Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,864 members, 7,806,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (791121 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (1067) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
45' One minute added time. Nigeria 2-1 Mali
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Goooooal' Uchendu grabs her brace of the match as she blasts in from the edge to give the Super Falcons the lead in the 39th minute. Now Nigeria 2-1 Mali #WAFUWomensCup #SoarSuperFalcons
This Chinanza Uchendu who had her penalty against Ghana saved still got to start in this game. Perhaps this confidence in her by the coach has given her a psychological boost.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:23pm On Feb 24, 2018
HT' in Abidjan: Chinaza Uchendu brace gave Nigeria a first half comeback 2-1 lead after Diarra Fatoumata's opener for Mali in the third place encounter #WAFUWomensCup

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:43pm On Feb 24, 2018
55' Nigeria 2-1 Mali - The African Queens are still in full control as Chinaza and Ajibade push forward for more goals #WAFUWomensCup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:50pm On Feb 24, 2018
61'' Nigeria 2-1 Mali - The African Queens are still in full control as Chinaza and Ajibade push forward for more goals #WAFUWomensCup

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2018
73' Brilliant save! Chiamaka Nnadozie rises high to deny Mali's Diarra Fatoumata from getting her brace from a distance. Still 2-1 for Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:34pm On Feb 24, 2018
Goal disallowed! Uchendu heads pass her marker in front on the Malian box to score but referee signaled for a foul in the 89th minute
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:35pm On Feb 24, 2018
FT' Nigeria 2-1 Mali
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:36pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nigeria's Chinaza Uchendu named Woman Player of the Match after her brace inspired the Super Falcons to a 2-1 win over Mali #SoarSuperFalcons
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2018
We are #WAFUWomensCup bronze winners #SoarSuperFalcons #WAFUWomensCup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:02pm On Feb 24, 2018
You got that spot on Sir.... Happy we got the bronze at least. Good show from the girls and nice experience for the U-20 lasses such as Ajibade, Famuditi and IMO.

Up next is what then? The France friendly or is the Alanya still a no-show?

Our Super Falcons deserve better. Pinnick made a promise to this team. He should plss keep it.

Daejoyoung:

This Chinanza Uchendu who had her penalty against Ghana saved still got to start in this game. Perhaps this confidence in her by the coach has given her a psychological boost.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:16pm On Feb 24, 2018
Let hope and pray that we don't really get withdrawn from the Alanya cup 2018 tournament Turkey

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 8:17pm On Feb 24, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
You got that spot on Sir.... Happy we got the bronze at least. Good show from the girls and nice experience for the U-20 lasses such as Ajibade, Famuditi and IMO.

Up next is what then? The France friendly or is the Alanya still a no-show?

Our Super Falcons deserve better. Pinnick made a promise to this team. He should plss keep it.

Yeah, Nff should have sent at least one of the coaches to get the first team prepared, and then Dennerby would join later with a few players from WAFU. Even the likes of lniumotong and Ordega were already excited because the coach had sent them mails ahead.
The Nff's lack of planning in the end is the major problem.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 8:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
Ghana already leading lvorycoast 1-0. 20mins.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
Chinaza Uchendu is already making her way to becoming a player for the Future.
20years old Nigeria international who plays for Rivers Angels can play as a Center back, Midfielder, and also as a Striker.. I see the New Rita Chikwelu in her..she is skillful, Full of Energy, good with both feets..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Chinaza Uchendu is already making her way to becoming a player for the Future.
20years old Nigeria international who plays for Rivers Angels can play as a Center back, Midfielder, and also as a Striker.. I see the New Rita Chikwelu in her..she is skillful, Full of Energy, good with both feets..
Yeah l knew her from the 2015 u20 wwc qualifiers where she partnered with lhezuo, she was one of those outstanding players as a supporting striker then.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 8:46pm On Feb 24, 2018
34mins in Abidjan. ClV 0-1 Ghana. A tension soaked match and a pure display of top football artistry akin to West African football.

Paraphrased Tweet from Samuel Ahmadu.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 9:59pm On Feb 24, 2018
FT CIV 0-1 Ghana.

