Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge (378602 Views)

I Fit Be Second Jesus(sex Na Food 2)the Return Of Spana By Youngzubi / Any Crime Story Here Better Than Tarasha Suggest / Tarasha Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
Chapter 5 Part 4

'I think we can drop her here now,' Tarasha said to Aisha, looking backwards through the back glass. 'We've got no one following us,' she added.

Aisha stopped right at the middle of the road since there were no vehicles coming forth. 'Are we going to drop her just like that?' She asked, taking her hands off the wheel.

Tarasha paused for a minute to stare at Aisha, trying to figure out what she meant by the question. 'There's no need to harm her, she seems nice to me.' Tarasha said and glanced at the officer with an evil smile.

Inspector Sandra fastened her eyes on Tarasha's face, she knew Tarasha was making a face at her but couldn't see the expression as a result of the shadow that covered it.

Tarasha walked past her to the end of the bus and knelt before her backpack. She opened and began to search for something, conscious of Inspector Sandra's eyes which were on her.

'Boss, she has seen our faces,' Aisha paused and let out a short breath. 'What about the other officers who saw your face there?' Aisha asked.

Tarasha glanced back at her briefly and then turned to continue with her to search in the bag. She rose up after picking out a wallet and picked the gun which she had placed on the ground beside her foot.

She proceeded towards the Inspector slowly. 'Nobody there saw my face clearly, the makeup is not completely cleaned yet and I turned off the lights at the gate. Even this officer would not recognize me the next time she sees me,' she said in reply to Aisha's last question, now squatting in front of Inspector Sandra She placed the tip of the gun against the Inspector's nose. 'I would have made her forget completely that she saw anyone like Samantha Osman but I sent her an errand...' Tarasha stopped abruptly. She stared away blankly, appearing to be thinking about what to do.

'Boss, I think we're staying too long already,' Aisha said to her with the aim of reminding her that they had paused driving.

Tarasha sighed and placed the wallet in the other hand on the ground, she opened it and took out one of the neatly arranged pins in it. 'She just have to forget about this completely,' she took out the cap from the pin and took it closer to the Inspector's arm. Sandra tried to resist but Tarasha overpowered her with just a hand and inserted the pin just below her shoulder. The Inspector's eyes closed slowly and she fell into an unwanted deep sleep. Tarasha closed back the wallet and tossed it behind to the bag. She rose up dragging the Inspector's body to the door, she paused to push open the door and stepped out first. Then she carefully lifted the Inspector's body to her shoulder. She walked round past the front of the vehicle and dropped the Inspector carefully on grasses in the road median strip.

She walked towards the driver's side of the bus instead of going back to the passenger's back side where she came out from. Aisha moved to the passenger's front seat before Tarasha could open the door.

'Get down, bring my bag and that wallet,' she ordered hurriedly. Aisha responded swiftly and was out of the bus and to the back in no time, she returned to the front seat with the backpack and the wallet.

Tarasha zoomed off immediately and they both remained in silence for the following few minutes. Both had entirely different thoughts on their mind. For Tarasha, she was thinking about getting Cole and then Henry at the base. She was also seriously fighting the thoughts of Stephanie from drifting back into her mind. She had forgotten temporarily about the book and author she discovered in the library.

Aisha on the other hand was full of thanks for being finally out of the Don's imprisonment but the most important thing on her mind that gave her worries were her parents but she decided not to ask about them from Tarasha at the moment but wait for the right time.

'Do you know the where they took Cole to?' Tarasha finally broke the silence.

______

'There's no bomb here,' the officer kneeling before the box on the balcony said to the other three officers standing behind. 'The explosive has been disconnected and only the timer is working, she placed it to deceive you.' he said as he rose to his feet.

'She deceived you,' the officer who waited out of the first eight said, in mockery of the security guard.

'You would have been deceived too if it were you, it looked so real,' the security man shot back at him.

'I would have taken her out if it was me,' the officer argued.

'That girl is a witch, the bullets in my gun disappeared into her bag.' the security man said in a stressed tone.

The other officers with the security man and the previous officer exchanged looks and giggled in mockery of the security man's words. They began to climb down the verandah.

'That lady is an strange truly, the way she moved from here to the other compound so quietly still baffles me,' the officer behind spoke, making the others look back.

'Are you sure you were watching properly?' one of the officers asked.

'You cannot but watch properly when Inspector Sandra is there,' he replied them and began to proceed down the verandah. They all began to walk back towards the gate. 'I wonder who that lady is, she displayed expertise in everyway. She held Inspector Sandra so firmly and covered her body with the Inspector's so well that one would have shot the Inspector if he tried to shoot her.'

