Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,746 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Naija Imers Are Indeed Fanning The Flames Of Bait And Switch Marketing - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Naija Imers Are Indeed Fanning The Flames Of Bait And Switch Marketing (379 Views)

CAREER SWITCH TO IT / Never Run Out Of Bandwidth On Your Website Again - Switch Over To Unlimited / I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naija Imers Are Indeed Fanning The Flames Of Bait And Switch Marketing by Aybamdbay(m): 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2016
It’s really been a month of Sundays since I posted on this platform; and that’s on the grounds that I have been surreptitiously plugged in to the prevailing brouhaha in the Nigerian Internet marketing sphere. At that, I have well and truly learned to get a grip on myself these days and this has been the main reason I usually do my things in camera.
All the same, I believe this is the right time for me to make a redress to this unabating fuss encircling the Nigerian Internet marketing sphere.
So, let’s get down to brass tacks.
Only if you were born yesterday, I believe you must have heard through the grapevine that all online opportunities are basically bait-and-switch. You must have been told that people making money online are purely double-dealing marketers. You must have also been told not to consider making money online as an option too. I believe you must have been told also not to take what these double-dealing marketers or anyone whatsoever say as regards making money online as gospel.
Needless to say, this belief has actually increased the number of people who have completely turned a blind eye to any online opportunity or to advertisements that promise to show them the ropes of how to make money online either through blogging, freelancing, infopreneuring, forex trading, you name it. Many people don’t believe in making money online. They call it pants! For example, just tell anybody this: “Do you know you can actually make money online?” Or to even worsen the matter, you can say “Do you know you can actually make legal money online?” I can assure you that you will literally jump out of your skin at the riposte you will get. They will tell you right under your nose that you are a professionally scammer. Some will say “Oga shey I tell you say I dey look for quick money ni? Oga I beg no tell me nonsense. It’s actually your type Buhari is looking for.” You will surely be abused
Of course; I am not saying there is no scam online. There is! I just don’t believe all online opportunities are completely bait and switch.
It’s just a pity that Nigerian internet marketers are actually fanning the flames to this popular belief. Have you ever wondered why Nigerians get rejected by some foreign websites? Take for example, on Clickbank Ghanaians are accepted but Nigerians are not. Have you ever wondered why? You see, we are actually responsible for the rejections we get from these foreign sites. Nigerian bloggers post anything and everything just because they are looking for traffic.
Lately, report like “Popular internet marketer, (the internet marketer’s name) scammed … (the other internet marketer’s name) the sum of…” has been what I see virtually every day on my Facebook wall. What even gets me snaky about these reports is that, both marketers (the one who scammed his fellow marketers and the one who got scammed) are always not willing to let the cat out of the cat! We don’t know who is lying and who is saying the truth. And guess what? These foreign people are watching us. They visit our blogs. They read our blog posts. They certainly know what is going on here.

(1) (Reply)

Big Facebook Page For Swap With / Non Hosted Nigeria Adsense Account Available / WP Host Ninja Announces Black Friday Web Hosting 2016 Deals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.