Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,497 members, 7,808,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts (2346 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Wife, Modele Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary / Meet Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo & Wife, The Man Accused Of Rape By Bukola Dakolo / Daddy Freeze Wrong About Pastor Sam Adeyemi On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by RayRed16: 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
I normally laugh/smile whenever any post is made on social media regarding Pastor Biodun, and the comments that normally follow (Biodun vs Ese Walter's case).

Ese Walter accused Pastor Biodun of having extramarital affairs with her. Biodun didnt say anything about it.

Did Pastor Biodun really do it? I dont know. Maybe he did.

But then come to think of it. I've seen this Pastor Biodun. The guy is tall, very handsome and rich. Honestly for the sex scandals surrounding him to be limited to one lady, I'd score him very high in areas of self restrain n fidelity. Someone like that, gurls would definitely wanna hv affair with him, not minding he's a pastor!

Now, many Nigerians r demanding he apologises. You'd wait a very long time! If he sins, he confesses to the One who has the power to forgive him. When David sinned in the bible, he confessed to God, and he was forgiven.

But its funny how many of us who live with women who aren't our wives and have sex almost everyday are among those condemning this man. Forgetting the pastor is still flesh and blood, and is bound to make mistakes.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by hopefulLandlord: 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
OP, did you make any sense according to you?

9 Likes

Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by felixomor: 4:08am On Oct 13, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
OP, did you make any sense according to you?

He did.
cool
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by florencepoko2: 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2016
If a fine priest, tall and rich Bleep all the good sisters of his archbishopric, that's good. grin
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 13, 2016
RayRed16:

Now, many Nigerians r demanding he apologises. You'd wait a very long time! If he sins, he confesses to the One who has the power to forgive him. When David sinned in the bible, he confessed to God, and he was forgiven.

Forgetting the pastor is still flesh and blood, and is bound to make mistakes.
So tell me, does your christianity tell you to go about doing wrong and hurting people because as long as you confess to God it's alright? The people you offend can go and die for all you care. If that is what you think then, honestly, I have no words for you. May you or anyone you know never get abused by any 'man of God' maybe then you will be smiling at their sorrow because God has forgiven the offender.

2 Likes

Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by RayRed16: 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2016
TheSixthSense:

So tell me, does your christianity tell you to go about doing wrong and hurting people because as long as you confess to God it's alright? The people you offend can go and die for all you care. If that is what you think then, honestly, I have no words for you. May you or anyone you know never get abused by any 'man of God' maybe then you will be smiling at their sorrow because God has forgiven the offender.

Bros, have u never sinned? Have u never hurt ppl in ur life? Would u want the wrongs u did be treated the way u r treating this man? Ans me.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
I think it is an unchristian (at least my own chrisitianity) thought to hold when you say God has forgiven him even when he hasn't apologised and you laugh at people who demand the truth from him. Has God forgiven Rev King if he hasn't reconciled with the family of those he burnt alive? or those Kenyan pastors that do as they please and abuse their victims.

I read Ese Walter's story and if her account is true, she acted like a christian. The bible says godly sorrow brings repentance, and as such although she sinned - which is not unusual for any christian - because of her faith she couldn't live with her convicted conscience anymore to continue in sin so she approached the pastor, and another one in the church, told her friends but what did she get from supposed christians 'touch not my anointed' and death threats before she went public. That as much as I can remember.

When you sin against God, ie. without hurting anyone eg. having death wishes against your brother, you ask God for forgiveness. When you sin against man ie. you offend another, you ask the person for forgiveness and God. Now, the latter is not a must but as a christian it is the right thing to do because as long as the person holds it against you, one is just deceiving himself/herself as a christian.

What did Christ say about forgiveness?
'If another member of the church sins against you, go and point out the fault when the two of you are alone. If the member listens to you, you have regained that one. But if you are not listened to, take one or two others along with you, so that every word may be confirmed by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If the member refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if the offender refuses to listen even to the church, let such a one be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.' (Matt 18:16-17)

The point here is three times you notify the person, going subsequently with witnesses that you have been offended.

