Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You (1939 Views)

Nigerian Lady Called Out For Not Being Married At 33 Replies Her Critics - Photo / Any Lady Above 22 Years Of Age, That Dont Have A Handwork Is Not A Wife Material / Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by emmyw(m): 5:02am On Oct 14, 2016
7 Benefits of Getting Married at a Young Age That No One Told You

When it comes to having a happy marriage, researchers have found that getting hitched between the ages of 22 and 25 seems to be the sweet spot. That’s just an average, of course, but the benefits outlined below mostly focus on “young” as being one’s early to mid-twenties.

Almost everyone's trying to drop subtle hints that may be, it's too much of a whirlwind. Father says, "I think you should wait till you finish college/university". Best friends are asking them to slow down; they say there are plenty of fish in the sea. But the heart wants what the heart wants.

With all the skepticism around people marrying young, we're here to list out some advantages on marrying young. Not that we're advising everyone to get married at a young age, but if you think you have found the right person, have the level of maturity, patience, and the will to evolve with your partner then, why not.

Is delaying marriage always the best path, though? While getting married young isn’t for everyone, there are actually some distinct benefits to doing so, and today we’ll talk about what they are.

7 Benefits of Getting Married at a Young Age That No One Told You

1. Fewer Heartbreaks and Lesser Heartaches - Early marriage means less heart breaks
Lucky are the ones who find "the one" and realize it in time! When you know what you have is real and may be once-in-a-lifetime love, you tend not to be stupid and mess it up or break up over petty issues. Once you get married, this is it! No need to look around, no more heartbreaks, and no more tears. You'll never regret for the one that got away, because there he is happily snoring next to you or digging his belly button on the couch.

2. Early marriage makes spouse best friend
You got married at a time when you just started out, you didn't have anything, and your career hasn't kick started yet. At times like these, there are a lot of apprehensions and self-doubt as to what the future might hold. Your spouse might be the only person whom you could confide in, and he/she would understand because he/she is going through the same. At the end of the day, you're in this together.

3. Crazy memories a young couple makes
You've spent your crazy carefree days with each other. You have spent a lot of time doing things together, some great and some outrightly insane and have learned to laugh about them. May be with time, your crazy escapades may mellow down, but the bond you'll form in the process will be so special that you know that something similar can never be created with anyone else.

4. Young couple explore the world together
After working late nights and struggling to complete your education or getting ahead in your career, you have finally arrived at a place in your life where taking a vacation doesn't feel like a guilt trip anymore. You get the privilege of sharing your experience of being in a foreign land, enjoying their food and music, and experiencing their culture with someone who matters the most―your better half.

5. You couple make young parents
When you get married young, you get plenty of time to get to know each other, learn how to work as a team, and live your life without having to worry about the "biological clock ticking". After a few years of marriage, when you finally decide that it is time to go ahead and reproduce, you're still comparatively young. You'll have the opportunity to play and let the crazies out with your kids for a few good years without giving yourself a backache. This also means that you might get to see your grandkids graduate high school and laugh at your kids when their teenagers are giving them a hard time

6. Early marriage makes the couple grow up together
You've made the journey from a teeny rat-infested apartment to a house with white picket fences in the suburbs. Through your days of working two jobs to your big break, you've seen each other through your worst and shared every milestone and achievement. Instead of merging set-in-a-way lives together, you've evolved into individuals whose lives evolve around each other. From crazy-in-love kids to matured adults, you've grown up together.

7. There is no perfect age to get married
Life doesn't come with a manual. For some, finding "the one" may take a lifetime, while some might find true love in their high school sweethearts. Of course, a settled life and greater maturity may help to make the sailing easy, but it doesn't guarantee that the marriage may last forever. If you have the compatibility, the patience, and the sensibility to pull each other through the rocky waters, any time is a good time to tie the knot.

There may be many reasons for you to not get hitched soon. But only one reason you need to take the plunge is that you have found the love of your life.

Did you get married young? What benefits do you think came from it? Alternatively, if you got married older, share what you feel are the advantages of that decision.
CC: Lalasticlala
Source: http://www.mylifeinspiration.com/2016/10/benefits-of-getting-married-at-a-young-age/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by nrexzy: 5:15am On Oct 14, 2016
You forgot the important factor... Money
Re: 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by DesChyko: 5:16am On Oct 14, 2016
Well, it's advisable.

But it also comes with its challenges too.

It's a matter of preparedness though, irrespective of the age.

I'm loving mine grin

nrexzy:

Very important but not ultimate.

1 Like

Re: 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by emmyw(m): 5:32am On Oct 14, 2016
grin grin grin Money is not everyone's problem.
nrexzy:
Re: 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by nrexzy: 5:40am On Oct 14, 2016
emmyw:
grin grin grin Money is not everyone's problem.
A guy @ 25 money is a problem..
Re: 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by vitalisdiho(m): 5:51am On Oct 14, 2016
Can marriage work without money?money comes first before early marriage.capital guile words
Re: 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by emmyw(m): 5:53am On Oct 14, 2016
nrexzy:

A guy @ 25 money is a problem..
You really think some guys @ 25 ain't rich?
Re: 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 14, 2016
emmyw:
do u mean in Nigeria or abroad? In a scale of 100 how many at the age of 25?
Re: 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by nrexzy: 12:24pm On Oct 14, 2016
emmyw:
Your definition of being rich might defer from mine.... so u know some guy who got married @ 25?
Re: 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by emmyw(m): 12:48pm On Oct 14, 2016
nrexzy:

Your definition of being rich might defer from mine.... so u know some guy who got married @ 25?
sure I Know, Even @ 24
Re: 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by Lovelynature(m): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2016
Not really as you listed. Early marriage is sweet but also has its challenges. Whether early or not. What matters is how compatible the couple is.

That determines the joy of the marriage
Re: 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by firstking01(m): 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2016
Apart from no 5 $ 6, every other points are flawed before me.
Re: 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by nrexzy: 11:08pm On Oct 14, 2016
emmyw:
sure I Know, Even @ 24
Nice Buh I don't know any....a guy @ 24 that sponsored his own wedding and all..

1 Like

Re: 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 14, 2016
No thank you, I will rather get married when I'm 28 undecided....28-30 is the perfect age for marriage for the ladies smiley
Re: 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by emmyw(m): 11:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
ItsQuinn:
No thank you, I will rather get married when I'm 28 undecided....28-30 is the perfect age for marriage for the ladies smiley
You really think so?

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: 7 Benefits Of Getting Married At A Young Age That No One Told You by kazyhm(m): 11:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
nrexzy:

Nice Buh I don't know any....a guy @ 24 that sponsored his own wedding and all..

(1) (Reply)

Ten (10) Things Nigerian Girls Say Instead Of ‘I Love You’ / Naija Based Guys Envy Me! Why?? / OMG Rare Picture Of A Baby Girl Born With Breast! Unbelievable PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.