Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,788 members, 7,798,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students (45900 Views)

Student Appreciates Naira Marley In His Final Year Project (Photo) / FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project / UNIZIK ‘Spider Man’ Lecturer Excites His Final Year Students As He Signs Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by Raymondreigns(m): 10:38am On Oct 14, 2016
Broad daylight bribery.. Corruption everywhere!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 14, 2016
If na me be his students and i failed he will return that gift, with this gift i don graduate be that
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by peculiar32(f): 10:41am On Oct 14, 2016
the lecturer must be a very nice man
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by peculiar32(f): 10:42am On Oct 14, 2016
Raymondreigns:
Broad daylight bribery.. Corruption everywhere!!!!!!
person no fit give lecturer gift again
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by saintdennis(m): 10:42am On Oct 14, 2016
Sorry but this is wrong...if they are still students of the school.

Very wrong.

I hope the school authorities take note and launch an inquest.
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by Orapet51: 10:43am On Oct 14, 2016
Just passing...
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by hensonboy: 10:45am On Oct 14, 2016
oboy ehh na water dispenser ooh..
when i was reading de message i thought it was a brand new toyota land cruiser or venza...
anyway de student try small.
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by Dottore: 10:45am On Oct 14, 2016
Now this is gratification and it should be strictly discouraged. This will induce him to award undeserved marks as payback

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by Armaggedon: 10:46am On Oct 14, 2016
ALISMILE:
Subtle Corruption.
you are free to raid his apartment with dss
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by decub: 10:46am On Oct 14, 2016
kristie26:
Ordinary refridgerator....issorait☺☺
It's not ordinary...as a student!
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by Okluv2013: 10:48am On Oct 14, 2016
That means the lecturer didn't collect bribe unlike my suppervisor that's demanding for amount that I dnt have
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by NedalBiggie: 10:52am On Oct 14, 2016
Nice.

Nedal was here!
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by princefaculty(m): 10:54am On Oct 14, 2016
Just thanking them is not enough o, ensure they pass their project colourfully sha
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by starwar(m): 10:54am On Oct 14, 2016
adeaks:
The gift might look small but the gesture and the intention behind it is what matters. If those students have money to buy him a car tomorrow, they'd gladly do it.

Only those who have experienced the other side would understand. My absentee final year project supervisor frustrated the hell out of me. Despite hardly being around to supervise the project he was still telling me that he seriously doubted if I would graduate. If I was to give him a gift I would have seriously considered wrapping a loaded gun and giving it to him as gift. angry
same as myself......na upper cut I go give the mumu as gift

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by MrHenshaw: 10:54am On Oct 14, 2016
DharkPoet:
Are those his students? undecided

No.Visiting Professors!
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by Tedassie(m): 10:57am On Oct 14, 2016
kristie26:
Ordinary refridgerator....issorait☺☺
that ur bf cannot buy for u...eiya
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by Kgdavid(m): 11:00am On Oct 14, 2016
Dongreat:
In a sane education environment, this lecturer will either be suspended or sacked for this. You only take 'congratulatory gifts' (e.g. Happy birthday, happy married life or new baby) from your students as a lecturer and not a 'thank you' gift as it can influence the lecturer decisions while passing grades to that student. What is the right word to summarize this statement above, oh yes, UNETHICAL

I'm not too conversant with the Nigerian system but i can infer that he is only their project supervisor, and not the one to grade the project?
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by boneruns(m): 11:03am On Oct 14, 2016
This guy taught me STA202 at Unizik.