Confession
'He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy' (Prov 28:13)
'Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power to prevail' (James 5:16)

Here you can see that acknowledgement to self of transgression is not sufficient rather the next step of confessing becomes necessary. To the to the one offended and the brethren if need be. The second verse also implies that one has become unrighteous and the prayer ceases to have great power to prevail. 'If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened' (Ps 66:18)

Reconciliation
'Therefore if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift' (Matt 5:23)

'If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination' (Prov 28:9)

These imply that all the gold and silver and prayer, becomes an abomination that is unacceptable to God if his word isn't followed to set things right.
RayRed16:

Bros, have u never sinned?
Of course, I am a wretched sinner, the worst of them.
Have u never hurt ppl in ur life?
It is very difficult but that's what being a christian is about. So, yes I acknowledged and have apologised. It is left to the people to forgive me or not but I have done what is right before God and man. Thank God I didn't have weighty sins against people.
Would u want the wrongs u did be treated the way u r treating this man? Ans me.
I am not treating the man any kind of way. I only respond to your opinion about it. I'm sure Ese Walters has forgiven him, she is married now. I am only a spectator grin keeping an ear for his 'divine response' as he promised. Anyway, it's not that serious because it was not sexual abuse but a love adventure between them as told by Ese.

**And honestly, we don't need to know Scripture before we know what's right by our conscience.

3 Likes

Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by ikorodureporta: 9:43pm On Oct 13, 2016
RayRed16:
I normally laugh/smile whenever any post is made on social media regarding Pastor Biodun, and the comments that normally follow (Biodun vs Ese Walter's case).

Ese Walter accused Pastor Biodun of having extramarital affairs with her. Biodun didnt say anything about it.

But then come to think of it. I've seen this Pastor Biodun. The guy is tall, very handsome and rich. Honestly for the sex scandals surrounding him to be limited to one lady, I'd score him very high in areas of self restrain n fidelity. Someone like that, gurls would definitely wanna hv affair with him, not minding he's a pastor!

But its funny how many of us who live with women who aren't our wives and have sex almost everyday are among those condemning this man. Forgetting the pastor is still flesh and blood, and is bound to make mistakes.

minista of defense!

1 Like

Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by lastmessenger: 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2016
If he cant keep to his wife,then he has no business carrying the bible and telling people not to sin.
Common op dont sell your soul to the devil

3 Likes

Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by Pidggin(f): 12:23am On Oct 14, 2016
Who is he preaching to, if he cannot lead by example.

1 Like

Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by Tkayhandsome(m): 3:18am On Oct 14, 2016
Hmmm. The pastor like skirt too...that ESE must be really slim. The pastor love slim babes( wife done fat) kiss

1 Like

Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by RayRed16: 7:51am On Oct 14, 2016
ikorodureporta:

minista of defense!

Minister of accusation!
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by RayRed16: 7:57am On Oct 14, 2016
TheSixthSense:
I think it is an unchristian (at least my own chrisitianity) thought to hold when you say God has forgiven him even when he hasn't apologised and you laugh at people who demand the truth from him. Has God forgiven Rev King if he hasn't reconciled with the family of those he burnt alive? or those Kenyan pastors that do as they please and abuse their victims.

I read Ese Walter's story and if her account is true, she acted like a christian. The bible says godly sorrow brings repentance, and as such although she sinned - which is not unusual for any christian - because of her faith she couldn't live with her convicted conscience anymore to continue in sin so she approached the pastor, and another one in the church, told her friends but what did she get from supposed christians 'touch not my anointed' and death threats before she went public. That as much as I can remember.

When you sin against God, ie. without hurting anyone eg. having death wishes against your brother, you ask God for forgiveness. When you sin against man ie. you offend another, you ask the person for forgiveness and God. Now, the latter is not a must but as a christian it is the right thing to do because as long as the person holds it against you, one is just deceiving himself/herself as a christian.