'Soon we will unravel the mystery behind it and see if our suspicions are true,' one of his Co officers replied. Everyone breathed in at his response, they all had the fear in mind that Samantha Osman could have been the lady since Aisha Bello who was connected to her had her parents previously locked in that building.

'Didn't you say there was someone in this place?' he asked, pointing to the security building as they approached the place.

'Yes, my colleague, he brought in a visitor.' the security man answered, looking worried as he climbed up the three steps stairs to the security building door. He knocked the door thrice softly and waited. There was no response. He knocked thrice again, this time harder. There was still no response. 'Tobi!' he allowed shouted as he began to push the door forcefully. The door finally gave way and he walked in, only to rush out back coughing.

'What's that?' the officers asked him, pointing in their torchlights.

The room was lit in with a blue night bedroom light. They could see as they moved closer to the entrance, traces of light smoke in the room.

One of the officers pointed in his torch with one leg on the third step and the other on the second, covering his nose from the odor of the gas flowing outside from the room. His torchlight focus got to the bed in the room and he could see two half unclad people, a man and a woman sprawled in the bed. 'I think the room was poisoned with a gas,' he said aloud as he turned back, down the stairs and coughed out twice.

'It must have been through this place,' another officer said, showing to them a hole made on the net at the window of the building.

'We have to get them out before they die, that's if they've not been killed already.' the security man said in a frightened voice.

'The gas doesn't kill someone, it only makes one weak, it's a very light gas but we need to cover our nose with something sprinkled with kerosene before entering.'

'I have kerosene but it's also inside this building,' the security man replied.

'Except the kerosene is at the entrance, I don't think anyone can last ten seconds if he enters this room.'

'Officers, we need to go back into this other place now, there are some men who are unconscious but still alive there, we have to move them to the hospital as soon as possible.' the senior officer said as he proceeded towards the gate.

The others followed him except for the security man, they met with three other officers waiting for them outside the gate.

'Do we still need more officers to come here?' One of the officers asked, directing the question to the one they had met at the place.'

'The officers who went after Inspector Sandra's captors may need...' he paused suddenly as they all heard a familiar sound. Gunshots. They could calculate the distance of shots from where they were, the direction was the one their colleagues had taken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
**Happening at the same time**

'Is everybody ready?' Stone shouted at the boys who on his order were setting up their guns to attack the police. The police were still shouting for them to stop and giving them a hot chase but limited by the median strip that separated the dual carriageways.

'Yes,' about six of them answered Stone's question in unison.

'Since they're still in their vehicles, only those at the window sides facing their cars should shoot...' Stone stopped abruptly to take out the ringing phone from his pocket. 'Aim at their tyres,' he continued after seeing the caller's ID. 'Let them...' two gunshots hit the bus at the side and all the boys ducked including the driver which almost caused an accident.

'Stop the bus!' Stone finally commanded. They were about turning to round a road curve which led onto a bridge and another normal road from their carriageway and was supposed to lead down from the bridge to the other carriageway the police vehicles were. It meant the vehicles would sooner or later meet on the bridge as there would be no more median strip separating them. The down part of the road was not an option for Stone's team as it led to somewhere else entirely, only the bridge led to the warehouse where Don was from that place.

The bus screeched to an halt just before they got to the curve. 'Open fire and aim at their tyres and the drivers,' Stone ordered the boys.

Unluckily for the officers, they had stopped at only two shots because they thought it was the same vehicle that had Inspector Sandra in it and they had also reduced their speed as they made to turn into the other carriageway, thinking that they had succeeded in making the driver of the bus give up.

The three guys at the right side of the bus released fire towards the police vehicles through their windows. Stone stepped out from the bus and moved o guards forward to join in the shooting. The police vehicle in front was the first to tumble and burst out in flames while the other continued in motion until Stone aimed directly at the driver of the car, it lost control and ran into the huge rectangular pole separating the bridge from the road below.

'Anybody hurt?' Stone asked as he stepped back into the bus hurriedly. His phone which he left on the seat was ringing again. 'Watch carefully,' he said to the boys before he picked up the phone.

'Stain,' he answered the call as he sat and jammed the door.

'Don escaped from the warehouse and he's at the street behind the warehouse,' Stainless conveyed sharply.

'Oh! Where's the street behind the warehouse?' Stone sounded confused.

