Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) (5297 Views)

Have You Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Notable Miracle? / Are Atheists And Skeptics Just An Angry Bunch Or Are They Actually Realistic? / Atheists And Morality. A Question! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by EyeHateGod: 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
winner01:
Look up if you have half a brain and see who started posting memes.

Com, na ds brain you wan take compare with Bill gates?
And u that pray to ur imaginary friend and believe in Him Is better than Him How?
Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by raphieMontella: 6:23pm On Oct 12, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

OP, am I supposed to feel accomplished and revel in the achievements of these people because they are atheists? How is this different from what religious people do?
the person below you answered you perfectly bruh..
Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by raphieMontella: 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Christians Go Day Roll For Ground Now grin
lol
esp that alan turing..
Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by felixomor: 6:28pm On Oct 12, 2016
winner01:
Nice research Bro.
I can see you lumped up both agnostics and irreligious thinkers, skeptics, spinoza worshippers to your atheistic team to give a seemingly teaming set of acheivers.

Good Job, but they pale in comparison to the Number or christian acheivers talkless of other religious sects.

Like ValentineMary said, you left out Albert Einstein and many more like Einstein even though they were outspoken against atheism like Einstein grin. You left out Bill Gates too. grin

Well, Irregardless of how much you want to be many, grin I dont think these ones spent all their life on a religion section mocking and dehumanizing christians and religious people. They are not the kind of wild atheists we know today. They worked not talk.

If you and your brothers had the same mindset of these "great" people, and put it into production like they did, then Nigeria may have been sparked into considering the benefits of atheism.

Most, if not all are like Mark Zuckerberg who does not share the shitty crusading spirit of new atheists. They work for the betterment of humanity admist the growing religious population.

Ask seun, he did not get to build nairaland by fighting religious people. He worked, not talk. Even though, he has had his fill and feels he should incite young people against religion. We will see where that leads him.

Good Job again bro, but we need your hands not your mouth.

Well said.
I thought I was the only one who saw both agnostics, budhists, and irreligious gbogbue all lumped up under the umbrella "atheists".
It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by raphieMontella: 6:29pm On Oct 12, 2016
AnonyNymous:
I would say nice thread, honestly, I am tempted to. But. . . this thread doesn't serve the purpose we seek: to free people from the shackles of religion. For every Hawking there's a Newton. For every Hubble there's a Flemming. Listing all these out implies that by being an atheist, you could be like them. There are enough religious people who are/were equally intelligent. There are stupid atheists, there are stupid religious people. I'd have preferred if this thread gave an insight to things we could discover and achieve without the guilt of religion, such as stem cell research. The Republicans in Congress are voting heavily against it because they think it'll "make man too powerful, make man play god". If god didn't want that, why did he create the materials we needed for it? With stem cell research we could even do things like growing limbs back! (What 4evergod wanted to do with his telepathic invisible god grin). We could be encouraged to solve more problems instead of lazily relying on religion for answers, like we do here in Africa. That's just my own contribution to this thread, with all due respect.
thank you! I clearly understand...
Its just to show our fellow nigerians..that you dont have to be religious to ''shake the world''...
That was my intention starting this thread..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by EyeHateGod: 6:30pm On Oct 12, 2016
felixomor:

Well said.
I thought I was the only one who saw both agnostics, budhists, and irreligious gbogbue all lumped up under the umbrella "atheists".
It is well.
Point Them out And besides Buddhist is An Atheistic Religion

1 Like

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by felixomor: 6:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Point Them out And besides Buddhist is An Atheistic Religion

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by raphieMontella: 6:43pm On Oct 12, 2016
felixomor:

Well said.
It is well.
oya point out the budhists or remain silenced forever!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by felixomor: 6:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
raphieMontella:

oya point out the budhists or remain silenced forever!

"Forever" u wish.
Even tho u r writing under religion section, i dont think i will fall into that temptation.
Its ur Thread.
Enjoy cool

1 Like

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by winner01(m): 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2016
raphieMontella:

thank you!

[b]pls point out the skeptics and spinoza worshippers..
The link on ''famous skeptics'' i gave...has atheists,deists etc...thats why its stated ''skeptics'' by me..and their affiliations were stated in the site bruh..
2)the agnostics were clearly stated by me..as ironical atheists etc
Interesting.
Some are skeptics, some are ironical atheists.
I thought atheists were atheists.