What did Christ say about forgiveness?
'If another member of the church sins against you, go and point out the fault when the two of you are alone. If the member listens to you, you have regained that one. But if you are not listened to, take one or two others along with you, so that every word may be confirmed by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If the member refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if the offender refuses to listen even to the church, let such a one be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.' (Matt 18:16-17)

The point here is three times you notify the person, going subsequently with witnesses that you have been offended.

Confession
'He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy' (Prov 28:13)
'Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power to prevail' (James 5:16)

Here you can see that acknowledgement to self of transgression is not sufficient rather the next step of confessing becomes necessary. To the to the one offended and the brethren if need be. The second verse also implies that one has become unrighteous and the prayer ceases to have great power to prevail. 'If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened' (Ps 66:18)

Reconciliation
'Therefore if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift' (Matt 5:23)

'If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination' (Prov 28:9)

These imply that all the gold and silver and prayer, becomes an abomination that is unacceptable to God if his word isn't followed to set things right.

Of course, I am a wretched sinner, the worst of them.

It is very difficult but that's what being a christian is about. So, yes I acknowledged and have apologised. It is left to the people to forgive me or not but I have done what is right before God and man. Thank God I didn't have weighty sins against people.

I am not treating the man any kind of way. I only respond to your opinion about it. I'm sure Ese Walters has forgiven him, she is married now. I am only a spectator grin keeping an ear for his 'divine response' as he promised. Anyway, it's not that serious because it was not sexual abuse but a love adventure between them as told by Ese.

**And honestly, we don't need to know Scripture before we know what's right by our conscience.

Bros, its not as if I don't get u. Or that I'm trying to defend anyone per say. The fact is that u don't know the full story.

Consider this. Both of them had unlawful sexual affairs with convention. The pastor didn't rape her.

Ese Walters didn't go to media immediately after the incidence. So, u don't really know what transpired between the two from the time interval between the said affair and the time Ese felt to come out to the open.

U don't know if the pastor had come to his senses and decided to call it quits, before Ese did what she did (I'm not saying that's how it went down). But just understand u don't know the whole story.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by RayRed16: 7:58am On Oct 14, 2016
Pidggin:
Who is he preaching to, if he cannot lead by example.

My dear, I'm sure you've counselled younger ones against lying. And perhaps even purnish some for lying. Yet once in a while, u catch urself lying. What do u do then?
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by RayRed16: 8:04am On Oct 14, 2016
lastmessenger:
If he cant keep to his wife,then he has no business carrying the bible and telling people not to sin.
Common op dont sell your soul to the devil

Mr perfect! I'm sure you've never sinned. I'm sure you've never quarreled anyone over an offence u find urself committing sometimes (like lying etc). Have u crucified urself cos of that?

That u might not hv identified with adultery doesn't mean u don't identify with other wrongs.

Even the great apostle Paul said "that which I do not want to do, I find myself doing. And that which I want to do, I see myself not doing"..... Nobody is above mistake. That's what I'm saying.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 14, 2016
True. I don't know the whole story just Ese's version, but it seemed honest and I believed her. Her story didn't read like calumny on the pastor or his church, just a emotionally torturous personal experience. Also, in all my years, I have never seen an innocent person accused of wrong doing who remained quiet. Never. So, I don't know why you are assuming in his stead when the person accused has refused to acknowledge or admit anything. The girl was hurt, she received death threats, in fact at the point of writing she didn't care anymore if she was going to get murdered. From her account, she did everything a christian ought to do but the pastor, who is supposed to know Scripture, stayed mum.

If he has/had come to his senses, he would own up to his wife (Of course, we wouldn't know this) and church then apologise to Ese. Not for the affair, because it was mutual, but for her unfair treatment and dishonouring his position as senior pastor. It is the moral thing to do. It is what a parent would advise his/her child to do.
I once heard a testimony in church of a girl abused by a preacher for years (it may sound mutual, we usually blame the girls but the pastors go as far as telling them it is the will of God, quote scripture and threaten them with biblical curses if they leave). What saved her was NYSC call-up that took her to another state. She stopped church almost became an atheist. After about 8 years she gave her testimony, crying like a woman raped the previous day. Let me ask you, did or has God forgiven that pastor?

