Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed (2859 Views)

GMC Terrain 2011 Engine Refused To Start After Engine Change / Please Help, My Camry Has Refused To Start. / Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 3:44pm On Oct 13, 2016
Good evening gurus.my car. Enter code so I need help to read the code generated D15A6. Will appreciate any help. Thanks
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by sooperrescue(m): 3:20am On Oct 14, 2016
My car, is that a name or a brand? Full details of your car and how the code came about?
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2016
sooperrescue:
My car, is that a name or a brand? Full details of your car and how the code came about?

Thanks for your response..

The car in question is 2004 Quest.
The brain box was stolen, so I bought another one and it was showing car with key in it so we need to program it. Tho the code has been read. The car has refuse to start. After scanning, we discover the flywheel sensor beneath engine is damaged.after replacement
The Still engine didn't start, there was no single shock and the nozzle refused to open also.

Could this be a bad brain box or the flywheel sensor.
Pls help a brother,
Sienna erico2k2 mayor GAZZUZZ
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by MykelOdus(m): 12:32am On Oct 15, 2016
princemillla:

The brain box was stolen, so I bought another one and it was showing car with key in it so we need to program it. Tho the code has been read. The car has refuse to start. After scanning, we discover the flywheel sensor beneath engine is damaged.after replacement
The Still engine didn't start, there was no single shock and the nozzle refused to open also.

Pls help a brother,
. Have the key light gone off? If yes, have you scanned the car to know what the problem is? Let's know the DTC ---- the code you get from the scan, that will help us better.
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by MykelOdus(m): 12:38am On Oct 15, 2016
MykelOdus:
. Have the key light gone off? If yes, have you scanned the car to know what the problem is? Let's know the DTC ---- the code you get from the scan, that will help us better.

. Since the ECU was stolen, you might find it hard to get the right ECU as you do not have a sample or the part number! Let me have the ECU number of the one you got, and your VIN I can tell if it should fit your car or not.
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 5:57am On Oct 15, 2016
MykelOdus:

Thank you sir.
The code gotten was u1000
Then coolant temperature... Will look for the print out codes.
Yes the key light has gone off, but it won't bring out current(shocks) nor the injector opening
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 5:59am On Oct 15, 2016
MykelOdus:
. Since the ECU was stolen, you might find it hard to get the right ECU as you do not have a sample or the part number! Let me have the ECU number of the one you got, and your VIN I can tell if it should fit your car or not.

I will provide the VIN number and the part number of the one available wen I get to the mechanic workshop this morning. Thanks for your help so far appreciate
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by diportivo: 7:56am On Oct 15, 2016
Pls o

Is it the crankshaft position sensor (CPS) u are calling flywheel sensor

If yes,what code came up that made u guys decide to change it?

Gazzuzz won't answer u..he hates nissan grin

Mayor is too busy....there's a Ferrari in his workshop right now

Stop calling ppl in the UK....besides,who is siennana person name abi na nurey car undecided

Honmusa will be here shortly tho

Answer my own question first
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:07am On Oct 15, 2016
princemillla:

Pls help a brother,

If you drove the car, and shut off the engine, then you had no business touching the "flywheel sensor" put the old one back and try again.

P.s which mumu thief steals the engine ecu of a nissan? Dem no see ya battery theif?

1 Like

Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by nurey(m): 8:10am On Oct 15, 2016
diportivo:
Pls o

Stop calling ppl in the UK....besides,who is siennana person name abi na nurey car undecided

Oga MI you be Nissan expert nah. Help this our brother.

His description I am not understanding the problem. Lol

But op when you say nozzle refuse to open can you expantiate?
Also does your car crank and doesn't start or it only shows dash board lights and doesn't crank.
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:17am On Oct 15, 2016
diportivo:
Pls o

You can say that again.
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by diportivo: 8:42am On Oct 15, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

If you drove the car, and shut off the engine, then you had no business touching the "flywheel sensor" put the old one back and try again

I totally

Once a Nissan doesn't start,rewires most times will point fingers at the flywheel sensor

E don do me b4.....in my case I didn't answer d guy...I just went ahead to start diagnosing the thing myself

Villager 2000

Result....snapped timing belt.

Na so we for just dey change sensors upandan grin

1 Like

Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by mayor2013: 8:43am On Oct 15, 2016
U1000. CAN communication circuit malfunction. Answer these questions

Firstly did the scan tool communicate with the ecu?
Secondly have you checked ecu relay?
Do you have the NATs (nissan anti theft security) light on or off?
Has the ecu been programmed to match the VIN of your car?
As long as you have the U1000 fault error that car would nefver start

I just hope you have the right ecu in it
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 8:59am On Oct 15, 2016
MykelOdus:

The vin number is 5N1BV28U74N354034

Brain box number IS E2 MEC-020-B1 4908
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 9:28am On Oct 15, 2016
mayor2013:

The ECU wasn't programmed With vin but the key was programmed with the ECU and it accepted it. Which remove the key signal on the dashboard.

I will rescan again to confirm the u1000
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 11:28am On Oct 15, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

If you drove the car, and shut off the engine, then you had no business touching the "flywheel sensor" put the old one back and try again.

P.s which mumu thief steals the engine ecu of a nissan? Dem no see ya battery theif?

