Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. (5679 Views)

Help Me ,I Hate Nigerians / Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much / Why Does The Black World Hate Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by Ikengawo: 4:26pm On Oct 21, 2009
South African experience

SIR: On Thursday October 1, 2009, the National Chairman of our great party Chief Bisi Akande; the Lagos State Chairman of the Party in Lagos, Chief Dele Ajomale; his wife; the representative of the Governor and my humble self left for South Africa to inaugurate the chapter of our party. Business finished on Saturday October 2 and 3, 2009 in both Pretoria and Johannesburg. We had Sunday October 4 to look around. It was my first visit to South Africa and what I saw stunned me.

advertisement
Am I in Africa or Europe? Am I in America? Is this another Singapore? Could this be true? Where was Nigeria when South Africa was putting all these structures in place? If the white man did all these in South Africa why were the Nelson Mandelas of this world complaining? If South Africans got their independence on a platter of gold the way Nigeria got hers in 1960, would there have been all these structures I am seeing here today? Impossible! From what I saw on ground in South Africa, it looked as if all the companies and industries all over the world are physically present there. Ah! Nigeria has been left behind. South Africa is the potential and undisputable leader in Africa. Thanks to the white South Africans.

I came to the unhappy conclusion that the mosquitoes that drove the whites away from Nigeria in 1960 did a colossal and unmitigated damage to Nigerians. I again asked myself these questions: How many black Africans did the whites kill before surrendering power to them? How many Nigerians have been killed by Nigerian leaders since they took over power from the whites in 1960? Let us compare the figures. I am sure the supreme prize South Africans paid to have the South Africa I see today will be so infinitesimal compared with what our leaders have killed to remain in power in Nigeria.

What I am saying is that God should have allowed the whites to tarry for at least more 30 years in Nigeria and we would have been better for it. Mandela survived 27 years in prison because the whiteman was a better person. He could not have survived 10 years in prison in Nigeria.

My conclusion after seeing what I saw in South Africa is that the whites left Nigeria in a hurry, and that is why we are suffering today. Had the whites tarried in Nigeria, Nigeria would have been like South Africa today. I want the whites back in Nigeria!

Joe Igbokwe,
Lagos.
http://odili.net/news/source/2009/oct/21/43.html
this is why nigerians will always be slaves.
this was published on a news site.
damn,
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by Ikengawo: 4:27pm On Oct 21, 2009
"If the white man did all these in South Africa why were the Nelson Mandelas of this world complaining?"

jesus, embarassed
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by RichyBlacK(m): 4:50pm On Oct 21, 2009
I know how you feel, but I have mixed feelings on this one.
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by kosovo(m): 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2009
only this?
more pls.
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by beneli(m): 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2009
I used to think that Joe Igbokwe was an intelligent man. Perhaps this is somebody with the same name!
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by blackspade(m): 5:01pm On Oct 21, 2009
The British had no intention of building up Nigeria like they did South Africa. . .  .they along with the Boers saw South Africa as another "white homeland", while they saw Nigeria merely as a place rich in commodities.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by olafolarin(m): 5:07pm On Oct 21, 2009
The writer(Joe Igbokwe) is the Publicity Sec. Of AC In lagos state.
The whites mostly developed their arrears of settlements and left the shanty towns unattended to.
ArreaRS DEVELOPED were to European standard with all the amenities in place.
It is a known fact that if the whites have dsicovered oil in Nigeria,they would have stayed longer than 1960 and it would have been in Nigeria's interest.
Joe Igbokwe's outburst is a reflection of our snail-pace development angered by the attitude of Nigeria's leadership towards the masses.
The little developmwnt the British did in Nigeria was when we had only Palm Kernel,Cocoa,Rubber and Groundnut.It would have been a new level if they can explore and export oil from our land.Nigeria would have been way ahead of South Africa.
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by morpheus24: 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2009
blackspade:

The British had no intention of building up Nigeria like they did South Africa. . . .they along with the Boers saw South Africa as another "white homeland", while they saw Nigeria merely as a place rich in commodities.

Tell them o!

Foolish nigerians that got vis for the first time in their lifes. Tell them to visit Manenburg in the cape.