I think it is very insensitive for you to say that because the pastor didn't rape her all is fine. Maybe you didn't read the story. Why don't you leave the matter instead, rather than tacitly support the pastor without a testimony.
Pastors have apologised for all sorts of things, nobody leaves the churches, but only a christian who fears God would apologise.
RayRed16:

Bros, its not as if I don't get u. Or that I'm trying to defend anyone per say. The fact is that u don't know the full story.

Consider this. Both of them had unlawful sexual affairs with convention. The pastor didn't rape her.

Ese Walters didn't go to media immediately after the incidence. So, u don't really know what transpired between the two from the time interval between the said affair and the time Ese felt to come out to the open.

U don't know if the pastor had come to his senses and decided to call it quits, before Ese did what she did (I'm not saying that's how it went down). But just understand u don't know the whole story.

1 Like

Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by RayRed16: 10:27am On Oct 14, 2016
TheSixthSense:
True. I don't know the whole story just Ese's version, but it seemed honest and I believed her. Her story didn't read like calumny on the pastor or his church, just a emotionally torturous personal experience. Also, in all my years, I have never seen an innocent person accused of wrong doing who remained quiet. Never. So, I don't know why you are assuming in his stead when the person accused has refused to acknowledge or admit anything. The girl was hurt, she received death threats, in fact at the point of writing she didn't care anymore if she was going to get murdered. From her account, she did everything a christian ought to do but the pastor, who is supposed to know Scripture, stayed mum.

If he has/had come to his senses, he would own up to his wife (Of course, we wouldn't know this) and church then apologise to Ese. Not for the affair, because it was mutual, but for her unfair treatment and dishonouring his position as senior pastor. It is the moral thing to do. It is what a parent would advise his/her child to do.
I once heard a testimony in church of a girl abused by a preacher for years (it may sound mutual, we usually blame the girls but the pastors go as far as telling them it is the will of God, quote scripture and threaten them with biblical curses if they leave). What saved her was NYSC call-up that took her to another state. She stopped church almost became an atheist. After about 8 years she gave her testimony, crying like a woman raped the previous day. Let me ask you, did or has God forgiven that pastor?

I think it is very insensitive for you to say that because the pastor didn't rape her all is fine. Maybe you didn't read the story. Why don't you leave the matter instead, rather than tacitly support the pastor without a testimony.
Pastors have apologised for all sorts of things, nobody leaves the churches, but only a christian who fears God would apologise.

Bros, like I said. We don't know the full story. And im not supporting/protecting pastor biodun in any way.

My issue is why should it be that anytime anything about coza is mentioned, some ppl will refer to Ese Walter's case? What even made me make this post is that I read a post made here on nairaland about Pastor Benny Hinn coming to coza and some ppl were saying he should go and ans the Ese Walter's case. What has Benny Hinn's coming got to to with Ese Walter?

And mind u, i read the story. Ese Walters side of the story. And if you r honest enough, you'd agree that no one will judge himself wrongly while presenting a case. Ppl always tells the part the other party got wrong. As for pastor Biodun not telling the whole world his version, thats up to him as to why he reacted that way. Ppl hv different ways they deal with issues. This is someone whose child died, and the church didnt even know about it. Just a very few handful of the senior staff of the church. It was months later, during the Ese Walter's saga that the church got to know about it. Just leave the mattet alone. U dont know what fully transpired. And my point is that its high time ppl (like u also) move on with ur lives...
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by RayRed16: 10:45am On Oct 14, 2016
And for ur info, assuming everything EseEse said was actually how it happened.... Then the only person Pastor Biodun really owed any apologies is his wife! And then "his church members".