I wish I had the time to remove all the non atheists from your number-desperate thread. But you can even do it your self.
Why not just post people who clearly claimed they were atheists, not deists, agnostics or anything.

raphieMontella:

oh no..they dont...
Remember atheists are just a minor sect...
Oh please, They do. We never get to hear about the useful ones untill they have acheived. Its the useless ones that scream their names. Ironic, isnt it.

raphieMontella:

bill gates is on the op.
Einstein called himself an ''agnostic'' tho admired and seem to deifynature(spinoza God)
but if i go by his words..he's an agnostic
So Bill gates is an atheist undecided Or did you lump he and his likes to your very few number of atheists undecided
Bill Gates thinks it makes sense to believe in God, do you think so too undecided There goes your IQ.
Einstein was anti-atheist. I can give you his quotes against atheism. I think you should just lump him with your atheist acheivers, since you need people who were clearly not atheists to team up against the ever countless Religious acheivements.

raphieMontella:

some were put to death for their disbeliefs...some were ridiculed that their disbelief in imaginary friends make them ''nothing'',etc
and of course some debunked religious beliefs..
Just ask me to list them..and i will(from the op)
You mean Christian scientists such as Galileo and great men like william tyndale who were murdered by the catholics because they wantes to pervert the truth undecided
Please give me a list of those who were ridiculed and murdered for their disbelief. I want to learn. A good number of people please.

raphieMontella:

of course we will..
Nigeria has been religious from
Not Nigeria dude, the world has been religious. Its how man is. Those great men you listed recognize this and do not spend their lives on God and religion like you and your pears do.

raphieMontella:

it will lead him to greater heights..
Nairaland's population is ever-growing...
And ive said this before..
Secular humanism is the deal...not atheism
Ask him to change nairaland to an atheist forum grin. I gueas not, his pocket is more important than his atheism. lol.
I see You want to side with secularism too? its okay
Agnostic
deistic
skeptics
nature worshippers
You are all welcome.
Why did you not give the list of secular humanist acheivers? Why atheism if atheism is not the deal? undecided
Do you just sway with the minority so you can be tangible in number and conspire against the truth

raphieMontella:

with time...
Remember;The hands cant work when the body is in the hospital
Those people you listed did not think this way. Their countries were deeply religious and they succeeded, you see why its an insult to compare yourselves with them undecided
raphieMontella:

baba i did...
I gave you
works of literature,poem,books,treatises inspired by their atheism...
And i can do it again..
But if you're expecting a ''painting''
you wont get one..because atheists dont have mythical beings in their disbelief...

Really undecided
You barely gave 5-6 names and say you can do it again undecided
lol
please do it again grin

raphieMontella:

in the country where he is...religion is not the way it is here..
Did he tell you this, or are you looking for a justification on your obsession with God and religion undecided

raphieMontella:

do you even know my IQ?
I dont know bruh, but its nothing compared to these people. The spent their lives on substance not lack.

3 Likes

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by AgentOfAllah: 7:16pm On Oct 12, 2016
EyeHateGod:

1) It's just To Illustrate That You Don't Need "God" or an Imaginary Friend To Accomplish anything In Life!

2)Prayer is Just Waste of Time
Then why are atheists being tagged? Do we really need such "illustrations"

1 Like

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by AgentOfAllah: 7:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
raphieMontella:

the person below you answered you perfectly bruh..
Well, then you should tag people who believe they can't accomplish things without god, not preach to the choir.

1 Like

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by raphieMontella: 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
felixomor:

"Forever" u wish.
Even tho u r writing under religion section, i dont think i will fall into that temptation.
Its ur Thread.
Enjoy cool
its not a temptation..you made a wrong claim
''by forever remain silenced'' --its on the issue u stated oo
so..since you cant point out one budhist on the post...then remain silenced on it..
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by felixomor: 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
raphieMontella:

so..since you cant point out one budhist on the post...then remain silenced on it..
Thank you

Warreva, enjoy ur new religion!
Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by raphieMontella: 8:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

Well, then you should tag people who believe they can't accomplish things without god, not preach to the choir.
the op is not really for you...
I just copied a cc from another post and laid it...
Just for you(all notified) to view the thread...
Its not supposed to make you---a decided person to feel anything...
Its majorly for the undecided...
You understand me sire?

1 Like

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by hopefulLandlord: 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
raphieMontella:

Thank you

there's no Buddhist there
Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by raphieMontella: 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
felixomor:

Warreva, enjoy ur new religion!
whats the name please?
Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by felixomor: 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2016
raphieMontella:

whats the name please?