Olodo!
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by Fuup(m): 5:25pm On Oct 21, 2009
Joe Igbokwe

What a load of rubbish!
This dude must possess the brain of a 6 year old,
When i was young i had the memory of some good infrastructures and facilities that was the influence of the Colonial times but what happened to all of that few years later?
lack of maintenance and our negative attitude got us where we are.
If the whites are still in Nigeria today and leaves tomorrow,with our attitude and ways we would still be where we are right now in few years!
Until we change the way we think individually and as a Nation,there's nothing anyone can do to help us,be it Green,Yellow,Blue or white People!
We have all the ingredients needed to be a Great Nation and all we need to do is look inside ourselves and change, not thinking what others are doing or could do for us, W*$£K*$

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by phuckNL: 5:41pm On Oct 21, 2009
F u up:

Joe Igbokwe

What a load of rubbish!
This dude must possess the brain of a 6 year old,
When i was young i had the memory of some good infrastructures and facilities that was the influence of the Colonial times but what happened to all of that few years later?
lack of maintenance and our negative attitude got us where we are.
If the whites are still in Nigeria today and leaves tomorrow,with our attitude and ways we would still be where we are right now in few years!
Until we change the way we think individually and as a Nation,there's nothing anyone can do to help us,be it Green,Yellow,Blue or white People!
We have all the ingredients needed to be a Great Nation and all we need to do is look inside ourselves and change, not thinking what others are doing or could do for us, W*$£K*$

No we won't. Things have changed. People are more enlightened. The Internet has changed this. Nigeria would probably not turn to the U.S but we would be a 100 times better if the whites gave us independence just now.
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by kuramo: 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2009
I don't know much about Joe Igbokwe but he has shown from his assertion that he is the type of person who should not be allowed to hold any responsible position of influence.

His intellect must be very poor for him conclude that Nigeria's problems would have been solved had the British colonial masters stayed.

This guy went to South Africa and he thinks the country is best thing that has happened since sliced bread. He is very parochial indeed in his thoughts, granted South Africa has better infrastructures and a bigger economy than Nigeria but he must be deluded if he thinks South Africa doesn't have it's own social-economic problems.

I fear for his party if this fool can openly subscribe to the idea that the absence of whites or should i say colonials is the source of the problems we have in Nigeria.
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by AjanleKoko: 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2009
The guy was just a victim of mindset.
Fertile ground for stereotypical black man thinking, like most people are.
The skyscrapers and six-lane highways of South Africa do very little to hide the hideous shanties in Hillsboro and Soweto. If anyone has ever been to SA, you'll know exactly what I mean.
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by nex(m): 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2009
This is the kind of ignorance you see everywhere in the world.

The British came to Nigeria to extract everything they could and repatriate everything possible, including hardworking and intelligent human beings among the natives over to Britain.

The Boers, Scottish and others who went to South Africa went there to settle down, build a home and settle down and they've been there since the 16th Century.

This Joe is an idiot and I hope himself and his party never comes to government else they sell us to the Oyibo man again in the belief that we will have development. Idiot!
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2009
[size=18pt]I think this is his e-mail: nationalvision@ yahoo.com[/size]

What a disgrace and embarrassment, if this isn't some kind of ironic letter or joke then he will not go far. He will remain in the anus of ndi ocha. What kind of I ra nshi is this? Why did I have to see this? I'm going to blow up his e-mail now (if it is his or not, I don't care, somebody is going to hear nwị).  grin
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by agathamari(f): 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2009
this is the mentality that causes problems. stop the whole if the white would have only dont this for us or because the whites did this to us we are this way. stand on your feet and move forward. the whites and asians and orientals have been able to creat all they did there is no reason why nigerians or blacks for that matter cant. we all have a past things that we did wrong and things that were done to us that were wrong. living in the past wont make it any better and waiting/crying for someone else to do it for you isnt going to make it happen
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2009
why wont whites run from Nigeria with all the mosquitos wey dey there.
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by 9ja4eva: 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2009
Joe na MUMU.I got no time to waste reading his stuff sef
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by SeanT21(f): 12:26am On Oct 22, 2009
so only whites can build up a place?? undecided
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by chic2pimp(m): 12:40am On Oct 22, 2009
SeanT21:

so only whites can build up a place?? undecided
That is exactly what he is saying. Many peeps on NL do share similar views eventhough the majority won't say so for fear of getting insulted.
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by SeanT21(f): 12:53am On Oct 22, 2009
chic2pimp:

That is exactly what he is saying. Many peeps on NL do share similar views eventhough the majority won't say so for fear of getting insulted.

Actually thinking about it~~Its kinda true. Look at Africa. With all the resource we are not even close to western nations. Without Whites, South Africa and Zimbabwe will not be what it is today. The truth hurts.
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by chic2pimp(m): 1:09am On Oct 22, 2009
SeanT21:

Actually thinking about it~~Its kinda true. Look at Africa. With all the resource we are not even close to western nations. Without Whites, South Africa and Zimbabwe will not be what it is today. The truth hurts.
The truth does hurt. However I do believe that 'white or no white',if our cowardly thieving leaders actually for once decide to do the right thing Africa will change for the better
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 1:10am On Oct 22, 2009
chic2pimp:

So China is a pile of rocks? Japan? Are they white?
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by chika98: 1:13am On Oct 22, 2009
chic2pimp:

The truth does hurt. However I do believe that 'white or no white',if our cowardly thieving leaders actually for once decide to do the right thing Africa will change for the better

Have you forgotten that the said leaders are from Nigeria and are Nigerians who have decided to de fraud their own country. The leaders are who we are as a nation. Everyone is quick to point fingers but how many of you will actually change Nigeria if you got the opportunity to rule the country? Think well before you answer!
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by chic2pimp(m): 1:45am On Oct 22, 2009
ezeagu:

So China is a pile of rocks? Japan? Are they white?
That is why I wholeheartedly disagree with him. My point is that some peeps on NL will see things from his point of view and tbh I for one would not blame them for doing so.

chika98:

Have you forgotten that the said leaders are from Nigeria and are Nigerians who have decided to de fraud their own country. The leaders are who we are as a nation. Everyone is quick to point fingers but how many of you will actually change Nigeria if you got the opportunity to rule the country? Think well before you answer!
Excellent point well made. I agree with you in that the onus to change should not be on our leader's hefty shoulders alone. Until your average nigerian is willing to accept that,I'm afraid africa/nigeria ain't gonna develop anytime soon.

The fact is that this same leaders are a sad reflection on the type of peeps our society breeds.
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by muffins(f): 1:50am On Oct 22, 2009
Fuc.k Nigeria. angry angry
Fuc.k Yaradua
. angry angry
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by chika98: 1:52am On Oct 22, 2009
chic2pimp:

That is why I wholeheartedly disagree with him. My point is that some peeps on NL will see things from his point of view and tbh I for one would not blame them for doing so.
Excellent point well made. I agree with you in that the onus to change should not be on our leader's hefty shoulders alone. Until your average nigerian is willing to accept that,I'm afraid africa/nigeria ain't gonna develop anytime soon.

The fact is that this same leaders are a sad reflection on the type of peeps our society breeds.

The average Nigerian doesn't even have the confidence to believe in what they can achieve. The average Nigerian isn't prepared to do things the right way. Everyone wants to make a quick buck in other wards to "hammer!" more or less. So, until our mentality as a people change we are just going around in circles.
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by chic2pimp(m): 2:26am On Oct 22, 2009
chika98:

The average Nigerian doesn't even have the confidence to believe in what they can achieve. The average Nigerian isn't prepared to do things the right way. Everyone wants to make a quick buck in other wards to "hammer!" more or less. So, until our mentality as a people change we are just going around in circles.
I think you really doing the average nigerian a disservice or should I say you are underestimating them.

Given a choice,I think you'll find that the average nigerian would be willing to try new things cuz let's be honest we've been trying the same for years on end.
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by chika98: 2:27am On Oct 22, 2009
Ok then define "average" Nigerian to me?
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by chic2pimp(m): 2:50am On Oct 22, 2009
chika98:

Ok then define "average" Nigerian to me?
Hehehe good question. BRB lemme think carefully b4 answering.
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by sjeezy8: 3:07am On Oct 22, 2009
There are different types of Nigerians

1)people who poor and mad at the current state of Nigeria
2)people who are rich and dont care( long as they keep house for VI,ABJ, fleet of cars)
3)people who work to better themselves, while bettering their surroundings. Obj whether you like him or not.
4)people who work solely for Nigeria as a whole. Gani, Soyinka etc
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by chic2pimp(m): 3:19am On Oct 22, 2009
sjeezy8:

There are different types of Nigerians

1)people who poor and mad at the current state of Nigeria
2)people who are rich and dont care( long as they keep house for VI,ABJ, fleet of cars)
3)people who work to better themselves, while bettering their surroundings. Obj whether you like him or not.
4)people who work solely for Nigeria as a whole. Gani, Soyinka etc
Are you basically saying that the word 'Average Nigerian' does not exist?
Re: This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. by Ikengawo: 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2009
Nigerians are obsessed with fast money. it's pathetic.

nigeria is a 49 year old country, prior to that it was a place for british ppl to get slaves and money from.

south africa is a 150+ year old country

prior to that it was a place where whites exploited the land and resources of blacks to build comfortable settlements for themselves.

south africa is developed cause it excluded 90% of its population from jobs, cities education ect ect.

so its wealth, all the wealth of the country, belongs to a white 10%, meanwhile the black 90% are the poorest ppl in africa other then desert countries.

imagine this website being a country, and I alone stole everyones money, built a nice city with it and told the rest of you you can't come it.
then everyone starts thinking naira land is rich when the rest of you live in houses whose walls are made of cardboard.

but yeah nigerians have unrealistic ideas about money and wealth that has been and always will be a bane to the country. its so sad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Went Wrong? / Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. / Ebola: Why Patrick Sawyer Travelled To Nigeria – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.