But u can see he's living very well with his wife. Doesn't that tell u she forgave him a very long time ago? And his church members r still there. Doesn't that tell you they must hv forgiven him a very long time ago? So what then is this flogging a dead horse from u and ppl like u?
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by lastmessenger: 11:05am On Oct 14, 2016
RayRed16:

Mr perfect! I'm sure you've never sinned. I'm sure you've never quarreled anyone over an offence u find urself committing sometimes (like lying etc). Have u crucified urself cos of that?

That u might not hv identified with adultery doesn't mean u don't identify with other wrongs.

Even the great apostle Paul said "that which I do not want to do, I find myself doing. And that which I want to do, I see myself not doing"..... Nobody is above mistake. That's what I'm saying.
go and sit down and stop supporting evil. I have done wrong before and may do so in future cos am human but for a man to claim to be Gods mouth piece and be telling others not to sin while he is doing same is the highest level of hypocrisy.
For christ sake the said pastor is a married man and by all means shud be contented with the wives kitten. Stop supporting evil.if he cannot be chaste,he shud drop the bible and open a club and live the live he desire to live. Not forming santimonious and be hitting on gullible cheap ladies.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by RayRed16: 11:57am On Oct 14, 2016
lastmessenger:
go and sit down and stop supporting evil. I have done wrong before and may do so in future cos am human but for a man to claim to be Gods mouth piece and be telling others not to sin while he is doing same is the highest level of hypocrisy.
For christ sake the said pastor is a married man and by all means shud be contented with the wives kitten. Stop supporting evil.if he cannot be chaste,he shud drop the bible and open a club and live the live he desire to live. Not forming santimonious and be hitting on gullible cheap ladies.

Lols. Bros. I don't know how old u r. I don't know if u r married yet and a parent or not.

So let me ask u this.... While growing up, I guess ur parents must hv taught u that lying is very bad, that u shouldn't do that. And on certain occasions, u caught them lying (maybe to a fellow adult or stuff like that). Do u now crucify them and call them irresponsible and hypocritical parents? Be honest with ur self. U r able to forgive ur parents or even urself when u do wrong. So why cant u extend same forgiveness to another person? So now, tell me the kind of man u r now. Again, be honest with urself.

And I keep on saying, pastors r not Christ/God. They r mere humans and r not immune to mistakes and sins.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by lastmessenger: 12:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
RayRed16:

Lols. Bros. I don't know how old u r. I don't know if u r married yet and a parent or not.

So let me ask u this.... While growing up, I guess ur parents must hv taught u that lying is very bad, that u shouldn't do that. And on certain occasions, u caught them lying (maybe to a fellow adult or stuff like that). Do u now crucify them and call them irresponsible and hypocritical parents? Be honest with ur self. U r able to forgive ur parents or even urself when u do wrong. So why cant u extend same forgiveness to another person? So now, tell me the kind of man u r now. Again, be honest with urself.

And I keep on saying, pastors r not Christ/God. They r mere humans and r not immune to mistakes and sins.
tell me why u are defending evil?
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by RayRed16: 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2016
lastmessenger:

I think u r really a kid. And as such, I shouldn't waste my time on u.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by lastmessenger: 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2016
RayRed16:

I think u r really a kid. And as such, I shouldn't waste my time on u.
thanks for defending evil.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by RayRed16: 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2016
lastmessenger:

Look at u. U called urself a human and as such u can do wrong. But u refused to understand that the pastor is a human too, and as such can do wrong too! What kind of person r u?

