Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? (8288 Views)

If You Got Beautiful And Glowing Skin Please Share Your Routine Here / A Beauty Make-up Shop In Lagos And Their Logo / What Is Your Holy Routine Before A Night Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by Seun(m): 11:02am On Apr 05, 2005
This thread is for you to talk about what you do every morning to make your body look beautiful.

Let me get the ball rolling. I'm male, about 23, and my daily beauty routine is:
1) Take a bath.
2) Dry my body.
3) If I see any pimples on my face, I use an alcohol-based face cleanser.
4) There is no step 4!

Ok, so what's yours like?

2 Likes

Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by diakim(m): 12:42pm On Apr 05, 2005
I rush to take my shower in the morning.
If I have enough time I use soap, otherwise I don't. That will have to wait till night, when I am back.
I will stand naked infront of the fan to dry myself. I don't like using the towel to dry myself.
I will hurriedly put on my clothes.
If my palm is feeling dry, I will rub some cream on it.
Then off I go.
If I can remember, I will check my face in my car rear view mirror to see what I look like, then ignore it.
Lest I forget, I am a male always with a skin hair-cut. rolleyes
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by whizkid(f): 12:55pm On Apr 05, 2005
That's a very interesting routine Seun, but I think you might want to use a low alcohol-based face cleanser for your pimple.

Me next! my daily beauty routine is a very simple one. I love to pamper my skin and as such I take very good care of it.

1.  I start by applying a facial scrub, which helps remove impurities- dirt, sebum etc.
2.  I take a bath using the local soap, you see I have a very beautiful and clear skin and would like to keep it that way, so I am very careful not to expose my skin to soaps and creams that would leave my skin dry and unevenly toned.
3.  Next, I apply a mild cream on my body.
4.  Make-up time, I like to apply light make-up to work, so I only powder my face, apply eye-pencil on my brow and eye shadow faintly, then lipstick.
6.  Comb my hair, arrange my braids as the case may be.
7.  Evening, facial srub to remove make-up etc, so that my skin can breathe again! then I take my bath before going to bed. I don't use night creams.

My secret is, I stick with my routine for maximum results.

diakim:
Very funny.  I guess that, because you are a guy, you don't really care huh?
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by Chigszy(f): 1:41pm On Apr 06, 2005
Ok fellows, here goes:
I am female, 19. I do not really have a routine. It all depends on my mood.

1) I shower at night so I do not have to shower in the morning cos I have got to play tennis pretty soon so I shower after that.
2) Wake up, excercise first if I have the time, brush, shower with antiseptic soap (those other stuff in the market dry your skin).
3) Apply body lotion, body splash, and deodorant.
4) Comb out my hair. Two things I am proud of in myself is my hair and my body. I have got pretty long hair and my hair grows fast. I do not like braiding it; I hardly do that. (I am athlethically built)
5) If am am like really lazy I just run my hand through my hair and tie it up or just let it down (all these depend on my mood).
6) No make up for me. I can not stand that stuff: I feel it is a waste of time and I do not seem to need it anyhow. I like myself the way I am. I guess that, when I start working, then I would just put on a light one. Oh well, will see how that goes.
7) I take hours deciding on what to wear, but mostly I prefare tops and jeans or shorts; just anything that will keep me comfy! grin
8.) At night, I shower but that depends. I wash my face with facial clensers, I brush my teeth and gargle with mouth wash, and I am ready to sleep.

1 Like

Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 12, 2005
hey this stuff looks like some ladies stuff, and u know u gotta be the man always wink. so i guess not to make myself look bad i'll say my rou-whatever..routine is like that of prince Akim (eddie murphy) in "coming to america" wink
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by hotpikin(f): 9:59pm On May 24, 2005
hmmm....
1. wake up
2. brush teeth...comb hair...oil it...
3. take shower
4. moisturize ma body 'n face...put on deodorant...wear ma clothes
5. put on powder 'n bronzer...mascara 'n colored lipgloss
6. check out maself in d mirror b4 leavin'... grin it's a must!
dt's it...i guess... cool
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by IAH(f): 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2005
1. wake up
2. brush teeth
3. take my bath. (After this I take a lot of time b4 putting on my wears because I like to dance infront of mirror)
4. put on my wears.
5. comb my hair and pack it.
6. rub powder on my face.
7. rub a little vaseline on my lips.

