Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,232 members, 7,780,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:26 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (756944 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1031) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
Cameroon extremely physical. Even lunging into tackles with studs up. The ref for the final has to be brave.

Meanwhile...the small business of South Africa has to be attended to.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
I predict 4-2 i don't know why so don't ask.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
Lets hope the formation supersports showed is a mistake or joke.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
The ref from Ghana Kenya is part of this ref team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2016
So far midfield F9.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
We are showing them too much respect we need to attack them.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:49pm On Nov 29, 2016
Obvious weaklinks in the team are Captain and Ikidi. If the coach can bring in Igbinovia and Ebere, then we will win this match easy. Captain is tired!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isaiah9(m): 7:56pm On Nov 29, 2016
Half time
Must say we are playing poorly

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2016
olapluto:
Obvious weaklinks in the team are Captain and Ikidi. If the coach can bring in Igbinovia and Ebere, then we will win this match easy. Captain is tired!

Igbinovia is not an holding midfielder.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
What a freekick by Oparanozie 1-0.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ebi and Ikidi are really poor.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
Yep it just happened clear penalty overlooked.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2016
The refs have been poor! Two clear penalties denied for Nigeria in this tournament.

I don't know what will go down on Saturday. The NFF or coach Omagbemi should subtly put pressure on the officials to officiate fairly in the final, just as a Mourinho or Ferguson would do.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
Forget about Nigeria getting any penalties even if our player is shot in the box. The whole of Africa is against Nigeria and it will be near impossible to win the final.
Coach Omagbemi is tactically average.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2016
Only one substitution. The coach completely wore down our midfielders.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Havilah93(m): 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
Without any unbiased officiating in the final we can definitely beat Cameroon
Meanwhile, @CFCman where is dike? Is she still in school in USA?
I miss that girl. She, Oshoala and Sunday had a great combination in 2014
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2016
Havilah93:
Without any unbiased officiating in the final we can definitely beat Cameroon

Meanwhile, where is dike? Is she still in school in USA?

I miss that girl. She, Oshoala and Sunday had a great combination in 2014
She is still in school, that's why she couldn't make the tournament.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ngozi Ebere should replace Ikidi at left-back, or else Cameroon could punish the SF. Rita Chikwelu can't afford to be giving away the ball so easily as she did vs South Africa, and should cut down on the showboating
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Havilah93(m): 9:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
That wing was just porous for the entire 90 minutes.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
Honestly... I too, wanna see Ebere Ngozi man that leftback role. Ikidi is good going forward but so also is Ebere.

Defensively, Ikidi gets beaten kinda easily.

Ngatlana (no.11 who replaced no.10) dealt with Ikidi every time she came up against her.

Rita Chikwelu, Okobi and Ayinde is my midfield for the final but Chikwelu should be a little more careful like you rightly pointed out.

CFCman:
Ngozi Ebere should replace Ikidi at left-back, or else Cameroon could punish the SF. Rita Chikwelu can't afford to be giving away the ball so easily as she did vs South Africa, and should cut down on the showboating
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
Looooollllll.... Very Funny but with what I saw today and what I saw against Ghana with Oshoala the victim on both occasions in the penalty box after strong runs on goal.... Then I gotta say the bolded is so true... smiley

olapluto:
Forget about Nigeria getting any penalties even if our player is shot in the box. The whole of Africa is against Nigeria and it will be near impossible to win the final.
Coach Omagbemi is tactically average.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
It's so sad indeed. Maybe until our player actually "dies" in the box (being shot is not enough) will a penalty be given.

Saturday is gonna be War... I mean Real War. It's the Super Falcons against the rest of Africa. Reminds me of that hostile 2000 final between Nigeria and South Africa.

We will win against the odds. Believe me we will... But a lot will go down.

CFCman:
The refs have been poor! Two clear penalties denied for Nigeria in this tournament.

I don't know what will go down on Saturday. The NFF or coach Omagbemi should subtly put pressure on the officials to officiate fairly in the final, just as a Mourinho or Ferguson would do.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
When I saw the second opportunity after the first she took strongly and above target, I knew she will score. smiley

Remember her sumptuous freekick goal against Cameroun two years ago in Namibia in the final. wink

BascoVanVeli:
What a freekick by Oparanozie 1-0.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
Honestly expected Igbinovia to come in at some point.

I spotted her dressed up for a very late change which never happened as ball was still in play till the ref blew for full time.

