Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola (28960 Views)

"Buhari Gave Justice Ademola N500,000 During Certificate Controversy" - Witness / DSS Raid: Why FG Must Apologise To Justice Dimgba—falana (SAN) / Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Dimgba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by sirequity(m): 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2016
JUSTICE Adeniyi Ademola, of the federal high court, Abuja, says he was arrested by the Department of State Services (DSS) because he granted Sambo Dasuki bail and freed Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Independent People of Biafra (IPOB) leader.

Last weekend, some judges’ homes were raided by the DSS on allegations of corruption.

But in a letter dated October 11, addressed to Mahmoud Mohammed, chief justice of Nigeria (CJN), Ademola said he was held for over 24 hours before he was told the reason why he was brought to the DSS office.

“…Upon signing the document, they told me that I am under arrest and ordered me with guns still pointed at me to move outside. As I was going, they told me they were taking me to their office, Department of State Services (DSS) office, without showing any warrant of arrest,” the letter read.

“I obeyed them and about six o’clock in the morning, I was whisked away from my residence to the DSS office without any warrant of arrest or reason for my arrest.

“From the time of my arrival at the DSS office, at about 6:45am on 8/10/2016, I was not told what my crime was for over 24 hours till the evening of 9/10/2016.

“A DSS officially finally informed me that the search of my arrest were based on these three allegations; petition of Hon. Jenkins Duvie dated 4th of April 2016 to the National Judicial Council (NJC); granting bail to Col. Sambo Dasuki and the unconditional release of Nnamdi Kanu; and using my office to secure my wife’s appointment as the head of civil service state through Senator Bola Tinubu.”

Ademola said he saw his arrest as revenge from Abubakar Malami, attorney-general of the federation (AGF), whose arrest and detention he ordered over a professional misconduct while he was judge in Kano between 2004 and 2008.

“What is more intriguing in this whole episode, is that I see it as a vendetta/revenge from the Hon. attorney general of the federation, Abubakar Malami, whilst I was in Kano between 2004 and 2007 as a federal high court judge was involved in a professional misconduct necessitating his arrest and detention by my order,” he said.

“However, with the intervention of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Kano branch the allegation of misconduct was later withdrawn by me.”

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/10/raid-why-i-was-arrested-justice-ademola/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by naijaking1: 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2016
Courageous judge, history will vindicate you!

176 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by sirequity(m): 3:03pm On Oct 15, 2016
Justice must prevail.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 15, 2016
re u sure ?
“…Upon signing the document,
they told me that I am under
arrest and ordered me with
guns still pointed at me to move outside. As I was going,
they told me they were taking
me to their office, Department
of State Services (DSS) office,
without showing any warrant
of arrest,” the letter read. “I obeyed them and about six
o’clock in the morning, I was
whisked away from my
residence to the DSS office
without any warrant of arrest
or reason for my arrest. “From the time of my arrival at
the DSS office, at about 6:45am
on 8/10/2016, I was not told
what my crime was for over
24 hours till the evening of
9/10/2016.

2 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by Caseless: 3:11pm On Oct 15, 2016
It was the order you gave for their release that brought that huge amount of money into your house?

These thieves always find something to blame when they're caught. Thank God you didn't blame it on the devil this time around just like every other African criminal caught.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by naijaking1: 3:14pm On Oct 15, 2016
Caseless:
It was the order you gave for their release that brought that huge amount of money into your house?
These always find something to blame when they're caught. Thank God you didn't blame it on the devil this time around just like every other African criminal caught.

You can't practice democracy by arresting judges who rule against your interest.
There is no where it said they found money in his house, your making things to justify your paymaster's action. Not surprised by your position though!

220 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by kcnwaigbo: 3:16pm On Oct 15, 2016
Caseless:

These always find something to blame when they're caught. Thank God you didn't blame it on the devil this time around just like every other African criminal caught.
So what crime did the honourable jurist commit by keeping his money in his own house?

119 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by domack99(m): 3:17pm On Oct 15, 2016
sirequity:

“However, with the intervention of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Kano branch the allegation of misconduct was later withdrawn by me.”

