Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff (19231 Views)

Bopdaddy Challenge: Immigration Suspends Transfer Of Officers / NUPENG Suspends Strike, Work Resumes At Total Blending plant / NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by RiversWatchDog(m): 1:52pm On Oct 12, 2016
A Nigerian man named Andrew has cried out after he was suspended from his job yesterday over claims that he is gay.Andrew who has been working for over two years as a cook in a Nigerian hotel based in Port Harcourt, said that the whole thing cameas a shocking surprise to him when he was summoned to a panel by the hotel management who inquisitively pressed to know if he is a gay and suspended him over the issue.

Speaking to NoStrings, he said;“I was called into the managers officers, were they started asking me about if I have a girlfriend and how come they have never seen her visit me at work, but yet I have beenseen to have romantic conversations on the phone, I was shocked and surprised that what they were asking me about my own private life, something that had nothing to do with work
Andrew said that he became very irritated and couldn’t stomach the embarrassment and therefore unconsciously raised his voicein anger to defend himself, but this further provoked the management who said that they were suspending him for further investigations. He said; “They have given methree weeks suspension, and I am just ashamed and embarrassed. I can’t believe that an organization that I have been loyal to for two years, will do this to me.

They have even reduced my salary, and things are very difficult for me right now. So far the hotel hasplaced a notice outside its front, seeking for a cook, whether or not they are replacing Andrew NoStrings does not know yet. But Andrew said that one of the managers has called him to come for further questioning.He said; “One of my managers, who at the meeting promised to investigate the issue, called me on the phone and asked that I come to see her for talks. But since the event, I have been very ill, and could not go, I just hope that I get a new job because I can’t imagine how I would be treated if just in case my position is retained at that hotel. Butright now, I do not know if i am still suspended or sacked” He said with tears. Andrew is a professional and excellent cook with a diploma.

http://riverswatchdog..com/2016/10/port-harcourt-hotel-allegedly-suspends.html
Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by misscall247: 3:16pm On Oct 12, 2016
Why.....abi him rape director?

pls I'm not a Gay........I dnt tink is proper to sack some1 simply because he is a gay

though gayism irritates me.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by engrflames: 3:16pm On Oct 12, 2016
misscall247:
Why.....abi him rape director?

Mod a beg delete this post make I be FTC

9 Likes

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by ahamonyeka(m): 3:16pm On Oct 12, 2016
How does that affects sales?

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by Freciprocal: 3:16pm On Oct 12, 2016
Ok
Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by emeijeh(m): 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
Imagine..... Mere suspicion cost him his job.
That's so unfair.
Guy, go get a lawyer ASAP

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by Moreoffaith(m): 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
2ha................ do they have any evidence against this guy? if a lady comes visiting him at work i am so sure they will question him for that.. maybe one of management is crushing on him and he is saying no.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by Chipappii(m): 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
Bolustic:
Kullant:
grin
Moreoffaith:
2ha
Freciprocal:
Ok
Just look at them

I didn't book space. Yet I'm 7th to comment
Osinachi grin

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
grin grin grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by Jeflox: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
Very good for him
Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by Icecomrade: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
Suspected not proven!

Homophobic management, without patience to seek evidence

3 Likes

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
I was shocked and surprised that what they were asking me about my own private life, something that had nothing to do with work
If truly you are not gay, then your arrogance/naivety has just cost you your job, in this era of recession where employers are looking for every means to prune down their work force, one has to be careful.
If you truly have a girlfriend, what happened to you showing them the pictures both of you took together or AT WORSE, some of your chats, just save your job? Even if you do not have one, you've to convincingly explain to them. You got angry with your employer? Iranu!
You claim it's your private life but when you want to take absence leave to attend to some pressing family issue(s), it's no more private abi?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by madeofhuman(m): 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
"That's how it starts."
- Alfred

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by Philinho(m): 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
they just want you out......look for a better job.....though I say no to HOMO*******

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
He has done nothing wrong
I hate the way some people think
Largely influenced by religion
Even if he is actually gay, he has been doing his job with dedication for two years
Probably even better than some of the other so called religious workers

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by fawaz050(m): 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
The whole thing get K leg just like Nigeria grin

But d Management sef.Make dem kuku say recession don hit themundecided
Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by Greataausim(m): 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2016
He should be investigated, before suspending him frm the hotel..... Now, they hav added another unempolyed youths in this country.
The ways they sack people from work now with different excuses.....
God save this country.

3 Likes

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by AgentOrange: 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2016
Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by martineverest(m): 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2016
this scourge is becoming uncontrollable
Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by jejemanito: 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2016
One Of The Managers Who Happens To Be A Lady Told Him To Visit Her So She Could Question Him Privately And The Mumu Says He Couldn't Make It 'Cause He Was Sick sad

Any Legit Nigga Knows That That Line Is An Invitation To Fvvck

What Better Way To Prove You Aren't Homo? undecided

And If You Read Between The Lines, You Will Notice He Didn't Deny The Allegation Explicitly

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by OlajumokeBread(f): 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
That's how they should be treated

Those people are disgusting

Let's just make everybody in this world gay and let's see what happens to human race in the next 80 years, humanity will go into extinction

*Spits

4 Likes

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
i
Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by kman3000(m): 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
I hereby pupu on d person dat post directly below me...pum pum pum tongue angry undecided grin
Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by miqos02(m): 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
Andrew : Are you Gay or Not?

3 Likes

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by RichDad1(m): 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
14 years pere. cry

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
This government sef angry
Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by MadCow1: 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
Why didnt they burn him alive? angry

I thought we had legalized the lynching, burning and incarceration of fargots? angry angry

That Hotel should be burnt to the ground for not doing the needful to a homo. angry

Maybe the Hotel sef is a den of Homos. angry
Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by okoye66: 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
Nothing wey person no go hear again?wetin concern being GAY and him work? Abi na church get de Hotel?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
“Terror/punishment doesn't change people from gay to straight. It just hurts innocent people.”

― DaShanne Stokes

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by Audray(f): 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
Backward Country.Backward people. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 12, 2016
ehn
Re: Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff by PAIDROCKET: 3:23pm On Oct 12, 2016
Let your #1000 do Wonders for you.... JOIN THE WHATSAPP TRAIN... AND MAKE EXPERIENCE FINANCIAL BREAK FORTH....

https:///4RnQ7fDqyd92TefXc4bqhT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job / 5 Steps To Enhancing Valuable Job Connections In 2014 / Inspector Held For ‘forging’ Colleagues’ Promotion Signals (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.