Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,840 members, 7,806,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report (3241 Views)

Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv / Aisha Buhari Commit Severe Grammatical Blunders In US Speech (video) / The Problem Of Nigeria Is The President-femi Aribisala On Channelstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by ITbomb(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2016
One would have been just an oversight but it was up to 4 blunders in a 4 paragraph report.

I am not saying I am a 'grammatical guru' so don't bother looking up my own writing to catch me, but I remember when we look up to BBC to learn spoken English and I presume some students would also be looking up to Channelstv today.

Here is the report titled, "NJC Holds Emergency Meeting In Abuja"

The emergency meeting of the National Judicial Council (NJC) is about now holding at the three Arm Zone of the Presidential Villa in Abuja. Journalists who had gathered early enough to cover the meeting were barred from covering the event, but an insider confirms that the meeting has begun and that the meeting is exclusively for members of the NJC.

This meeting is coming on the hills [correction = heels] of the arrest of High Court Judges over Corruption allegations. The arrest has thrown up a lot of debate from the cross session [correction = cross section] of the society.

Meanwhile the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) called it absorb [correction = absurd] and unacceptable, but the Federal Government insists that the ongoing trial of the judges alleged to be corrupt and not the entire judiciary as agued [correction = argued] by the NBA

This is perhaps the first time the Department of the State Service, (DSS) will be making such sweeping arrests and some believe that this is a high jack [correction = hijack]of the responsibilities of the Nigerian police.

Today’s meeting by the NJC is expected to make pronouncement on the position of the body regarding the arrest of the High Court judges.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/10/11/njc-holds-emergency-meeting-abuja/

Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by ITbomb(m): 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
lala
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
What do you expect? Isn't ChannelsTV run by afonjas with substandard Awolowo education? Whoever wrote that article is no different from Kemi Adeosun, who knows nothing and practically destroying our economy.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by funnynation(m): 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2016
For whom it may concern...we wey no go school how we won take correct others... That's why most of no dey bother to speak English..

Jokes loading..............
*Nairaland official comedian*
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by Chinachriss(m): 2:29pm On Oct 11, 2016
Wow! this is execrable. Who's managing that site? The copy editor needs to be questioned. Channels needs to be very meticulous cos I so much love that station and hope to work there in posterity.
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by kestolove95(m): 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
channelsTV haff join badt gang
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by somez(m): 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
No, they just employed an Nta reporter.
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef?

A proposed amendment to the existing write-up:

Re: NJC Holds Emergency Meeting In Abuja

The emergency meeting of the National Judicial Council (NJC) is about now holding at the t(T)hree Arm(s) Zone of the Presidential Villa in Abuja. Journalists who had gathered (delete early enough)early enough to cover the meeting were barred from (delete covering) covering the event, but an insider confirms(ed) that the meeting has begun and that the meeting is exclusively for members of the NJC.

This meeting is coming on the hills [correction = heels] of the arrest of High Court Judges over C (c)orruption allegations. The arrest has thrown up a lot of debate from the cross session [correction = cross section] of the society.

Meanwhile the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) called it absorb [correction = absurd] and unacceptable, but the Federal Government insists (delete s) that the ongoing trial of the judges alleged to be corrupt and not the entire judiciary as agued (argued) by the NBA

This is perhaps the first time the Department of the State Service, (DSS) will be making such sweeping arrests and some believe that this is a high jack [correction = hijack]of the responsibilities of the Nigerian police.

Today’s meeting by the NJC is expected to make pronouncement on the position of the body regarding the arrest of the High Court judges.

We would not accept these errors shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
Clinton9000:
What do you expect? Isn't ChannelsTV run by afonjas with substandard Awolowo education?
Whoever wrote that article is no different from Kemi Adeosun, who knows nothing and practically destroying our economy.
did you really have to type that??
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by Toecyn(m): 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
Clinton9000:
What do you expect? Isn't ChannelsTV run by afonjas with substandard Awolowo education? Whoever wrote that article is no different from Kemi Adeosun, who knows nothing and practically destroying our economy.

Sometimes I really wonder if some people actually think before typing at all.

3 Likes

Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by babyfaceafrica: 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
Clinton9000:
no balls

1 Like

Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by stinggy(m): 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2016
Clinton9000:
The recession is hitting hard, even some people's brains have joined grin
Get well soon bro...
May you be cured of Afonjaphobia very soon cry

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
Incredible grin
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by Chriswazo(m): 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
Lol, na so d writer wan loose Im job.
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by drss(m): 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
Clinton9000:
hahahahahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by gymer(m): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
Meanwhile the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) called it absorb [correction = absurd] and unacceptable, but the Federal Government insists that the ongoing trial of the judges alleged to be corrupt and not the entire judiciary as agued (instead of argued) by the NBA.

Maybe na Victor Ikpeba be their news editor.