Forget it, this guess are criminals,

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by NextGovernor(m): 3:24pm On Oct 15, 2016
Caseless:

These thieves always find something to blame when they're caught. Thank God you didn't blame it on the devil this time around just like every other African criminal caught.

Nonsense... Do you have any evidence in what you are saying and is it a crime to keep money at home?

117 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by Caseless: 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2016
naijaking1:

You can't practice democracy by arresting judges who rule against your interest.
There is no where it said they found money in his house, your making things to justify your paymaster's action. Not surprised by your position though!
ruled against whose interest? Was that the reason dss gave? Didn't the judge himself talk about a petition against him?

7 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by Caseless: 3:26pm On Oct 15, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

So what crime did the honourable jurist commit by keeping his money in his own house?
he kept money that's way beyond his earnings, that in itself is a 'crime'.

16 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by Caseless: 3:29pm On Oct 15, 2016
NextGovernor:

Nonsense... Do you have any evidence in what you are saying and is it a crime to keep money at home?
the evidence is there with the DSS and it shall be presented against them in court. Keeping the money is not the crime, but keeping what's more than your salary is.

10 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by Habakus: 3:30pm On Oct 15, 2016
Caseless:

So you've already concluded that he's guilty? Is that what you were taught in school that an accused in Nigeria is guilty without a court deciding it? Na wa for you o.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by kcnwaigbo: 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2016
Caseless:
he kept money that's way beyond his earnings, that in itself is a 'crime'.
How do you know it's beyond his earnings? Do you know how much he earns? You think he does not have other investments?

Justice Ademola was born into a very Rich family. His grandfather was a former CJN!!!

86 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by kcnwaigbo: 3:38pm On Oct 15, 2016
Caseless:
the evidence is there with the DSS and it shall be presented against them in court. Keeping the money is not the crime, but keeping what's more than your salary is.
My dear I am already earning far more than my salary now because o learnt to save and invest my savings,so you mean to tell me that I am now commuting a crime? What portion of the Nigerian constitution says one can't invest and earn additional income to complement his salary? How exactly do you people reason?

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 15, 2016
The same man who told the DSS guys he was not at home at that time of the night before his phone reception gave him up. Sir, you a liar!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by Bethelwealthy(m): 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2016
Caseless:

****Do you know how long he has been practising and diligently working hard to make money?
Do you know how many personal business he does and is a board member of?
Do you know what his family, and wife does other than his job as a judge?
Do you know the financial statuses of his children and other sources of money he has??
You guys just open your mouths anyhow when certain amount of money is called as if people dont work for money. How much is #500m to a man who had worked for over 40years, serving in different capacities both home and abroad, and with a family who is themselves financially bouyant.....
.........think like a man and stop thinking like a petty trader abeg undecided

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by Caseless: 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

My dear I am already earning far more than my salary now because o learnt to save and invest my savings,so you mean to tell me that I am now commuting a crime? What portion of the Nigerian constitution says one can't invest and earn additional income to complement his salary? How exactly do you people reason?
well , you've just explained how you earn more than your salary and the judge in question hasn't. Until he explains, he's seen as a corrupt judge. Don't tell me you don't know what our anti-money laundering act says.

15 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by Caseless: 3:49pm On Oct 15, 2016
Bethelwealthy:

Oga ade, your thinking is like that of a pig anus. Do you know how long he has been practising and diligently working hard to make money?
Do you know how many personal business he does and is a board member of?
Do you know what his family, and wife does other than his job as a judge?
Do you know the financial statuses of his children and other sources of money he has??
You guys just open your mouths anyhow when certain amount of money is called as if people dont work for money. How much is #500m to a man who had worked for over 40years, serving in different capacities both home and abroad, and with a family who is themselves financially bouyant.....
.........think like a man and stop thinking like a petty trader abeg undecided
****he should explain his assets or property or money traced to his name. He submitted an asset declaration form, if what he owns were not declared at that time , he stands to be questioned.

We have laws and agencies that are saddled with the responsibility of verifying source of wealth of any Nigerian seen living beyond his means. Cow, can't you see they're doing their job?

10 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by naijaking1: 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2016
Caseless:
ruled against whose interest? Was that the reason dss gave? Didn't the judge himself talk about a petition against him?

