Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? (6755 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Family In Milan (Vacation Photos) / How Often Do You Evangelise? / Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:18pm On Oct 15, 2016
What is the most effective way to share the Gospel with those who are closest to you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by analice107: 10:42pm On Oct 15, 2016
The first is just live the life. No preaching.

No criticisms. Not judging anyone, but wld no longer hang out with them. No longer jest and use lewd languages. Obscenities are gone.

No more worldly music, but they want to play, fine, but i don't nod my head or tap my toe.
Don't sit with them to watch the kind of movies we use to watch to together, i wont stop them wen they do, if they ask me why i wont do it, i explain using the Scriptures.

I insists on not doing the things they know me for in the past.

No more anger. Pride is out. i apologise even wen its you who wronged me. i don't hold a grudge. i will give my last and be ready to go without.
I read my Bible always and pray.
i tell the truth even wen i stand to get hurt or lose something in the process.

wen there's a discussion, i go "But this is what the Bible say".

An occasion usually presents itself for a ministration to happen, if not, you wont break through to them.
Let your life preach the gospel.

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
analice107:

The first is just live the life. No preaching.

No criticisms. Not judging anyone, but wld no longer hang out with them. No longer jest and use lewd languages. Obscenities are gone.

No more worldly music, but they want to play, fine, but i don't nod my head or tap my toe.
Don't sit with them to watch the kind of movies we use to watch to together, i wont stop them wen they do, if they ask me why i wont do it, i explain using the Scriptures.

I insists on not doing the things they know me for in the past.

No more anger. Pride is out. i apologise even wen its you who wronged me. i don't hold a grudge. i will give my last and be ready to go without.
I read my Bible always and pray.
i tell the truth even wen i stand to get hurt or lose something in the process.

wen there's a discussion, i go "But this is what the Bible say".

An occasion usually presents itself for a ministration to happen, if not, you wont break through to them.
Let your life preach the gospel.

Way to go! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:23pm On Nov 02, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

What is the most effective way to share the Gospel with those who are closest to you?

Suggested answer:

https://gotquestions.org/evangelize-friends-family.html
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Scholar8200(m): 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Suggested answer:

So you knew the answer all along undecided undecided undecided

my verdict?

Thread Closed!!! angry
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
Scholar8200:

So you knew the answer all along undecided undecided undecided

my verdict?

Thread Closed!!! angry

Is it not fair enough that I should provide answers to the questions asked? cheesy
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:31pm On Nov 26, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Suggested answer:

Question: "How can I evangelize my friends and family without pushing them away?"

Answer: At some point, every Christian has had a family member, a friend, co-worker, or acquaintance who is not a Christian. Sharing the gospel with others can be difficult, and it can become even more difficult when it involves someone with whom we have close emotional ties. The Bible tells us that some people will be offended at the gospel (Luke 12:51–53). However, we are commanded to share the gospel, and there is no excuse for not doing so (Matthew 28:19–20; Acts 1:8; 1 Peter 3:15).

So, how can we evangelise our family members, friends, co-workers, and acquaintances? The most important thing we can do is pray for them. Pray that God would change their hearts and open their eyes to the truth of the gospel (2 Corinthians 4:4). Pray that God would convince them of His love for them and their need for salvation through Jesus Christ (John 3:16). Pray for wisdom as to how to best minister to them (James 1:5).

We must be willing and bold in our actual sharing of the gospel. Proclaim the message of salvation through Jesus Christ to your friends and family (Romans 10:9–10). Always be prepared to speak of your faith (1 Peter 3:15), doing so with gentleness and respect. There is no substitute for personally sharing the gospel: "Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ" (Romans 10:17).

In addition to praying and sharing our faith, we must also live godly Christian lives in front of our friends and family members so they can see the change God has made in us (1 Peter 3:1–2). Ultimately, we must leave the salvation of our loved ones up to God. It is God's power and grace that saves people, not our efforts. The best we can do is pray for them, witness to them, and live the Christian life in front of them. It is God who gives the increase (1 Corinthians 3:6).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by TrajansKong: 6:36pm On Nov 26, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Kill them immediately. They may go to heaven or hell. Either way they will learn of God's mercy or vengeance this day! The Gospel shall be shared.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by nmreports: 8:34am On Nov 27, 2016
You cannot do it without pushing them away especially if they are not interested or fellow christians.
Friends will run from you, folks will laugh at you but your skin will have to be tough.

You may also find yourself avoiding certain people and that is how it is when you dare to be different.

