Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG (12438 Views)

Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma, Matthew Iduoriyekemwen, Others Decamp To APC In Edo / EHIOZUWA JOHNSON AGBONAYINMA Joins APC; PDP Lawmakers Jubilant / Buhari’s Signature Forged To Sell $19m Crude Oil To China - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 14, 2016
A member of the House of Representatives, Mr. Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma, has said that instead of destroying illegal refineries in the Niger Delta, the Federal Government should license and regulate them.

He told the News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja on Thursday that the government should leverage on the skills of operators of the refineries to develop small outlets for refining crude oil for domestic use.

Agbonayinma, who represents Egor/Ikpoba-Okha Constituency of EdoState, said his advice became necessary because the persons given licences to build refineries by previous administrations had failed to do so.

He said the number of illegal refineries being destroyed and the rate at which they resurfaced had shown that the operators had some engineering skills that government should harness.

He said, “The activities of illegal refinery operators should be regulated,licences should be issued to them and crude oil allocated to them based on their capacities.

“In the civilised countries, what to do is to bring all those youths and look for a way to harness their brains rather than destroy the refineries.

“They are doing what government cannot do by consistently refining crude oil into petroleum products; they deserve to be assembled and encouraged to do it better, under regulations.”

http://punchng.com/license-illegal-refineries-rep-tells-fg/

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 14, 2016
Very Good, if FG has failed to revamp the legal refineries hitherto, then these ones should be given a chance to boost local productions and ease the pressure on Forex.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by yeyeboi(m): 7:01am On Oct 14, 2016
Ok
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Flexherbal(m): 7:09am On Oct 14, 2016
FG should seriously think about this.

6 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by fran6co(m): 7:14am On Oct 14, 2016
it will even generate employment for some youth and go a long way in trying to rid youth restiveness.

#LicenceIllegalRefineries

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Benjom(m): 7:14am On Oct 14, 2016
To some extent, he has a point.

13 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by menxer: 7:16am On Oct 14, 2016
We say China is big on copying and imitating, yet our own imitation refineries are being destroyed. How are we to progress this way?

The suggestion is very apt, FG should regulate and not destroy the imitation refineries.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by saintkash(m): 7:23am On Oct 14, 2016
license illegal refineries when there never got there crude supply from genuine source? licensing these guys is more or less giving amnesty to them cos there r criminals. .... there activity alone has cost government billions of cash... maybe if the word "amnesty" illegal refinery operators would convince me but not licensing them....

my opinion though.

15 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by domack99(m): 7:37am On Oct 14, 2016
The reason why those illegal refining were profitable business is because the crude used were stolen, is FG going to license illegal bunker too.

15 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by AntiIPOOP(m): 7:39am On Oct 14, 2016
Illegal is illegal

3 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by jakiedudu(m): 7:40am On Oct 14, 2016
That is the way to go. If govt engaged this people making illegal refineries, we did be buying petrol at a much cheaper rate by now.

2 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 14, 2016
domack99:
The reason why those illegal refining were profitable business is because the crude used were stolen, is FG going to license illegal bunker too.
FG can establish mechanisms through which they can source the crudes legitimately, the funds raised from selling selling the refined products to emptors will be channelled back for further legal procurement of the crudes.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 14, 2016
saintkash:
license illegal refineries when there never got there crude supply from genuine source? licensing these guys is more or less giving amnesty to them cos there r criminals. .... there activity alone has cost government billions of cash... maybe if the word "amnesty" illegal refinery operators would convince me but not licensing them....

my opinion though.
domack99:
FG can establish mechanisms through which they can source the crudes legitimately, the funds raised from selling selling the refined products to emptors will be channelled back for further legal procurement of the crudes.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:51am On Oct 14, 2016
There is a reason they are called illegal.
We can as well license illegal drug production centers.
Illegal tertiary institutions.
Illegal foods and beverages.

Sometimes I wonder, whether the cause of our problems is in the air we breathe or the water we drink.

This is for those quoting me.

Proudlyngwa:

Boss by your moniker, I believe you are an engineer and also from the east. Just like me. So I will take the pain to explain this gradually so it won't turn to issues of sentiments based on hate.

I have been able to reach some actual so called refineries and this things are nothing close to refineries, they are more of distilleries.
Crude oil products range feom solids i.e plastics , to slurry i.e grease, to heavy fluid engine oil then kero, diesel, petrol , brake fluid and then gas.
What this illegal refinery does is steal crude and then distillate for mostly diesel, kerosine or petrol in its crudest form.
Permit me to say that petrol is just 30% of crude oil, in other words this illegal refineries will be running at a mega loss if they were getting the crude legally.
Also the products of this illegal refineries are dangerous. That is why you have kerosine that explodes because they were not degassed.
Most people don't use condescent for anything but I pass my neighbour generator.
While most heavy duty engines have packed up because of the diesel could not be properly separated from other heavy like fuel .
The waste is not also properly managed as they can't afford standard waste management procedures.

So legalizing them or upgrading them won't just cut as they are completely useless and only survive because of stolen crude so any lawmaker asking for their legalisation needs to have their head examined.

18 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:57am On Oct 14, 2016
blueto:
If they do that it will no more be profitable for the racketeers as their major gain is from stolen crude, refining it just makes it marketable

4 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by wirinet(m): 7:59am On Oct 14, 2016
Only illegal refineries? Why not legalize illegal oil bunkerers and illegal pipeline vandalism. While at it, we can legalize illegal smugglers, fake drug manufacturers,etc. In fact the word illegal should be removed from our laws.

Does the law maker think those drums used to "cook" crude oil equate to refineries? Do they know how much the smallest proper refinery cost in dollars? This law maker wants to destroy the whole environment of the Niger delta.