He ruled that Dasuki should be released-- against Buhari.
He also ruled that Nnamdi Kanu should also be released--also against Buhari government.
Now instead of the government to present a better case for themselves, they simply arrested the judge fan unproven case of corruption.
We know what's going on

44 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by Caseless: 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

How do you know it's beyond his earnings? Do you know how much he earns? You think he does not have other investments?

Justice Ademola was born into a very Rich family. His grandfather was a former CJN!!!
so his father being a CJN means he should be rich? I give up!

7 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by Caseless: 3:57pm On Oct 15, 2016
naijaking1:

He ruled that Dasuki should be released-- against Buhari.
He also ruled that Nnamdi Kanu should also be released--also against Buhari government.
Now instead of the government to present a better case for themselves, they simply arrested the judge fan unproven case of corruption.
We know what's going on
why are you not looking at this? Isn't this enough for him to be hounded?
He's trying to curry favour from some parts of the north , reason he cited dasuki and SE by mentioning kanu
undecided

petition of Hon. Jenkins Duvie dated 4th of April 2016 to the National Judicial Council (NJC);

The Yoruba people I know will not support their own caught in corruption. I know the iPods; those he has used kanu's name to appeal to will cry for him , not the north and SW.

3 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by kcnwaigbo: 3:58pm On Oct 15, 2016
Caseless:
so his father being a CJN means he should be rich? I give up!
The fact remains that the DSS has got nothing on him.It is not a crime to keep money at home.Judges are not poor people and he wouldn't be poor even if his father was a Barrow pusher.

30 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by kcnwaigbo: 3:59pm On Oct 15, 2016
Caseless:

undecided

The Yoruba people I know will not support their own caught in corruption. I know the iPods; those he has used kanu's name to appeal to will cry for him , not the north and SW.
My dear he is yet to be caught in corruption if at all he is corrupt.

15 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by kcnwaigbo: 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2016
Caseless:
donkey, he should explain his assets or property or money traced to his name. He submitted an asset declaration form, if what he owns were not declared at that time , he stands to be questioned.

We have laws and agencies that are saddled with the responsibility of verifying source of wealth of any Nigerian seen living beyond his means. Cow, can't you see they're doing their job?
Are the DSS accusing him of false declaration of assets? BTW what is the DSS business with false declarations of assets.

None

36 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by vedaxcool(m): 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2016
Lies only fools will believe. He stylishly avoided talking about money found in his house because he knows cursed wailing zombies will lick his fetid corrupt smelly behind for free without asking. He is trying to create doubts in people's mind but only corrupt people will believe him. Money laundering wey he do him no talk am.

May Allah strike down all corrupt judge. amin

6 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by kcnwaigbo: 4:10pm On Oct 15, 2016
vedaxcool:
Lies only fools will believe. He stylishly avoided talking about money found in his house because he knows cursed wailing zombies will lick his fetid corrupt smelly behind for free without asking. He is trying to create doubts in people's mind but only corrupt people will believe him. Money laundering wey he do him no talk am.

May Allah strike down all corrupt judge. amin
So someone keeping his own money in his own House constitutes money laundering? How dumb can one really get!!!

35 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by Marotzke(m): 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2016
We are yet to see evidence that money kept in his house is illegal. My problem with the zombies hailing this outrage on the Honourable judge is that they are blind to the third charge against him.
His alleged closeness to Tinubu, that enabled his wife to be appointed Head of service.
When ones closeness to Tinubu is now punished, then how long will it take before they come for Tinubu?

29 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by GoodofNaija: 5:04pm On Oct 15, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Continue deceiving yourself! undecided

5 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by KINGwax007(m): 5:09pm On Oct 15, 2016
Igbos are easy to whip... grin grin grin
See yeye excuse...

Igbos will vote you for president for saying this aswer!

2 Likes

Re: Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Ademola by dondaddycares(m): 5:12pm On Oct 15, 2016
Caseless:

under which law? please educate us. May be i read a different law in the university and at the law school from the one you are quoting.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP / Atiku: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Should Elect Me President / Thug With Charm Caught With Thumb Printed Ballot Papers In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.