All is well... They got three whole days of rest now. smiley

olapluto:
Only one substitution. The coach completely wore down our midfielders.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly expected Igbinovia to come in at some point.

I spotted her dressed up for a very late change which never happened as ball was still in play till the ref blew for full time.

All is well... They got three whole days of rest now. smiley

It may even be better for Omagbemi to deploy a 4-woman midfield on Saturday, with Igbinovia being the extra woman. And the team will have Oparanozie and Oshoala up front in a classic 4-4-2 formation. Ordega/Wogu could be sacrificed except either is willing to track back as much as possible to assist Ikidi.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by robosky02(m): 11:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
what matters now is the game in younde

Cameroon vs Nigeria

off the pitch a lot of politics will come to play

Issa Hayatou vs Amaju Pinnick

cos Hayatou doesn't want to see Pinnick

and Pinnick is ploting Hayatou.... as FIFA presidos man

"the game" will be tough not the match

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 5:44am On Nov 30, 2016
Selection! Selection! Selection!.

That's the bane of Nigerian coaches and sadly Coach Omagbemi is not getting her selection right.

Faith Ikidi is the weakest link in our defence and this has been obvious from the first game. She gets beaten easily, lacks pace and is easily outrun. I wonder how badly she'll play before she's relegated to the bench.

Sadly, Coach Omagbemi has stuck with her till the semis so she'll definitely start the finals despite Ngozi Ebere being better. Reminds me of how Keshi stubbornly stuck with Chigozie Agbim despite his obvious shortcomings and flaws.

Nigerian Coaches are a special breed, I tell ya undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by denniece1(m): 6:59am On Nov 30, 2016
We never really got to see INI umuotong play for us, she was fantastic last season (top scorer in wsl 2), and what of this charity adule.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:51am On Nov 30, 2016
semid4lyfe:
Selection! Selection! Selection!.

That's the bane of Nigerian coaches and sadly Coach Omagbemi is not getting her selection right.

Faith Ikidi is the weakest link in our defence and this has been obvious from the first game. She gets beaten easily, lacks pace and is easily outrun. I wonder how badly she'll play before she's relegated to the bench.

Sadly, Coach Omagbemi has stuck with her till the semis so she'll definitely start the finals despite Ngozi Ebere being better. Reminds me of how Keshi stubbornly stuck with Chigozie Agbim despite his obvious shortcomings and flaws.

Nigerian Coaches are a special breed, I tell ya undecided

Faith was left naked time and again by Ordega. She still saved the match for us with 2 goal line clearances. How do u know Ebere is better wen she has only played on the right.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:11am On Nov 30, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Faith was left naked time and again by Ordega. She still saved the match for us with 2 goal line clearances. How do u know Ebere is better wen she has only played on the right.
The time Ngozi played, she was much better and more aggresive than Ikidi. I think Ikidi should have been replaced at half time yesterday. Ebere should start the final. Although I dont expect the coach to make the changes. Favouritism is the reason Nigerian coaches fail and you see Rohr excelling because he no dey look face.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:36am On Nov 30, 2016
olapluto:

The time Ngozi played, she was much better and more aggresive than Ikidi. I think Ikidi should have been replaced at half time yesterday. Ebere should start the final. Although I dont expect the coach to make the changes. Favouritism is the reason Nigerian coaches fail and you see Rohr excelling because he no dey look face.

Favouritism is a bit harsh, she has dropped her captain before, Faith was over worked all thanks to Ordega not tracking back and the coach made the change. Let's give Omagbemi a bit of credit in her first tournament she has reached the finals, she will get better as time goes on.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:44am On Nov 30, 2016
As in eh... Iniabasi Umotong was wonderful in the WSL2 last season. She did not only win the TOP SCORER AWARD. SHE ALSO WON "WSL2 PLAYER OF THE SEASON" smiley

I believe the coaching crew will extend their tentacles a bit more to bring her back in as she made Okon's team to Canada 2015.

This Omagbemi's first stint with the Falcons and it's not up to a year just yet... I believe she'll get better and also beef up the team.

And I want the NFF to see how our girls can get to feature in the Algarve or cyprus women' international cups held annually. Haba!! We need to shape up fast after hitting La Decima come saturday.

denniece1:
We never really got to see INI umuotong play for us, she was fantastic last season (top scorer in wsl 2), and what of this charity adule.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1031) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.