6 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:02am On Oct 14, 2016
jakiedudu:
That is the way to go. If govt engaged this people making illegal refineries, we did be buying petrol at a much cheaper rate by now.
Most people involved in illegal refining, are into diesel refining, there is a reason you use condescent for only your I pass my neighbour generator.

1 Like

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:03am On Oct 14, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
There is a reason they are called illegal.
We can as well license illegal drug production centers.
Illegal tertiary institutions.
Illegal foods and beverages.

Sometimes I wonder, whether the cause of our problems is in the air we breathe or the water we drink.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your post made my day sincerely

5 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:24am On Oct 14, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your post made my day sincerely
Thanks.
Hoping for a better and greater Eastern region.
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 14, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

If they do that it will no more be profitable for the racketeers as their major gain is from stolen crude, refining it just makes it marketable
It may rebate the profit margin, but it will still be lucrative for present and latent stakeholders, and besides, I believe those crudes are stolen in the first place because FG prohibits and becomes unwilling to sell to the “illegal” refineries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:40am On Oct 14, 2016
blueto:
It may rebate the profit margin, but it will still be lucrative for present and latent stakeholders, and besides, I believe those crudes are stolen in the first place because FG prohibits and becomes unwilling to sell to the “illegal” refineries.
No they are stolen in the first place because those stealing it are criminals.
Have you ever seen an illegal refinery, probably no. Their profit is gotten from the stolen crude.
If they had a way to sell the crude direct, they will its more profitable that way, you think the care about you,
No they only care about money for supremacy, weed wine and women.

5 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by mrvitalis(m): 8:57am On Oct 14, 2016
Seriously how can we make progress when we have leadrrs that think like this??

Go to a mechanic village and see how fast people chnage engines... Oh he thinks thats coincident??

First of all they steal the crude.. . And they refine products with low octate number and this causes a lot of damages to the environment, car and population

Its safer to legalise drugs than illegal refineries

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by mrvitalis(m): 9:08am On Oct 14, 2016
blueto:
Crude refineries are not a very lucrative venture.. . For it to be even lucrative u must make use of all the products in the crude.. . Can a local refinery get u that??

They should apply and buy module refineries for say 100 million dollars.. . I dont even see why ewch state cabt own that

2 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:50am On Oct 14, 2016
mrvitalis:
Seriously how can we make progress when we have leadrrs that think like this??

Go to a mechanic village and see how fast people chnage engines... Oh he thinks thats coincident??

First of all they steal the crude.. . And they refine products with low octate number and this causes a lot of damages to the environment, car and population

Its safer to legalise drugs than illegal refineries

By legalise drugs, do you mean illegal drug production or marijuana.

If it is illegal drug production, outside legalising rape, I doubt anything is worse than that.
If it is marijuana, its long overdue.

3 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by dikeigbo2(m): 9:53am On Oct 14, 2016
The lawmaker is 100% right... Instead of destroying those illegal refineries, let the government partner with them,create enable environment that will be of immense benefits to all...let there be a law regulating their activities... Just imaging the cost of a single turnaround maintanc TAM)...billions of dollars after which it doesn't produce up to an imaginable liters of petrochemicals, its wiser to partner with them.

1 Like

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:54am On Oct 14, 2016
mrvitalis:

Crude refineries are not a very lucrative venture.. . For it to be even lucrative u must make use of all the products in the crude.. . Can a local refinery get u that??

They should apply and buy module refineries for say 100 million dollars.. . I dont even see why ewch state cabt own that

States can own it, but I think its better left for either federal or private institutions, as they states might not comply with federal govt sanctions if the default on regulations,
Though owning it in P-P-P might also be welcomed or state/FG collabo, but not state in its entirety.
Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Bethelwealthy(m): 10:05am On Oct 14, 2016
this is the best legislative opinion ive heard in months...
Regulate and license modular and mini refineries and see sufficiency is just one year......
What the govt couldnt achieve, these guys are suppassing it, even with low budget......
Kudos honourable....

1 Like

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by bayelsaowei(m): 10:09am On Oct 14, 2016
e be like this rep people don dey get sense oo...hmmm...

good one...

let refinery modules be brought into the niger delta creeks and let crude be refined legally to create jobs and to protect the environment...

but why my niger delta leaders no dey think go there??...i wonder...

1 Like

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by bayelsaowei(m): 10:12am On Oct 14, 2016
but why cant each state just manage their own resources??...na crime??...i tire... undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 14, 2016
The Rep member must be a reader of Zikistmovement.com. Months ago the site made the same suggestion. It said in an article, "In the South East and South South, their are operators of private refineries that the Federal Government refuses to encourage.The Government says these refineries are illegal and frequently closes them down. Last week, no less that 13 of them that were closed down by Civil Defence. Why not just legalise them and create standards they must adhere to? I say it again: that the suffering about to hit millions of Nigerians over fuel price increase is not necessary and can be easily averted if the Federal Government quickly legalises the so-called íllegal refineries, as these private refineries can easily bring down the fuel price by tomorrow".

Source: http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2016/05/12/keep-fuel-price-low-y-legalising-the-illegal-refineries

1 Like

Re: License Illegal Refineries - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Tells FG by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 14, 2016
Even Biafra was refining oil in the bush during the unfortunate civil war. Rag-tag militants do same perfectly in the bush but giant of Africa can't do same. Shame

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NNPC To Shut Down Three Refineries For Comprehensive Rehabilitation / Izunaso: Trouble Awaits APC If Buhari Refuses To Run / CUPP Alleges Plan To Frame Up Atiku, Saraki, Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.