Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. (3264 Views)

Job Hunting Strategy / How I Got 3 Job Offers At The Same Time! (Job Hunting Tips You Need To Know) / Facts To Remember While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 8:52pm On Oct 12, 2016
Starting from yesterday (tuesday) ...i waka for port harcourt no be small. Since i couldn't get employment since 2013 i had to change direction, i intend to either volunteer to gain cooperate experience or learn a skill trade.
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 8:56pm On Oct 12, 2016
i preferred the health and automobile sector, less than 2 weeks ago i tried coscharis i was told they only train people in lagos....automobile repairs here is on a classic level...i still submitted my application no call till date
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 9:02pm On Oct 12, 2016
yesterday i visited 6 pharmacy/drug store outlet....5 out of 6 said no
few amongst them were...
Greenband
wilson and the one few shops after wilson pharmacy @ rumuokoro
i also visited bills pharmacy @ rumuokwuta...one beside NCC yard...forgot the name. the last i visited was close to my hood @ rumuagholu...they said someone has applied already...
I went home from there
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 9:09pm On Oct 12, 2016
after numerous calls yesterday to automobile workshops whose directory i got online... A nairalander inclusive ,he his a friend of Gazzuz...chuxxy something is his NL i.d...he said they dont train for now as they just moved to a new location

today...
I visited Seike automobile workshop opposite steel village along obigbo...he directed me to Elizade @ trans amadi...
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2016
@ Elizade i asked i need to see the workshop manager but the CSO informed me that i had to go to lagos ...that even if i would be trained that the order/approval had to come from lagos..
From Elizade i trekked to stallion motors i was directed to the honda place @ olu obasanjo road @ waterlines.. Along the way i came across Mandilas but money don dey finish i didnt drop @ mandilas but moved straight ahead to the Honda place.
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 9:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
got to the honda place... Had to battle the security. When he didnt allow me in..i called the number on their directory which i called earlier yesterday evening.
She came out and got me in..a man on my behalf went to speak with their boss...na yoruba man self he said there is no Intern position presently that its filled up...its from the Honda place that they do transfer interns to stallion motors workshop.
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 9:30pm On Oct 12, 2016
a honda place staff got my phone number down. i was tired,hungry and thirsty mean while i also called mr tunde babalola the manager of R.T briscoe here in port harcourt...he said economy reccession stalled sales and servicing operation which is why he cant take me in now. I just enter airforce...then down to rupokwu...on my way i saw autokinetics..i alighted from the cab...they do train people but i laughed on sighting the requirements on the form i was given. It was listed as if i wanted to pay a bride price ..one bottle of dry gin,one crate of malt and st'remy was also included....9ja nawa oh
duration of training is 3years ...in addition to another 12months i would use to serve the Oga
thats 4 good years
Mehn i wan collapse...when i added 4 years to my age..na 28/29 be that. I just took the form and dragged my feet out, stopped a cab going to rupokwu
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 9:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
got down @ happy bite..went into the pharmacy store in the mall..after series of waiting and talking with the Oga..he said his store is stuffy that he cant afford to take in more people now. I then crossed to the other side of the road and entered keke to my abode.
The End!
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 9:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
may God help us all 9ja no easy @ all.
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by modsRbastard: 11:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
Mehn...that's some serious shii there bro. I admire your courage and taking the bull by the horn. There are little or no work anywhere... Believe me, it's been a Lil over a year since nysc and no job yet. But I'm going to hand you a trick...i apply to prospective jobs in different states I know I can cope or make it to the interview i:e I have a CV with a port Harcourt address and another for lagos where I am, this way your odds are higher.

I've been thinking the better way to go is to be an entrepreneur. I understand it's hard to be an entrepreneur considering the capital factor but did you know a bottle of palm oil is sold for #500 now in the market!... Check out this breakdown.

Palm oil is cheapest during Easter, this past Easter it was sold in my hometown for #7k and now it's sold in the market for 14k.

If I have 1.5m for this business, it will go like this :

Buy 200 20lr kegs, each at #300, therefore

200 X #300= #60,000

Cost of purchase at Easter #7,000

#7,000 × 200 = #1,400,000

Your total expenditure is now #1.460 000 and you have a balance of #40,000 which will go into transportation, man power and other logistics. You store them up until times like this that It's scarce, remember the market value now is #14k per 20lr. Let's do the estimate..

200 x #14,000 = #2,800,000

subtract your capital

#2,800,000 - #1,500,000 = #1,300,000

Isn't this cool money! And you may sell it even higher cos the price is still jumping. In less 8months you've made almost double of your capital. Even if you're not going to make that much profit... You can't make nothing less than #1million in profit.