I only rub my body with body-cream in dry seasons when my skin looks dry.

And of course, I check out myself in the mirror. grin
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by efe: 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2005
itake my bath off out to my school all do! iam a girl and also student i put my powder and my lips glossoftoschool
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by tayotina(f): 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2005
Mine is so simple.

1. Good morning, drink some water then find my way to the kitchen.
2. Brush my teeth
3. Take a shower
4. Rub my body, apply my lip-gloss, eye pencil and deodorant then powder my face.
5. Pack my hair in a ponytail (long and silky hair) wink
6. Then wear a nice perfume. I love perfumes.
7. In the evening, take a cold shower and good nite.

(Of course after rubbing and applying, I put on my clothes)
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by laideo(f): 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2005
1. wake up
2. take my bath
3.get dressed
4. brush and oil my hair
5.gloss my lips like theres no tomorrow(am addicted to lipgloss)

i dont do make-up.
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by Greatpeter(m): 2:56pm On Jul 08, 2005
I wake up, say my prayers and read my bible.

Brush my teeth.

Have a shower,

Cream my body and hair,

Then if at work, put on my coverall.

Wear a slight perfume and deodorant.

I do avoid breakfast, I don't take.

Get to the office before seven o'clock.

The roomboy must have taken care of the office b4 my arrival.

I then start my job straightaway.
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by Scorpio(f): 12:47am On Oct 31, 2005
1. Take a shower
2.brush
3. since i ain't braidin, i just apply gel to my curls
4.apply my lotion[ well now, it's vaseline cos it's winter], deodorant, body spray[ could apply as many as possible, cos i luv them]
5. Put on my clothes n slippers first
6. fix my make-up
7. put on my shoes/sneakers, then spray on some perfume, apply lip-gloss, take a look at d mirror to see if i'm aiight grin
8. i'm outta d house,I don't have breakfast cos i'm in a hurry n sometimes, i'm already runnin late.
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by WesleyanA(f): 1:01am On Oct 31, 2005
i can't live w/o deodorant and bodyspray. i get all sweaty after practice so i keep a set in my gym locker at school too because i hate the girls shower and i take the bus so....
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by Seun(m): 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2005
WesleyanA: When you mix the strong odour from body sweat with the sweet smell of a perfume, the resulting smell is something in-between - you're going to smell like the sun-dried seafish sold in Lagos! grin
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by WesleyanA(f): 12:28am On Nov 03, 2005
I use body spray not perfume.  they are two different things

and it's not even like i keep the same clothes on.. plus  i use deodorant too. tongue . . 

(you're a guy and you live in nigeria where it's always 100 degrees outside. here it's cold and i'm female we don't sweat and stink like guys  rolleyes).

trust me i always smell good after practice  grin and when i get home from school, i take a nice shower.
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by vexxy(f): 5:58am On Nov 03, 2005
Female, 24. Routine as follows:

1. Spend maximum time in bed so I wake up late and rush to brush my teeth
2. Put on a shower cap and take a shower.
3. Wash face in shower with facial scrub stuff
4. Dry off and put on lotion (although I must admit that I don't lotion every part all of the time. It depends on how late I am.
5. Brush hair back into a pony tail
6. Get dressed, put on deoderant, run out the door.