What you need is wisdom and discretion as well as pray for direction from God. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by trademoore1: 8:34am On Nov 27, 2016
kiss

Without love, deeds, even the most brilliant, count as nothing." - Therese Lisieux

Show them love. pray for them for conversion in your private room. You don't have to preach. They will be attracted to your life of holiness

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by dhardline(m): 8:35am On Nov 27, 2016
You can't force the outcome. They will despise you no matter how hard you try not to make them

to. But know this, in their their hearts they will place a very high value on you cause they know

you stand for the truth at all times but due to the fact that they are still spiritually blind and the

love of the world is still in their hearts they will not want to draw themselves close to the light.

One thing you should also know is that only God can change a man's heart so just keep doing

what's right and keep praying for them. God works in mysterious ways.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by freddie82(m): 8:36am On Nov 27, 2016
See u need to give dem money, more money, much more money lol. There's hunger in d land so it's easier to dis way

1 Like

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Jchi9876: 8:36am On Nov 27, 2016
Your attitude.

Christ said stand out amongst the crowd and let your lifestyle be a shinning example

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by HumanistMike(m): 8:38am On Nov 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Ask them if they want that gospel to be shared with them first.
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by freddie82(m): 8:39am On Nov 27, 2016
TrajansKong:

Kill them immediately. They may go to heaven or hell. Either way they will learn of God's mercy or vengeance this day! The Gospel shall be shared.
evils
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by d33types: 8:39am On Nov 27, 2016
By living your life peacefully.

Nigerians and religion sha.
I feel like just being a Christian without going to any church these days

I recommend Jefferson Bethke's Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
if they already know the gospel then leave them alone
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Educitti(m): 8:42am On Nov 27, 2016
A
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by nnamdibig(m): 8:42am On Nov 27, 2016
You share the gospel in so many ways and it must not be at a specific time. During conversations, you can also play cool gospel songs for any of them that is a music lover.
Lots of people tends to withdraw when the mediator becomes too serious.
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Rushmore(f): 8:43am On Nov 27, 2016
"Let your life be a living epistle" I always love this part of the scripture,when your lifestyle is a light amidst the dark,you find people drawing to you. You don't necessary need to rush into verbally preaching the word to people,your lifestyle speak more volumes than your words.
I hope this helped? Happy Sunday smiley
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by SalomonKane: 8:43am On Nov 27, 2016
Well, I'd rather be the one to push you away OP if we're close friends. The moment I discover your life style doesn't match mine. That's the day I kiss our friendship good bye.
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by DedeNkem: 8:44am On Nov 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Keep your dumb religion to yourself!

Drop your fictitious book (bible) and visit a science class for a change!
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 27, 2016
When people ask questions like this, I wonder what's with us trying by all means to convert people to our religion or belief system.

Now, OP, to answer your question , your fear of pushing them away means that they probably do not hold same belief as you, but, listen to this.

Most likely, you cannot try to 'evangelise' to people of different belief without pushingbthem away or making them resent you because they hold their belief for a reason and they are more comfortable that way. But, the more prudent question you should be asking is should you even try?

You see, matters of the heart, religion and faith are intensely personal, and being blatantly honest, nobody's business.

Trying to 'convert' someone just because you feel they 'should' follow your belief system is not only rude, but a violation of trust, particularly if it comes from a close friend who should be able to accept and accommodate you no matter what your personal belief might be.
If your friends lack of 'belief' is enough to break the bond between the both of you, then you were not really friends to begin with, for this is simply not how friendship should be.

Keep your beliefs and let them keep theirs.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by ecmb(m): 8:47am On Nov 27, 2016
By WISDOM
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Tallesty1(m): 8:48am On Nov 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
The best way to covert or preach to those near to you is to allow Christianity to manifest in your life, attitude and day to day activities.

It attracts them like sugar attracts ants.

I know a man that converted to Christianity because amongst all his children, only the girl that's a believer lead the life he wants..
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Opistorincos(m): 8:50am On Nov 27, 2016
grin
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by EternalBeing: 8:51am On Nov 27, 2016
Don't ever be afraid of getting people to hate you as a result of doing the only thing GOD mandated us to. "He that love friends; approval of men more than me is not worthy..." Even some Pastors don't tell their massive congregation the Truth because of fear of losing number. All must read this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3488285/smaller-stronger#51410806

1 Like

Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by blackpanda: 8:54am On Nov 27, 2016
Whenever u feel you need to preach and chant in order to change someone,

DONT grin
Re: How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 27, 2016
@OP, yhu re not ready to evangelise or for evangelism angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? / Nigeria, Write Down The Date MAY 16th 2018 | New TB Joshua PROPHECY / VIDEO: Pastor Caught With Another Man's Wife!! Oh Nooo! (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.