Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,547 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:46 PM

Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) (58139 Views)

President Buhari And His Wife, Aisha Back In Abuja After Sallah (Photos) / Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics / Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Orikinla(m): 6:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
buffalowings:
You won't find apc supporter on this thread now

Madridguy where are you

See ya president
A Yoruba billionaire CEO of a leading capital corporation told me the same thing when I asked his wife's work.
"He is my housewife. So, she works as my housewife."
And she has a graduate degree and is the first daughter of a former federal minister.
President Muhammadu Buhari speaks like most African men. That is how they see women 24/7.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by martolux(m): 6:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
in Jennifer Lopez's voice " ain't your mama"
Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Doctorfitz: 6:53pm On Oct 14, 2016
Bollinger:

I don't think you do. She is his wife not his property.

Odeh check ur dictionary b4 u quote me unnecessarily..And u mr.knw it all is in d best position to tell a man what he can or can't do with his wife? Misogynist is d word used check it up.
Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Adefemiaderoju1: 6:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
Like seriously i don't see nothing wrong in what Buhari said
Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by pamcode(m): 6:55pm On Oct 14, 2016
Which other room is he referring to. He can't still be performing there now?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Orikinla(m): 6:55pm On Oct 14, 2016
charlydamianpat:
see gobe......Aisha ntoor

Aisha 4
Buhari 2.

#TeamAishaBuhari.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by tonio2wo: 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2016
dotcomnamename:
She was interviewed by the BBC and everyone including sworn wailers listened to a sound and educated first lady.Either you like or hate her she spoke her opinion of what she feels about what is going on in the country.
Thanks to God for the first educated first lady in 8yrs.
Wailers can take over from here.

In hausa language!! Dude. We did not listen to it we read the translated script. Scripted by an interpreter. Educated ko!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
jaywhoco:
word
Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Bollinger(m): 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
Doctorfitz:

Odeh check ur dictionary b4 u quote me unnecessarily..And u mr.knw it all is in d best position to tell a man what he can or can't do with his wife? Misogynist is d word used check it up.

When you say "my wife belongs in my kitchen", you are basically implying you own them. You wouldn't understand because it is the African way of thinking that has been groomed into you all. In a normal society, you can't tell anyone they belong in a certain group or place. Everyone is free to do or be whatever they want. In this case, especially coming from a Nigeria man, where the dislike for women attaining certain roles, it is misogyny. There is a reason every major news outlet is not focusing on what Aisha buhari said but what your president said. They are laughing at Nigeria. Because you too mumu you will not understand.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by riddler4real(m): 7:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
lalasticlala:
Speaking on his wife's BBC interview, President Buhari said,

"I don't know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBf3Ye7KDpU

This guy is witty

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Charly68: 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
This baba should wake up and address issues,nobody can give him genuine counsel than his wife.. Whether she belongs to his kitchen or not,they are in governance together..if he messes up today,it will affect everything the woman & her children stands for. This old-time subservient relationship between husband & wife does not work again. Ask President Obama,he would tell you his wife is his best adviser . It is a woman that is leading Germany now,nobody can claim she belongs to the kitchen. Wake up Baba ! Wake up!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Adminisher: 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
Pavore9:
He really goofed big time! angry

Goof ke?. This is an overreaction to powerful first ladies of Yaradua and Jonathan era. He is saying something serious here.
Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by oluwaseun239(m): 7:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
2dugged:
aisha is a stupid fouled mouthed idiot who called all Edo girls prostitutes during the presidential campaign, and her husband buhari is a chauvinistic misogynistic dullard who has a bunch of clueless economic team that seem not to have any solution to our ailing economy, simple
There is nothing SIMPLE about this post
Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by ObaKlaz: 7:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
Xhaka100:
wasted sp_rm.
Be careful how you quote people here. I really should just let that slide, but since you've chosen to be uncouth, then I'll just tell you this: Your family tree must be a cactus, 'cos everyone on it is a PRICK.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by BlackBaron: 7:08pm On Oct 14, 2016
I know one thing for sure now.

Mr Buhari would lose at the 2019 polls. shocked

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by flokii: 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
At least he is not ineffectual like the previous one whose wife was in control all thru..

