Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

The Diary Of The Other Woman Pt1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Diary Of The Other Woman Pt1 (650 Views)

BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe / Short Story - The Other Woman's Wedding / When The ‘other Woman’ Triumphs: A Literary Review Of Toke Makinwa’s On Becoming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Diary Of The Other Woman Pt1 by katniss(f): 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
So today, I decided to post one of my stories from my now defunct blog. This is the part one of the series. I hope u enjoy it.
The diary of the other woman.
One.
Friday, February 25, 2011.
21:56
Dear diary, my day…well I guess it turned out ok. I mean work was hectic as usual and Mrs. Nedo on my neck as usual... with her little high pitched voice she uses when she’s trying to get me to do something that isn’t exactly work related but I don’t have any choice doing because she is my boss. And the worst part is she thinks she is so… nice comparing herself with Mr. Maiza the head of heads of departments. Anyway now to the highlight of the day… Well I wouldn’t exactly call it that, since it happened in the evening.
I stopped by Tantalizers to eat because well I knew there wouldn’t be food in the house, I mean you can’t have Chioma as a roomie and still expect to have morning leftover food still in the refrigerator when you get back. So anyway, remember that office dinner I told you about, you know the one that happened about two months ago. Yes that one, well, as I was on my way out, after eating, I met this guy said his name was Tony. He didn’t actually know my name, he just recognised me from the dinner, and apparently he had been longing to meet me again. He said I was kind of busy that day (all thanks too madam high tone). Anyway we talked for a little while till I got to my bus stop, he dropped me there and mehn! Am I glad?!! I could really use the cash. So anyway and that was that. He just said “ok…so see you around”, he didn’t ask for my number which was kind of odd, plus he doesn’t exactly know where I live, but anyway…Yawns! I’ve got to sleep now had a really long day (rolling my eyes)…thank God it’s FRIDAY!!! Goodnight.

Saturday, February 26th 2011.
11:45am
So I just finished my Saturday morning chores. Nothing else to do really… well not exactly I still have to finish up my next weekend’s “Ask Amanda column”. It used to be called “talk to Nedo” but when she got promoted, the workload was too much, she barely had time. Anyways after covering for so long, the reviews were good so it became “Ask Amanda” instead. It appears there are a lot of people in this country with issues.
Here’s one
“Hey Amanda, love your column, see I have this problem… I like two guys. One is rich and responsible, he is from my tribe too (family approved) and the other is comfortable not as rich as the other guy but he is not from my tribe so not family approved, but he is the guy I really like, what should I do? I mean, they are both proposing marriage?”
Anonymous.
Well at least she has a personal life… look at me diary, I’ve not had a boyfriend since I can remember, with my parents always trying to fix me up with some guy… it’s just work, work and more work...Thank God INSIGHT is a weekly magazine. I don’t know what I’d do if I was working in a newspaper company.
You know what diary; I think I’m going to go to that wedding, you know, the one Vicky invited me to. Yeah that one that I have absolutely no idea whose wedding it is. I’ve decided to put myself out there, I mean I’m not going to find my Mister Right just sitting in this house giving anonymous lady advice on whom to marry.

12:10
Wow I really should start getting ready if I’m going to that wedding and of course call Vicky. I’m hungry! I haven’t even had breakfast. Ok! Got to go…write on you later.
23:55
Dee Dee I had a blast!!! The wedding was wonderful! I mean the reception… Rice and stew very plenty… but important of all was everything was so beautiful, the bride, the groom, the arena, I started thinking about wanting to get married myself; yeah you know how weddings are? I’m sure my mum would be glad to read that.
Also yours truly, moi, gave a few digits myself…hmm don’t you see the silver lining? I thought I saw Tony or someone that looked like him… I guess I’ve been thinking about him a lot lately that I’m beginning to see things…
My joints hurt! Really tired! After the wedding Vicky and I went on a little escapade of our own…ll I can say is I had a blast! Oh I said that already! Anyway yawns! Got to sleep now. Goodnight.

Sunday, February 27th 2011.
14:38
Just had lunch. Saw Tony in church! Yep! Turns out we go to the same church. I knew he looked kind off familiar and this time he took my number. If I had attended my usual 6:30am mass, we would have missed each other, thanks to the wedding I woke up late today and couldn’t make it.
After mass as usual, was heading straight home, when he called my name. I saw him talking to a lady; she was lobbying him to join a society in the church… St. Vincent de Paul society… they are all about helping the poor and needy. We agreed to join together, he said to his friend and I quote ‘I’m only joining if you are’ and he was talking to me! Meeting is Sunday afternoon by 2:00pm, but I took today off. Still haven’t finished my Ask Amanda column plus I would just like to rest, you know stay indoors, somehow that sounds like so much fun right now. We talked for a little while longer before we went our separate ways. Ok, have work to do. Later.

(1) (Reply)

You Have To Read This..why Clinton Lost / To those feeling sucidal / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.