Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,077 members, 7,807,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars (46474 Views)

PMB: Just Like The Mills Of The Gods- Femi Adesina / Buhari And Merkel Laughing Off Aisha’s BBC Interview (Photos) / Saraki Reacts To Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by eaglechild: 7:53pm On Oct 15, 2016
We can have support for someone without embracing sycophancy.

Buhari made a monumental blunder and no amount of wordplay can reverse that.

His statement was demeaning and unexpected from a president. The action from him is to apologize or clarify his statement. That is what great leaders do.

I wonder where Hillary would have been if Bill said she belonged to the kitchen.

3 Likes

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Image123(m): 7:57pm On Oct 15, 2016
Truth234:

If she is a wife of a prominent politician that has contested for the office four times during that 27 years and campaigned for 16 years across all the Nigerian states with him. It is logical she have an idea of these people if they are indeed active in their various jurisdictions.

Wouldn't that be nepotism? Even companies don't hire only people that the CEO and his wife know. I'm 110% with passingshot on the fact that Aisha goofed. She said everybody knows, then nobody knows. She made little sense. The president also made probably the biggest gaffe of his administration with his reply. He gave live ammo to detractors. Zero diplomacy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Image123(m): 8:01pm On Oct 15, 2016
eaglechild:
We can have support for someone without embracing sycophancy.

Buhari made a monumental blunder and no amount of wordplay can reverse that.

His statement was demeaning and unexpected from a president. The action from him is to apologize or clarify his statement. That is what great leaders do.

I wonder where Hillary would have been if Bill said she belonged to the kitchen.

Aisha also needs to keep quiet and find something sane to do. She just tripped her husband big time, huge disappointment. Even Fayose, PDP and other evil wishers didn't trip him or cause him such stumble.
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by kodded(m): 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2016
[s]
Boyooosa:

I knew it even before texted you that your existence shouldn't depend on a bag of rice. Your LIKES dropped from 196 to 1. What happened?

People corrected themselves or what?
[/s] so my 'likes' is giving you severe heart attack abi ? undecided

have you checked that comment again , it has passed 200 hope you will not commit suicide tongue
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Boyooosa(m): 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2016
kodded:
[s][/s] so my 'likes' is giving you severe heart attack abi ? undecided

have you checked that comment again , it has passed 200 hope you will not commit suicide tongue
The current one has no like, all i care for! My mission is to re-orientate LIKES gifters!
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Olabantu(m): 9:19pm On Oct 15, 2016
PassingShot:

Someone asked a question and I answered it as I would handle it.

Women, more than men, would die for power, influence and authority even when having the whole wealth in this world.
Then can you please tell me the power that comes with the office of the first lady that she doesn't have or enjoy.......
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by mikolo80: 11:11pm On Oct 15, 2016
kodded:

not surprised like buhari like supporters.... bunch of dulllardos undecided undecided undecided

may your wives tackle you all the days of your life
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by mikolo80: 11:15pm On Oct 15, 2016
Truth234:
To be honest, there are no valid points here except the number 2. all points are valid
And none of yours is
When Obama administration appointed Hillary Clinton as a Secretary of State, it wasn't because she was the only qualified candidate for the job, but because of the mutual understanding Obama and Hillary share in terms of ideology to move the nation forward. I put this to you, if these set of people are passionate about Nigerian situation, how come they don't have common voters card? Hence, there is need to know your ministers reasonable enough, not just based on recommendation of some powerful inner cabal.
don't fool yourself
She was being prepared for 2016
Same as he was prepared by godfathers during Kerry election bid

Again, she is not arrogant, she seems to be an honest person that is ready to call a spade a spade. pie is very arrogant
27 years of marriage does not make her a kingmaker

If you are supporting Buhari anti-corruption stand, I see no reason you shouldn't respect this amazing woman for risking everything to safeguard the nation from certain set of people.
what set of ppl
Lastly, if a western president referred to his wife like our president did while sitting beside Angela Merkel. Media will call for his head. But as this is Nigeria, where sentiment is above sense of reasoning. It is normal to relegate our beautiful queens to the kitchen, after all what does a woman know.
that is the west
This is Nigeria
Do you see the difference? West
Nigeria different spelling hence different culture
Ask them in China or Japan

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:45am On Oct 16, 2016
Truth234:
To be honest, there are no valid points here except the number 2. When Obama administration appointed Hillary Clinton as a Secretary of State, it wasn't because she was the only qualified candidate for the job, but because of the mutual understanding Obama and Hillary share in terms of ideology to move the nation forward. I put this to you, if these set of people are passionate about Nigerian situation, how come they don't have common voters card? Hence, there is need to know your ministers reasonable enough, not just based on recommendation of some powerful inner cabal.

