Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:01 PM

Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha (15759 Views)

Profile Of Ugwumba Uche Nwosu: Biography Of Rochas Okorocha Choice Of Successor / Buhari Poses With Rochas Okorocha In Aso Rock (photos) / Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by rozayx5(m): 7:51pm On Oct 10, 2016

By Chidi Nkwopara & Chinonso Alozie, OWERRI. Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, has expressed worry at the way Nigerians are over dramatizing the current economic recession. The Governor made his feelings known Monday, when he hosted to a team of officers from the National Defence Academy, NDC, in Government House, Owerri.

“I think what we call recession has been over dramatised. I say so because agriculture had remained the nation’s main pivot upon which all the sectors of our economy revolve”, Okorocha said.

He further reasoned that “because this vital sector has been neglected, it has given rise to poverty today, including the rise in the Dollar and the fall of the Naira”. It was the Governor’s opinion that “most times in Nigeria, we treat the symptoms rather than the disease”. He advised that rather than paying undue attention to the recession, “let us discuss more about the disease, which is the total neglect of the agricultural sector of the nation’s economy by our past leaders”.

The Governor recalled that before the advent of oil, agriculture provided over 70 percent of employment and resources of the nation, as well as over 75 percent of Nigeria’s foreign reserves. “At that time, we were a rich nation. Oil made us lazy. This led us into this recession. Imo State is keying into the revitalization of the agric sector. We have gone deep in our palm plantation and we are moving speedily into rice farming”, Okorocha said. Speaking earlier, the leader of the visiting team, Air Vice Marshal H. C. Okpala, said the NDC is where potential strategic leaders are trained. Okpala explained that the course will afford the participants the opportunity to access, suggest and recommend solutions to the federal and state governments for implementation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/recession-dramatised-okorocha/

2 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by CoolFreeday(m): 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2016
We know that. They're doing everything possible to increase hardship and destabilize the government, so people can lose hope in the governance but it won't work, they need to try harder.

12 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by Nomswag: 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2016
Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by dunkem21(m): 8:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
Your state stink undecided

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by jimi4us: 8:13pm On Oct 10, 2016
Imo people ntoor. You people allowed this 419 man to rig election in your state.

114 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by ZZ22: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2016
It's official Okorocha has gone mad

105 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2016
This present Buhari led FG is unarguably the most successful in agriculture awareness since crude oil era Nigeria. We are on the verge of agricultural revolution.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by amaco12(m): 9:50pm On Oct 10, 2016
jimi4us:
Imo people ntoor. You people allowed this 419 man to rig election in your state.
what is wrong with you

6 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by adconline(m): 10:18pm On Oct 10, 2016
CoolFreeday:
We know that. They're doing everything possible to increase hardship and destabilize the government, so people can lose hope in the governance but it won't work, they need to try harder.
Yes cos 5m Naija's that lost their jobs are wailers and IPOB youths.
When you are buying a bag for N10k while wailers and Igbos are buying at N22k.
May all your families and friends be among the 5m without job, say Amen?

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by CoolFreeday(m): 10:37pm On Oct 10, 2016
adconline:

Yes cos 5m Naija's that lost their jobs are wailers and IPOB youths.
When are buying a bag for N10k while wailers and Igbos are buying at N22k.
May all your families and friends be among the 5m without job, say Amen?

I know your type. my advice for you is; don't focus too much on the condition of things, rather, you should focus more on the opportunities that it provides.

7 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by luvinhubby(m): 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2016
Abagworo:
This present Buhari led FG is unarguably the most successful in agriculture awareness since crude oil era Nigeria. We are on the verge of agricultural revolution.

Are you sure you are not jinxed?

