Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) (4751 Views)

Is There Ninjatrader Programmer On Nairaland / How Many Clients Have You Gotten From Your Web Development Ad On Nairaland? / Are There No Network Engineers On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2016
I concur, i am however appointing judges at least 2 to oversee this competition. I am just the HOST/SPONSOR, I am too close to many people on this board (and at least half of the contestants), so it wont be fair of me to be a JUDGE.
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by teampregar(m): 5:57pm On Oct 14, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
Teampregar abeg Na professional level you dey oooh
Oboi i be newbie oh, jst because i created tytit u think am a prof? im just a learner who is good at solving problems...
Even me sef no dey on github (stackoverflow, quora and github dey confusing eh)..
4 github u go see things like: repo, pull, push, pull request... Mhen WTF??
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by KvnqPrezo(m): 6:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
teampregar:

Oboi i be newbie oh, jst because i created tytit u think am a prof? im just a learner who is good at solving problems...
Even me sef no dey on github (stackoverflow, quora and github dey confusing eh)..
4 github u go see things like: repo, pull, push, pull request... Mhen WTF??
I don create tire jaweee...
Just wanted drop a project there!
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by adenuga558(m): 6:26pm On Oct 14, 2016
kindly add my name
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 14, 2016
adenuga558:
kindly add my name
Please go to the nomination thread - let us try to follow proper order please. Ordinarily, nomination has closed, we are just extending it a bit.
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by sisqology(m): 4:17am On Oct 15, 2016
For the professional category, it may be tricky. Reasons below:

1. Some professionals may have a lot of task at the moment/till further notice; so, having to create a new project may be a bit off for them. At the same time, it may be used to strip down the number of contestants as it should all be about dedication

2. For newbies, to judge and get points, 0-3 existing projects will do plus a new (very simple) project to crown it. The more "existing" projects, the more points. 3projects maximum. 0 minimum as some may have none. They do not need repositories as many professionals do not even know how to use git and mercurial smiley

3. For the professionals, the following should add more to their points
a. Points on stack overflow
b. Public projects/pair
c. 1-5 existing projects. The more projects, the more points (differentiating between them will be other programmers/judges test and performance results)

Its really tricky especially for the professionals category

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 15, 2016
^^^and so people, I present you with the chief judge of the competition (we are trying to observe fairness here).
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 15, 2016
I am already getting some profiles, I will however wait a bit before publishing the profiles. I will have to edit the profiles so that they can appear uniform a bit and match the judge's specification.
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by guru01(m): 6:21pm On Oct 15, 2016
@dhtml18 please take my profile of the competition. I won't have time to send you a profile and follow up on the thread.
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 15, 2016
^^^just a simple profile, even if it is a single line.

My name is guru, i am a programmer - don do - but if you insist, then i can remove sha
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by guru01(m): 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2016
@dhtml18 I don't understand your meaning of most popular, as for me, I have been around since 2009 and you are the most popular as far as this section is concerned.
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2016
guru01:
@dhtml18 I don't understand your meaning of most popular, as for me, I have been around since 2009 and you are the most popular as far as this section is concerned.
Err, maybe someone else can explain, i am short of words. And i am not the most popular programmer on this section (maybe the most popular TROLL).
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by sisqology(m): 9:48pm On Oct 15, 2016
Most popular looks somehow truly. Same as "best". What about "Most valuable"?
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:32pm On Oct 15, 2016
who no knw dhtml for programming section dey on a long tin
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by guru01(m): 11:20pm On Oct 15, 2016
Why don't it be open source best tool or platform.
Then people should create what is useful for others to benefit. Then we rate rate by most useful.
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
I appreciate those of you that have been sending your profiles. This is going to be interesting.

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
The rate at which profiles are flying in is getting alarming. . . .

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by silento(m): 11:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
dhtml18:
The rate at which profiles are flying in is getting alarming. . . .

u saw my own atlest u go stop calling me a blogger
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
Nay, you are not a blogger my friend - my mistake.
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nmeri17: 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
Even the ones that know their moms won't vote for them go follow dey nominate themselves cheesy cheesy Y'all would end up with miserable singular outcomes. sad embarassed embarassed
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
^^^you just dey run your mouth. I assume you know you are one of the judges. I have been waiting for you to come online.
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nmeri17: 12:29am On Oct 18, 2016
dhtml18:
^^^you just dey run your mouth. I assume you know you are one of the judges. I have been waiting for you to come online.
rara o! I never judge myseff finish sad sad ChinenyeN please help. You're one of the most alturistic members that has trodden these board. Plus, your longevity, persona and incorruptibility in my opinion, makes you the most suitable candidate for the judge job.
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by teampregar(m): 9:13am On Oct 18, 2016
dhtml18 i have sent mine...
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 18, 2016
I have seen it and that of others too.
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by ChinenyeN(m): 1:31am On Oct 19, 2016
Ehn? So there was a popularity contest? What were the parameters?
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 19, 2016
^^^Yeah, uhm those parameters eh - am sending you a PM
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by FincoApps(m): 8:27am On Oct 19, 2016
I'll send mine soon
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by asalimpo(m): 9:58am On Oct 19, 2016
@dhtml
Good job boosting this section by sponsoring and encouraging competition, trolling and stuff.
It wouldav been drier otherwise.
More grease to your elbow. More RAM to your puter.
Most popular- that would be you, obviously.

How about sponsoring a most unpopular/infamous/irritating/annoying programmer? maybe next year?
I know someone who'd win with a landslide.
They would'nt be enough competitors though.
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 19, 2016
Thanks for the compliment bro, as for the most unpopular programmer - information reaching says there will be only one NOMINEE, and even if we RIG in another nominee - that other nominees may not get any voters (other than himself - he may not even for himself causing zero vote - DISASTER)
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by silento(m): 6:26am On Oct 20, 2016
how do we know u received our profile dhtml18 can u send us confirmation message or list name of profile u received here thanks
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 20, 2016
I shall create a thread likely today on list of profiles i have received.
Re: The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) by silento(m): 10:15am On Oct 20, 2016
dhtml18:
I shall create a thread likely today on list of profiles i have received.

thanks CRT guy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Start An Escrow Company, What Do You Think? / How Can I Download Udemy And Linda Courses? finally solved! / I Need Someone To Help Me Create Admob Apps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.