Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Wish I Could Be Slim - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Wish I Could Be Slim (3933 Views)

Do You Want To Be Slim And Healthy ? / Wat Will I Do Be Slim And Physically Fit / Be Slim And Healthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wish I Could Be Slim by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 28, 2006
pls is there anything i can do to my weight i weigh 95kg and i am just 19 very busty i cry everyday due to this and my folk are making things worse by reminding me bout how fat i am.pls is there anything i can do to lose my weight at least to 60kg i am too lazy to exercise pls i need ur help.
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by nanah(f): 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2006
yinx007 well i feel your pains but i don't think you're ready to help yourself. First you said you're too lazy to exercise your body but do u know laziness is a huge factor when it comes to obesity. u have to find a way to exercise even if it is going up and down a flight of stairs repeatedly on a daily basis.
secondly watch what you put into your mouth cos every junk COUNTS.
As for your siblings, don't allow them to kill your confidence u have to grow thick skinned for every form of jest. I used to be very fat,one day i went to a studio to print some pictures and there was this silly guy who looked at me and said"damn you're too fat" i looked at him and said "that's no news its too stale any other thing silly" He ended up embarrassing himself and not me. but remember the fight starts with you. being fat is not a crime but being overweight is not too wise for d health. Remember you can't afford to be lazy!
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by boladonas(m): 7:08am On Feb 19, 2007
i know someone who does herbal slimming
will post her addy and numbers when i get them
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by webmoney: 9:42am On Feb 20, 2007
I know a lady by name Adenike, she can help you with a very effective and relatively affordable formula, using supplements. She helped a friend of mine to become and stay "lepa sexy"

Her number is 08033729969.
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by uchetobi(f): 4:42pm On Feb 20, 2007
Water therapy. (As in drink lots of water at regular intervals). It’l keep your belly full and keep you off eating excessively. Eat healthy. As in watch what you eat, go easy with cabs, avoid rice totally for a long while if possible. Say no to soft drinks. You can do diet coke tho! You could go on a fruit diet. As in eat more of fruits than food. Then you have to exercise. Even if it’s a little
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by mandi: 5:00am On Feb 21, 2007
Wishing to be slim is NOT going to cut it. You have to take the necessary actions to achieve your goal. Fad diets don't work, you tend to regain the weight back. Exercise (as simple as 30 minutes walk) and caloric reduction (not starvation) are proven methods to shedding weight. Have a positive outlook, believe that you can achieve it and you will!
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by WesleyanA(f): 6:02am On Feb 23, 2007
everyone's marketing their products. j/k

yinx007:
i am too lazy to exercise please i need your help.

become a vegetarian (all vegetarians i know are really skinny) and vow to never eat or taste anything that contains meat for at least 2 years.
stock your fridge with flavored water and fruits rather than junk food and juice

try to exercise though. even if it's just doing some house chores around the house or walking to places with your friends rather than taking the bus or a car
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by Seun(m): 11:14am On Feb 23, 2007
I am more concerned abou your emotional situation than your weight. Your state of mind is more important. cry
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by LondonCool(m): 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2007
Seun:

I am more concerned abou your emotional situation than your weight. Your state of mind is more important. cry

I'm lost here !!!
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by Seun(m): 10:36am On Feb 24, 2007
She said:
i cry everyday due to this
cry
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by WesleyanA(f): 11:38pm On Feb 24, 2007
instead of crying, you should probably punch whoever taunts you in their faces.
I would angry angry
crying will only make them poke fun at you. just give them that look angry

work on being healthy so that when you lose the weight, they will be embarrased for making fun of you in the first place and you can rub it on their faces.
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by Seun(m): 9:52pm On Mar 13, 2007
work on being healthy so that when you lose the weight, they will be embarrased for making fun of you in the first place
Actually, they will not be embarassed:

If you remain fat, they'll continue abusing you.
If you slim down, they'll just say "I told you so"
They'll say that their criticism has finally paid off.
They'll even expect you to say "thank you" to them.

So you just can't win, no matter what you do. Sorry. That's why I don't accept unsolicited criticism.
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by diyobdw(f): 9:09am On Mar 14, 2007
Seun is right even though it sound odd /mean.
My advice:

Yes you can try the Water therapy.You really dont need to be a vegetar'n.Forget all the "get slim fast drugs".
The key word is[b] exercise and watch the quality & size of your intake[/b]!
The more you exercise the faster you burn out.Start by walking,jogging or skipping also swim if you could.And regularly please.

Write out your plan:for workout & eating (include the size of you meals- its better to have little 4meals than 1large )
Try to get someone that can help you stick to you plan if not.,I guess you can count on your folks to remind you what you ought to be doing.

Fattening foods might be hard to drop like that. start replacing them with healthier one bit by bit.

Instead of:
- Milk and sugar in your tea. take honey and cinnamon/lemon
- Soft drinks (soda/minerals or whetherever u call them)take fresh friuts juice
- Fried rice & chicken take beans cake and barbecue fish
You get?

Most of all dont you ever cry over what people think you are or should be. What is right is by your defination dont let anyone that that right from you. So next time your folks mention it, be bold enough to tell they that "you know and would appreciate it if they do not bother saying anything about it, if they cant help you feel and weigh better. ( hit their guilt even if it sound rude- truth is bitter they say!)