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by rozayx5(m): 4:33am On Oct 11, 2016
luvinhubby:

Are you sure you are you are not jinxed?

you shud know y they are tagged zombies kiss

can you explain why i shud support the arrest of corrupt judges when you lined up SANS to defend a non existent certificate when i hear anti corruption.i just laugh cause buhari is not fighting corruption but fighting his perceieved enemies

what has Buhari achieved?
since he became President

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by sarrki(m): 6:05am On Oct 11, 2016
ZZ22:
It's official Okorocha has gone mad

The Greatest politician in the SE can't go mad

He's the best among his peers

God bless Owelle

6 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by proeast(m): 6:06am On Oct 11, 2016
I no talk am, Rochas madness is degenerating rapidly and he should be impeached asap!!! Right now, I Wonder between him & Buhari who is more unpopular?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by EternalTruths: 6:07am On Oct 11, 2016
sarrki:

The Greatest politician in the SE can't go mad
He's the best among his peers
God bless Owelle

The worst governor East of the Niger that is loved by the Afonjas

51 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by sarrki(m): 6:09am On Oct 11, 2016
EternalTruths:

The worst governor East of the Niger that is loved by the Afonjas

Don't ever talk about the best governor like that again

Tell me his equal in the east ?

3 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by proeast(m): 6:10am On Oct 11, 2016
jimi4us:
OBJ even talk am say he give us small theif (Ohakim) we say no na big theif(Rochas) we want

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by sarrki(m): 6:11am On Oct 11, 2016
proeast:
I no talk am, Rochas madness is degenerating rapidly and he should be impeached asap!!! Right now, I Wonder between him & Buhari who is more unpopular?

In 2015 both were rejected by wailers

They are still popular it's wailers propaganda

Live with it

Rochas is our governor

Pmb our president

4 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by proeast(m): 6:12am On Oct 11, 2016
Abagworo:
You've finally lost it bro, unbriddled sychophancy has made you unreasonable!!!

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by Bugatie(m): 6:14am On Oct 11, 2016
Is he not their zombie class captain

3 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by sarrki(m): 6:17am On Oct 11, 2016
proeast:
You've finally lost it bro, unbriddled sychophancy has made you unreasonable!!!

He's talking with facts

Counter him with facts

Not resulting to bullying

3 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by cascarino(m): 6:50am On Oct 11, 2016
proeast:
shatap! Mind your state and leave Rochas for Imolites. Crying more than the breaved!

2 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by kutchs: 7:22am On Oct 11, 2016
sarrki:

He's talking with facts

Counter him with facts

Not resulting to bullying
And what fact did Abagworo provide to support the claim he made?

9 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by Agimor(m): 7:56am On Oct 11, 2016
The recession is not really hitting those in the corridor of power just the common man. That's why this governor has the audacity to spew trash last time I checked the rich also cry.

6 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by obailala(m): 8:08am On Oct 11, 2016
jimi4us:
Some people keep swallowing overdose of panadol for other people's headache... Cant exactly say if this is just deep seated bad belle, jealousy, hatred or just confusion or maybe a combination of all.

@Topic, I think Rochas should learn to be quiet and allow his work do the talking.

1 Like

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by otukpo(f): 8:15am On Oct 11, 2016
Okorocha always displaying his foolishness

6 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by LORDOFAFONJAS: 8:24am On Oct 11, 2016
Abagworo:
job less thing undecided

8 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:31am On Oct 11, 2016
Rochas
Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by columbus007(m): 8:43am On Oct 11, 2016
dunkem21:
Your state stink and full of roaches undecided
Lol before nko why won't the state be filled with roaches when he bears RoacheAss okoacha grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 8:59am On Oct 11, 2016
kutchs:

And what fact did Abagworo provide to support the claim he made?

The facts are all around you. Pre 2015 how many States were producing rice compared with today? Look around you and count how many of your peers that have joined farming in the last one year.

1 Like

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by RZArecta(m): 9:03am On Oct 11, 2016
You can't expect a better pack of búllshít from an efulefu grin Okorocha we don hear you

7 Likes

Re: Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 9:03am On Oct 11, 2016
obailala:
Some people keep swallowing overdose of panadol for other people's headache... Cant exactly say if this is just deep seated bad belle, jealousy, hatred or just confusion or maybe a combination of all.

@Topic, I think Rochas should learn to be quiet and allow his work do the talking.

Do you think he talks much or Vanguard and PDP media are trying to portray such. It will surprise you to know that the man does no jamboree called flag off or commissioning of projects.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Backs Buni As Forces Ask Him To Quit As APC Chairman / Obi Congratulates Prof. Ogechi Adeola, On Her Appointment As Deputy VC In Rwanda / Nigerian Shot In Abidjan For Attacking Police Station With A Cutlass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.