So him still carry this big belle.
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by blimeyVic(m): 11:05am On Oct 14, 2016
Nigerian Institutions!! Totally devoid of academic integrity. Well,he should also publish the projects the said students did .
# I Hope DSS doesn't go after this lecturer too.
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by kristie26(f): 11:09am On Oct 14, 2016
Tedassie:

that ur bf cannot buy for u...eiya
hmmm...I laff
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by kristie26(f): 11:22am On Oct 14, 2016
SammieLowkey:

God abeg no let this one come my lane oo. Na dia kinda lady go dey dia papa house taya because even if u give her ur full salary, get 14inches d1..k, last 2hrs in bed, bring sun to her dormot she no go dey satisfied.
My dear, Learn to appreciate the little things
BTW, it's 'refrigerator'.. You might wanna modify grin
I hear....English teacher, as if u dnt make mistake too. I'm not saying d gift is not OK but now celebrating it as if its one big thing. It happens all d time. Students get gifts for lecturers so...
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by ukehnonny: 11:27am On Oct 14, 2016
Dr. Etaga. He taught me stat 202 back in the days. A very good lecturer.
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 14, 2016
Kgdavid:

I'm not too conversant with the Nigerian system but i can infer that he is only their project supervisor, and not the one to grade the project?

Supervisors actually grade students subject to a random review by a review panel. The panel can downgrade the mark awarded if it's too high and the lecturer cannot justify it.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by supereagle(m): 11:30am On Oct 14, 2016
quote author=kristie26 post=50188766]Ordinary refridgerator....issorait☺☺[/quote]
While can't appreciate the kind gesture and the kind spirit of the students. How many students go back to say thank you to their supportive lecture when they leave.
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by Dongreat(m): 11:33am On Oct 14, 2016
Kgdavid:

Be it Nigerian, USA or Europe system, a project supervisor wield enough power to influence project grades. It is him/her that will say if the project is worthy of A or F, influence external marks. In conclusion a project supervisor also grade. Like said earlier, in an education setting anywhere in the world, this is unethical.
Note here that the project supervisor is the lecturer himself.
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by justmenoni: 11:35am On Oct 14, 2016
Na NEPA go come cos wahala now cos i pass my neighbour can't power that Refrigerator though
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by notoriousbabe: 11:38am On Oct 14, 2016
DharkPoet:
Are those his students? undecided
no they are his biological children
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by Sixthskin(m): 11:40am On Oct 14, 2016
Sharpest response! Your badness is official! Halingx #Thuglife

SammieLowkey:

God abeg no let this one come my lane oo. Na dia kinda lady go dey dia papa house taya because even if u give her ur full salary, get 14inches d1..k, last 2hrs in bed, bring sun to her dormot she no go dey satisfied.
My dear, Learn to appreciate the little things

BTW, it's 'refrigerator'.. You might wanna modify grin

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by athorello(m): 11:42am On Oct 14, 2016
Unless they have graduated this is so wrong..My friend and I only bought wine for our project supervisor during convocation two years later.
I know many project supervisors do ask for things like this. There's this lecturer who used to ask his project students to buy a computer for his office every other year. Lol... Maybe he wanna build personal digital library. Others do ask for flat rates 50k, and so on from their students and they'll still do nothing to facilitate your work. Most instances even lower levels students know what to expect from each assigned project supervisors. So they'll be praying to God to deliver them ahead but some will still fall in their hands. Na wetin I see for uniben and experiences wey my familiars don share with me. Other supervisors will take a flat fee and help you do everything including typesetting and printing. That's how a course mate and another friend did theirs in my final year. A man once shared similar experience of one of his wards at unilag. Similar stories are more common in the polytechnics. No wonder lecturers are building efufices it will take them 20 years to save for within a year or two.
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by SammieLowkey(m): 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
kristie26:
I hear....English teacher, as if u dnt make mistake too. I'm not saying d gift is not OK but now celebrating it as if its one big thing. It happens all d time. Students get gifts for lecturers so...
English teacher kee? Me wey gbagaun like say tomorrow no dey.. grin

Truly, we all make mistakes, no one is infallible. I just couldn't overlook the harshness of ur comment. No gift is 'ordinary'(as you put it)..you didn't buy it remember?

Don't take my comments on NL too seriously Mz. Christy smiley
Re: UNIZIK Lecturer Gets Refrigerator From His Final Year Project Students by joelsekav(m): 12:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
I gave my project supervisor PROF. AGBURU from BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY 10 tubers of yam but he REFUSE to collect.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BOWEN Vs BABCOCK: Students Battle On Twitter (Photos) / UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK / N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.