PMB should av just said.. no comments on that. But still nothing spoil sha, only dummies will make a big fuss of d whole ish.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by luckyz4rea(m): 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
Before we crucify the old man for his statement, how many homes do we know in Nigeria that women are not responsible for all that buhari said about his wife?

what he said may be wrong but it points to about 95% or more of what happens in our homes!
Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by pjsmart(m): 7:12pm On Oct 14, 2016
Am only interested in the other room. wetin dey happen there Sir?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Ghost01(m): 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2016
Jesus wept.
Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Forwetinnah: 7:22pm On Oct 14, 2016
....and him supporters dey call Donald Trump names, now all of them dey yarn dust!!

So Aisha wey belong to the kitchen naim wan face Fayose? She can't even face an 83 year old cattle herder

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Boring: 7:22pm On Oct 14, 2016
Lmao hell of a country

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Forwetinnah: 7:23pm On Oct 14, 2016
pjsmart:
Am only interested in the other room. wetin dey happen there Sir?

That's where she meets other "functioning men", bubu isn't functioning* tongue

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by MattFreeman007(m): 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2016
First And Foremost.... It Was Belonged To Nobody But To Every Body, Later On Ministers Are Noisemaker; Then Judiciary Was My Headache; Later On, Nigerians Are Corrupt; Now Now Aisha Your Wife Newly Appointed Board Chairperson Of You Kitchen, Living Room Other Room Cabinet...Nigerians, The gods Are No To Blamed For Buhariii....!!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Bobmaintain: 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2016
Buhari never ceases to amaze me. I'm not disappointed!

Meanwhile, I'm beginning to believe Reuben Abati's revelations about Aso Villa.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by totorimi: 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2016
Thats fair enough, thats how they treat women over there, no regards no respect no dignity. Belong to Kitchen and living room, doesnt she have an independent mind of her own, didnt she go to school to be somebody in life. So all she is living for is to belong to kitchen and bedroom and living room chai chai chai, some women have really suffered. So if Buhari had been Obama, then Michelle Obama wont have seen the daylight she would have been confined to kitchen. Little wonder then she has been struggling to live like the others but this man abinitio has abolished her office.

The woman better liberate herself and make a mark in this time, setup an NGO to cater for the well-being of children and women and leave that man that didn't go to school to be wallowing in self delusion.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by UnknownT: 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2016
dotcomnamename:
She was interviewed by the BBC and everyone including sworn wailers listened to a sound and educated first lady.Either you like or hate her she spoke her opinion of what she feels about what is going on in the country.
Oga calm down, the interview was done in Hausa.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Petbuk122(m): 7:34pm On Oct 14, 2016
Definition of a rigid nigeria man. Continue working like a programmed robbot

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by buffalowings: 7:36pm On Oct 14, 2016
Orikinla:

A Yoruba billionaire CEO of a leading capital corporation told me the same thing when I asked his wife's work.
"He is my housewife. So, she works as my housewife."
And she has a graduate degree and is the first daughter of a former federal minister.
President Muhammadu Buhari speaks like most African men. That is how they see women 24/7.

Well, I'm different

When you are in the eyes of the world you don't spew such nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Tedassie(m): 7:36pm On Oct 14, 2016
Billyonaire:
Seriously ? Is my President saying that women are incapable of rational thinking and of political reasoning ? So, a woman education ends in the kitchen, making food for a man, and arranging the sitting room and sleeping with him in the bedroom ?

This is not right.
Isn't it glaring enough that YOUR president still has this parochial mindset towards women in a political arena...Just take a look at his cabinet alone&compare with the previous admin......stark under-representation of women! Yet u ppl didn't protest that one o

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by maestro299: 7:37pm On Oct 14, 2016
dotcomnamename:
Her husband, the president, did not take kindly to her rantings. So by your logic, Buhari is also a wailer?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) by Ofornaira: 7:39pm On Oct 14, 2016
Bola tinibu will frown at this. He was the one who persuaded aisha to campaign for bubu thinking that with her by his side, he could have access to bubu. But what has tinibu done to deserve this from bubu nah? That is what happens to over ambitious people like him. Wole Soyika warned him but his love for power couldn't allow him listen. What a big loss! undecidedBola tinibu will frown at this. He was the one who persuaded aisha to campaign for bubu thinking that with her by his side, he could have access to bubu. But what has tinibu done to deserve this from bubu nah? That is what happens to over ambitious people like him. Wole Soyika warned him but his love for power couldn't allow him listen. What a big loss!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

MIT Confirms Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour's Certificate / Ini Edo Says She Hasn't Been Trying To Bleach, Shares Why She Has Been Depressed / Dino Melaye Defects To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.