U called the pastor "God's mouth piece". Whose "mouth piece r u"? Aren't u "God's mouth piece" too? When u teach the younger ones to do good and shun evil, not minding the smallness of the audience, whose mouth piece do u think u r? Yet u expect to be forgiven when u do wrong and the pastor should never be forgiven. Doesn't that make u a wicked man? Ponder on this.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2016
I usually wouldn't respond to comments about it as it is not my business. I have stopped talking about pastors but what made me reply your post was that you laugh at people who demand or wait for his response/side of the story (at least he said he would) and as a christian you make it seem like God forgives those who have not reconciled with people, especially other christians they offend. I strongly disagree and don't believe the subliminal message your post was trying to pass that's why I asked some questions which you didn't answer.
RayRed16:

Bros, like I said. We don't know the full story. And I'm not supporting/protecting pastor biodun in any way.
That is how your post reads. Just because I may be living with a girl I am not married to, in a mutual relationship, wouldn't make me tolerate as acceptable a lecturer who uses his position to get into a sexual affair with a student who consented by virtue of his position. It is unethical and illegal in some places. There are standards to be upheld with some positions.

My issue is why should it be that anytime anything about coza is mentioned, some ppl will refer to Ese Walter's case? What even made me make this post is that I read a post made here on nairaland about Pastor Benny Hinn coming to coza and some ppl were saying he should go and ans the Ese Walter's case. What has Benny Hinn's coming got to to with Ese Walter?

I understand you. But people will always talk as long as the air hasn't been cleared and to be honest it is what many non-christians even christians know him for. That's what made me know about him and COZA. So that is the association many people have and gossip/scandal sticks for a very long time. Monica Lewinsky would always be known for her affair with Bill Clinton. There are many more examples, it is only the insiders, church members, in his case, that would know him otherwise.
I'm sure you see what is going on with the US presidential campaign with women violated by Bill Clinton, several years after it happened. Women hold on to emotional disappointments more than a man ever could and when it goes beyond disappointment the call for fair-hearing and justice lingers on.
Benny Hinn was rumoured to have affair with another preacher, he admitted it. No one talks about that anymore, why? because it was mutual and not his choir girl. There is a huge difference.
As for pastor Biodun, that's what I know him for and his non-admission or rebuttal only portrays him to be guilty as charged. But it's my opinion, it does not affect anybody. When I will be really concerned is if my daughter or female relative decides to join Pastoral Care Unit in his church.

And mind u, i read the story. Ese Walters side of the story. And if you r honest enough, you'd agree that no one will judge himself wrongly while presenting a case. Ppl always tells the part the other party got wrong. As for pastor Biodun not telling the whole world his version, thats up to him as to why he reacted that way. Ppl hv different ways they deal with issues. This is someone whose child died, and the church didnt even know about it. Just a very few handful of the senior staff of the church. It was months later, during the Ese Walter's saga that the church got to know about it. Just leave the mattet alone. U dont know what fully transpired. And my point is that its high time ppl (like u also) move on with ur lives...
True, nobody paints themselves in good light but Ese Walters didn't. Not what I read. He doesn't need to come to the press or tell the whole world, once he gives a response, if at all, people would know. It is also true that people handle matters differently, but there are biblical ways of repentance, forgiveness and reconciliation but then again, we all have different variations of christianity and some people don't use the bible as final authority.
I have left the matter since o. What is my own. I don't attend his church. Perhaps you do that's why you are sympathetic towards him and not Ese. I told you why I responded and only express my opinion about it. People will always talk. Donald Trump apologised for his statements in the recently leaked video. What if he said 'God has forgiven him so people can talk all they want and do their worst.' Is it the right thing to say or the right way to handle such situations? Chris Brown beat up Rihanna, he also apologised to Rihanna and to the public for his conduct, Rihanna forgave him and so did many others. It goes on.

My life is going on fine lol. It's your post, I sure wouldn't open one about Biodun and Ese Walters.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by RayRed16: 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2016
@Thesixthsense. What u r saying is somewhat in order too.

But let me ask u. Based on what we all know about the story, who was really the one that was hurt in the whole thing?

Don't u think that the primary person the pastor hurt and should apologise to was his wife?

And don't u think the secondary persons that was hurt would be coza members?

And as it is, we didn't hear that the wife left him or the members left.... So why r we leaving the object and chasing after the shadow?

