Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,490 members, 7,781,468 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:54 PM

Whoopi Goldberg Unveils Line Of 'ugly' Christmas Sweaters - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Whoopi Goldberg Unveils Line Of 'ugly' Christmas Sweaters (495 Views)

Lady Mocked For 14 Years Because Of Her 'ugly' Leg Turns To A Successful Model / Nyamal, Sudanese Student Called ‘Burnt' & 'Ugly' (Photos) / Photo Of Miss Ihiala 2017 A Facebook User Called 'Ugly' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whoopi Goldberg Unveils Line Of 'ugly' Christmas Sweaters by greentrends: 9:02am On Oct 13, 2016
Whoopi Goldberg has designed a collection of "ugly" Christmas sweaters.

The actress and TV host has entered the fashion world with a range of 11 holiday-themed sweaters, each of which has its own individual name and story.

For instance, the Bite Me sweater features an image of one gingerbread man taking a bite out of another, while the Santa Love jumper has a picture of two Santa Claus' about to kiss.

"I like Christmas sweaters - the stranger the better," she told WWD, adding that she wanted the designs to have a witty element. "I have a lot of oddness in my brain, and so, this is the kind of stuff that I think about on a daily basis and happily, it all worked out. They're fun and they're sweet and they're not nasty and they're not mean. They're very loving."

The sweaters will retail for $139 (£113) and will be sold exclusively at selected Lord & Taylor and Hudson's Bay department stores. The unisex tops range in size from small to extra large, and each garment features a label with a WHOOPI logo.

Whoopi, 60, adds that she is very pleased with the quality of the garments and hopes they will become collectors' items.

"The quality of the Christmas sweaters has gone down for me," she said. "We wanted to do them really well. They're cashmere blends and they're really soft."

In addition, the Sister Act star intends to wear her Christmas sweaters throughout the month of December on her TV chat show The View, as well as for a forthcoming appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.

However, she's hard-pressed to choose a favourite item from the range, sharing that she "likes them all".

"There's Charlie Brown (with a depressing Christmas tree) on one side and a full-on tree with lights on the other side. I love the two Santas kissing. I love the odd family..." she smiled.Read more at:http://www.marieaustralia.com/formal-dresses-2016 | http://www.marieaustralia.com/long-formal-dresses

(1) (Reply)

Trendy Bulk Jewelry For Your Shop From 500N Start Ur Bus 08121810749 Wtsap / Best Online Outlet Store To Take Advantage Of!! / I Want A Brown Blazzer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.