Ghana are champions of the lnaugural WAFU female tournament.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:33am On Feb 25, 2018
Super Falcons pull out of Turkey Tourney
Nigeria senior women team, the Super Falcons, will no longer take part in the 2018 Alanya Women’s Cup scheduled to hold between February 26 to March 7 in Turkey.
After confirmation of their participation by the
Nigeria Football Federation the Super Falcons were subsequently zoned in Group B alongside France B, Kosovo, Kazakhstan for the 12-team tournament in Alanya.
However, the Thomas Dennerby-led ladies, have pulled out of the event due to logistic reasons, Goal writes.
“It is a very sad situation for us. We want the make the tournament but there were so many factors that conspired against our wishes to participate,” a source said.
“We made efforts to arrange entry visa to Turkey for the players – those abroad and others in Abidjan but were faced with a lot of challenges and it could not work out.”
It is understood that the Swedish handler of the team has contacted the initially invited Super Falcons players to tell them about the country’s withdrawal citing the said logistical problems.
Coach Dennerby, whose team B finished third in the 2018 Wafu Women’s Nations Cup, will now shift focus on making good preparations for the France friendly scheduled for April 6 in Le Mans.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Na true she talk... I was even being magnanimous calling our side a B-team... in truth it is truly a C-team. But I am greatly disappointed that we are being withdrawn from the Alanya Women's cup while South Africa's Banyans Banyana are on their way to take part in the Cyprus Women's cup I talked about earlier.

Even the Algarve and SheBelieves Cup are all gonna be running concurrently when the Alanya and Cyprus cup tourneys are on and we cannot get into just one of them!!! Haba! hopes shattered again...

Just when I was looking forward to seeing Our girls engage in a very busy two months of football leading to the France international friendly game in April and I hope that the game with France still stands abeg!!! Not tomorrow naa, they will tell us a different story again sad

I was skeptical from the beginning because this NFF does not care about female football. They might use them to score cheap points when need be but the NFF could care less about the development of female football in Nigeria. Honestly they don't seem to care about anything going on in the country. Very soon they will start looking for female players born outside the country so they can completely neglect their youth teams.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:46pm On Feb 25, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Nff should have left this WAFU cup for the assistant coaches, and then allow Dennerby prepare for the Turkish women cup, that would have been a boost to our ranking cos we may beat the likes of Poland, Ireland and even the French B team there.
Good ranking attracts favourable groups in the world cup, WAFU would not help us with good ranking even if we had won it.

They expected to win WAFU and phase out some players. When Ngozi Okobi publicly calls a team that Nigeria paraded as a team B a team C, we should know that there is a problem somewhere. I don't think the plan ever was to play that tournament.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoSourcing: 1:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
Just got banned sad but here is another reaction to the cancelation.

oparanozie desire‏
@oparanozie9

so i've actually been waiting to see how we'll react to this. And just as expected & as usual everyone is calm. And yet we seek for a change, change in how we're being treated, but yet no one gets to speak up. And that brings me to ask my fellow associates "what are we afraid of?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoSourcing: 1:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
ASISAT M.O.N‏
@AsisatOshoala

Y’all keep using the media to promote what you are not even ready to do.....#Shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
NFF is not interested in anything other than super eagles A team. In fact, Amaju Pinnick has been a failure since day 1, but he seems to have oiled the palms of sports writers. I knew the NFF would not drop money even it is just to pay hotel accommodation for female teams.

Shamefully, NFF is trying to demonise female players who protested against them. I am waiting because it will backfire terribly.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:19pm On Feb 25, 2018
NFF better have a rethink, because they are seriously letting our girls down... How can be Advertising a game for the girls when they know they won't partake...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 12:23am On Feb 26, 2018
If Pinnkck is indeed trying to revenge on the girls for the ugly incidents of 2016,then he is threading the wrong path!..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:04am On Feb 27, 2018
'We used an inexperienced team'- Dennerby explains Super Falcons' Wafu title miss
By Samuel Ahmadu

The African queens settled for the bronze following their win over Mali, but the gaffer has offered reasons for the sub-regional title miss

Nigeria women head coach Thomas Dennerby has explained that his side's missed out on winning the maiden Wafu Women's Cup owing to inexperience.

The Super Falcons bowed to Ghana on penalties in the semi-final but silenced Mali 2-1 to clinch the third-place bronze medal.

And the Swedish tactician admits disappointment crashing narrowly against the Black Queens, though, he expressed delight at his team's incredible progress at the football event.

"For these ten days, if you assess all the five games we played, I must say I’m really satisfied with the girls," Dennerby told Goal.

"Because we knew already when we arrived here that we were using an inexperienced and young team. It was a bit hard coming together for the first time but in the ten days, we have understood ourselves more and a lot has improved better.

"I'm happy we did very well against Mali and did not return empty-handed. The only disappointment I had was our loss on the penalty shoot-out against Ghana but in five games we were undefeated at the full time and that was a strong performance from our young girls."