The person that was really hurt in the whole issue is Biodun's wife. And from the look of things, she had forgiven her husband and even Ese too. And ppl r there drinking panadol on another man's headache.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
RayRed16:
And for ur info, assuming everything EseEse said was actually how it happened.... Then the only person Pastor Biodun really owed any apologies is his wife! And then "his church members"

Listen to yourself, after you would say that you are not supporting him. If it was a junior pastor that was involved in such a scandal what would the head do? Wouldn't there be some kind of disciplinary measures? Every organisation considers image as a priority and when it is under attack from a scandal, a statement is issued as soon as possible and disciplinary measures taken. Sometimes I think christians are under some kind of spell that erases all common sense. If Ese Walters was your sister is this what you would be saying? He doesn't need to apologise to her, he doesn't need to make a statement but he would invite people to his church, great! If I was a church member, I would demand it. Have you or are you out here to stop people from asking whenever they see him?

But u can see he's living very well with his wife. Doesn't that tell u she forgave him a very long time ago? And his church members r still there. Doesn't that tell you they must hv forgiven him a very long time ago? So what then is this flogging a dead horse from u and ppl like u?
Of course, they all are living very well. Ese Walters as a christian forgave him. She is married now, happily, I assume. But on his part, yes, he may have confessed to his wife and she has forgiven him, good, but has he reached out to the victim? she is a child of God and her forgiving him may just be in accordance to this verse Scripture: If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; For you will heap burning coals on his head, And the LORD will reward you. (Prov 25:22) So, don't be so quick to conclude and I'll advise you to leave the matter alone. Don't respond to people's comment talking about him, trying to justify what you don't know about with assumptions that he has apologised and he has been forgiven. Assumption is the least level of knowledge, don't use that to justify wrong or right. Simply ignore them.

I also don't know the full story, but all my judgement is from Ese's version of the story.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by RayRed16: 12:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
TheSixthSense:

Listen to yourself, after you would say that you are not supporting him. If it was a junior pastor that was involved in such a scandal what would the head do? Wouldn't there be some kind of disciplinary measures? Every organisation considers image as a priority and when it is under attack from a scandal, a statement is issued as soon as possible and disciplinary measures taken. Sometimes I think christians are under some kind of spell that erases all common sense. If Ese Walters was your sister is this what you would be saying? He doesn't need to apologise to her, he doesn't need to make a statement but he would invite people to his church, great! If I was a church member, I would demand it. Have you or are you out here to stop people from asking whenever they see him?

Of course, they all are living very well. Ese Walters as a christian forgave him. She is married now, happily, I assume. But on his part, yes, he may have confessed to his wife and she has forgiven him, good, but has he reached out to the victim? she is a child of God and her forgiving him may just be in accordance to this verse Scripture: If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; For you will heap burning coals on his head, And the LORD will reward you. (Prov 25:22) So, don't be so quick to conclude and I'll advise you to leave the matter alone. Don't respond to people's comment talking about him, trying to justify what you don't know about with assumptions that he has apologised and he has been forgiven. Assumption is the least level of knowledge, don't use that to justify wrong or right. Simply ignore them.

I also don't know the full story, but all my judgement is from Ese's version of the story.

Well, from what I could gather from all u hv said so far, you've already judged and condemned Biodun over and over again. Calling Ese the victim. Forgetting that many women suduce their pastors and not the other way round.

I think it would be best for me to leave u to hang unto ur opinion and hate. Have a nice day. Bye.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by Topgainer: 1:11pm On Oct 14, 2016
Op, this is how some of you will be promoting and exalting men who ordinarily should be seated in the floor learning virtues. One of the things any genuine Shepherd should be worried about and guard against is putting himself in a compromised situation such that the converts will begin to question the righteousness and holy living espoused in Christianity.
The Hybrid (half Monster and half Christian) teach grace wrongly as the license to do as one pleases. They teach the skimpy dressed ladies among them special graces with pants down, administer oath of secrecy and threaten them with touch not, talk not and suggest not about the anointed, you die.

