Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,508 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:51 PM

Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application (15662 Views)

Gov. Ugwuanyi Constitutes Board Of Enugu State Housing Development Corporation / . / Prices Of Apartments Of The Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by Mc4larin: 7:41pm On Oct 13, 2016
WHAT IS RENT TO OWN?

Rent – To – Own is the new policy introduced by the administration of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode to make housing more readily available to the teaming population of Lagos State. This policy is to ensure that more people that wouldn’t have been home owners are accommodated. It is a system whereby prospective home owners make a  5% down payment, take possession and pay up the remaining balance as rent towards the ownership of the property over a period of 10years.

The policy is aimed at bridging the gap of Lagos State Housing deficit of about 2.55 million in the next 10years and sensitizes the citizenry to own a home with 5% of the value as equity.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

1.       Applicant must be primarily resident in Lagos State and will be required to submit a copy of their Lagos State Residents Registration Card.

2.       Applicant must be a First Time Buyer

3.       Applicant must be 21 years Old and  above.

4.       Only tax compliant will be eligible under the Lagos State Rent To Own policy and must provide the proof of tax payment.

5.       Applicant must be able to make the 5% commitment fee payment.

6.       Applicant must pass the Affordability Test and not more than, 33% Of the monthly income as repayment.

APPLICATION AND SUBMISSION:

1.       Pick up the Application form at the following locations: Lagos State Mortgage Board (LagosHOMS) Office; LBIC Building, Ground Floor, Plot 1, Assbifi  Road, CBD, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos), or  Ministry of Housing, OR Download the form online.

2.       Make payment of N10,000 at the specified bank. Complete the application form in accordance with the instructions.

3.       Submit application form with the payment receipt and copies of all necessary supporting documents in person at Lagos State Mortgage Board (LagosHOMS) Office; LBIC Building, Ground Floor, Plot 1, Assbifi Road, CBD, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos) OR submit online!

http://www.lagoshoms.gov.ng/?u=d1&dd=38

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by Abbeyme: 6:44am On Oct 14, 2016
I hope there are no doubting Thomases to this!!!! smiley smiley

I have colleagues in my workplace that won houses (or do I call it flats) at Surulere and at Abattoir.

They were even given a set of cooking gas upon the payment of their balance self.

Good one from LASG.

But its somewhat expensive to the common man, except this is for the medium income folks.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by pol23: 6:44am On Oct 14, 2016
LASG trying shell something in the post above.
Did anyone notice they never mentioned outright payable amount or instalments, all that was stated is percentage and abstract figures.
The last I checked one of the so called low sheme housing in Ebute Meta, It cost 25, 000, 000. 00.
The fat truth is that most sincere LASG Level 16 workers can't afford this.
We have many rich people in this town. If the government can't make provisions for her workers, That's bad, That was during Fashola's tenure.
Let's hope Ambode 'll do better.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by Gten(m): 6:45am On Oct 14, 2016
Wow this is great kudos Ambode and congrats to lagosians.
Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by Btruth: 6:49am On Oct 14, 2016
Good initiative.
Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by lifestyle1(m): 6:56am On Oct 14, 2016
Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by ronkyemma(f): 7:01am On Oct 14, 2016
Wats d actual amount of d property,not stated,aw much is d amt payable monthly.Anyone has idea.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by gist4kidsblog: 7:01am On Oct 14, 2016
sad sad sad sad

Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by amarachi06(f): 7:07am On Oct 14, 2016
They should try and extend it to the poor. The form is high and they can't afford it.
Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by bobchigar(m): 7:07am On Oct 14, 2016
Abbeyme:
I hope there are no doubting Thomases to this!!!! smiley smiley

I have colleagues in my workplace that won houses (or do I call it flats) at Surulere and at Abattoir.

They were even given a set of cooking gas upon the payment of their balance self.

Good one from LASG.

But its somewhat expensive to the common man, except this is for the medium income folks.

