Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,481 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu (21386 Views)

Governor Ajimobi: I Washed Dead Bodies For 8 Years To Survive / The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him / My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by odiks: 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2016
The Deputy President of the Senate, Chief Ike Ekweremadu, said former Gov. Sullivan Chime’s administration in Enugu state, neglected the people of Aninri Local Government Area for eight years.

Speaking on Saturday in Aninri during the flag-off of nine rural projects funded by the state government, Ekweremadu said that the Chime’s tenure was the darkest in the lives of Aninri people.

He said that during the period, the state government had no presence in the entire council, adding that projects executed in the area were by the federal and local governments.

“Eight years ago all development projects in this area were done by the federal and local governments, but we now have a governor that is ready to work for our people.

“Between 2007 and 2015, no indigene of Aninri was employed in the state civil service and from statistics, we have the least number of civil servants in the state,” he said.

The deputy senate president said that the local government area had only 400 workers in the state service, adding that no permanent secretary was from the area.

“This neglect of our people for eight years was that bad but God has raised someone who will raise us.

“For instance, at the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), we only have four staff members from Aninri while Udi, Awgu and Oji River Local Government Areas have 360, 85 and 60 staff, respectively, in the institution,” he said.

Ekweremadu said that it was the governor of the state, Chief Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, who drew his attention to the anomalies, and said that the governor had taken steps to redress the ills.

“The governor has appointed our son as permanent secretary and another one as director of works in IMT. The state commissioner of works is also from Aninri and more are coming,” he said.

According to him, it is gratifying that our people are now feeling the impact of the state government and we will continue to support the governor.

Ekweremadu appealed to the people of the area to unite and move the place forward, adding that greater things were ahead.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/people-neglected-8-years-enugu-ekweremadu/

Is this True?

2 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by Thewrath(m): 7:44pm On Oct 15, 2016
Forget about the past and hope for the future.
#quickly rushes back to "theOtherRoom".

7 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by Greatfuture: 7:55pm On Oct 15, 2016
Did he say that,and all the while he was the deputy senate president

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by NOC1(m): 7:57pm On Oct 15, 2016
And you were a sinator your junior brother a House o assembly member. Funny people Always passing blames.

44 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by kahal29: 7:57pm On Oct 15, 2016
Ekweremadu you are a liar. Let chime be. He did his best for Enugu state. Do your own best too

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by otil1: 7:57pm On Oct 15, 2016
Sulli unem. Dejé!

After the Regea come the Blues

1 Like

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by babdap: 7:58pm On Oct 15, 2016
Even Deputy Senate President confirmed that PDP is tantamount to darkness.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by otil1: 8:00pm On Oct 15, 2016
kahal29:
Ekweremadu you are a liar. Let chime be. He did his best for Enugu state. Do your own best too

Please point out the lies and stop name-calling and use of abusive language.

Which is the lies?

8 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by selch(m): 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2016
Let's forget about parties and look at it from this angle, igbo people need to talk sense to their leaders, what has this man done for his people? After looting d country he forgot his people, when he was charged to court he went to wear igbo attire, to claim tribalism, now he is free still he has done nothing for d igbo race, coming to now talk rubbish

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by AloyalNigerian(m): 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2016
#Issoryt
Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by otil1: 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2016
selch:
Let's forget about parties and look at it from this angle, igbo people need to talk sense to their leaders, what has this man done for his people? After looting d country he forgot his people, when he was charged to court he went to wear igbo attire, to claim tribalism, now he is free still he has done nothing for d igbo race, coming to now talk rubbish

Please don't dabble into what you know not.

If by "his people" you meant Aninri people, I can tell you that Ekweremmadu has virtually transformed the entire area with mega Federal projects especially roads done by Class A contractors like Setraco and the likes. Aninri is seamlessly linked to three States of Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi, making evacuation of agro-produces easier than ever before.

If on the other hand, by "his people", you meant Igbos, let me educate you, just a little. By his action, as the leader of South-East caucus at the National Assembly, Ekweremmadu was able to convince all his colleagues in National Assembly to 'pool' all their constituency allowance and have it applied for Enugu Akanu Ibiam Airport runway extension and procurement of landing gears and other equipment that led to the airport being certified for international flights. In others words, Ekweremmadu worked to see that that ban or curse on having International Airport in Igboland was lifted. Igboland South East was the only geo-political Zone without International airport.