Again, she is not arrogant, she seems to be an honest person that is ready to call a spade a spade. If you are supporting Buhari anti-corruption stand, I see no reason you shouldn't respect this amazing woman for risking everything to safeguard the nation from certain set of people.

Lastly, if a western president referred to his wife like our president did while sitting beside Angela Merkel. Media will call for his head. But as this is Nigeria, where sentiment is above sense of reasoning. It is normal to relegate our beautiful queens to the kitchen, after all what does a woman know.

This is not a matter of relegating woman to the kitchen, PMB is just trying to tell people Aisha is still his wife no matter her political affiliation. If PMB want to relegate her to the kitchen he won't sponsor her education in the first place.

Now let me tell you this, most of those that ruin GEJ government are woman starting from his wife, Why will a wife of a president want to know those he appointed? Why did Aisha want to know them what for? So as to start controlling them same way Patience Jonathan did? When Yaradua was in his sick bed Turai want to be in control of the Government is that normal in a political setting? Patience Jonathan ask a state Governor to shut up is that normal? Give a woman 40% power in government and that government will collapse due to their arrogance.
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:49am On Oct 16, 2016
PassingShot:

Aisha has allowed herself to be used by greedy politicians. I hope she survives this.

I hope so, I hope something drastic won't happen when PMB return from his trip, I hope it won't lead to divorce cos what she just did is like trying to have superiority over her husband just like patience over Jonathan.

Mind you most of those in support of Aisha now are those who have been calling for her head over the years........

WAILERS.
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:51am On Oct 16, 2016
Wizzyblack3:

Nobody is using her, that's just the truth about bubu's government but for her making it public is her only fault. Let's wait and see how things plays out.

Oh so you mean Aisha should have submitted list of those PMB should use in his Government? What's Aisha concern about who PMB appoint?
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:55am On Oct 16, 2016
PassingShot:

Saying she doesn't know the people appointed gave her away as being used. Does she need to know them? Think it deep!

Don't mind those who is in her defense, Padi paid government brought us to where we are today, why most she know them what for? To screen them? To approve their appointment? Maybe Aisha as her own list of those she want to appoint.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:57am On Oct 16, 2016
PassingShot:

I'm paid per word not even per post.

It's either you're not fit to argue intelligently or you can't fault the post.

Find your level elsewhere.

Hahhaa her level was probably in an hairdressing salon. Hahah
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:59am On Oct 16, 2016
Truth234:

If she is a wife of a prominent politician that has contested for the office four times during that 27 years and campaigned for 16 years across all the Nigerian states with him. It is logical she have an idea of these people if they are indeed active in their various jurisdictions.

And did you see Aisha anywhere near Buhari campaign train in 2003,2007,2011. Even in 2015 PMB reluctantly agreed to let her go out and campaign.
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by pressplay411(m): 6:53am On Oct 16, 2016
kodded:

not surprised like buhari like supporters.... bunch of dulllardos undecided undecided undecided
smh apparently you have no opinion except to keep on wailing.
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by pressplay411(m): 7:13am On Oct 16, 2016
PassingShot:
We’ve all been inundated by the interview granted BBC by the president’s wife which revealed personal and political happenings within the household of the Buharis. In response to the interview, we’ve also heard the president remark that his wife belongs in his kitchen and other rooms.

Facts Only
The campaign promise is 180 degrees from what we're getting. Clear depiction of Incompetence on the part of this govt.

Obviously Aisha is having to contend with a lot of backlash for her husband's administration's incompetence albeit not entirely his fault. In her shoes most wives wives would do worse. She only expressed her honest position.
Saying she won't campaign with him if things don't "change" isn't an act of defiance or arrogance but the kind of words that should motivate a serious and committed President.
That said I believe she's directly or indirectly won the confidence of the women she solicited their votes.

PMB's swipe at his wife by relegating her to domestic duties is a hard and tasteless pill to swallow. Especially considering he said that in a country with an incumbent Female president.

