Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode (19831 Views)

Those Calling For Igbo Presidency, Restructuring, Are Spiritually Blind- Prophet / "Disregard Those Calling For Restructuring" - Yahaya Bello Urges Nigerians / Ile Ife Crisis: El-Rufai Warns Those Calling For Revenge In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by sirequity(m): 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2016
THE Former Director General of the Jonathan Presidential Campaign Organisation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode has berated those calling for arrest of wife of President Muhammadu Buhari, Aisha as ignorant and not fit for any civilised society.

He said the Cleric who advised the security operatives to arrest Aisha based on the interview she granted the BBC on her displeasure over the state of things with President Buhari, is living in a stone age

Fani-Kayode, also former Minister of Aviation said Aisha spoke her mind on what she felt was not right around her husband, while exercising her constitutionally guaranteed freedom to do so.

He said it was nobody’s business to intervene on the issue between the First Lady and her husband let alone calling for her arrest.

He said in a tweet, “Those that are calling for the arrest of Aisha Buhari for speaking her mind belong to the stone age.

“They are not worthy of being called men let alone being called clerics or men of God. Next thing they will call for her stoning to death.

“There are some mad people at the highest level of governance in this country. Our country needs serious prayers”, Fani-Kayode said.

An Islamic cleric, Shiek Ismail Illyasu Mangu had earlier called on security agencies to arrest the wife of the president, Aisha Buhari, for publicly criticising her husband.

The cleric while speaking to worshipers after the Jumaat prayers  suggested that members of the opposition in the country were using first lady to tarnish the image of the president and the country.

He had said, “We are sad about the interview granted by the wife of the President. We believe that opposition members in the country are using her against the government.

“Her statement is unfair and capable of inciting violence. It is a threat to the peace of the country and we do hope the security agencies will immediately arrest her,” the cleric said.

“We believed that some ungrateful elements in the country are using the wife of the president to tarnish the image of the president and the country. Nigerians are not in her support.”

Aisha Buhari had in an interview she granted the BBCon Friday expressed her frustration over the manner some cabals in the presidency allegedly hijacked the president while dictating the tune of event at the expense of those she said voted for the president

In what appeared to be a reaction to Aisha’s remarks, Buhari during his state visit to Germany said, “I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room.”

Buhari’s reaction has since been drawing condemnation from across the globe, prompting his media aide, Mallam Garba to explain that the President was only being humorous in his remarks.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/10/those-calling-for-aishas-arrest-are-living-in-stone-age-fani-kayode/

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by NextGovernor(m): 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2016
They are really backward. I can't imagine a Catholic priest or a pastor say such a thing.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by DrPrickson: 8:09pm On Oct 15, 2016
Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Jirate(m): 8:11pm On Oct 15, 2016
Those living in Stone Age are very many in Nigeria, starting with Bubu himself, who after 27 years of marriage believe his wife is only good at Sex and Cooking alone. And he is the President of Millions of women, what a Shame. cool

111 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Kupaskeybaba(m): 8:20pm On Oct 15, 2016
I don't blame buhari dat how northern men view der women... ever wonder y dy mari under age girls? because dy av low self esteem

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 15, 2016
I,honestly,think d sheik is high on something for him to have said that.

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 15, 2016
Naija need God's intervention...that alfa abi na shehu is mad.he has gone mad

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Built2last: 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2016
The North remains Nigerias problem.

The backwardness, ineptitude, bigotry and paedophilia.

Just name it.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by BUHARImyDOG: 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2016
great son of afonja land

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Limitednow: 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2016
Lalasticlala, what's your take on this?

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by mokoshalb(m): 9:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
really..?

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Akinz0126(m): 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
j

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Rett0: 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hm
Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by olumaxi(m): 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
Thank u FFK...but we calling for ur arrest are livin in d modern era

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Beehshorp(m): 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
They are not only living in a stone - age but they belong to the OTHER ROOM with their wives

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Rapmoney(m): 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
Sometimes, I just wonder if it was a mistake being a Nigerian How does stating an observation amount to tarnishing the image of Mr Buhari? The mentality of some persons has kept this country backward!!!

"I am ashamed of being a Nigerian" - Late Ken Saro-Wiwa (1995).

cool cool

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by donsteady(m): 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
We all know mst of the smartest northers are still living in Stone Age.
Next please.

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Rett0: 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hmm......
Stone age is understatement for those clerics....
I read some posts on some other thread of some crude guys with low self-esteem, poor exposure and great ineptitude trying to justify P. Buhari for making such an unforgivable statement.

He should be called out for sexism were Nigeria a sane country but No some good for nothing fellows who think their strength should be focused on reducing the role of the female gender rather than focusing on attaining their goal would support him.

When Aisha was campaigning from State to state tirelessly, these same persons and their ungrateful President who forgot her role in the kitchen and other room saw her relevance in the walk to success. Buhari knew it was fine for her to be totally part of politics but on becoming the president, he suddenly realizes that she's got nothing to do with politics.

What a shame? I have a loving Husband who respects me so much and have seen that I come this far. I have brothers who treasure n respect me. Never will I raise my son to see himself superior to any living being.

I was top of my class from my nursery through my secondary school and one of the best graduating student in my department with boys witted in the classroom. Even as a wife and nursing mother, I set new records in my post graduate program. I have led several teams with guys as a major part. This never made me look down on them neither did they make me feel inferior.

I love, cherish N respect my Husband so much N I can vow that he will never say such a silly thing about me.
Little wonder his first wife had no feelings for him N could gladly seek favour from a person that sent him to jail.
Little wonder Alisha had to speak out. She must have really been fed up with so much shit.

Please let every responsible man who protects the right of a lady follow the trend of Reno, Ben Bruce, Mikel Obi et al and let every reasonable lady take to their twitter handle and make P. Buhari realise that his statements are unacceptable.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by mascot87(m): 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
Stone age is an understatement, they are actually living in the FURTHER room close to the kitchen & other room too

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by ceeethru(m): 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2016
IstandWithAishaInTheKitchen If President Buhari can tell his wife of 27 years that she belongs to the kitchen, then i pity Women who support APC. You're either belong to the toilet or bathroom.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2016
Aisha
Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Millz404(m): 9:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
She has always been arrested in the kitchen
Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Danielmann(m): 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2016
i said it
Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by toyinjimoh(m): 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2016
the most reasonable comment have ever heard from fani

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Osyxcel(m): 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
Arrest her for what exactly? That Cleric sef lipsrsealed

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Akinz0126(m): 9:59pm On Oct 16, 2016
don't blame them they only have use for women in there inner Room Nothing more!!!

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by SalomonKane: 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
At last, the revered political prostitute have decided to give his two cent as regard the Aisha Buhari over flogged issue.

Anybody who believes the word of this serial political prostitute should also believe Fani Kayode will become the next president of Nigeria.
Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by FTBOY: 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
including the president himself. bubu is living in a concrete and gravel age..

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by ajalawole(m): 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
If all women where in the kitchen all dea life, would this have happnd.......

Rip dora

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by Pappyjim: 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
Nice1 from FFK

Re: Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode by recievesense: 10:04pm On Oct 16, 2016

Yoruba Youths Support Operation Crocodile Smile / 2023: Shehu Sani Appeals To Northern, Southern Govs Not To Tear Nigeria Apart / Modupe Ozolua Visits Communities Destroyed By Boko Haram