No make up. No jewlery. I don't get into either one. I may spray a bit of purfume if I remember but the soap and lotion smell good enough. I don't like strong smells. Oh, and I put on some chapstick. Not very impressive.
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by tamia(f): 11:05pm On Nov 03, 2005
-wake up
-say ma mornin' prayers / make ma bed
-take ma shower/ brush ma teeth
-put some lotion and deodorant
-put on ma clothes/ sneakers or wateva shoe wear for the day
-put on my eye shadow (very imp), mascara and lip gloss (no powder)
-wear ma perfume
-i'm good to go! (oh n breakfast! well sometimes)
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by disney(f): 4:39am On Dec 24, 2005
since am a lady, might waste some time in the morning but l got it all planned since l do it daily.............
Well, the alarm wakes me up with the song " you should let me love you by Mario" tongue.that puts a smile on my face reminding me of the one l love. I say a quickie thank you prayer believing God that l would have a blessed day

Then l quickly rush to the bathroom,

take a cool shower with shower gel or dove .......anything that smells rosy since am the romantic kind. embarassed

From there, dry up and use my favorite lotion " Pony"  ...............secret to the ladies of my good looking skin

Then l use my deodeorant and body spray...............{ I use Dove).

I put on my favorite sweater depending on my mood then use my favorite perfume { Very sexy) am a perfume freak..................so if u buying me present..........love perfumes to death........name it all.l got it in my room from dolce and gabbana, to euphoria to lovely to celin dion to beyonce to ashanti.........God help me get over it.l try

I quickly rush to the bathroom to put on my makeup............not too much makeup........Use an eyeliner............use white liner (secret to the ladies if you want to have wide sexy eyes)........or black or blue depending on my mood.

then l line my lips and then use my favorite color (brown since its fall) or just a nice lip shimmer........makes my lips look fuller and cute

Then,  l use a pink blush since l smile a lot

I don't use foundations when l've got beautiful skin.............what am l covering up for.

From there, l use mascara or a cute brown eyeshadow depending on my mood.

I rush off to the leaving room, grab my favorite cereal ( wetabix)....................have it with hotdog or waffle. or bread............(yankee breakfast u know can't eat rice/eba/akara in the morning)

Then , l grab my handbag , my cell phone, my car keys and ( off to skool looking diva and fierce to seduce the guys). grin
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by snazzydawn(f): 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2005
female 21
Routine
Wake up
Say my prayers
tidy my bed
go downstairs and laze about(drink 2 glasses of water while lazing about)
go back up
brush my teeth
take my bath(takes about 30minutes)
wipe my body
look at myself in front of the mirror
wipe my face with face swipes
rub facial cream
apply foundation(mary kay)
apply loose powder
apply eyeshadow
apply eyeliner
apply mascara
apply lip gloss
work on my neck and shoulders with the foundation and loose powder
apply deodorant
apply body spray
oil my body
wear my undies(don't ask me what type)
wear my dress which of course I had already laid out on de bed
use light perfume on the necessary areas
wear my shoes or slippers
look at myself in the mirror from all angles
make my facial expressions like smile,pout and poses
wear my sunshades if I want to
grab my handbag
off I go.....

At night
take a bath
brush my teeth
apply night cream
wear my nightie
climb into bed
travel to dreamland where I dream of YOU...

Phewwwww,that was long!!!
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by vickybabe(f): 12:25am On Feb 09, 2006
this is going to longer
wake up
pray
take a walk
gym
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:57am On Feb 22, 2006
after takin ma bath n al da basic stuff
i sit in front of ma mirror n admire da handiwork of God's creation
i den take ma time to apply al da facial make-ups u can thk of
except im not in da mood 4 dressing
but whn i get down 2 it
no1 beats me,absolutely no1
it feels damn good 2 be told whneva u go out how beautiful u are
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by hannah11: 4:44pm On Mar 25, 2006
1) get up
2) have breakfast
3)wash face
4)go straighten hair
5)put on makeup
6)brush teeth

Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by hotangel2(f): 8:27am On Mar 26, 2006
I don't know if girls know this, But it's not technically right to use your facials (face wash, facial cleansers etc), in the morning when you are about to apply make-up. If you do that, you'll be covering the "facial wash" with your make-up, thus not making it do what it's spose to do. You are normally suppose to apply facial cleansers when you want to go to bed, or when you know u don't need make-up on your face/u not going out. Your are spose to wash your face, rub watever u use, let it do it's work, after you wake up, take your bath and wash it all off, that's how u get a 'fresh' face. Not by covering the cleansers with 'extra-make up'. Just thought i should let y'all know.