If you press me, I give you more.

Please dear leave Ike Oha NdiIgbo.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by orimsamsam(m): 8:33pm On Oct 15, 2016
selch:
lolz. They love shouting afonja

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by Themind: 9:15am On Oct 16, 2016
It seems this people are born to complain all through their lives and yet they are the source of their own calamities

7 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by siraj1402(m): 9:16am On Oct 16, 2016
So who is now saying the truth?

Jonathan said he is Igbo, Igbo said they were neglected during jona regime. Then Igbo neglected Igbo during Igbo regime.

8 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by northvietnam(m): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2016
We igbos are our biggest undoing.

Nigerian politicians are our slave masters.

This man talking sheeeeeeet now was a LG chairman , chief of staff enugu state, secretary to state Govt, senator and deputy senate president for some years now. His own kid brother was LG chairman and now chief whip Enugu state house. His inlaw was formal LG chairman and formal PDP deputy chairman Enugu state. And he is there talking trash.
Oga if ur people was neglected and u had all these power for years now , what have u done for ur own people .....

Bar Sullivan CHIME IS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO ENUGU PEOPLE ....
Even some days to his hand over he was still working

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by nofij(m): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2016
Maybe your people belong to #TheKitchen tongue

3 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by darocha1: 9:18am On Oct 16, 2016
typical ibo man. bad mouthing the other. pot calling kettle black. same of same men. i just pity the masses

13 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by brightballer(m): 9:19am On Oct 16, 2016
If Igbos can neglect Igbos, then ...........!!

5 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by Chiefpriest1(m): 9:19am On Oct 16, 2016
Lol @ " my people". When a Nigerian politician says " My People", you know he's about to lie.

I am not from Enugu, but I know from folks from that axis that Chime was one of the silent achievers during the last administration.

He worked and never made noise, just like Obiano did in the past. But Obiano has started talking maybe because elections are getting close.

Ask Ekweremadu what he did for the peopke since he joined politics...

8 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by Badtman(m): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2016
No be say Okoromadu dey Craze
I swear this Man is not capable to be a Senate talkless of DSP

Instead of saying i was in the Nass since 8yrs but i neglect my pple

Meanwhile Even some Chronic Wifey beater are now posting foto of dia wife online and claiming that she belong to dia world instead of Boxing ring because of Wailing which is Dangerous to dem health

3 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by obembet(f): 9:23am On Oct 16, 2016
what's my business.. what have u contribute so far...

2 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by solaere(m): 9:24am On Oct 16, 2016
....Space
Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by Prince081: 9:24am On Oct 16, 2016
This is bad politics. This kind of statement will make the aninri people think that the Ngwo people, Nsukka people are their real issue and might lead to hatred amongst brothers from the same state.

7 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 16, 2016
politicians has 9 mouths.to the best of my knowledge sullivan tried for enugu in terms of redesigning and refurbishing the state

5 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by Randy100: 9:37am On Oct 16, 2016
Sullivan did very well as governor of Enugu state. But he neglected the people of Aninri.

1 Like

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by ndaman25: 9:37am On Oct 16, 2016
dis guy is crazy

3 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by ije22: 9:43am On Oct 16, 2016
kahal29:
the senator is silly bto

2 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by kenchizzy(m): 9:43am On Oct 16, 2016
And what were you doing for the past 8yrs? Ekweremadu you have brought shame to yourself as a deputy sen. President for long.Ekweremadu you sin is more than treasonable felony.I am totally dumb-founded for this,even the great senate akpabio from akwa ibom have never and will never be judge for this.what were you doing when the likes of david mark and tambuwal were busy providing their people with social amenities@ekwere hmmmn it is disgrace

4 Likes

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by seguno2: 9:44am On Oct 16, 2016
So, how many of his people did Ekweremadu employ in the federal government for the past eight years?
How many?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu by rafsonnggmail(m): 9:50am On Oct 16, 2016
babdap:
Even Deputy Senate President confirmed that PDP is tantamount to darkness.
Wailin wailers over to u. No be me talk am o
Na ekwere madu o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Appoints New Management For Nigeria Export-Import (NEXIM) Bank / Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People / Nigeria Donates $ 500 ,000 To Support Guinea Bissau Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.