I am concern about my wieght too not b'cos am overweight but because i love to be fit at all time.(it needed for some stunts i pull grin )

DIYODBW! cheesy stay fit even if fat!
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by kebab(f): 7:17pm On Mar 28, 2007
hey, you can do something about this. I am a nutritionist n i can help you out wit a friendly and workable diet and exercise plan.

your weight is 95 kg, right? i need to know what your height is so dat i can calculate your BMI and how much kg you need to lose.

that will be the first step.

i will still need to get some other data, particularly your activity level.

also send me your email address so dat i can send d diet plan to u.

n not to worry, no charges for this!
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by Seun(m): 11:57pm On Mar 29, 2007
You're not as fat as I thought. In fact, you're just chubby. You can definitely lose it in time.
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by OmoEko1(f): 12:02am On Mar 30, 2007
@the topic

U are not fat ohhhhhhh becso i check saw ur pic.

Anyway to lose those weight, run down the stepsfor 30min straight everyday.

Change your eating habits

Do sit ups and push up, morning day and night.

at least do it 4 3months straight and u will see serious changes in ur body
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by spoilt(f): 3:30pm On Mar 31, 2007
being thin will probably not make you happy either. first you have to love yourself however you look.
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by runsaway: 6:47pm On May 04, 2007
[The Diet Alternative by Diane Hampton

i feel your pain. i used the book above. In 4 months i lost all the weight i wanted, in fact i lost more than i wanted and i had fun eating ice cream and chocolate to stabilize to my present weight .

try lathana ventures in vi, lagos
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by TCUBE(m): 8:10am On May 05, 2007
I just dont know whats wrong with our ladies.I dont believe in being to fat but at the same time its craazy to be skinny or 2 skinnny.Word of advise, dont loose weight if u have big bones ok.Looose weight moderately and dont even think or imagine urself loooking like paris hilton and co.THere is a reason God created u that way. u look amazing!!!1!!, word!
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by WesleyanA(f): 4:01pm On May 05, 2007
spoilt:

being thin will probably not make you happy either. first you have to love yourself however you look.

i agree.

people will always find something to make fun of. Just love yourself is the key. your pic looks nice. you make it seem as if you're 300 pounds or something.

when i was younger, all the fat people got compliments and skinny people were made fun of. i guess things have changed a little.

but anyways, you look pretty healthy to me.
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by Raf1(f): 4:38pm On Jun 30, 2007
@ Kebab
Hey, I need a nutritionist too!
Please could
kebab:

hey, you can do something about this. I am a nutritionist n i can help you out wit a friendly and workable diet and exercise plan.

your weight is 95 kg, right? i need to know what your height is so that i can calculate your BMI and how much kg you need to lose.

that will be the first step.

i will still need to get some other data, particularly your activity level.

also send me your email address so that i can send d diet plan to u.

n not to worry, no charges for this!
I have your email addy?
thanx
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by MP007(m): 2:39am On Jul 02, 2007
DONT try 2 loose weight if u got big bones, i just look ladies that appreciate the way they loook, u have gota learn from ladies like MONIQUE and queen latifah, monique loooked awesome at the bet awards, u big and beautiful,
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by moondust(m): 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2007
dont worry sweetie there's always someone who'll love u 4 who u r. Just eat right and be happy!
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by liftedme(m): 1:57pm On Jul 20, 2007
my dear, you don't have to despair about your weight, just take some more exercise and reduce your food intake and you'll surely shed some weight.
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2007
@ kebab i donno if u wuld open dis topic again but my email addy is yinkaajani@yahoo.com.I would be expecting the diet time table. thanx
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by sweetberry(f): 8:12am On Aug 24, 2007
u look pretty but if u really wanna be slim
all you have to do is reduce the food you eat instead of eating two meats eat one, instead of using a big plate to eat use a small one, minor stuff like dat, drink lots of water, eat vegetables, exercise by going to the gym or by jogging
most importantly be patience it takes time to loss weight so don't give up and live healthy
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by mynat: 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2007
just gve me a call and i will put you tru on wat to do, i dont really have to see you.But a call will do.08033338914
Cheers.
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by camille(f): 6:40pm On Oct 30, 2007
hi kebab,pls could you send me the diet table addy is girlsosy@yahoo.com.will be most gratefull.thanks a bunch.
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by ajaofunke(f): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2007
I guess your height isnt up to 6ft, then you if not you are overweight my sister. Why cry over it all you need is eat right and exercise.

Now i know you arent lazy, all i recommend for you is atleast 30minutes for a start, my dear its actually fun, dont be demoralized, being overweight alone makes one prone to depression, and self denial, rejection, frustration.

Have been there, i almost lost my husband thank God i met this dietician that helped me, believe me vegetarian diet is the best you can adopt for yourself, thats what i do and i loose so much every month, though i briskwalk averagely 50minutes almost everyday.

Try vegetables, meatless meals, fruits, grains, carbohydrates. Make sure you dont skip breakfast, take wholegrains e.g wheat, millet, corn, guineacorn.

Forgo sugar, milk, try pureraw honey sparingly, eat beans, make soyabeans your friend, if you knnow Tofu its very good. Try all these you'll definitely loose unwanted weight and remain the delight of your partner
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by slimes(m): 3:03pm On Nov 03, 2007
Reducing sleep would also go a long way to shed weight. 15 hrs a day not only causes some level of depression, It relaxes the liver thereby causing fat to gather around the arteries.
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by pheesayor(m): 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2007
Skipping rope which most girls enjoy will help, dont feel too big cos it's works faster than you can imagine, go thru this https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-87614.0.html
Re: Wish I Could Be Slim by Seun(m): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2007
Reducing sleep would also go a long way to shed weight.
Yeah. Smart suggestion. <sarcasm> A crazy, sleep-deprived girl is better than a slightly overweight girl. </sarcasm>

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Of The World’s Biggest Human Body Parts / CORONAVIRUS: Hear What This White Man Says About Nigerians Attitudes. / How To Get A Bigger Butt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.