"As it used to be in every squad, we have some players that we really perform well in every game and others that were a bit irregular in their performance," he continued.

"But that normal for some young players and I'm not worried about that because when we give them a little more experience - they will be able to be more fit and play regularly.

"Possibly, why we were a bit inconsistent were because we had some that were in good shape and fitter while others were just returning for their club pre-season. Overall, I’m satisfied.

"Of course, it is important for me to see them [Ghana and Cote d'Ivoire] and know how they are playing. I also saw their final to do some notes on them.

"But we know that we have 15 to 20 players to bring in to the senior team and that possibly everybody knows that this is more like our U20 team with few older players between 22-23.

"Everybody knows that the Nigerian team has a lot of players that could bring in more power and experience when playing against any team."

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/we-used-an-inexperienced-team-dennerby-explains-super/1v8pn5b7f7kst1rg8qa6ps1qs5
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:11am On Feb 27, 2018
Coach Dennerby singles out 'outstanding' Ogbonna after Nigeria's Wafu outing
By Samuel Ahmadu, Correspondent

The Super Falcons boss has praised the defender, who he thinks was the country's most outstanding player at the football event in Abidjan

Nigeria women head coach Thomas Dennerby has praised his defender Glory Ogbonna, saying she is the team's most outstanding player at the WAFU Women's Cup in Abidjan.

The Super Falcons defeated Mali 1-0 in the third-place match to settle for bronze as Dennerby escaped beginning his reign in charge of the team without a medal.

However, the 58-year-old has praised some top performing players including Rasheedat Ajibade but has hailed the exceptional display of the Ibom Angels woman.

"First of all, I think Glory Ogbonna was very good and outstanding in all the five games," Dennerby told Goal .

"I think Anam Imo played very well and Rasheedat Ajibade works really hard always. Joy Jegede's performance was better with each and every game and she was a great leader of the team.

"Goodness [Onyebuchi] too and in the last game, we saw Amarachi [Okonkwo] and Chinaza [Uchendu] also did great. Over five games, I think the player with the highest standard for us was Ogbonna.

"We know we can play some good possession play when we have our minutes of play but we were a bit irregular and we play the long ball when we don't need to.

"I know they are young girls and we do have good goal scorers and defenders here and I know there is a lot we can bring from this tournament. I believe we can help them gain more experience and maturity with upcoming competitions."

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/dennerby-singles-out-outstanding-ogbonna-after-super-falcons/rge6i2xv5lyw1czyart2gd77z
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 10:28am On Feb 27, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Coach Dennerby singles out 'outstanding' Ogbonna after Nigeria's Wafu outing

The Super Falcons boss has praised the defender, who he thinks was the country's most outstanding player at the football event in Abidjan

Nigeria women head coach Thomas Dennerby has praised his defender Glory Ogbonna, saying she is the team's most outstanding player at the WAFU Women's Cup in Abidjan.

The Super Falcons defeated Mali 1-0 in the third-place match to settle for bronze as Dennerby escaped beginning his reign in charge of the team without a medal.

However, the 58-year-old has praised some top performing players including Rasheedat Ajibade but has hailed the exceptional display of the Ibom Angels woman.

"First of all, I think Glory Ogbonna was very good and outstanding in all the five games," Dennerby told Goal .

"I think Anam Imo played very well and Rasheedat Ajibade works really hard always. Joy Jegede's performance was better with each and every game and she was a great leader of the team.

"Goodness [Onyebuchi] too and in the last game, we saw Amarachi [Okonkwo] and Chinaza [Uchendu] also did great. Over five games, I think the player with the highest standard for us was Ogbonna.

"We know we can play some good possession play when we have our minutes of play but we were a bit irregular and we play the long ball when we don't need to.

"I know they are young girls and we do have good goal scorers and defenders here and I know there is a lot we can bring from this tournament. I believe we can help them gain more experience and maturity with upcoming competitions."

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/dennerby-singles-out-outstanding-ogbonna-after-super-falcons/rge6i2xv5lyw1czyart2gd77z
l wonder why they didn't take Charity Reuben of lbom Angels(who is also a super sub in the falconets) she was the best player in the league last season and was even nominated for the Nff awards.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Ifunanya327(f): 11:51am On Feb 27, 2018
register, like/share business pages on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram and get paid daily up to #1300
http://abhishekborkar.com/jxaA7//a579e96f98725fa3aebe9b6d5ef688a2/fcb/en/?i=2376186&i=2376186
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:32pm On Feb 28, 2018
Coach Dennerby shifts focus to France friendly after botched Alanya Women's Cup trip

Having failed to make the Turkish invitational tournament, the Super Falcons gaffer says he is looking forward to the friendly with Les Bleus

Nigeria women coach Thomas Dennerby says he is shifting attention to April's international friendly with France after the failed trip to Alanya Women's Cup in Turkey.