'Give the phone to the driver,' Stainless replied and Stone quickly obeyed. The driver spoke with Stainless for thirty seconds and handed back the phone to Stone with the call already ended. He started the engine and turned away from the entrance of the bridge into the road beside.

_____

'Calm down, they're coming to get you,' Stainless said into the phone.

'They should be fast, I heard several gunshots about two minutes ago. I think Tarasha is still around and trying to get away,' Don replied in a deep voice.

'I spoke to them now, they should get to you in less than ten minutes.' he said and ended the call after listening to Don's reply. He was not too happy about Don being saved but he had no option but to follow Rex' orders. Even though he and Don were working together for the moment, they still remained rivals and he never took this fact of his mind. He wanted Don out of the picture as soon as possible, so he could continue to relate with Rex directly and not through Don like it had been before.

____

'I never heard them say it boss,' Aisha repeated for the third time without getting any visible reponse from Tarasha. Tarasha seemed not to be listening at all. Her gaze was fixed forward and hands firmly on the wheels.

'14/16, Ejiro Street, behind Rael University Campus.' she spoke out unexpectedly like a student who had just remembered a line she line she crammed. 'That's where they took Cole to? Do you know there?' she turned her face to Aisha with a firm stare.

'Can you come again please?' Aisha asked politely.

'14/16, Ejiro Street, behind Rael University Campus.' Tarasha recited the words again, exactly the same way she had been told at the warehouse.

'I know the street, I think we can find the building with that number if we drive there.' Aisha answered

'How far is it?' Tarasha asked.

'Not far,' came the sharp and brief answer. 'But we'll have to take the next turn back or go through another route which is longer,' she added, staring intently at Tarasha's face as if to encourage her make a quick decision.

'We're not going there,' Tarasha said. 'Its a waste of time. They'll be expecting us and would have left there or set traps for us.'

Aisha heaved a sigh, still staring at Tarasha's face, wanting to ask her what they were going to do about Cole.

'There's nothing we can do about Cole now,' Tarasha said in a low depressing tone.

Aisha closed her eyes and took in a deep breath as she rested her on her arm against the dashboard. She raised up her head as the question she had been wanting to ask drifted back into her mind.

'What about his parents?' she said, asking about hers indirectly.

Tarasha could sense the tactic in her tone but answered anyway. 'Your parents are fine and his are fine also, they're in a hospital and should be transferred to the police care from there.'

Aisha felt a heavy load lifted from her shoulders on hearing Tarasha's words, there was a calmness in her mind and even her body reacted to the good news. She slowly placed her forehead back to her arm which she rested on the dashboard.

'What's the time now?' Tarasha asked after some few seconds of silence, there was an urgency in her voice.

Aisha raised her head and began to search frantically for where to check the time.

'There's a phone in the front opening of that bag,' Tarasha said, nodding towards the backpack on Aisha's lap.

'It's 4.13am,' Aisha said after checking on the phone but Tarasha had already seen it at the same time with her.

'I can hear the sounds of vehicles, more security officers are on their way,' she said and increased her driving speed.

Aisha squinted and slanted her head slightly, trying to also hear what Tarasha heard but after minutes of attentive listening, she gave up without hearing anything she expected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
5.50am

The darkness of the night was not yet overthrown by light, the sun was not out to do it's part of the job in brightening the earth but the street lights and halogen lamps they brought helped them to see.

The carriageways at each sides leading down and up the bridge were completely blocked, barricaded with different police vehicles and tapes to signal to coming motorists that they were approaching a crime scene and they needed to turn back.

Several police officers and members of other armed forces were at the crime scene, making their peculiar observations while the medical team were doing away with the bodies. All the members of the Rapid Response Squad in both vehicles had died except for one, the senior officer who had insisted and led them in going after the captors of Inspector Sandra. He had been badly injured and unconscious when he was taken out of the vehicle from the left back where he was seated. It was the second vehicle which did not explode but ran into the large pole after receiving bullets from different sides. Most of the officers in it had not died just because of the sprayed bullets from their attackers which met them, but the accident also contributed to the speed at which they passed away. The other vehicle which had tumbled and burst out in flames had left no survivor, most of the occupants were badly burnt and unrecognizable.

'Officer, you said there were only two ladies in that bus.' another officer asked the grief stricken officer, the one who had suggested that the rest of the RRS go while he waited for the backup team.

'Yes, only two ladies.' he replied in a shaky voice, watching as the medicals moved the badly burnt bodies of the officers he had been with only few hours ago.

'But the girls didn't kill Inspector Sandra, they didn't even harm her at all,' the questioning officer said, with his eyes brows gathering together.