Bishop Wale Oke, came out few years ago to confess publicly about his escapades with his church secretary many years before then, he may have prayed to God for forgiveness and kept it to himself, of course, nobody knew and the loyal lady kept her mouth shut. She has not come out deny it.
Why is it important for the Pastor? He is a leader of a group of people, a mentor to many, should be a Disciplinarian who himself is disciplined, a marriage counselor, a teacher of righteousness, one whose standings in the society should be above average in terms of self restraint.

RayRed16
Pastor Abiodun has been what he is, Ese Walter is not the first and will not be the last. Till we get the robust reply nothing has changed.

What amazes me is that adults seat down for hours they should have used to do something more meaningful with their lifes listening to folks like Pastor Abiodun entertain and dash him money in return. The spell and hypnosis art is one wonderful thing to even imagine that most of the youths funding Abiodun's flamboyant lifestyle have aged parents at the villages living on borrowed money.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by Seun(m): 1:14pm On Oct 14, 2016
RayRed16:
A mistake is if you're having a shower in your private closet and a nude lady suddenly appears and you fall into her, joystick first, out of shock.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2016
RayRed16:
@Thesixthsense. What u r saying is somewhat in order too.
But let me ask u. Based on what we all know about the story, who was really the one that was hurt in the whole thing?
His wife would be the main person hurt only if he admits that he had an affair with Ese. I assume he didn't admit to that and that the wife believed that Ese was sent by the devil to bring down his ministry.
Don't u think that the primary person the pastor hurt and should apologise to was his wife?
Yes, If he admits that it is true and confesses to her. He may have done that, who knows? but there is another person hurt here.
And don't u think the secondary persons that was hurt would be coza members?
No, Ese Walters. The church members shouldn't be hurt in my opinion they should seek reconciliation and restoration.
And as it is, we didn't hear that the wife left him or the members left.... So why r we leaving the object and chasing after the shadow?
Another hasty conclusion from faulty assumptions. Ese Walters isn't a/the shadow in the whole scandal. You assume again that because the wife didn't leave him that she has forgiven him but here is a more plausible assumption: He never admitted to anything to his wife and she believed him, hence, the wife, him and the church portray Ese Walters as the villain and devil's incarnate to destroy their ministry.
Only a handful of non-members will go with your assumption. Hope, you can now see why people always talk about it and why a statement was necessary. If you didn't know, he became even more popular from the scandal. There is nothing like bad press' they say.

It is a church, so people will always go regardless of their pastor's offences as we see everyday in the media. If it was an organisation that cared about quality of service or product to their loyal customers, they would do all what I have said.

The person that was really hurt in the whole issue is Biodun's wife. And from the look of things, she had forgiven her husband and even Ese too. And ppl r there drinking panadol on another man's headache.
You are being sympathetic towards him but what is unusual is that you feel that way because of your assumptions and nothing else while almost completely disregarding the account of Ese Walters. Like I said, as long as the assumptions remain, people will always talk, don't try to stop them, it is not your responsibility. Let it be, just don't assume for God and His forgiveness, that's why I commented in the first place.
Re: About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts by Topgainer: 1:33pm On Oct 14, 2016
RayRed16:

judged and condemned Biodun over and over again. Calling Ese the victim. Forgetting that many women suduce their pastors and not the other way round.

Is he a high court judge or magistrate? What was the sentence He only aired his view the same way you expressed yours. Stop learning the expressions of folks like Biodun 'speak about me, judge me, condemn me' it serves their purpose.
Woman seducing man or man seducing woman does not matter. The important thing is that genuine pastors ensure they live above par in righteousness and Holiness such that the followers will desire to be like them in such matters. Let me add that the Hybrid Pastors prescribe that their followers desire Porsche cars, designer clothing, body creams and perfumes, relaxer hair creams for men all polished with some misinterpreted verses on prosperity

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The History Of The Early Church: Why Religion And Politics Dont Mix / Nature Of Satan And Jesus Went To 'HELL'? / Problems With The Theory Of Evolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.