Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Arsenal Star Ready To Leave In January - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Arsenal Star Ready To Leave In January (441 Views)

Isreal Govt. Orders Africans To Leave Within 90 Days Or Face Imprisonment / What Is That Bad Habit You Wish To Leave In 2017? / Restoration Grace Assembly Set To Host Convention In January 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Star Ready To Leave In January by 9jagift: 12:01am On Oct 12, 2016
According to the English media, Arsenal centre-back Per Mertesacker is close of leaving the Emirates Stadium in winter, as the player has dropped a massive hint that he could complete a transfer away from the North London club during January transfer window.

The 32-year-old Germany international has made 208 apps for the Gunners since the arrival from Werder Bremen back in 2011.

Despite Arsene Wenger handed Mertesacker Arsenal captain’s armband this summer, the arrival of Shkodran Mustafi has forced his compatriot to consider his future.

However, veteran World Cup champion is upbeat about his chances of working his way back into Wenger’s first-team reckoning following an injury in pre-season.

During his interview with the Kicker, Mertesacker said: ‘I know that I need to allow myself time. The more time I allow my knee, the longer I’ll be able to play football.

‘I can increase the workload already and I am no longer in pain. I believe that I can reach a level again on which I am important for the team. I have the feeling that this is not the end.

‘I look at the perspectives for me and my family, and I think that I’ll intensify those thoughts from January on. That’s also the time when you can listen to other things [offers] when your contract is expiring.’

For latest updates of all kind always visit www.9jagift.com

(1) (Reply)

Woman Discovers She’s Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years / Olamide Gets First Body Tattoo / At What Age Will You Like To Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.