'They promised not to harm Inspector Sandra if we didn't follow them, I think they got mad and had to attack when they saw our vehicles coming after them.' the officer replied.

'But you said they were only two girls, how can those two girls handle seven of our trained men?' he asked in an unsure tone and began to take slow steps away from the scene. The Inspector he was discussing with began to move with him.

'That I can't explain too, except our suspicion about one of the ladies being Samantha Osman is true' he said, a confused look appeared on his face. 'And I'm wondering how they met here, I expected that the bus should have gone farther than this place considering the speed and the space of time they left before our men followed. I wasn't even expecting our men to catch up with them.'

'Hmm... That's something to think about,' he replied and paused briefly. Another officer stopped at his front and saluted. 'Yes, officer?' he urged the saluting officer to relay his message.

'I got information that some of the unconscious men recovered from the building beside the library are awake now and one of them has also mentioned that Samantha Osman was there,' he said in a sharp tone and stopped, staring at their faces as if waiting for the information to sink. The two senior officers exchange looks and the frown on their faces deepened. 'The doctors attending to the rescued abducted people have also confirmed that the girl and the couples can talk to us now.'

Read Chapter 5 Parts 5 to 9 on www.youngicee.com

2 Likes

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
Kindly drop your comments guys
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Gotee11(m): 6:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
nice update but it took you much time to do it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by SOPIGO: 7:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
Oyinprince:
Kindly drop your comments guys
BRO thanks.... Though, u are writing exams u still took d pain to feed me with ur write up.thanks once more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Alennsar(f): 7:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
how is your exam? best of luck oo
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by kingofcasting(m): 9:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
Oyinprince:
CHAPTER 5 Part 3

The three cars drove into the compound one after the other raising heaps of dust behind. The back door of the first car opened and Stainless stepped out with his phone to his ears.

'We just got there boss,' he said as he walked towards the main building with a cigarette in his mouth.

'Are you sure it's safer than where you were before?'

'Yes, even Don does not know this place.' Stainless replied.

'Talking about Don, you have to send some boys to watch the place and tell him when it is safe to leave his hiding spot.' Rex said.

'Okay boss, I'll tell Stone right away.'

'Good, I'll be leaving here as early as 5am today and would also require you to provide transport arrangement to your location for me. Get to work as quick as possible.'

'That's nothing much, it's done already.'

'That other guy who promised to work with you for money and to get back his parents, don't start anything with him yet. Also make sure he doesn't find out that his parents have been taken out by Tarasha already. I will tell you what to do with him when I get there,' Rex said slowly in a concluding tone.

'Alright boss.'

'Now, send men immediately to watch for Don or...' Rex stopped abruptly, he seemed to have gotten a new idea. 'This is what you should do; order your men to take note of the number of police officers there, attack them if they're a number you can attack and rescue Don. If they are more than you can beat, let them report and you get back to me as soon as possible.'

_________

'We can't all just leave this place now,' Inspector Sandra who led the team said. 'In fact, I don't think any of us should go in, this man might have just called to pull us into a trap.' she added, looking suspiciously towards the security man.

'I swear, the bomb is at the front of the library and it was reading, there'll be about five minutes left now.' the security man defended himself with a shaky voice, his hand raised high as one of the officers had his gun tip to his back.

'Lead us in,' Inspector Sandra finally said, leaving the back of the car to come and stand behind the security man. She pointed her gun at him as she directed him towards their gate. She signalled for three of her men to follow her and for other three to stay in front of the library gate.

Three men stood at different directions of the library gate while four people including Inspector Sandra went in, the remaining one officer was left at the car in front of the warehouse gate where he stood at alert with his gun pointed towards the library gate. The three men standing outside the Library gate spaced themselves and pointed their guns towards the gate.

Just as Inspector Sandra and the rest three entered into the gate with the security man, the bulbs at the gate of the warehouse went off, adding more darkness to the place which was already made dark with the lights at the library gate off. The men turned their guns towards the gate and shot sporadically but they didn't see anyone or anything else move. Inspector Sandra rushed back outside immediately with the three she entered with.

'What's that?' Inspector Sandra asked charging carefully towards the gate with her long gun pointed.

'The lights went off,' one of the men standing outside replied her as both of them moved slowly towards the widely opened gate with their guns readied.

'But how can that be? We met no one inside,' Inspector Sandra sounded confused. 'Do the gates have the same control for the lights?' she asked, looking towards the Security man who was standing outside the Library gate.

'We have less than five minutes to stop the Bomb,' the security man answered, totally unconcerned about her own question.