4 Likes

Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by mazifrankmore: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
W
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by mazifrankmore: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
Whatever bubu touch's turns to aches.

Channel sold their professionalism to the dullard in exchange one kobo now,the have become more illiterate than the dullard.
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by BlackMbakara1(m): 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
When you rely on spell check or auto-correct if wrongly typed...
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by THUNDAR(m): 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
Wow! So this is the new method of buying cheap bags of rice in Nigeria!
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
Chinachriss:
Wow! this is execrable. Who's managing that site? The copy editor needs to be questioned. Channels needs to be very meticulous cos I so much love that station and hope to work there in posterity.
how can you work there in posterity?? or are you planning on undergoing metempsychosis? sorry, but I don't think it is feasible, except with God's preternatural and paranormal influence.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 11, 2016
ITbomb:
One would have been just an oversight but it was up to 4 blunders in a 4 paragraph report.

I am not saying I am a 'grammatical guru' so don't bother looking up my own writing to catch me, but I remember when we look up to BBC to learn spoken English and I presume some students would also be looking up to Channelstv today.

Here is the report titled, "NJC Holds Emergency Meeting In Abuja"

The emergency meeting of the National Judicial Council (NJC) is about now holding at the three Arm Zone of the Presidential Villa in Abuja. Journalists who had gathered early enough to cover the meeting were barred from covering the event, but an insider confirms that the meeting has begun and that the meeting is exclusively for members of the NJC.

This meeting is coming on the hills [correction = heels] of the arrest of High Court Judges over Corruption allegations. The arrest has thrown up a lot of debate from the cross session [correction = cross section] of the society.

Meanwhile the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) called it absorb [correction = absurd] and unacceptable, but the Federal Government insists that the ongoing trial of the judges alleged to be corrupt and not the entire judiciary as agued [correction = argued] by the NBA

My brother, no apology, blogging has killed the field of journalism. Anyone whose phone can access internet can becomes online journalist ( blogger). The mainstream journalism is dying gradually while plagiarism has becomes a norm.
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by samuelUMOH(m): 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
Clinton9000:
Don't always bring tribal sentiment to every issues .Unfortunately for you the Yoruba race is the most educated tribe in Nigeria .Mind you am nt Yoruba guy .

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 11, 2016
samuelUMOH:
Don't always bring tribal sentiment to every issues .Unfortunately for you the Yoruba race is the most educated tribe in Nigeria .Mind you am nt Yoruba guy .

Most educated according to your propaganda media.. All indexes show Igbos are the most educated ad lead by high margin in all educational examinations. Stop misleading people liar!

1 Like

Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by PureWays(m): 7:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
Clinton9000:
You type too much sh*t, man!

Your hate for yorubas shouldn't addle your brain this much.

Go get a life, man.

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by PureWays(m): 7:22pm On Oct 11, 2016
Clinton9000:

Most educated according to your propaganda media.. All indexes show Igbos are the most educated ad lead by high margin in all educational examinations. Stop misleading people liar!
"Chest beating" at its peak.

Well, I'm not surprised.

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by obaaderemi: 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
Clinton9000:

channelstv is owned by john momoh an edo guy.ur tribalism is killing u gradually.OSU

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by alezzy13: 7:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
I truly doubt if this was written by a journalist with even a simple pass in WAEC English. The errors are just too many and elementary. Most like an IT student.

The emergency meeting of the National Judicial Council (NJC) is about now holding at the three Arm Zone of the Presidential Villa in Abuja. Journalists who had gathered early enough to cover the meeting were barred from covering the event, but an insider confirms [confirmed] that the meeting has [had] begun and that the meeting [unnecessary] is exclusively for members of the NJC.

This meeting is coming on the hills [correction = heels] of the arrest of High Court Judges over Corruption allegations. The arrest has thrown up a lot of debate from the [a] cross session [correction = cross section] of the society.

Meanwhile the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) called it absorb [correction = absurd] and unacceptable, but the Federal Government insists [insisted] that [it was] the ongoing trial of the judges alleged to be corrupt and not the entire judiciary as agued [correction = argued] by the NBA

Today’s meeting by the NJC is expected to make pronouncement [will the MEETING make the pronouncment??] on the position of the body regarding the arrest of the High Court judges.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by plux4: 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
op .... why nw. with dis someone will loose his job.
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by gift01: 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
Someone just got salary deduction and possibly demotion. I trust Tony Momoh
Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
Clinton9000:

1 Like

Re: Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report by amarilo: 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2016
And they are best in Nigeria for over 10 yrs now. What a country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwakwanso, Tinubu, Fashola Among Characters In Kanu’s Story About To Shatter Nig / Buhari Was Declared Dead In My Dream – Father Mbaka / DSS Speaks On Arresting INEC ICT Staff Over Leaked Presidential Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.