Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,199 members, 7,780,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:49 PM

Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. (20293 Views)

Oriki Of All Towns In Ekiti State / The Oriki Of Omo Ede - What Is Your Oriki / Oriki Omo Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 15, 2016
just wanted to learn the oriki of other Yorubas, I am from offa, kwara state. And here is the oriki of offa..

olooko o si nbe ko ba lawon,

omo olofa mojo,

omo abisu jooko,

ijakadi loro offa,

ijakan ijakan,

ti won ja nile olalomi,

o se oju tani?

o se oju koro ninu oko.

so let's know your home town and your oriki smiley

(don't mind my written Yoruba grin)
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:
just wanted to learn the oriki of other Yorubas, I am from offa, kwara state. And here is the oriki of offa..

olooko o si nbe ko ba lawon,

omo olofa mojo,

omo abisu jooko,

ijakadi loro offa,

ijakan ijakan,

ti won ja nile olalomi,

o se oju tani?

o se oju koro ninu oko.

so let's know your home town and your oriki smiley

(don't mind my written Yoruba grin)

Don't know mine....
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 15, 2016
Demmzy15 come and add yours
haffaze777
Aminat508
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2016
Contact17:

Don't know mine....
why don't you ask your parents? where you from if you don't mind?
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Demmzy15(m): 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2016
Contact17:
Demmzy15 come and add yours
Wallahi Ukti, I don't know o. I'll find out sha
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 15, 2016
Demmzy15:

shame on you (I wish we had a wailing emo) grin where you from?

1 Like

Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:

why don't you ask your parents? where you from if you don't mind?

I am from Abeokuta. That's how far I know.
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 15, 2016
Demmzy15:

Me too.
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by EHMIR(m): 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2016
Lemme goan ask my grandma in d village fest grin
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2016
Contact17:

I am from Abeokuta. That's how far I know.
omo Egba
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Demmzy15(m): 3:55pm On Oct 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:

shame on you (I wish we had a wailing emo) grin where you from?
Lol, Ifelodun Lga. Al Igbonawiyyun tongue
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2016
@ demmzy15

Just out of curiosity, do you speak Yoruba?
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:

So you come from the afonja state? grin grin Lolx

BTW I don't even know the meaning.
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 15, 2016
FriendChoice:

So you come from the afonja state? grin grin Lolx

BTW I don't even know the meaning.

afonja ke?! the real afonjas are the Ilorin people, as for me I am "olofa", ofa means arrow, so my ancestors were good in archery, the founder is olalomi the Archer, i.e olalomi olofa.

1 Like

Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Sveen: 4:20pm On Oct 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:

omo Egba
Egba omo lisabi Oniruiru egba po nile alake olugbonjobi ni olori won......
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 15, 2016
EHMIR:
Lemme goan ask my grandma in d village fest grin

nawa o, so nobody can give his/her oriki? I wanted to learn na sad where you from?
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 15, 2016
Sveen:
Egba omo lisabi Oniruiru egba po nile alake olugbonjobi ni olori won......
se oona niyen? is that all?
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Sveen: 4:24pm On Oct 15, 2016
Mine is Eko.

Eko Adele
Eko Akete
Eko aromisalegbelegbe
Omi niwa
Omi leyin
Omi nibigbogbo
Ka jeba-jeba
Ka je feseluu
Ka mu omi Lori tumpulu
Eko niyen
Yanmu Yanmu eyin igbeti nko
Ti obalende le gbomopa lowo eni...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Sveen: 4:25pm On Oct 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:

se oona niyen? is that all?
Nope. I'll add more once I remember, I've kinda forgotten.
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2016
Sveen:
Mine is Eko.
Eko Adele Eko Akete Eko aromisalegbelegbe Omi niwa Omi leyin Omi nibigbogbo Ka jeba-jeba Ka je feseluu Ka mu omi Lori tumpulu Eko niyen Yanmu Yanmu eyin igbeti nko Ti obalende le gbomopa lowo eni...
so you love Eba? grin
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by haffaze777(m): 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2016
Contact17:
Demmzy15 come and add yours haffaze777 Aminat508
demola = akanni
haffaze777 = isola
aminat508 = abefe
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Aminat508(f): 4:32pm On Oct 15, 2016
haffaze777:

demola = akanni

haffaze777 = isola

aminat508 = abefe
hahahaha Abefe ke grin

1 Like

Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Aminat508(f): 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2016
Mine is

Osogbo oroki asala omo onile obi cheesy
Osogbo ilu aro, omo aro dede bi okun
Aare o peta arepeta mogba o
Osun osogbo pele o, epele o eyin olomoyoyo
Osogbo oroki gbe onile, otun gbe ajoji
Osogbo oroki omo yeye osun
Yeye atewogbeja , aniyun labebe
Oroki ti iba eja nla soro, ti ran iko nise
Osun Osogbo, rere ni o sun fun mi
Oroki onile obi, alaro omo asala
Edumare Bawa Da Ilu Osogbo Si angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:

afonja ke?! the real afonjas are the Ilorin people, as for me I am "olofa", ofa means arrow, so my ancestors were good in archery, the founder is olalomi the Archer, i.e olalomi olofa.

OK only illorin be afonja not the Kwara state as a whole.

What is afonja pls.
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Sveen: 4:36pm On Oct 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:

so you love Eba? grin
Not really, I don't eat hard food. But the rest of my family loves Eba.
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2016
FriendChoice:

OK only illorin be afonja not the Kwara state as a whole.

What is afonja pls.

afonja is the name of a man, a general in the Oyo empire, that's where his title "aare ona kakanfo" – the head of the Oyo army came from...

he rebelled against Oyo Empire king, as at then Ilorin was under Oyo empire.

1 Like

Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:

afonja is the name of a man, a general in the Oyo empire, that's where his title "aare ona kakanfo" – the head of the Oyo army came from...

he rebelled against Oyo Empire king, as at then Ilorin was under Oyo empire.

I have been thinking afonja meant a blind person.
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 15, 2016
Aminat508:
Mine is
Osogbo oroki asala omo onile obi cheesy Osogbo ilu aro, omo aro dede bi okun Aare o peta arepeta mogba o Osun osogbo pele o, epele o eyin olomoyoyo Osogbo oroki gbe onile, otun gbe ajoji Osogbo oroki omo yeye osun Yeye atewogbeja , aniyun labebe Oroki ti iba eja nla soro, ti ran iko nise Osun Osogbo, rere ni o sun fun mi Oroki onile obi, alaro omo asala Edumare Bawa Da Ilu Osogbo Si angry
so the yeye collected fish? grin
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 15, 2016
Contact17:

I have been thinking afonja meant a blind person.
lol, that's afoju
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2016
Sveen:

but there is a way EBA can be made such that it will be soft....

I don't like EBA as a whole..
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Aminat508(f): 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:

so the yeye collected fish? grin
grin yes u want?
Re: Lets Know The Full Oriki Of Your Home Town.. by Aminat508(f): 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2016
Sveen:
Tar stop forming Joo, u like Eba and fufu tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking Village That Eat Human Meat **pictures** / Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. / Why Do Nigerians Think White People Are Ugly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.