Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

My Poems : Any Reviews? - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / My Poems : Any Reviews? (1785 Views)

My poems / My Poems...My world... / Original Love Poems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 3:25pm On Dec 28, 2006
THREE YEARS ON ,

Three years on and I still feel it,
The words come back in a piece and bit,
My heart’s still hollow and
Deeps run shallow,
All the way down to the marrow,
Eternally, tis’ now like a vice,
For thine memories still locks me in a vise …
Rains have come,
And storms long gone,
Thought I’d seen it all,
Standing strong and tall,
Seein’ out the darkness of the nightfall,
Heard the healing balm of Venus’ call,
Above the dirge of your pall,
But three years on and I still feel bit
Like I’ve only just been hit …
You still stop my heartbeat,
Make my pulse rise and heat,
Still sweep me off my feet …
Three years on and you still fill my every thoughts’
And like t’was on that cold, cold night,
I still feel the hurt …

Always wish for you …

The moon is here again,
With that silvery glow of endless July,
She washes every in her path,
Lights casting mystic circles of radiance on lakes and seas,
As blue as a dreams nested with specks of reflections,
Waters sleeping under a hazy sky,
Gray and blue all at once …
On a distant hill loons cry,
Sharp shrills breaking into the still air,
Their voices like loss,
Faintly I see the outlines,
Venus in the darkening sky,
Star light … star bright,
Wish I may … wish I might,
In these dreams,
I always wish for you …

Cry …

You’re hurt and banking it all inside,
Locking all the emotion in that lil' purple chest within,
But someday,
It'll explode,
Crack open and spew forth its contents like volcanic cones,
The banks will overflow and you’ll cry …
Ooh … how you’ll cry!
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by hola2ng(m): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2006
Intense.
Brilliant depth of imagination.
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by odada(m): 12:38pm On Jan 09, 2007
hmnn what can i say,its brilliant i like the idea, the way u constructed the headers and leading us into ur world, three years on!always wish for u !and cry!rock on bro,bigup wink
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by iice(f): 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2007
always wish for you is my fav
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 3:58pm On Jun 14, 2007
& its dedicated to da IICiest ! wink wink grin
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by iice(f): 5:30am On Jun 15, 2007
Oh Ok! thanks o! grin
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 11:38am On Jun 28, 2007
@ iicey,

never figured you'd be into poetry!
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by iice(f): 3:18am On Jun 29, 2007
Indeeded why would you think so? tongue

My favorite thou are those brimming with depression and sadness grin

Not really into all that roses are red, violets are blue. . . . cheesy
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 12:07pm On Jun 29, 2007
iice:

Indeeded why would you think so? tongue

Poetry ain't particularly the average-individual-on-the-street zone; i mean there are lots of other stuff people would rather put there heads into !

iice:

My favorite thou are those brimming with depression and sadness grin
Not really into all that roses are red, violets are blue. . . . cheesy

I dig --- i k'inda like 'em too; much more realistic in a whole l'otta ways !
had a bad experience in the past with romance or something nawtty, nosy, RuuDie grin wink wink

don't see any poems of yours around --- do you write ?
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by iice(f): 2:15pm On Jun 29, 2007
RuuDie:

Poetry ain't particularly the average-individual-on-the-street zone; i mean there are lots of other stuff people would rather put there heads into !

True, i wasn't into it when i was younger. . .the love came slowly grin

RuuDie:

I dig --- i k'inda like 'em too; much more realistic in a whole l'otta ways !
had a bad experience in the past with romance or something nawtty, nosy, RuuDie grin wink wink

Yup, i agree with the realistic thing. . .just kind of fascinating the anger, pain, nostalgia, the sorrow grin

Nah have never had a bad experience with romance lol, it just the depth range of the human emotions that i find captivating

I write some but more like doodling grin Haven't had time to polish that art and usually it hits me at odd times, i just write something down and then put it somewhere. . .and eventually forget about where i put them. . . grin grin
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2007
still upset would love to see some of the stuff you've written bet they'd sound weird !
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by iice(f): 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2007
upset? Oh on the Romance Section?

I guess you really are a poet. . .sensibilities and emotions grin You shouldn't be you know. . .or maybe you can use that emotion to pen up something for us cheesy

Hah! weird is definitely part of it grin
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2007
iice:

upset? Oh on the Romance Section?
I guess you really are a poet. . .sensibilities and emotions grin You shouldn't be you know. . .or maybe you can use that emotion to pen up something for us cheesy

making fun of me getting my 2nd person upset ain't good for ur health oh angry grin

iice:

Hah! weird is definitely part of it grin

so when are g'onna post one of 'em i w'anna see 4 myself !
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by iice(f): 3:43am On Jul 01, 2007
Ah ah lol! 2nd person huh? Am intrigued tongue

Ehh iice does not post things like that grin
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by nuggard(m): 3:54am On Jul 01, 2007
sounds like the draft of "my life as a shit head"
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2007
iice:

Ah ah lol! 2nd person huh? Am intrigued tongue

got different persona for the different scenerios or so i'm made to believe grin

iice:

Ehh iice does not post things like that grin

I'll try my darnest to make u - okay howz 'bout u send 1 of 'em 2 me !
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by iice(f): 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2007
Do tell cheesy

Ahahahaha try oh. . .do try! Bumped into a brick wall lately? grin grin
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2007
iice:

Do tell cheesy

always suffer from these crazy-ass bouts of mood-swings that you'd almost think you was dealing with different peeps and i really do feel different when this happens like i'm me but yet someone else - like being on the outside and looking in at yourself !

iice:

Ahahahaha try oh. . .do try! Bumped into a brick wall lately? grin grin

i'm pretty used to being brick-walled c'os i'm k'inda like a master of the art me'self but i just w'anna see what you've written and i get this feeling i won't be brick-walled here !
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by iice(f): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2007
RuuDie:

always suffer from these crazy-ass bouts of mood-swings that you'd almost think you was dealing with different peeps and i really do feel different when this happens like i'm me but yet someone else - like being on the outside and looking in at yourself !

