Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,500 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

What Happens When Your Wife Becomes A New Mom - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens When Your Wife Becomes A New Mom (1536 Views)

How My Mom Ruined My Life / Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules / Would You Let Your Wife Wear This Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When Your Wife Becomes A New Mom by Ayodeleayowole: 12:31pm On Oct 15, 2016
There is a whole lot of transformation that stems from being new parents. Definitely some of us must have been conversant with articles and books that probably has been our guide to developing into wonderful parents and building up a happy home and marriage.

However, understanding how best to play your role as a husband and a father is extremely important. Here are some things you probably don’t know about your wife as a first time mom.

She doesn’t like her new appearance

This might sound ridiculous to you but getting to realize that her body isn’t the same anymore could be really delivery disheartening, sequel to her post delivery changes.

With the fats stored up in the wrong places, the stretch marks all over her belly and the difficulty in fitting into her pre-pregnancy wears she gradually starts to feel ugly.

At this time she needs you to encourage her and make her know that you still love her and that you’re head over heels in love with her appearance as much as you were when you both met initially.

Understand that she needs your assistance

She needs to be there for her, much more than you have ever been, no matter how well she is fast growing into a wonderful and amazing mom, she needs you both to put much effort into becoming wonderful parents, she wants to know always that she can rely on you to achieve the complete goal of parenting. Understand that she wants you to help out and carry out your role as a father without being asked to do so.

Much of her attention would first be directed at her child

she is definitely going to focus more attention on your baby once it comes, being obsessed with trying to show it so much love and care. This should not make you feel less loved or uncomfortable, this just would take some time until her focus on the baby is relaxed.

She loves you better

Knowing that you both have a child together makes her love for you grow even more. This would help make your bond stronger and it helps her to grow a better sense of accountability towards you.

She needs sometime to rest

Understand that her body needs some time to rest, you could help out by engaging in some household chores and ensuring that she takes subsequent naps.

Source: http://www.naijapr.com/what-happens-when-your-wife-becomes-a-new-mom/
Re: What Happens When Your Wife Becomes A New Mom by Eesha: 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2016
And sex drive takes a nose dive. You forgot that grin
Re: What Happens When Your Wife Becomes A New Mom by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2016
Na only sex full man brain, nothing else. rubbish! undecided
Eesha:
And sex drive takes a nose dive. You forgot that grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When Your Wife Becomes A New Mom by Eesha: 6:27am On Oct 16, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Na only sex full man brain, nothing else. rubbish! undecided
Girl if u have gone thru child birth I'm sure you'll understand what I'm talking about. But I guess not undecided

1 Like

Re: What Happens When Your Wife Becomes A New Mom by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
What does child birth have to do with a man sexual desire
Eesha:
Girl if u have gone thru child birth I'm sure you'll understand what I'm talking about. But I guess not undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When Your Wife Becomes A New Mom by Eesha: 2:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
ItsQuinn:
What does child birth have to do with a man sexual desire
who is talking about d man angry surely u would not assume I said when a man goes thru child birth undecided

1 Like

Re: What Happens When Your Wife Becomes A New Mom by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
Seriously?! A woman that went through all that birth pain can crave for sex? How please? ....what about the soreness? sad
Eesha:
who is talking about d man angry surely u would not assume I said when a man goes thru child birth undecided
Re: What Happens When Your Wife Becomes A New Mom by Eesha: 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Seriously?! A woman that went through all that birth pain can crave for sex? How please? ....what about the soreness? sad
lol. Like I said in my first comment, our sex drive takes a nose dive. It's almost non existent so our DH take a chill pill for about 2 months, and maybe more. Some of us experience it worse as post partum depression compounds the woes. But it's all part of being a woman and mother wink

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When Your Wife Becomes A New Mom by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
Okay smiley
Eesha:
lol. Like I said in my first comment, our sex drive takes a nose dive. It's almost non existent so our DH take a chill pill for about 2 months, and maybe more. Some of us experience it worse as post partum depression compounds the woes. But it's all part of being a woman and mother wink
Re: What Happens When Your Wife Becomes A New Mom by SirVintageCock: 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
You become a new Dad with new sets of demands that may cripple you and shrivel your di.ck.

(1) (Reply)

The Sayana Press Magic / BREAKING! Dstv, Gotv Break Silence Over Social Media Reports / If Someone Beat Your Wife Like This What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.