Pls do you have idea of the total cost, initial deposit and instalment payments

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by DaudaAbu(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2016
A very wwllcome development
Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by shaddoww: 7:08am On Oct 14, 2016
Lagos always setting d pace. I hope d federal government under d Elitist minister Fashola can copy dis in dia planned housing scheme, so dat it won't build houses dat average Nigerians can't afford.
Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by DexxyAlebs(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2016
I pray and hope civil servants will be able to afford it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by Fabolousibk1(m): 7:09am On Oct 14, 2016
Dats gud frm Mr Governor,bt wait oo,i hope dis house wont cost much sha,i dnt want to hear is 20million each flat o,...
Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by pheesayor(m): 7:11am On Oct 14, 2016
Those houses are not affordable at all, I'm not sure it is different from what Fashola did
Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 14, 2016
pol23:
Did anyone notice they never mentioned outright payable amount or instalments, all that was stated is percentage and abstract figures.
The last I checked one of the so called low sheme housing in Ebute Meta, It cost 25, 000, 000. 00.
We have many rich people in this town. If the government can't make provisions for her workers, That's bad, That was during Fashola's tenure.
The one in Ikorodu here is 15million.
I won't pay 15 million for an apartment in a building when I can buy a land and build a 3bedroom with that money. The buildings are soooooo Empty.
Lagos state government are not getting their priorities right at all. There is nothing affordable about that scam.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by Rett0: 7:20am On Oct 14, 2016
Hmmm. The one close to my place has no one living there yet. Can you imagine initial payment was 3Mil? N monthly payment was far above the 1/3rd of most salary earners in Lagos state.

I wonder who these guys keep building for with tax payers money.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by shogz89: 7:35am On Oct 14, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

The one in Ikorodu here is 15million.
I won't pay 15 million for an apartment in a building when I can buy a land and build a 3bedroom with that money. The buildings are soooooo Empty.
Lagos state government are not getting their priorities right at all. There is nothing affordable about that scam.
you think after 10 years the house won't be more than 15m, you are paying they high because you are paying that long... BUh I must agree the initial payment is really not for the common man... It's majorly for medium income earners

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 14, 2016
shogz89:
you think after 10 years the house won't be more than 15m, you are paying they high because you are paying that long... BUh I must agree the initial payment is really not for the common man... It's majorly for medium income earners
I mean. It's just annoying. The Federal Low cost Housing estate opposite it is still under construction. I don't know how much those ones will say we should bring.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by Femo230: 7:41am On Oct 14, 2016
For sale:
10 plots of land @lekki free trade zone, near dangote refinery. Ibeju lekki.
Price: 1m/plot. Title: Gazette.
18 plots at orimedu, lekki free trade zone. Ibeju lekki.
Price: 2.5m/plot. Title: Gazette.
6 acres of land @eleko,near pan-africa university. Ibeju lekki.
Price: 2.5m/plot. Title: Gazette.
Immediate allocation
Enquiry call: Cosway real estate, Tel: 07034484480, 08028229179

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 14, 2016
Ambode is really trying I have to say.
His vision for Lagos is really nice
Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by seyiojomu(m): 7:57am On Oct 14, 2016
More information on all hidden costs please
Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by javakind: 8:19am On Oct 14, 2016
they shud better forget....it.....since it is a govt sheme what do they need 10,000 naira for application....its a scam.......iwas seeing 9million for 3 bedroom flat ....simply state that its is for the rich not for the poor. chikena

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by ndcide(m): 8:36am On Oct 14, 2016
I still don't understand. I thought it's something that people earning 50,60,70k can afford.
Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by bfire(m): 8:57am On Oct 14, 2016
The concept in building these houses and the related income of the residence of those targeted to own such is totally absurd

Income of these people falls below N1M per annum. The least of the apartment building is N5M for a low costs one bedroom

They should have adopted the Jakande concept. But political interest would not allow that. How would they receive their 10%.
Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by nmreports: 9:01am On Oct 14, 2016
Lovely
Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by Ranchhoddas: 9:16am On Oct 14, 2016
The amount for the form alone will tell you that it's not for the man on the street.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by CAPSLOCKED: 9:17am On Oct 14, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The amount for the form alone will tell you that it's not for the man on the street.

POLITICIANS...
YOU VOTE THEM IN SO THEY GET THE CHANCE TO RAPE YOU OUT LATER AS AN APPRECIATION.
Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by asha01: 10:15am On Oct 14, 2016
pol23:

the lowest now is N9m, still on the high side
only big men can afford it

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme Application by TRAY2(m): 10:47am On Oct 14, 2016
How can one get tge the lagos state Residents Registration card?

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them / Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba / Will You Buy A House With A Maid's Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.