My routine, i know it should be long but it isn't. cheesy
Wake up, say prayers (i forget sometimes, but remeber late on in the bath tub, n say it there).
Run to restroom, sit on toilet seat, do watever the fxck i want to do there, while i brush (what?)
Get up after doing my business, rinse my mouth, and brush one more time (i have a bad child-hood habbit of brushing like two/three times in a row).
Go in the tub, shower (as long as i do it depends on whether or not im late to a place).
Get out the bath, wipe my body off in the restroom,
Come inside my room, apply lotion, deoderant, hair cream, hair spray, do hair,
Making up depends on where im going.
If im not going out. I use my lip gloss, wear watever i want to wear. And im done.
If im going out, well, that's a whole new story on it own, i sit on my make-up chair, and do my thing. I use "Covergirl" for everything now. I just love cover-girl, easy breezy beautiful cover-girl. cheesy
When im done, spray perfume, annoint my self, look at the mirror and bam, im done. with the face of course. Trust me, it's not as quick as it sounds, especially when im going out.

When im back from wherever i go, And i know im not going out anymore, i go wash my face with my normal dove bar soap.
Before i sleep at night, i use my clean and clear facial wash. And bam im off to bed.

Doing that saves me from using foundation and heavy make-up. When the face is fresh, there really isn't much make-up to do in the morning. Rather i would have minor "finishing touches" to do. wink
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by sweetpea(f): 5:31pm On Mar 28, 2006
well,it's all ok,but I also want to let us know that cleanser doesn't work for everybody,so find out what is good for u from a dermatologist and adhere to it.
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by hotangel2(f): 6:55pm On Mar 28, 2006
sweetpea:

well,it's all ok,but I also want to let us know that cleanser doesn't work for everybody,so find out what is good for u from a dermatologist and adhere to it.
Cleanser is not a specific product. Whatever you dermatologist prescribes for you, is a facial cleanser. I think i get your point tho, you mean so many products works differently for so many faces, so we should ask a dermatologist. Okay that's true, smiley
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by Zahymaka(m): 4:40am On Mar 31, 2006
Mine is sort of

1. I wake up, take a shower
2. Dry myself and put on my clothes
3. Sometimes I use a haircream to avoid dandruff but most of the time my hair is low because I hate combing.

I don't apply anything -- my skin's very oily so even during harmattan my face gets all covered and I use a bandanna as a hanky because it's so much. I hate deodorants because they irritate my skin and perfumes because they give me a runny nose. I only use faint ones. As for neatness I love white and won't wear anything twice -- except jeans and socks which I wear exactly twice.
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by mamaput(f): 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2006
I wait for the kids to go . I go after them,
put on my pc
I light a cigarette
I take my bath
brush my teeth
cream myself
get dressed
sit at the pc
make my hair
I make my hair and surf at the same time.
make a tee
look in the mirror
put of everything and go.
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by hotangel2(f): 11:37pm On Apr 01, 2006
Zahymaka:

-- except jeans and socks which I wear exactly twice.

I hate to pock-nose, but u wear ur jean pants exactly twice? You'll spoil em if you wash em too much. At least that's wat i've heard and i also probably think it's true. Washing your pants too much make it lose it texture and spoils it.
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by Zahymaka(m): 12:11am On Apr 02, 2006
So I heard too but I wear only jeans -- I hardly wear "normal" trousers. I've got quite a pile.
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by hotangel2(f): 4:16am On Apr 04, 2006
So do they fade out?
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by Zahymaka(m): 1:38pm On Apr 04, 2006
Rarely grin grin
Re: What is Your Daily Beauty/Make-up Routine Like? by eveseh(f): 1:26pm On Apr 23, 2006
take a bath

cream my skin

and dress up

and a lil bit make up on,i only put lip wet on

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Free Online Coupon Codes / Reasons Why Our Women, Ladies Or Girls Dress Indecently / Nigerian Girls Should Stop This!(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.