Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos (47496 Views)

Residents Kill Huge Pyhton Terrorizing Them In Delta State. Photo / Lagos Residents Kill Huge Python After Storming Their Area. Photos / CTJF Members & Soldiers Pose With Pythons After Capturing Them In Borno. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by veacea: 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
Some security guards of Greenland Estate in the Mende, Maryland area of Lagos State killed three 30-foot pythons in the early hours of Tuesday.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the killing of the reptiles brought panic into the estate as residents expressed fear for their safety.

It was gathered that the animals were exposed after the dredging activities of the Lagos State Government.

It was gathered that after killing the pythons, the security guards on the estate put them up for sale for N10,000.

The Vice Chairman of the estate, Sola Adekoya, said more than 15 pythons had been killed on the estate in 2016 alone, urging the government to find a lasting solution to the overgrown canals in the area.

He said, “The security men and some squatters caught the three pythons this morning around 8am. The giant snakes were about 30-foot long.

“We have seen more than 15 pythons this year alone; the guards kill them regularly. The reason is that the canals are overgrown and the snakes always hide under the canals. We need government’s  intervention on time to avoid any tragedy.”

It was learnt that residents of the area always stayed indoors at night for fear of being attacked by snakes.

A visitor to the area, Adewale Adeoye, told PUNCH Metro that he saw the three snakes when they were alive.

Adeoye urged the Lagos State Government to create a zoological garden for the animals to preserve them and generate income for the state.

He said, “These snakes are worth a fortune abroad. The Lagos State Government should conduct a wildlife survey in order to preserve threatened animals and plants.

“How can you be talking of a mega city without a green zone or a biological garden? The young men have gone to sell the snakes for N10,000; a generation of rare animal species gone down the throat in less than 24 hours. This merely reflects poverty of ideas in governance.”

The Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Lagos State, Mr. Steve Ayorinde, did not pick his calls when contacted by our correspondent and had yet to respond to a text message sent to his phone as of the time of filing this report.

http://punchng.com/panic-residents-kill-three-pythons-lagos/

Photo: One of the pythons
[b][/b]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by akinze100(m): 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2016
dc

2 Likes

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by decatalyst(m): 10:15pm On Oct 12, 2016
Talk of snake invasion...since banana get island, dem lala favorite wan get their island for lag too grin grin

Lalasticlala be watching this thread with utmost interest now grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by YOUNGELDER1(m): 10:16pm On Oct 12, 2016
lalas favourite food cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by ever811(m): 10:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
lala right now...oh boy!! wait make I see..is like god has don it for me again,snake news...

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by Ojestas(m): 11:02pm On Oct 12, 2016
ever811:
lala right now...oh boy!! wait make I see..is like god has don it for me again,snake news...
Lala go be like "fimile je n jaye.... shoooo!!

36 Likes

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
I am very sure Lalasticlala and Daddy Freeze will write down the address if they should come across this.

They both like snakes

1 Like

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by Nobody: 1:44am On Oct 13, 2016
Waiting for fp arrival
Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by Benjom(m): 6:09am On Oct 13, 2016
More pictures would have been ideal.

3 Likes

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by Dshocker(m): 10:14am On Oct 13, 2016
Three innocent persons are dead somewhere, just trying to practice witchcraft

14 Likes

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by DevGuru: 10:14am On Oct 13, 2016
I thot we already left the snake era
Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by allanphash7(m): 10:14am On Oct 13, 2016
Lala and snake are like............
Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by funnynation(m): 10:14am On Oct 13, 2016
Dis small snake? Meat don land for some guys...

Nairaland official comedian
Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by ruggedboy01: 10:14am On Oct 13, 2016
cheesy
Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by ChappyChase: 10:15am On Oct 13, 2016
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by Sijo01(f): 10:15am On Oct 13, 2016
Everything, they will be calling on government! What happened to fumigating your environment?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 13, 2016
lala see ur fav ooo

1 Like

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by Frank3n2(m): 10:16am On Oct 13, 2016
Three people dead in Anambra grin grin cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by lyterydim(m): 10:17am On Oct 13, 2016
Ahhhh the brown zinc region,
I bet you those snakes are humans because
The brown zinc region and fetishism are like buhari and travel

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 13, 2016
Well, i thought what i saw was 'phyton killed 3 residents'

But some people get mind ooo, chop snake

maybe im scared of those creepy creatures because i was told when was small that snakes if eaten could grow back into a whole inside our stomach.

Anyways.... today is world's no bra day

Drabeey was Here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by bestspoke: 10:17am On Oct 13, 2016
I will.love to live in that estate o
Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 13, 2016
Mod-lalastica
Job history- Nairaland since inception
Hobbies- hunting
Favorite meal- snake pepper soup
Favorite movie-Anacondas

Lala be like finally grin

8 Likes

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by Stanleyafam(m): 10:18am On Oct 13, 2016
Lala the snake
Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by Nairadays: 10:19am On Oct 13, 2016
These ones are a handful, but i wonder what lala would do if he sees the one below? grin

http://www.nairadays.com/2016/09/25/monster-anaconda-found-on-construction-site-in-brazil/

2 Likes

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by SouthWestBlood(m): 10:19am On Oct 13, 2016
What tragedy are they talking about? How many people have been eaten by Python over there?

They should stop killing these peaceful animals and let them be.

"SAVE THE WILDLIFE OF THIS COUNTRY, SAVE OUR HERITAGE" - Lagos State Government

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by 1x2x3: 10:20am On Oct 13, 2016
We don't need government's intervention let them send in lala the snake slayer
Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by moralex(m): 10:20am On Oct 13, 2016
so it's Python season on nairaland abi?
Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by juman(m): 10:20am On Oct 13, 2016
Unfortunate.
Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by Lilimax(f): 10:20am On Oct 13, 2016
Nairaland and Python shocked shocked
Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by CharleyCharley: 10:21am On Oct 13, 2016
I'm booking this space to make drabeey's life a living hell. Mere company driver who doesn't know his place in society.
Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by DONSMITH123(m): 10:21am On Oct 13, 2016
Stanleyafam:
Lala the snake
mrsefan:
lala see ur fav ooo
allanphash7:
Lala and snake are like............
ever811:
decatalyst:
Talk of snake invasion...since banana get island, dem lala favorite wan get their island for lag too grin grin

Lalasticlala be watching this thread with utmost interest now grin grin

if lala na me sha... grin the guy dey try wella

1 Like

Re: Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos by shamsuRana(m): 10:21am On Oct 13, 2016
Lilimax:
Nairaland and Python shocked shocked

i tell you..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Rain From The Sky / Paul Allen Unveils World's Largest Plane With Two Cockpits(Photos). / Deformed Sheep In Funtua, Katsina Causes Commotion (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.