Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? (65236 Views)

Why Onyema Was Flagged By The US - Advice From A US Based Business Man. / Nigerias Euro Bond Oversubscribed Despite Economic Woes / 7 Things You Should Learn To Do Before You Start An Online Home Based Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by importexpert(m): 3:54pm On Oct 13, 2016
For the past few weeks, i have been privileged to interview many ordinary Nigerians including those that are computer literate, those with computers, those with smart phones, coppers, students etc. We all lead busy lives and despite the fact that you might want to start a home based business, you think that you've no time to commit to it. Your available time is limited. But, with the right strategies in place you can make better use of your time and use it to start a home based business.

If you're going to succeed, you have to be more ruthless with the time you've got. These 7 tips below show how you can find the time to start a home based business and fulfill your entrepreneurial goals.

1. Get Up on Time

You don't need more than 7 or 8 hours of sleep each night. If you can limit your sleep to absolute maximum of 8 hours, you will get time. If you usually sleep less than 6 hours you may need to sleep a bit more to be most productive with your time.

2. Manage Your Emails and what you do with your phones/pcs

It's easy to get distracted when you're working on your computer/smart phone at home. Set certain times for checking your emails. responding to chats, visiting recreational websites and keep to it. remember that the rule in time management is "set the rules and abide by them".

3. Switch Off Technology

You can be looking online for an answer to a specific problem and before you know it, you've just wasted an hour watching "i go die's" performance at A.Ys concert. Anything that you don't need to get your work completed, turn off. This may include your television, pop ups and pop under windows on your p.c and sometimes browser images too.

4. Recognize Your Internal Clock

The internal clock in this context refers to the time of the day when a person is most productive. Everyone has an internal time clock and you need to determine for yourself what your own internal clock is so you can work on your home based business at the optimum time to suit you. Some folks are early risers, some are night owls and others are in between. you want to know mine grin? just guess in the comment box.

5. Try Evernote

This neat little application can help you keep track of your thoughts, daily activities, notes for tasks, and more. It takes a while to learn how to use it, but once you get the hang of it's a great way to keep track of lots of tasks.

6. Use Time Tracking Software

There are tasks that are productive and tasks that waste your time. The challenge is knowing which is which. If you have a Gmail account, then you already have access to Google Calendars. You can easily set up different calendars for different aspects of your new home based business and color code the entries. Further you can print out a schedule each day or sync to your smartphone so that you don't forget anything.

7. Outsource

You don't have to do everything yourself. And, as your home based business grows it may not even be possible to do everything yourself. Websites like Fiverr, Elance and UpWork all have freelance workers ranging from designers, to copywriters to website builders who can help lighten your load.

feel free to ask your questions

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by importexpert(m): 3:57pm On Oct 13, 2016
mini Importers are experiencing boom as a result of low competition in the market. see how to source for products at crazily cheap prices at www.importsng.com
Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by importexpert(m): 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
lalasticlala come and see. Nairalanders add your insightful contributions

1 Like

Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by hahn(m): 5:03pm On Oct 13, 2016
Not everyone can be disciplined enough to become a business man

6 Likes

Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by mojeed4(m): 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
importexpert:
lalasticlala come and see. Nairalanders add your insightful contributions

Seems like recession is really biting real bad on your biz

6 Likes

Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by dreamwords: 8:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
importexpert:
mini Importers are experiencing boom as a result of low competition in the market. see how to source for products at crazily cheap prices at www.importsng.com
Ebook seller

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by importexpert(m): 8:44pm On Oct 13, 2016
hahn:
Not everyone can be disciplined enough to become a business man

true talk. all fingers cannot be equal. while others are business men, others will be employess to take care of the business. the article is for those that want to employ not those that want to be employed cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by hahn(m): 8:55pm On Oct 13, 2016
importexpert:

true talk. all fingers cannot be equal. while others are business men, others will be employess to take care of the business. the article is for those that want to employ not those that want to be employed cheesy

Na so

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by importexpert(m): 10:05am On Oct 14, 2016
hahn:

Na so

nice one.
Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by mike85060: 3:07am On Oct 15, 2016
MEANWHILE

Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by buffalowings: 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2016
Yeah

If you have a job that is
Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by Sibrah: 8:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
I await the day i will see group exportation thread in Nairaland. It may be honey, moringa seed, or even people joining for to float a formidable web design outfit that service people on fiverr.

4 Likes

Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by prodam(m): 9:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
Good Post.
Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by importexpert(m): 9:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
Sibrah:
I await the day i will see group exportation thread in Nairaland. It may be honey, moringa seed, or even people joining for to float a formidable web design outfit that service people on fiverr.

such services are already on Nl. search in the tech market section and business section. i wish you success.
Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by importexpert(m): 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
prodam:
Good Post.

thanks bro
Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by Miraculousamuel(m): 10:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
mike85060:
MEANWHILE

Are you sure about this
Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by Phrankher(f): 9:57am On Oct 17, 2016
Wish everyone could be that disciplined
Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by importexpert(m): 10:05am On Oct 17, 2016
Phrankher:
Wish everyone could be that disciplined

well said.

1 Like

Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by SeyiAkinbo(m): 11:52am On Oct 17, 2016
Miraculousamuel:

Be careful.

Are you sure about this
Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by migueal: 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
Please, i need an effective bulksms platform. I mean a working one. Its urgent. Somebody please, help....
Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by ev4real(m): 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
migueal:
Please, i need an effective bulksms platform. I mean a working one. Its urgent. Somebody please, help....
Goodevenng bro, do visit www.zoelifesms.com
Fast and reliable.
Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by naijainfogalery: 9:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
Looking for the business to start?
Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by Dahkogrin007(m): 12:17am On Oct 18, 2016
Business opportunities are thr for those who are ready to go for it

Check my signature
Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 18, 2016
cool
Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by kentochi(m): 8:51am On Oct 18, 2016
ev4real:

Goodevenng bro, do visit www.zoelifesms.com
Fast and reliable.
do dnd affect your service as well
Re: Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? by remedick: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
Sibrah:
I swear. That is one info people are not willing to let out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Anambra Billionaire Construction Czar,ken Ifekudu / How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago / How to get a POS for ATM cash withdrawal and Deposit business in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.