Very interesting. . .i have bouts of mood swings too. . .my ex used to say 'Your brain don dey torch again eh' grin grin

RuuDie:

i'm pretty used to being brick-walled c'os i'm k'inda like a master of the art me'self but i just w'anna see what you've written and i get this feeling i won't be brick-walled here !

Ahhhhhh. . .that feeling eh. . .do re-evaluate it grin My writings are pretty much for me tongue grin There was this one time, i was in a 'zone'- lets say grin grin Wrote like pages of stuffs. . .my ex collected it. . .still with him i guess
The other stuffs i wrote, they are somewhere in my room. . .but nahhhh they are just random thoughts
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2007
iice:

Very interesting. . .i have bouts of mood swings too. . .my ex used to say 'Your brain don dey torch again eh' grin grin

know the feeling oh . . . my own, everybody go jus leave me waka or me myself go lock myself out ! it's really embarassing when i'm in a jolly bunch and all of a sudden, i just switch off - so embarassing c'os i can't explain myself. a lot of people have labelled me "snob" c'os of this !

iice:

Ahhhhhh. . .that feeling eh. . .do re-evaluate it grin  My writings are pretty much for me tongue grin There was this one time, i was in a 'zone'- lets say grin grin Wrote like pages of stuffs. . .my ex collected it. . .still with him i guess
The other stuffs i wrote, they are somewhere in my room. . .but nahhhh they are just random thoughts

but you do get the urge to show 'em to some1 once in a while, don't you ?
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by iice(f): 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2007
Hah! My friends know i can be torching @ any moment grin grin They are usually sweet and irritating. . .sweet as in trying to understand whats up and trying to draw me out. . .irritating that they wont bloody leave me to enjoy the mood grin grin

No i don't get that urge. . .like i don't get the urge to reveal stuffs grin grin
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2007
iice:

No i don't get that urge. . .like i don't get the urge to reveal stuffs grin grin

now you're sounding like a martian - everybody's got privates and every now and then they just let out a peek. besides, its not g'onna come back to haunt you in anyway . . . . for all we know beyond this forum, there ain't g'onna be any form of contact!
i'm just being the poet here not a pirate!
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by iice(f): 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2007
Oh you never knew i was from Pluto by way of Saturn? grin grin Yes o, i don't get the urge to reveal stuffs. . .you wouldn't even believe how much i reveal to most people grin grin

Eyah, i applaud you for trying, really i do. . .but like i said - brick wall wink if the heavenly bodies align, and i am in one of those yielding moods, i might send you something, not a promise! but those flights of fancy rarely occur
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2007
i'm sure you're joking about not revealing stuff c'os you have revealed a lot more than you might think.

so what if we do set up shop for a poetry anthology like someone proposed and we said "IICEY, give one or two of your bling-blingy writes" would you oblige ?
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by iice(f): 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2007
Ahhh but you see that's the beauty of the human brain grin Sometimes, i work an angle. . Those secret organizations should have contacted me, i would have been a wonderful addition to their organization grin grin You have a general idea of the person i am but that's just a small part of me grin grin You cannot even imagine the maze up in there tongue grin

Sorry, even if Oprah asked, it will not be forthcoming.
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2007
Nobody ever has total knwledge of anyone else. . . Its all basically generals, very l'il specifics!
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2007
Ok, i'll lay off since i can't get thru d frost. . . But i'll be holdin on 2 d hope dat ur rare bout of yieldin mood comes 'rnd soonest! Lol
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2007
I'ma just sit & wait. . . .  wink  wink
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by iice(f): 6:03am On Jul 12, 2007
RuuDie. . .nah not talking total knowledge but a very big understanding of the person.

Soon? Don't hold your breath grin

Not feeling it. . .maybe when the rains come or when the land is covered in colors tongue grin
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2007
iice:

Soon? Don't hold your breath grin

Not feeling it. . .maybe when the rains come or when the land is covered in colors tongue grin

RuuD's a very patient kid ! grin

what's with u 'n 3/4/5 am browsing
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by iice(f): 11:58am On Jul 12, 2007
Good good. . .patience has its virtues they say grin

RuuDie:

what's with u 'n 3/4/5 am browsing

That means?
Re: My Poems : Any Reviews? by RuuDie(m): 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2007
means - the timing of some of your posts . . . they tells me you is usually online 'round 3, 4, 5 A.M Nigerian time.
just wondering - however, you're under no obligation whatsoever to respond, you can just ignore the question !

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Special Day / Poetry: The Thin Line Between Love And Hate (Edited version) / If Tomorrow Never Comes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.