Nairaland atheism.
Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by raphieMontella: 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

there's no Buddhist there
of course..i clearly took my time on it...
The few supposed agnostics on it sef each strongly disbelieve in religion,and strongly disbelieve in the afterlife too..(from their own words)
and make no comment of a possible belief..like einstein did(one reason i didnt add einstein)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by JackBizzle: 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2016

1 Like

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by hopefulLandlord: 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
JackBizzle:
Kingebukasblog and Winner01 after reading this thread

lmao
Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by otem4eartum: 9:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
ammyluv2002:
For God said to Moses, "I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose."

It's just hard work & God's Mercy whether they believe in Him or not #MyViewTho

They used the brain, given to them by God, neglecting the book(bible) concocted by Satan(Yahweh) and they became great like that.

Nigerians will come to that point where they will discard the book of Satan(bible) and use the brain given to them by the ALMIGHTY GOD to achieve great things.
Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by winner01(m): 9:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
felixomor:

Nairaland atheism.
The best name for it. Its like advocating for vegetarianism because you are a vegetarian.
Deluded few.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by Ranchhoddas: 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hilarious meme war @ HopefulLandlord and Winner01

1 Like

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by felixomor: 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
winner01:
The best name for it. Its like advocating for vegetarianism because you are a vegetarian.
Deluded few.

Exactly
Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by winner01(m): 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Hilarious meme war @ HopefulLandlord and Winner01
No mind am. God save am say i no get hn time grin
Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by hahn(m): 10:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
felixomor:

U r not even man enough to defend ur 'religion'
Mscheww.

Lol. I dare you to meet up and prove your imaginary friend actually exists

Time and date fam. Time and date.

There are lots of people in Igbobi you can help out smiley
Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by ifenes(m): 11:49pm On Oct 12, 2016
ammyluv2002:
For God said to Moses, "I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose."

It's just hard work & God's Mercy whether they believe in Him or not #MyViewTho

I would divorce you immediately if you were my wife and spoke like this.

2 Likes

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by felixomor: 3:53am On Oct 13, 2016
hahn:

Lol. I dare you to meet up and prove your imaginary friend actually exists

Time and date fam. Time and date.

There are lots of people in Igbobi you can help out smiley

Which imaginary? The One that keeps u on nairaland 247?
Or the one that tells u in ur mind that your Brain originated from fish by accident?
Yeah right!
Cant u see u r the one that needs to see a doctor sharply?
Its only a person who claims his brain evolved from fish brain that needs treatment more urgently than any other
cool
Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by JackBizzle: 3:58am On Oct 13, 2016
felixomor:

Which imaginary? The One that keeps u on nairaland 247?
Or the one that tells u in ur mind that your Brain originated from fish by accident?
Yeah right!
Cant u see u r the one that needs to see a doctor sharply?
Its only a person who claims his brain evolved from fish brain that needs treatment more urgently than any other
cool

So much strawmen in your comment.

Which atheist told you that his brain originated from fish by accident? Or that God keeps us on nairaland?

You accept an imaginary man in the sky that tells you to hate gays, dominate women and hate unbelievers.....and you think you are normal. You worship a God that allows children to be raped by his own ordained men- reverend fathers.

Guy, sit down and think.

1 Like

Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by felixomor: 4:00am On Oct 13, 2016
JackBizzle:

So much strawmen in your comment.

Which atheist told you that his brain originated from fish by accident? Or that God keeps us on nairaland?

You accept an imaginary man in the sky that tells you to hate gays, dominate women and hate unbelievers.....and you think you are normal. You
worship a God that allows children to be raped by his own ordained men- reverend fathers.

Guy, sit down and think.

Warrever!
Stiil better than a person who thinks his brain is a product of accidental chance.
Calls somebody Imaginary yet keeps him awake even by 4am.
Your own symptoms are many.
cool
Re: Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) by JackBizzle: 4:02am On Oct 13, 2016
felixomor:

Warrever!
Stiil better than a person who thinks his brain is a product of accidental chance.
Calls somebody Imaginary yet keeps him awake even by 4am.
Your symptoms are many.
cool

And you foolishly assume that nairaland is the only thing I am doing at 4 am?

grin grin grin

Did kingebuka teach you how to make silly assumptions?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Government Vs The Vatican On Homosexuality / Yahweh Is Still In His Spiritual Prison: The Past Is Playing Out In The Present / Atheism Is Madness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.