'We don't have any of the anti-bomb squad members here, we've called for reinforcement from the office, we can only hope they answer fast.' she replied him. Taking out a torch light from her pocket to point towards the now dark widely opened gate.

'But we're all going to die if that bomb goes off,' the Security man implied in a fearful tone.

'We're not all going to die,' Inspector Sandra replied in a confident tone. 'The person who placed the bomb is still around and would not ignite it now.'

With the tiny torch between her lips, she marched slowly into the warehouse compound again, two of her men following while the rest stood at alert outside the facility.

She turned her head sideways as she walked past the opened arm of the gate. As she attempted to turn to check behind the opened arm, a strong hand gripped the fists in which she held the gun. She gasped and tried to shoot but her hands were twisted before she could make any move, the gun dropped from her hands and she fell to her knees weakly giving out a loud scream, the pain from her twisted arms speedily transferring through her whole body.

'Get up,' Tarasha pulled her up and turned her body, making her back lean on her chest. She placed an arm around her neck tightly and a gun to the side of her head.

'Move back or I blow off her brains,' she threatened as she marched out holding the female Inspector as an hostage. The officers all stood at alert, pointing their guns towards Tarasha but none could pull the trigger at the sight of their boss.

'Drop your guns,' Tarasha shouted at them. They remained firm with their guns, most of them having their torchlights in their mouths while Tarasha had the light on her forehead. She cocked the gun placed at the side of the Inspector's neck and stopped at the middle of the entrance.

'Drop your guns,' Inspector Sandra squealed out in pains. The officers obeyed slowly and one after the other. Tarasha waited until the last one obeyed the order before taking two steps forward.

'Now everybody move back, ' Tarasha ordered again. The men were hesitant for a while until she tightened her arm around inspector Sandra's neck again. They move back slowly until they all got to the spot she directed them with her head to, far away from their vehicles and where they dropped their guns to the middle of the road. She looked downwards and whispered something. The permeable iron cover placed over the drainage to allow for vehicles passage in through the gate was pushed up noisily and Aisha got out of the place, dusting off her body.

'Get in and drive out that bus,' Tarasha ordered Aisha, pointing back into the compound.

Aisha walked past Tarasha into the compound without saying anything. She turned to the place the bus was parked and entered into the driver's side which was still opened as Tarasha had left it when she drove in with it. The engine had automatically gone off after some minutes. Aisha started the vehicle and began to drive out the bus in reverse motion. Tarasha moved to the side of the fence to allow the bus pass.

It took close to three minutes for Aisha to drive to a free space because of the police vehicles parked in front. Then Tarasha joined her in the bus still holding Inspector Sandra hostage.

'Are we closer now?' Stone rubbed his eyes and yawned as he asked.

'Yes, just about twenty five minutes drive to the place.' the driver of the bus replied him.

'Okay... Remember that we are not getting to the place, we will stop far away and walk there to check.' Stone reminded him.

'Yes, I remember that but I'm still doubting the possibility of we not coming across any police officer or security man around the area if we walk,' the driver replied.

'I doubt that too,' one of the other guys from the passenger's seat behind supported. The number of boys in the boys totaled up to to nine.

'Are you students of Rael University also?' Stone asked, glancing at the face of the guy who joined the conversation.

'No, I'm not but some of us here are.'

'Except for the police officers that are at the place, we won't meet any other because Don with the help of Ojo has settled all the security officials around the Rael University area.' Rex said and chuckled. 'Your forces are better now but not totally free from corruption. I hear that's how Ojo pays them everytime he wants to operate. He only tells the bosses that he has a silent job to do and the bosses call off every other officers on duty and ask them to avoid the whole area.'

'Wow! I understand now why we haven't been accosted by any Security Official with our driving around for the past one hour.'

'Shh... Stop the vehicle,' Rex said, placing a finger on his lips. He was looking through the front glass at something coming from afar.

The driver dimmed the front lights first before gradually bringing the vehicle to a halt. He turned off the engine totally.

'Are you seeing that too?' Stone asked as he glanced at the driver who was also staring towards the same direction.

They could see from afar the headlights of a bus coming towards their direction from the other carriageway, the headlights became brighter and brighter as the bus came closer.

'Could we be wrong? Are police officers on patrol?'

_______

'Boss. I can see a vehicle coming this way,' Aisha called onto Tarasha.

Tarasha rose up slowly from the ground behind the driver's seat where she sat near the hostage and looked out through the front glass. 'Could that be officers on patrol?' she asked.