It is simply indefensible.
But that does not reflect his generic view on women but specifically his wife.
Judging from his action and not his words, we can attest to the fact he has women holding ministerial offices. So he's not a misogynist.
He was obviously disappointment at his wife's "disloyalty".
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by kodded(m): 7:15am On Oct 16, 2016
mikolo80:
may your wives tackle you all the days of your life
may your children call your gateman 'dad' undecided
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by mikolo80: 7:17am On Oct 16, 2016
kodded:
may you bury your children undecided
m
Shebi na you de push for anoda man's wife to tackle him on international TV abi you're a victim that is looking for other beta makes to join you in the suffering that is spousal abuse
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by davidif: 8:09am On Oct 16, 2016
Truth234:
To be honest, there are no valid points here except the number 2. When Obama administration appointed Hillary Clinton as a Secretary of State, it wasn't because she was the only qualified candidate for the job, but because of the mutual understanding Obama and Hillary share in terms of ideology to move the nation forward. I put this to you, if these set of people are passionate about Nigerian situation, how come they don't have common voters card? Hence, there is need to know your ministers reasonable enough, not just based on recommendation of some powerful inner cabal.

Again, she is not arrogant, she seems to be an honest person that is ready to call a spade a spade. If you are supporting Buhari anti-corruption stand, I see no reason you shouldn't respect this amazing woman for risking everything to safeguard the nation from certain set of people.

Wrong! How many people did Obama know that he appointed to his cabinet apart from Hillary? How many people on Bill Clinton's staff did he know before appointing them to serve in very powerful position in the country again?

Abeg, as long as the right people get put in the right place that's all that matters. The President doesn't need to know them, NEITHER should his wife.
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by davidif: 8:19am On Oct 16, 2016
Pidggin:
This is when you will know those who are paid to defend the government.

OP, I dey follow you collect Buhari money every month?

Wrong! How many people did Obama know that he appointed to his cabinet apart from Hillary? Uhn? I highly doubt if he personally knew Ken Salazar, Robert Gates (George Bush's defense secretary), Paul Volcker, Christina Romer, Hilda Solis, Steven Chu.
What of Bill Clinton? How many people on his cabinet did he know before appointing them to serve in very powerful positions in the country again?

Abeg, as long as the right people get put in the right place that's all that matters. The President doesn't need to know them, [b]NEITHER [/b]should his wife.
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by instinct57vm(m): 11:20am On Oct 16, 2016
As much as I respect your opinion on this issue coz evryone is entitled to dere opinions..

however, a Yoruba adage says, "Eni ija o ba, lo n pe ara e lokunrin"

if you are not Yoruba, it means..."whoever doesn't find himslf/herslf in a situation of a troubled man is always the strongest.

Now put urself in Buhari's shoes, not as a president but even as the Mrnobody u are...and your wife or relative comes out to speak against you in that manner....THAT IS THE HEIGHT OF BETRAYED and only a bastard would not react.

Infact i'll commend Buhari for turning the focus away from Aisha with that statement to play down the betrayed act.

lastly, nothing has changed she since uttered the statement, that tells you we should always tink twice before we utter statements...she could have acted in silence and resign as the firstlady. that will be more respectable.

afterall we voted for Buhari not Aisha nor any first lady.

And for comparisons of Nigeria to the diaspora, I think it doesn't apply....we are Nigeria and our culture and laws are different. "Why shouldn't gay be legalized here coz America legalized gay all in the name of comparisons??"...the comparison btw nations culture and laws is crap"

1 Like

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by dami212: 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
PassingShot:
We’ve all been inundated by the interview granted BBC by the president’s wife which revealed personal and political happenings within the household of the Buharis. In response to the interview, we’ve also heard the president remark that his wife belongs in his kitchen and other rooms in his house. Without mincing words, I make bold to say that the president’s wife has lost much of the respect she used to command by her act and has made a bad situation far worse. On the other hand, the revelation has made my love for the president to increase.

Prior to the election of March 2015, GMB, as he was known then, made unambiguous statement on several occasions that “there won’t be an Office of the First Lady” if he became president. Majority of Nigerians applauded the statement on the strength of what past First Ladies had caused the country. We know of First Ladies who practically ordered appointed ministers around. We saw a First Lady embarrass a sitting governor. We saw many First Ladies having their own multitude of staff. The past First Ladies used to have budget drawn out for their office even though the Constitution of Nigeria has no recognition for such. These are only a few of many anomalies that were done in the name of Office of the First Lady. So, when PMB made the statement then, he clearly wanted to depart from that culture of impunity and Nigerians loved him for it.

In the said interview, Aisha clearly expressed frustrations at not having undue influence on the man appointed by Nigerians to do a job. She obviously is not having enough say on how ministers, DGs and other top government officials are appointed and this has disappointment her a great deal. Just like the Lagos Assembly shamelessly revealed their frustration about PMB not consulting with Tinubu on appointments, Aisha thought it right to express similar frustration but in the worst possible manner.