I'm in your shoes OP and I'm thinking about looking inward.
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 6:00am On Oct 13, 2016
modsRbastard:
Mehn...that's some serious shii there bro. I admire your courage and taking the bull by the horn. There are little or no work anywhere... Believe me, it's been a Lil over a year since nysc and no job yet. But I'm going to hand you a trick...i apply to prospective jobs in different states I know I can cope or make it to the interview i:e I have a CV with a port Harcourt address and another for lagos where I am, this way your odds are higher.

I've been thinking the better way to go is to be an entrepreneur. I understand it's hard to be an entrepreneur considering the capital factor but did you know a bottle of palm oil is sold for #500 now in the market!... Check out this breakdown.

Palm oil is cheapest during Easter, this past Easter it was sold in my hometown for #7k and now it's sold in the market for 14k.

If I have 1.5m for this business, it will go like this :

Buy 200 20lr kegs, each at #300, therefore

200 X #300= #60,000

Cost of purchase at Easter #7,000

#7,000 × 200 = #1,400,000

Your total expenditure is now #1.460 000 and you have a balance of #40,000 which will go into transportation, man power and other logistics. You store them up until times like this that It's scarce, remember the market value now is #14k per 20lr. Let's do the estimate..

200 x #14,000 = #2,800,000

subtract your capital

#2,800,000 - #1,500,000 = #1,300,000

Isn't this cool money! And you may sell it even higher cos the price is still jumping. In less 8months you've made almost double of your capital. Even if you're not going to make that much profit... You can't make nothing less than #1million in profit.

I'm in your shoes OP and I'm thinking about looking inward.

funny enough am aware of this venture,i also have a farm on the side back in my home town also but i am tired of being idle which is why i am trying to get engaged with something such as learn a trade since i cant get a job, but i want to ensure its done in a reputable firm coz who knows one might be retained.
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by modsRbastard: 7:56am On Oct 13, 2016
alien1:

funny enough am aware of this venture,i also have a farm on the side back in my home town also but i am tired of being idle which is why i am trying to get engaged with something such as learn a trade since i cant get a job, but i want to ensure its done in a reputable firm coz who knows one might be retained.

Cool then, what did you plant on your farm?

Meanwhile, Na when you serve finish you go no say all that "what are you studying?... Just finish nysc and let me know" are jokes angry .

Maybe your destiny is never to work under someone, rather, be the shot caller. Why don't you go big on the farming thing, map out your own strategy. I have one already, my money are in Tbills now, my maturity is before Easter and by then oil will be ready again so... I make passive income while I do nothing and before you know it you may see something viable to invest. Next you know , you're busy round the clock.
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 8:51am On Oct 13, 2016
modsRbastard:

Cool then, what did you plant on your farm?

Meanwhile, Na when you serve finish you go no say all that "what are you studying?... Just finish nysc and let me know" are jokes angry .

Maybe your destiny is never to work under someone, rather, be the shot caller. Why don't you go big on the farming thing, map out your own strategy. I have one already, my money are in Tbills now, my maturity is before Easter and by then oil will be ready again so... I make passive income while I do nothing and before you know it you may see something viable to invest. Next you know , you're busy round the clock.

irvingia gabonensis
am trying to raise cash...na cash they hold me.
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 11:29pm On Oct 14, 2016
called an uncle of mine who lives @ odili road yesterday (thursday) that i intend to move in for a week or two so as to enable me move around since its closer to trans amadi...
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 11:33pm On Oct 14, 2016
moved in today friday
but before i left rumuagholu i visited a cyber cafe @ rumuokoro round about did copies of my cv and i also drafted @ internship letter, bought envelopes also. Then i proceeded to peter odili road.
So help me God,am tired of being idle and jobless.
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 8:30pm On Oct 21, 2016
not a bad week so far, i paid a top security service company in Ph a visit on monday, after my enquiry i went there on tuesday again and i other fellow guys got interviewed/screened, bought employment form and started attending training class
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2016
started the filling of forms, looked for 2 guarantors and gathered the neccessary documents, thus i didnt attend training class on wednesday.
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 8:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
Got to training class yesterday and did a checklist of all requirements and i still need a hand written application with photographs...immediately after class by 4pm took a cab from rumuomasi to slaughter, then to peter odili....i want to finally become a security guard.
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 8:51pm On Oct 21, 2016
2 uncle's of mine disagreed another refused to be my guarantor, that i should learn barbing instead...i didnt yield to their suggestion but within me i was troubled so after class a guy just joined me for a little walk till we got to our various car park as we are both headed for different destination, he said 3 of his elder bro who were graduates with no jobs, one amongst them even studied engineering he said they got to where they are today through a security guard job... How?
He said after training the security firm posted them to various banks branches and from there they got in talks with the branch boss and on realizing that thet where graduates...with time there was a vacant position and @ different point in time they all got in 2 amongst them got a job with fidelity bank and the other with stanbic bank...i forgot the 3rd one but for sure he got the job and as of today they made it big.
A guy also got posted to Spar here in Ph after training and the management fixed him up with a better job there on getting to know he his a graduate also.
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 8:57pm On Oct 21, 2016
today was great, a guy beside me pushed me to go ahead and submit my file and i got there i was told by the lady to come back later which i did and when the lady received my file and saw my credentials....she was like you are learned? Which i answered in affirmative and she asked if i have an extra copy of my Cv in an envelope which i said yes...
Then she said i should go get it and address it to the HR which i did and promised to submit on my behalf should any in house vacancy came up.
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 9:05pm On Oct 21, 2016
i even heard security guards works offshore also...ehn ehn
well, i went this route because i noticed i get turned back or preached to when i go knocking on gate of companies here in ph... So i decided to become a guard via this route i can get a good job offer by showcasing my abilities and skills because all i need is just a chance...the little last job i did which i left because of relocation it was hard for my boss to let go.
She had to call me back on my way out of her office, prayed for me gave me t.fare and paid me in full when i didnt do a full month job. She was shocked i could do a 15k job diligently and was shocked when she learnt i was a graduate.
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 9:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
the guy beside me in class today finished from uniport...he studied gas engineering, finished with 2.1 he was also posted here with me @ pabod he his trying to get his way in with krones a german firm.a white guy got his details already as they have an upcoming project...i was shocked but we are ready to start from the bottom.
A new ray of hope i see.....
More than 6 guards has gotten jobs with this coys
we have
B. Vita construction.
Task
Excel
hurlag
Emtech
Krones...to mention but a few.
We all are moving to a new location for a green field project come early next year.