'I don't know,' Aisha answered, reducing the speed of the vehicle. 'But I think they're also slowing down.'

'Take that turn,' Tarasha said, pointing Aisha towards the turn into another straight road.

Tarasha looked back when she heard sounds of slight movement, she saw the police officer dragging herself on the floor towards her slowly and trying not to make any noise, she was trying to get up silently and possibly disarm Tarasha.

Their eyes met and the Inspector paused in shock and intense fear.

Tarasha smiled wryly. 'Calm down bae, we're going to drop you off soon,' she said as she squatted before her. She touched the Inspector's fingers which was placed on the floor but the Inspector withdrew quickly and shot a furious look at her. Tarasha smiled again. 'If you do anything stupid, I'll send you to hell,' she threatened with a devilish chuckle.

Tarasha rose up and turned as the vehicle turned into another direction. 'Are they still coming?' she asked, peering through the glass.

'They halted already,' Aisha replied, increasing the speed of the car.

'Drive faster, and let's drop this officer somewhere soon.' Tarasha said. She turned and squatted before the Inspector again, 'I have an assignment for you,' she said in low tones.

The Inspector stared deeply into her eyes.

'That girl Stephanie,' Tarasha continued. 'Make sure you fish out all others who have a hand in her kidnap.'

____

'Isn't that one of our buses?' the driver asked, his eyes following the bus as it turned.

'I was about to say the same thing,' the guy at the immediate back seat joined. 'It's the same as this one. '

'A girl is the one driving it,' Stone said.

'Could that be her?' the guy behind Stone asked, directing his question to no one in particular. They watch the bus turned at a far distance and took a straight road with led to a bridge.

'Could it be who?' Stone asked, glancing back at him. Every other person's eyes also turned to him.

'I mean Samantha Osman,' he replied, stuttering.

'Don said she took out all the boys already, I believe she's the one escaping,' Stone replied, still peering towards the direction taken by the bus.

'Should we go after the bus?' the driver asked.

'Huh? Go after what?' Stone replied in such a way that panic was revealed.

'I mean the bus...'

'That's not the instruction we were given,' Stone said in defense as he could feel the eyes of all the boys on him and their minds accusing him of being fearful. 'We have to follow instructions. We were asked to help Don, not to pursue Samantha Osman.' he added, taking out his phone from his pocket. 'Start the car and continue driving,' he ordered the driver as he opened the dial pad on his phone.

'I should drive after her?' the driver asked a stupid question as he turned the key.

'F**k you! Continue in the same direction we were going before,' Stone barked at him in rage. He could hear suppressed giggles and whispers from the guys at the back, not that they also wished to go after Tarasha but watching a supposed leader scared was funny.

Stone shot a furious look at them as he placed the phone to his ear, they maintained silence immediately. The driver turned the vehicle into the road and continued in a straight direction.

'Stainless, we just saw Samantha Osman drive by...' Stone said into the phone.

____

'You saw who?' Stainless exclaimed, getting up from the bench he was sitting on outside the building.

'Samantha, she drove past us in one of our buses.' Stone's voice sounded from the other end.

'And what did you do?' Stainless asked in an excited tone.

'What should we have done? Attack her or go after saving Don according to what we were sent?'

'Oh!' Stainless sounded somewhat disappointed and added a sigh. 'So what are you doing now?'

'Doing what we were sent, I just thought I should inform you about it,' Stone said in a concluding tone.

'Okay...' Stainless said, not knowing what else to say. He was about to end the call when a question popped up in his mind. 'How did you...' he tried to speak but the line went off already.

He quickly opened the call records and dialled back Stone, his call was answered almost immediately. 'Hey, how did you know she was the one?' he asked immediately the call was answered. 'I don't think you've seen her before, have you?'

'We saw a girl at the driver's side of the bus, didn't Don say she attacked the warehouse?'

'Yes, he said so. How close were you to her?' Stainless asked again.

'We were...' Stone began but his voice faded away slowly.

'You were what?' Stainless asked but the immediate reply he got was silence.

'Shit! We just ran into the police officers now,' he heard Stone's voice before the line went off.

____

Eight minutes ago

'Pick your guns and let's go after them right now,' one of the senior officers in the team barked at the rest.

'We must be careful, we still need those men breathing inside.' another officer of the same rank countered him, not ready to move.

The officer who gave the first order paused to think for a second. 'But we have to save Inspector Sandra, we can't let them go with her.'

'She said she was not going to hurt her except we disobeyed,' the second officer recounted Tarasha's words.