The Super Falcons concluded their Wafu Women's Cup tournament with a bronze and were expected to hit Alanya for the 12-team Turkish Women's Cup scheduled to kick off on Wednesday.

However, the competition's organisers canceled the nation's participation after it botched efforts of securing entry visas for its traveling players to Turkey.

And the Swedish gaffer says he has moved on from the situation as he vows to present a formidable side against the French team at the MM Arena in Le Mans.

"I don't care so much about that anymore. We tried to go and the organisers of the tournament in Turkey confirmed we could come," Dennerby told Goal .
"But they set up a deadline and we could not have everyone on the team ready for the trip. The decision has been concluded because the organisers already canceled our participation because we could not meet the deadline for completing the paper works.
"It is now in the past and there is no problem about that at all. I'm not looking on to the failed tournament anymore. Now, I will return to Abuja and keep working on getting my team prepared for the France friendly.
"We are going to have a great game against France. I'm satisfied with the support I'm getting from the Nigeria Football Federation, the coaching staff and everyone around me knows a lot about the game and they are very kind people.
"There are a lot coming up this year. The qualification and the Africa Women's Nations Cup itself and I really hope we can do well in the summer this year and qualify for the World Cup next year.
"But nothing good comes easy because we need to work hard and everybody including the players and officials have to work hard because to achieve anything on the pitch, you've got to work really hard for it."

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/dennerby-shifts-focus-to-france-friendly-after-botched/1y2edg8xpvdof1brqubig63mpj

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
Club, Henan Huishang FC

Bankable Super Falcons defender, Ebi Onome has been unveiled by Chinese football club, Henan Huishang Football Club after she agreed to a deal with the club.

The three time African Woman Championship (AWC) winner is making a grand return to football after working very hard to recover from an injury she sustained in December 2016 at the final game between Cameroun and Nigeria which they later won.

Brave Onome managed to play the final minutes of the game with a hand fractured fired by an exemplary spirit of patriotism that earned her the respect of all.

The injury side-lined the Centre Back for more than a year. She last laced her boots for FC Minsk in the Belarusian Premier League.  

Expressing her delight, the talented footballer revealed that it has been a long journey. “Thanks be to God almighty for making this possible. I’m back in football again and to say I am super excited is to put what I am feeling mildly. I want to thank everyone who has been with me on my journey to recovery and has helped to make this possible. I want to single out my management team, Temple Management Company (TMC) for being a strong support system and making sure this transition was very smooth.”

She added, “I can’t wait to play football again for my club and country. I have survived one of the biggest challenges of my career and I am in a happy place to once again do what I love best.”

Also speaking, Koye Sowemimo, Head of Sport, Temple Management Company (TMC) said, “We are super delighted for Onome. As with every Athlete you can feel the pressure of not competiting again when opportunities don’t come quick enough. But thankfully, Onome’s mental strength and support of her team kept her in good spirit and has now been duly rewarded with a new chapter in her football career. We wish her all the very best .

Ebi Onome’s return to football is bound to boost the morale of the Nigerian Super Falcons team as she now makes herself available to represent them at the highest level.

More about Ebi Onome:

Ebi Onome is a talented footballer and Super Falcons of Nigeria player who has appeared a record four times at the Africa Women’s Cup of Nations (AWCON). She played a major role to help Nigeria win their 10th AWCON title.

Her professional football career began when she played for Bayelsa Queens FC in the Nigerian Women’s Championship before moving to Piteå IF and Djurgårdens IF in Sweden’s Damallsvenskan.

She then played for Turkish sides Düvenciler Lisesispor and Ataşehir Belediyespor at the First League. She made her Champions League debut in August 2012 while playing for Ataşehir Belediyespor.

She returned to the Swedish Damallsvenskan in 2013 to play for Sunnanå SK before going to Belarus to play for FC Minsk in the Belarusian Premier League. While there, she was a member of the team that won the Belarusian Premier League, the Belarusian Women’s Cup and the Belarusian Women’s Super-Cup twice.

Connect With Her On Social Media – Twitter– @EBIONOME, Instagram – @onosky5

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (1067) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: lovewins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.