Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:18 PM

Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice (33476 Views)

British Council Recruitment: Exams Officer (two Roles – Lagos & Abuja) / How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. / Is This Job Alert For Assistant Exam Officers At WAEC Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by Sutherland(m): 12:43am On Oct 13, 2016
With my experience in waec during my NYSC I think the AR is better cos staff in EO cadres also hustle to migrate to the AR cadre because of career development. In terms of pay you'll definitely live OK.
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by Mayflowa(m): 1:38am On Oct 13, 2016
lindiwey:

Speaking from experience, it's not all MDA's and parastatals that pay well..level 8 officer in my Office earns about 52k, I used that as a yardstick for WAEC's pay structure..if OP wants a good govt job he should talk of CBN, AMCON,NCC,SEC,NDIC,FIRS e.t.c na dis kind fit compete with BC

This is a WAEC international position. WAEC is not fully government owned. The pay is very good. BC exam officer is a very junior position with no growth in sight
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by lindiwey: 5:09am On Oct 13, 2016
Briteiyobo1:
you lied, stop saying what you don't know please, and don't miss lead OP

Which one is you lied? It's my opinion, you that knows it all please enlighten me, we learn everyday and I am ready to take corrections. as far as I am concerned you have not said anything. There are better ways of passing your message across.
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by lindiwey: 5:14am On Oct 13, 2016
Mayflowa:

This is a WAEC international position. WAEC is not fully government owned. The pay is very good. BC exam officer is a very junior position with no growth in sight

You are a good person. Thanks so much for clarifying my faulty opinion..na to go find WAEC job oo cool
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by livgenius: 6:03am On Oct 13, 2016
Go for the British Council position.

The conducive work environment is second to none.

BC is an international organisation with laid down policies and procedures and you can be sure you'll be promoted when due

The level of exposure you'll get is better than you'll get at waec. The job description may not seem international but you cannot work there without interactions with foreign colleagues

An indefinite contract is a permanent job. Don't be fooled by the terminology

The pay is better than waec and will only keep getting better. You will not earn more at waec than at BC

1 Like

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by dXtro: 10:02am On Oct 13, 2016
GraceAndFavour:
Please I need the advice of informed, experienced and intelligent people on this forum.

I have two job offers before me and I must make a choice between them immediately. Below is little information about the two positions.

1. EXAMINATIONS OFFICER AT BRITISH COUNCIL
This is a graduate position at the starter level of Pay Band 4 with a monthly net pay a little above N200k. The following are my points of attraction to this position:
(a) The organization has a world-class reputation
(b) The working environment is world-class and very ICT complaint.
(c) Location advantage.
(d) 13th and 14th month salaries with good pension plan.
(e) Probation period is 3 months.

Despite the above, I have some reservations which includes that the position is a junior staff position and it is an indefinite contract.

2. ASSISTANT REGISTRAR AT WAEC
This is an experienced and international position at grade level 9. The monthly net pay may be less than that of British Council above. My attractions to this position are:
(a) The reputation of the organization.
(b) The position is international and senior.
(c) The job security and the fact that it is permanent/full-time.
(d) Sure of growth and future.

But despite the above too, my reservations include that the pay may be less than that of BC and that it may not come with as much exposure as the BC.

Please, advise me on which to go for and why.
At BC you'll probably not get the little droppings some rich Nigerians pay so their dumb kids can get straight 'A's. So you might want to go with the WAEC offer! sad
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by SenatorJames(m): 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
Both are good but pray for divine guidance.
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by laudate: 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2016
busuyem:

Wow! My great friend, I salute u. Life continues with God's grace after those guys disappointed themselves. How are u doing too? I trust God for u. As regards the subject, I think the two have job security though higher status is higher in one. If the op wanna follow money, I think BC is better because they pay salaries in Dollars but he wants to follow status, then he should God for WAEC. Above all, the dude needs to pray and get the right direction from God so as to avoid being distracted by the face values of these positions. This I must say, the guy has indeed been favoured!

BC does NOT pay salaries in dollars. They pay you in local currency as long as you are a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by Akerry(m): 4:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
GraceAndFavour:
Please I need the advice of informed, experienced and intelligent people on this forum.

I have two job offers before me and I must make a choice between them immediately. Below is little information about the two positions.

1. EXAMINATIONS OFFICER AT BRITISH COUNCIL
This is a graduate position at the starter level of Pay Band 4 with a monthly net pay a little above N200k. The following are my points of attraction to this position:
(a) The organization has a world-class reputation
(b) The working environment is world-class and very ICT complaint.
(c) Location advantage.
(d) 13th and 14th month salaries with good pension plan.
(e) Probation period is 3 months.

Despite the above, I have some reservations which includes that the position is a junior staff position and it is an indefinite contract.

2. ASSISTANT REGISTRAR AT WAEC
This is an experienced and international position at grade level 9. The monthly net pay may be less than that of British Council above. My attractions to this position are:
(a) The reputation of the organization.
(b) The position is international and senior.
(c) The job security and the fact that it is permanent/full-time.
(d) Sure of growth and future.

But despite the above too, my reservations include that the pay may be less than that of BC and that it may not come with as much exposure as the BC.

Please, advise me on which to go for and why.
. I guess you have made your choice.....and I believe it is with WAEC.
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by GraceAndFavour: 10:58am On Jul 29, 2017
Akerry:
. I guess you have made your choice.....and I believe it is with WAEC.
Thanks dear.
I was with BC for a month and then moved over to WAEC. They are both great employers.

Enjoyed the one month at BC, with great exposure and enjoyed most the SMART nature of work there.

WAEC is simply a good employer, especially as a registrar cadre staff.
Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by Nigerianization(m): 11:39am On Aug 15, 2022
GraceAndFavour:

Thanks dear.
I was with BC for a month and then moved over to WAEC. They are both great employers.

Enjoyed the one month at BC, with great exposure and enjoyed most the SMART nature of work there.

WAEC is simply a good employer, especially as a registrar cadre staff.

A friend of mine has been invited for CBT as assistant registrar II.

Can you give me a hint of what he would expect? Any tip will be very much appreciated.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Exams Officer At British Council Or Assistant Registrar At WAEC? Informed Advice by GraceAndFavour: 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
Nigerianization:

A friend of mine has been invited for CBT as assistant registrar II.

Can you give me a hint of what he would expect? Any tip will be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Sorry, I couldn't respond in good time. Wishing your friend the very best in the test.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NSCDC Recruitment 2022/2023 / Bad Encounter;my Current Boss Was The HR Were I Went To For Oral Interview / Teach For Nigeria Application Now Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.