'Are you going to believe the words of a criminal?' the first officer retorted.

'We have no choice, she threatened to kill her if she finds out we're following.'

'So do we just sit and watch?'

'No, we will get those guys who are alive, they could have some information for us, if we all leave here now, she might have gotten away already or kill Inspector Sandra like she threatened. We have a better chance of getting the criminal if we can extract information from the sedated guys we found inside but if we all leave now, the sedated guys would have escaped before we return or before another group comes here.' His phone rang out loud, stopping his co-debater from giving a counter-argument. 'Hey you... On your way? Where exactly are you?' he said into the phone. 'Drive faster...' he concluded the call. 'A six man backup team is on the way,' he said to the waiting ears of the remaining officers.

'What do we do now?' the other debating Officer asked.

The other smiled, feeling victorious that his co-debater was now asking what to do from him.

'Some of us could go after that bus while only one or two of us should stay here,' he said. 'The backup team is only two minutes far from here.'

'Who's going and who's staying?' the officer asked, already making his way into the car.

'I will stay with him,' he replied, looking towards the library security man. 'You can go with the others.'

____

**Present**

'Boss,' Stainless said into the phone, after inhaling from his cigarette. 'The boys just ran into the police.

'Right now?' Rex's voice sounded.

'Yes,' Stainless replied. He took in another drag, 'And they also claimed to have seen Tarasha from afar.'

There was a longer silence from Rex than expected. 'Was she the only one they saw?'

'Yes, she was driving away with one of our buses.'

'Did she attack them?' Rex asked.

'No, I don't think she saw them, they didn't go after her.'

'She would have killed them all if they did,' Rex said. There was silence for few seconds. 'Can your boys handle the police?'

'It depends on the number of police officers, we paid the usual ones working around the area already, the ones they meet can only be from the emergency squad and they can't be so many at this time of the day but they can increase as the day matures.'

'I'll call you back in two minutes,' Rex said, his tone suggesting he needed to attend to something urgently.

____

'I'll call you back in two minutes,' Rex said and quickly cut the call to receive the other incoming call. 'Don, where are you now?'

'I'm out of the place, I got out through the back fence immediately I noticed that the officers were far away.'

'Cool, some guys are out to pick you already, call Stainless now.'

_____

**Meanwhile, Stone and the boys immediately after his call with stainless**

'Stop right there,' The boys in the bus could hear the officers shout from the other carriageway. Luckily, the median strip separated their vehicles and there was no close contact.

'Keep driving,' Stone instructed the driver who increased the speed drastically. The only options they had were to face the officers or keep running away in the forward direction. They had passed the only close turn which route Tarasha's bus had taken, so there was no turning or going back as that would mean entering into the police hands.

The police vehicles at the other carriageway made a U-turn on the same road and sped crazily back. The resemblance of the bus they saw to the one Aisha and Tarasha drove away with had made them think it was the same bus. The way they turned the vehicles could have caused an accident on a normal day as their new direction was opposite of what the carriageway was meant for but because of the hour of the day, the roads were free of cars and pedestrians.

'I think those are the officers we're on our way to check,' Stone said as he read the inscription of the police vehicles "Rapid Response Squad". 'They're not much,' he continued. 'We may have to face them.'

Read more parts on www.youngicee.com

speechless
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by missuniverse(f): 11:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
oyin is back again...
hope ur exam went well..

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2017
missuniverse:
oyin is back again...
hope ur exam went well..
Yea, thanks
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2017
kingofcasting:
speechless
Thanks but try not to quote all next time
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 10:39pm On Mar 18, 2017
Chapter 5 Part 5

7:36am

As expected, journalists from different media houses had flooded the whole Rael University environs. The police had a hard time doing away with them. Pictures of the scene of the gun exchange scene between the police and the Hoodlums had gone viral on the internet shared on blogs and on different social media platforms. It had been reported that the dreaded Samantha Osman had attacked an abandoned warehouse which was being used by another gang and slew several members of the gang and the policemen who tried to stop her escape. The press had been able to squeeze out the information from sources who preferred to remain anonymous, mostly workers of the government hospital where the sedated gang members were been attended to.

**1 hour, 30 minutes ago**

'She was there, she...' The officers barged into the ward disrupting the conversation between the doctor and the sedated men who had been revived.

The two men were seated on low metal chairs with adjustable backrests, their shirts were off and a syringe connected to a drip line was fastened to their hand passing intravenous fluid in through their veins to totally wipe off the effect of the tranquilizer from their system. Their other hands were also fastened to the armrest of their seat with a metal chain locked with a key.

