Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. (1017 Views)

UK Told To Withdraw Foreign Aid From Nigeria Due To Killing Of Christians / ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) / Bishop Oyedepo On Bribery: I Will Make Sure You Lose Your Job (2) (3) (4)

7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 11, 2016
Many people say they gave their lives to Christ and all. And what happened next? was there a divine spike in you after you surrendered? and did you repent of, hate and mourn over your sins from then? Or you just modified your life?

Summarily. There are various kinds of Christians ive seen in this section.

>> The Doers They ones who give their lives to God. And start doing "good" and avoiding "bad" to please God in order to make heaven. And they believe salvation can be lost (well since they are the ones keeping themselves not God)

Seems right until you find out it is not even scriptural Lol

>> The commanders They believe they are some supernatural beings or gods who can command or claim salvation or anything they want. To them Christ has paid for everything and their part is to command it to come forth into their lives grin

Lol. The bible keeps contradicting these ones left, right, back and front. grin Actually, how the commanders survive is that they hold on to one verse of scripture that seems to agree with their preconceived knowledge of spiritual elements.

>> The positive thinkers They believe like the above two, that they can either give their lives to God or claim their salvation.
They give no room for negativities, lapses, weaknesses. They believe in "say you are strong and you are strong" "say you are a success and you are a success" They are not reality-friendly. They dont believe any evil thing that befalls unbelievers should befall them because they are special and work for it. How do they work for it?
By constantly speaking positive

Funny, because a closer look at these people reveals they have more faith in their confession than God
They are weird i tell you. Looks like they are doing the right thing afterall God's plans for them are of good and not evil. But they fail to realise that God fulfills his good plans in mysterious ways. Through many sorrows, afflictions and joy, the Christian is perfected.

>> The ecumenist They believe like the above mentioned but one distinctive xtic about them is their desire for unity of faith. They clamour for all religions or sects or denominations to come as one. They hate division of any sort, let's just be one big happy family and peace will reign

Very natural way to feel but is this right scripturally speaking? no. So if its not biblically right its not a christian thing to do. But the ecumenists will not have it, to them as long as its peace they are asking for, God will definitely not see anything wrong with it. S m h

>> The "Done" believers These ones are very interesting and may i call them, deep. Unlike the above that believe in initiating and claiming salvation, the DONE believers do not ascribe their salvation to themselves or what they do, even the tiniest part, is not their doing but God's doing.

They are all for give God all the glory since he alone has done everything. They believe Christ paid for their salvation in full and has secured it and in time will fulfill it in their individual lives. To them, salvation cannot be lost since its God keeping them.

In addition, they believe in understanding scriptures in context and wholly.

I think this group is very narrow-minded but what i dont know is if its in a good way.

>> The "grace grace" believers They are similar to the DONE believers in terms of salvation They believe too that salvation is secured, once and for all cannot be lost but where they differ is in the how salvation kicks off in an individual. Whereas, the DONE believers believe that God awakens their dead spirits and grant them faith in order to believe and be saved, the GRACE GRACE believers see faith of salvation as something every man has. Anyman can wield this faith and be saved. And after that they are saved forever.

Unlike the DONE believers who believe they are dead in Christ and Christ now lives in them bringing them to perfection. The GRACE GRACE believers believe they are now free to live their lives as they wish since all their sins have been forgiven. Some also believe they have been guranteed good health, wealth and prosperity in this world.

I've not seen the bolded anywhere in the bible. Xo xo

>> The "whatever" believers They believe whatever works for you is right.

Ooops.

Re: 7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. by RabbaRabbi: 11:06am On Oct 11, 2016
Actually i can't grasp the headway of this thread undecided

Re: 7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 11, 2016
RabbaRabbi:
GOD bless u my brother... Wait make i go buy u cold malt

Re: 7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. by RabbaRabbi: 11:29am On Oct 11, 2016
Smallville10:
GOD bless u my brother... Wait make i go buy u cold malt

waiting gringrincheesy

Re: 7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. by lecturerdabo(m): 11:31am On Oct 11, 2016
Op, ur thread amounts to moonlight tales except you add scriptural backing!!
Re: 7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 11, 2016

The 'Reformed' Christian: This is the kind of christian that claims he was once an atheist but he got hit by a transformer and saw the "light" and decided that God exists; in fact; that it's the Christian God that truly exists and talked to him and whatnot.

He then comes to NL with a firebrand message while saying that before he was evil; depraved and loved sacrifing Richard Dawkins puppets to the altar of Darwin (and what not).

I believe we all know them undecidedundecidedundecided

Re: 7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 11, 2016
SirWere:

The 'Reformed' Christian: This is the kind of christian that claims he was once an atheist but he got hit by a transformer and saw the "light" and decided that God exists; in fact; that it's the Christian God that truly exists and talked to him and whatnot.

He then comes to NL with a firebrand message while saying that before he was evil; depraved and loved sacrifing Richard Dawkins puppets to the altar of Darwin (and what not).

So what's wrong with that ? And what type are you

Re: 7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. by Captain001(m): 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
@OP, I like your topic. To which group do you belong?
Re: 7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. by Edenoscar(m): 11:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
SirWere:

one in particular posts ridiculous memes and has over 100 topics on atheism,always in a haste to condemn atheists for being in the religious section while on the other hand claiming christianity is not a religion..
Lol.. i did not mention names oo
Re: 7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2016
Edenoscar:

one in particular posts ridiculous memes and has over 100 topics on atheism,always in a haste to condemn atheists for being in the religious section while on the other hand claiming christianity is not a religion..
Lol.. i did not mention names oo

Hahahahahahaha gringringrin
Re: 7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 23, 2016
Re: 7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. by honourhim: 9:26am On Oct 23, 2016
SirWere:

No christian will claim being a former atheist if he was not. What have i to do with useless atheism? Park well biko. You are scared of the truth of their testimonies so you want to dismiss it thru this means. Wayo.

Re: 7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. by honourhim: 9:30am On Oct 23, 2016
RabbaRabbi:
[url][/url]

grin the thread no get head. It's like a headless chicken running aimlessly.
Re: 7 Types Of Christians In This Section. Make Sure You Are Not One Of The 6. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
honourhim:

No christian will claim being a former atheist if he was not. What have i to do with useless atheism? Park well biko. You are scared of the truth of their testimonies so you want to dismiss it thru this means. Wayo.

Please don't pretend like you guys are not known for cooking up elaborate stories about how depraved you are that always invariably turn out to be false.

I believe it's called "lying for Jesus."

Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? / The National Church Of Nigeria (pics) / Why Must Jesus Be Involved In Blood Sacrifice In Order To Save The World