The old one was stolen.
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by honmusa(m): 11:56am On Oct 15, 2016
princemillla:

Pls help a brother,
please stop calling crankshaft position sensor flywheel sensor .it too razz !!!
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2016
honmusa:

please stop calling crankshaft position sensor flywheel sensor .it too razz !!!

Thanks for the correction, appreciate
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 1:42pm On Oct 15, 2016
mayor2013:

I have programmed the vin with ecu (tho I bought new 03 ecu and luckily it give shocks and injector opens as well.

Pls is there any future damage I should be expecting and wich precautionary caution should I adapt. Thanks
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by diportivo: 4:15pm On Oct 15, 2016
princemillla:

I have programmed the vin with ecu (tho I bought new 03 ecu and luckily it give shocks and injector opens as well.

Pls is there any future damage I should be expecting and wich precautionary caution should I adapt. Thanks

Ur car has started isn't it

What's with u envisaging future wahala undecided

1 new wiring harness

2 new ecu

3 new transmission

4 new engine

5 new car

Happy now? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2016
princemillla:

Your vehicle was manufactured in March 2004 [5-speed transmission] with green exterior and beige interior colours. The required part number for your ecm is 23710-CK011. Your stolen ecm has something like this :XB MEC33-025 A1 43xx. The ecm your earlier installed [E2 MEC63-020 B1 4908] was for a 2005 model manufactured on 8 September 2004. There's a chance that the "2003" ecm (how did you determine that?) that you have now will work for your vehicle if the ecm was produced anytime from May 2003.
What do you mean by programming the vin to the ecu? There's nothing like that. What can be done is to write the vin to the ecm, and that feature is only obtainable from 2005 models. Your key was programmed to the ecm, both of them jelled, and your vehicle ignition fired. C'est fini.

1 Like

Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 7:53pm On Oct 15, 2016
Costee:

Your vehicle was manufactured in March 2004 [5-speed transmission] with green exterior and beige interior colours. The required part number for your ecm is 23710-CK011. Your stolen ecm has something like this :XB MEC33-025 A1 43xx. The ecm your earlier installed [E2 MEC63-020 B1 4908] was for a 2005 model manufactured on 8 September 2004. There's a chance that the "2003" ecm (how did you determine that?) that you have now will work for your vehicle if the ecm was produced anytime from May 2003.
What do you mean by programming the vin to the ecu? There's nothing like that. What can be done is to write the vin to the ecm, and that feature is only obtainable from 2005 models. Your key was programmed to the ecm, both of them jelled, and your vehicle ignition fired. C'est fini.

This Graham! U hit on the center nail sir. The 2003 quest ecm opens the front nozzle, but fail to open the rest. The car eventually start after getting a tokunbo crank sensor(6k for those who is buying in future). But upon working further to see what actually happens with the other nozzle, the car refused to start. Halas! The vehicle back to square one (started showing need for program). The ECU didn't work with it.

I will search for ecu with the above number, but is it possible to get this in Nigeria at all?
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 7:56pm On Oct 15, 2016
diportivo:

Ur car has started isn't it

What's with u envisaging future wahala undecided

1 new wiring harness

2 new ecu

3 new transmission

4 new engine

5 new car

Happy now? grin

Oga mi why now... Lemme joooo cry ur boy car dey sick seriously. I need all the possible assistance in time like this
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 15, 2016
princemillla:

I will search for ecu with the above number, but is it possible to get this in Nigeria at all?
Well you just might be lucky after further search. For some reason, the ecm for your model appears scarce. The thief that stole yours was not a "mumu" after all; there was actually a demand for it.
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 5:30am On Oct 16, 2016
Costee:

Well you just might be lucky after further search. For some reason, the ecm for your model appears scarce. The thief that stole yours was not a "mumu" after all; there was actually a demand for it.

Thanks Bro, I appreciate your input Bro. God bless you I will feed you on my search by monday
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by ironheart(m): 6:51am On Oct 16, 2016
Do people drive nissan Quest? The only one i have seen apeared over night n i heard the engine knocked in transit. Some days later it disappeared again. Bros dont you think you should change your brand? Only one guru here talks about Nissan n he is one hell of a clown i love reading his comments.

1 Like

Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2016
ironheart:
Do people drive nissan Quest? The only one i have seen apeared over night n i heard the engine knocked in transit. Some days later it disappeared again. Bros dont you think you should change your brand? Only one guru here talks about Nissan n he is one hell of a clown i love reading his comments.

Hmmmmm Nissan quest is a nice car tho problematic kind of but if you know ow to maintain rides, u wil use it for years without fault

2 Likes

Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by diportivo: 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
ironheart:
Bros dont you think you should change your brand?

Which brand wld u favour?
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by biggiyke(m): 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
princemillla:

Hmmmmm Nissan quest is a nice car tho problematic kind of but if you know ow to maintain rides, u wil use it for years without fault

Just curious. Is your car at a mechanic in Shasha, Lagos?
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
biggiyke:

Just curious. Is your car at a mechanic in Shasha, Lagos?

No bro
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
princemillla:

Thanks Bro, I appreciate your input Bro. God bless you I will feed you on my search by monday
This should also match: V1 MEC33-022 A1
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2016
Costee:

This should also match: V1 MEC33-022 A1

Thank you and God bless you sir.

This forum will also sever a reference to other in future I presume

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Technician Here 24 Hrs / What Are The Implications Of 5w30 Or 5w40 Instead Of 5w20 Engine Oil. / Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.