2 Likes

Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
halogen security firm finally offered me a job today...
It was indeed Gods grace and miracle as today was my 6th day of training @ their academy. I was deployed to Pabod brewery and as a graduate i intend to use this security operative job as a ladder via networking to get to work for Pabod brewery someday soon. I am to resume morning duty tomorrow, according to my findings the pay isnt huge less than 24k but its better than sitting idle.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 10:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
i thank God for his grace because being idle is dangerous and i guess my active participation in class was a contributing factor and my instructor (mr mfon nkan)@ the training academy was also helpful.
Never despise your days of little beginnings.

2 Likes

Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
On the career front there are nice developments as well...
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2016
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by amicable09(f): 8:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
How far alien1?
Are you still a security guard with Halogen?
Have you been able to submit your CV or gotten a contact inside?

It's my first time seeing this kind of zeal honestly. I pray you get what you are earnestly looking for soonest.

2 Likes

Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 7:38am On Nov 20, 2016
amicable09:
How far alien1?
Are you still a security guard with Halogen?
Have you been able to submit your CV or gotten a contact inside?

It's my first time seeing this kind of zeal honestly. I pray you get what you are earnestly looking for soonest.
in all honesty i am still one of the halogen guards @ pabod and in fact i got a bigger and better job offer with an engineering firm based in lagos via the md whose firm is one of the contractors of the expansion of pabod brewery plant project i would have even resumed now but they have less than a month to round up here, so i am to resume @ their next project site come feb 2017.
Yes i submitted my Cv here already @ the HR department the same week i resumed work here but am not counting on it...dont wanna put all my eggs in one basket
Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by alien1: 7:40am On Nov 20, 2016
@ amicable09...this all happened less than a month working as a guard..am so grateful to God. I want to start the job first before i testify on how i got the job here on NL. If you dont get out there you would never discover what you are capable of achieving.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by Elthugnificent(m): 11:50am On Nov 20, 2016
Wow! A very interesting read, your persistent and zeal is just something else.
Wish you all the best, keep the fire burning hombre.

1 Like

Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by amicable09(f): 11:52am On Nov 20, 2016
alien1:

in all honesty i am still one of the halogen guards @ pabod and in fact i got a bigger and better job offer with an engineering firm based in lagos via the md whose firm is one of the contractors of the expansion of pabod brewery plant project i would have even resumed now but they have less than a month to round up here, so i am to resume @ their next project site come feb 2017.
Yes i submitted my Cv here already @ the HR department the same week i resumed work here but am not counting on it...dont wanna put all my eggs in one basket
This is great news and I'm happy for you cheesy cheesy cheesy

At least after all the suffer head there is joy now.
Be diligent with this little until Feb 2017.
All the best in your career!
Cheers

1 Like

Re: 9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. by amicable09(f): 11:57am On Nov 20, 2016
alien1:
@ amicable09...this all happened less than a month working as a guard..am so grateful to God. I want to start the job first before i testify on how i got the job here on NL. If you dont get out there you would never discover what you are capable of achieving.
Indeed!
Every success recorded is everlasting and all the Glory goes to God.

We'll be here to rejoice with you come 2017 as God keeps us.
All the best!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Banks Especially Access Bank Opens On Saturday / Make 50k Extra Every Month / Public Sector Vs Private Sector: Which One Is Better To Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.