Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,158 members, 7,807,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

The Oh! Moments - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Oh! Moments (974 Views)

Programmers:Your Thread Of Polls (Come and Vote Oh) / Paypal Account Urgently Needed Please For Free Oh / Pls Oh! How Do I Upload My Designed Website From My Computer To The Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Oh! Moments by toheebDOTcom(m): 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
So I have this script I had to test with PHPUnit.

I wrote the test hoping to cover every loop holes I could think of. I ran the test only for me to realise that it won't stop testing. What the hell

I removed a couple of test data and everything works fine. inserted them back and git was telling me "stop me nau"grin

I looked at my script for a loop without a break statement, there is one but I used the return statement so everything should work fine. So I taught.

Oh! I vetted out, there is no incrementor! so condition is never satisfied!

I just saw that silly mistake since morning.

Which Oh! moment makes you look silly? or you've never experience something silly as such...

Oya, confess...
Re: The Oh! Moments by Donald3d(m): 7:45pm On Oct 11, 2016
toheebDOTcom:
So I have this script I had to test with PHPUnit.

I wrote the test hoping to cover every loop holes I could think of. I ran the test only for me to realise that it won't stop testing. What the hell

I removed a couple of test data and everything works fine. inserted them back and git was telling me "stop me nau"grin

I looked at my script for a loop without a break statement, there is one but I used the return statement so everything should work fine. So I taught.

Oh! I vetted out, there is no incrementor! so condition is never satisfied!

I just saw that silly mistake since morning.

Which Oh! moment makes you look silly? or you've never experience something silly as such...

Oya, confess...
It actually happened in the early hours of today like 2am grin grin
Working on a project currently (PHP,MYSQL,BOOTSTRAP,JAVASCRIPT)
There is a section of the project that queries all users ,checks their account balance and updates it

The script is supposed to check certain conditions before updating each users account balance ,if those users dont meet that condition it skips to the next

I created two dummy/demo users in the database ,ran the code
First users account was updated
Second users account no gree update oo shocked angry
Na im i come dey look code oo undecided ,check while loop everything ,the code was perfectly ok
Ran it again first user updated ,second user still didnt update embarassed
Omo na him i turn to mumu , come they thinks say spiritual possession don dey enter code again grin grin, cos the code was perfectly ok

After like two hours of frustration looking at just approx 10-15 lines of code

I later noticed and remembered that i set the second user to oppose/disagree with the condition for update(to be sure that the condition was working fine) , that means its actually not supposed to update, and my code was working well all along !!!

Thats the most stupid i have felt in a long time after i solved a simple maths question(in sec school) for 1 week and realized that it was + and - thats was giving me problem cry cry cry cry when i dey solve complex questions in minutes grin grin grin grin
Re: The Oh! Moments by toheebDOTcom(m): 8:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
wolla!!! Donald3D
You've been looking for what wasn't lost! Shit happens like seriously grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Year To All Dah Geeks In NL / Where To Learn Web Designing / Use Hostgator Promo(coupon) Code And Enjoy 60% Discount ON NEW Hosting + Domain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.