Let's Examine Key Statements of Her Interview:
1. "The president does not know 45 out of 50, for example, of the people he appointed and I don't know them either, despite being his wife of 27 years."

This clearly shows Aisha’s disposition to have undue influence on appointments. If not, why does the president need to know those who work for him or the country? What is important is those people’s qualifications and ability to do the job. Why should the appointees be known to Aisha on the strength of being the president’s wife of 27 years? This statement by the president’s wife reveals a lot about why/how the past First Ladies and their husbands appointed incompetent political jobbers to positions.

2. "Some people are sitting down in their homes folding their arms only for them to be called to come and head an agency or a ministerial position."

If anything, this is a positive on the part of the president. This simply means “no one needs to lobby for an appointment under Buhari once they’re qualified to do the job”. Won’t any reasonable being love the man?

3. "He is yet to tell me but I have decided as his wife, that if things continue like this up to 2019, I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before. I will never do it again."

This is about the most ridiculous of all her statements! It smells arrogance and pompousness. Who makes who? Who is known in the political arena? It is because of Muhammadu Buhari that we got to know Aisha Buhari. It is Muhammadu Buhari that’s the politician and not Aisha Buhari. Buhari won the last election not because his Aisha was on the campaign train even though she might have swayed a few voters. In fact, report had it that PMB was reluctant to allow Aisha join the campaign train but for Tinubu’s intervention. So, it is overestimation of her contribution to her husband’s success at the polls to make this statement because she has no political structure or clout to wield such influence.

As I said earlier, PMB by this development has earned further respect from me and many like me. He has proved over and over that he cannot be dictated to whether you are a Tinubu, Obasanjo or even the person who many would have thought could be used to get him – Aisha his wife and mother of four of his children. PMB has once again proved to be a man of principle and high moral standards! This is the kind of leader Nigeria needs to get out of the mess bestowed on us by undue interference from those close to past presidents.

PMB’s “Aisha Belongs to My Kitchen” Comment
As unnecessary as the response from the president might seem, one has to put himself in a position of a man, the president of the most populous black nation on earth, whose wife has become rebellious and a political foe (frenemy sort of) ready to crash the castle built over many years. I must even commend him for finding the strength to beam with laughter when answering question on his wife’s interview.
The president’s comment at that time couldn’t have been better worded to a wife who behaved with arrogance and insubordination. To make it clear to the bigots and hypocrites, a wife’s primary place is in the kitchen and her husband’s home. Any and every other duty is secondary to that.

Yes, our wives are educated, work and participate in governance and Aisha Buhari’s case is no different as she’s known to have been educated by the same man she’s trying hard to destroy now. We all know Aisha had a beauty salon/spa and a few other businesses before PMB became president. PMB has appointed a few women into high position in his administration. We also know that his daughters are educated. Clearly, all these are a proof that the president is not someone who does not believe in women’s ability to be equal to that of men in every aspect of life.
However, if a woman thinks she has a right to have undue and unwanted influence in a man’s job/life, there is nothing wrong in putting such women where they primarily belong - the kitchen and other rooms.

What Aisha did is capable of ruining her marriage and she will be the ultimate loser at the end of it. If that happens, all those urging her on will not be there to console her or offer any help. I could have asked her to ask PMB’s first wife (Safinatu of blessed memory) if she regretted accepting money from IBB who was holding her husband in a cell. Surely, she must have regretted her action one way or the other.
I oboi u b really MUMU? Woman wey dey f.ck d man don com out criticize him govt. she has a lot to lose and gain. U ve not even met him before and u will never meet him and u are here talking rubbish about here. Ur story does not even need civil contribution at all. U guys just disgust me wen u support blindly. I truly love the igbos because they are always straight to d point.

Civil contribution is appreciated
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by KoldKash(m): 7:58am On Oct 17, 2016
Admin401:

Why not locate your dictionary and find out the difference between equal and superior.

That's the exact point in my sacarsm!

The crave for gender equality is the bane of marital dysfunction in our society today-and it's imported from the Western world.
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Ballmer: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2016
PassingShot:
[s][/s]
GEJ crashed the economy. Nothing happening now that was not predicted by eminent Economist.
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Ofemmanu1: 6:54pm On Mar 16, 2019
The woman got things wrong.. I am not in support of buhari either but she is supposed not to say all that in public.
This has now become family feuds.

Hello brother,

I've been looking for you!
I need your help
pls write back

thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

President Buhari And Bashir Usman Tofa Meet In London (Photos) / Buhari Address To The Nation. / Covenant University Students Voting Fela Durotoye In Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.