Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,015 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:30 AM

Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. (3634 Views)

Some Qualities Of A Good Muslim In Light Of The Glorious Quran / Im In Search For A Good Muslim Guy For A Serious A Relationship / We Shouldn't Refer To Scholars Of Islam For Matters Of The Deen??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. by Kunle28: 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2016
1) Prohibition of Harming Neighbours: The Prophet, (Peace and blessings be upon him) said: "By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer.’’ It was asked, "Who is that, O Messenger of Allah?’’ He said, "One whose neighbour does not feel safe from his evil" (Sahih Bukhari).

2) Recommendation to treat neighbours well: The Messenger of Allah, (Peace and blessings be upon him), said: "Jibril kept recommending me to treat my neighbour well until I thought that he would tell me to make him one of my heirs" (Bukhari: 6014).

3) Caring for your neighbours: Abu Dharr, May Allah be pleased with him, reported: The Messenger of Allah, (Peace and blessings be upon him), commanded me thus, "O Abu Dharr! Whenever you prepare a broth, put plenty of water in it, and give some of it to your neighbours" (Sahih Muslim).

4) Co-operation with your neighbours: Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the messenger of Allah, (Peace and blessings be upon him), said: "No-one should prevent his neighbour from fixing a wooden peg in his wall." Abu Huraira said (to his companions), "Why do I find you averse to it? By Allah, I certainly will narrate it to you" (Sahih Bukhari),

5) Do not eat your full while your neighbour is hungry: The Messenger of Allah, (Peace and blessings be upon him) says:" He is not a believer who eats his fill whilst his neighbour beside him goes hungry" (Bukhari).

6) Never scorn your neighbour’s gift: Sahih Abu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet, (Peace and blessings be upon him), used to say: "O Muslim women! No one should scorn the gift of a neighbour, even if it is (only) a sheep’s foot" (Bukhari: 6017).

7) Harming a neighbour may lead to Hell-fire: Abu Hurayra, may Allah be pleased with him reported: A man asked, "O Messenger of Allah! There is a woman who prays, gives charity and fasts a great deal, but she harms her neighbours with her speech (by insulting them)" He said: "She will go to hell". The man said: "O messenger of Allah! There is (another) woman who is well-known for how little she fasts and prays, but she gives charity from the dried yoghurt she makes and she does not harm her neighbours". He said: "She will go to paradise" (Ahmad, vol. 4, p. 166, Ibn Hibban, hadith no. 2054).

cool Tolerance when treating neighbours: Mutarrif said: "I heard that you (he means Abu Dharr, may Allah be pleased with him) have said that the Prophet, (Peace and blessings be upon him), said: "Allah loves three and hates three.’"

Abu Dharr said, "I do not think that I would tell lies about the Messenger of Allah."

Mutarrif said, "Then who are the three whom Allah loves?" Abu Dharr (quoting the Prophet, (Peace and blessings be upon him)) said: "A man who fights for the sake of Allah, with perseverance and hoping for reward from Him, and fights until he is killed, and you find this in the Book of Allah.’ Then he recited: “Truly Allah loves those who fight in His cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure.” [al-Saff 61:4] Mutarrif asked, “Then who?”

He said, “A man who has a bad neighbour who annoys and disturbs him, but he bears it with patience and forbearance until Allah ends the matter either during his lifetime or upon the death of either of them.”

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. by Kunle28: 10:31am On Jan 20, 2017
Kunle28:
1) Prohibition of Harming Neighbours: The Prophet, (Peace and blessings be upon him) said: "By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer.’’ It was asked, "Who is that, O Messenger of Allah?’’ He said, "One whose neighbour does not feel safe from his evil" (Sahih Bukhari).

2) Recommendation to treat neighbours well: The Messenger of Allah, (Peace and blessings be upon him), said: "Jibril kept recommending me to treat my neighbour well until I thought that he would tell me to make him one of my heirs" (Bukhari: 6014).

3) Caring for your neighbours: Abu Dharr, May Allah be pleased with him, reported: The Messenger of Allah, (Peace and blessings be upon him), commanded me thus, "O Abu Dharr! Whenever you prepare a broth, put plenty of water in it, and give some of it to your neighbours" (Sahih Muslim).

4) Co-operation with your neighbours: Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the messenger of Allah, (Peace and blessings be upon him), said: "No-one should prevent his neighbour from fixing a wooden peg in his wall." Abu Huraira said (to his companions), "Why do I find you averse to it? By Allah, I certainly will narrate it to you" (Sahih Bukhari),

5) Do not eat your full while your neighbour is hungry: The Messenger of Allah, (Peace and blessings be upon him) says:" He is not a believer who eats his fill whilst his neighbour beside him goes hungry" (Bukhari).

6) Never scorn your neighbour’s gift: Sahih Abu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet, (Peace and blessings be upon him), used to say: "O Muslim women! No one should scorn the gift of a neighbour, even if it is (only) a sheep’s foot" (Bukhari: 6017).

7) Harming a neighbour may lead to Hell-fire: Abu Hurayra, may Allah be pleased with him reported: A man asked, "O Messenger of Allah! There is a woman who prays, gives charity and fasts a great deal, but she harms her neighbours with her speech (by insulting them)" He said: "She will go to hell". The man said: "O messenger of Allah! There is (another) woman who is well-known for how little she fasts and prays, but she gives charity from the dried yoghurt she makes and she does not harm her neighbours". He said: "She will go to paradise" (Ahmad, vol. 4, p. 166, Ibn Hibban, hadith no. 2054).

cool Tolerance when treating neighbours: Mutarrif said: "I heard that you (he means Abu Dharr, may Allah be pleased with him) have said that the Prophet, (Peace and blessings be upon him), said: "Allah loves three and hates three.’"

Abu Dharr said, "I do not think that I would tell lies about the Messenger of Allah."

Mutarrif said, "Then who are the three whom Allah loves?" Abu Dharr (quoting the Prophet, (Peace and blessings be upon him)) said: "A man who fights for the sake of Allah, with perseverance and hoping for reward from Him, and fights until he is killed, and you find this in the Book of Allah.’ Then he recited: “Truly Allah loves those who fight in His cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure.” [al-Saff 61:4] Mutarrif asked, “Then who?”

He said, “A man who has a bad neighbour who annoys and disturbs him, but he bears it with patience and forbearance until Allah ends the matter either during his lifetime or upon the death of either of them.”
Re: Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 20, 2017
No
Re: Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. by aminusanti(m): 11:35am On Jan 20, 2017
Jazakallah Hair

1 Like

Re: Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. by akandry: 11:42am On Jan 20, 2017
Jazakumullahu khiran

1 Like

Re: Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. by xhalakoh: 11:45am On Jan 20, 2017
(sallalahu Alayih wa salam). . . Surely, Islam is a religion of peace.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. by olaridwan(m): 11:46am On Jan 20, 2017
good
Re: Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. by ayatt(m): 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
Good...Ya Allah help us!
Re: Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. by Shamsointegrity(m): 12:23pm On Jan 20, 2017
Jazakumllahu khaeran for the post May Allah make us better *Muslims* Barka jumah

1 Like

Re: Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. by brightlomo(m): 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2017
jazakum lahu hairan, may Almighty Allah make it easy for us.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. by tolufase: 12:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
May Almighty Allah help us to be able to adhere strictly to this and other sunnahs of the Holy Prophet Muhammed (SAW0

1 Like

Re: Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. by abbeymighty(m): 5:28pm On Jan 20, 2017
smiley wink

(1) (Reply)

Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God / Who Is A Kafir? / Timing And Duration Of Salat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.