The large hospital ward had about six officers in it already, the two hospital beds had been moved away to the walls to allow for more space.

'Inspector Mac,' the Inspector displayed his ID card to the culprits as the Doctor gave way for them. He signaled for the Doctor and junior officers guarding them to leave the place.

'Tell us what happened there?' he asked when the others were out of sight.

'We were attacked by Samantha Osman,' one of them replied - the one who Tarasha met in the quarters behind the main warehouse and forced out the address of the place Cole was taken to from.

'So you know her very well,' Inspector Mac said, glancing at the face of his colleague who stood beside him.

'No, I don't, she introduced herself,' he replied.

'So what did she come to do?'

'She took away the people we kidnapped...'

'So you were also part of those involved in the kidnap,' Inspector Mac interrupted.

'I knew about it and I was asked to watch over them with some others.'

'So you were watching over them where we found you?'

'Yes.'

'And then what happened?'

'Samantha Osman attacked us suddenly and took out all of them...'

'How many of them?'

'Four, two different married couples.'

'Only four? Inspector Mac asked. The guy nodded in affirmation. 'Was there any young person there?'

'Oh!' he sounded like he remembered something. 'The couples were actually aged but there was a young girl there before, she was taken out before Samantha came.'

'You don't know who the young girl was?'

'She wasn't part of my own job, but I know she was brought from Rael University.'

'After taking the couples, what else did Samantha Osman do?'

'She asked me to deliver a message to my boss.'

'Who is your boss?'

'Don.'

'Tell me about Don.'

'Don is my boss.'

'Are you alright? I said tell me about him.'

'I don't know anything else...' a blow from Inspector Mac landed on his mouth.

Inspector Mac looked away from him to the other one seated. 'Who is Don?' he asked again, directing the question to the both of them.

'He just told you the truth, we don't know much about him. We work for him and he pays us,' the other guy replied in fear, shaking as he anticipated his own blow from the Inspector.

'Were you also there when Samantha Osman came in?'

'I was but I don't know all these he's saying,' he said, glancing at his colleague who was still pressing his lips softly to reduce the pain the blow caused.

'He was taken out before me,' the first said in confirmation of the other's last word.

'So where can we find your boss?'

'He was in that place after Samantha came, I think she returned and fought with him. I don't know if he's still alive.'

'So Samantha killed your boss?'

'I'm not sure about that yet.'

Inspector Mac paused to think for a while. He glanced at the faces of the other officer in the room for him to come to his rescue as he already ran out of questions to ask.

He turned back slowly to them as a new question came to his mind. His phone began to ring. 'Where do you think your boss or Samantha could be?'

'I don't know about Don but I know Samantha wanted to free somebody else from us at our other base. 14/16, Ejiro Street behind Rael University Main Campus.'

'Come again,' Inspector Mac said, signalling for the co-officer to take down the address. 'Good,' he said after the officer signaled that the address had been written. 'We have to go there right away, call the office to order for more men.' he said to the officer.

He turned back towards the exit and took out his phone which was ringing for the second time, he checked the screen for the caller's ID. Inspector Dakolo.

_______

'When are you coming boss?' Don said into his phone, his voice sounded weak and shaky. His eyes were red as a result of lack of sleep, he couldn't enjoy his sleep on the old sofa where he laid in the new hideout. The building was an old one, owned by one of Stainless' friend who was an assassin and armed robber. He had inherited it from his late parents and used it as an hideout while he had other big houses in town.

Stainless was seated at the dining area of the living room, sleeping with his head rested on the dining table while Stone was on a two seater sofa where he folded his body to manage the space. Some of the other boys slept on the floor and several other places around while three boys stayed in the same room Cole was, with fetters on his hands and legs.

'I'm on my way,' Rex replied him. 'In a public transport car to Lagos, we'll discuss more when I get there. You and your guys should get enough sleep for now. I don't think I'll be needing anyone to pick me anymore, I've been able to study the routes. But brace up for the work ahead,' Rex replied in a calm tone.

'Okay boss, we'll do as you say.'

Don said and the call ended. His eyes met with Stainless' as he was about to lay his head on the armrest. Both looked away almost immediately and pretended not to have seen each other.

_____

**8:03am**

'Where is this place?' Tarasha asked Aisha as they walked through the road crowded with pedestrians, most of them trying to get transport to their places of work while the others hurrying on foot to their shops and stalls.

'This is Oshodi,' Aisha replied, carrying a travelling bag in her hand. Tarasha also had the backpack she carried all-night strapped to her back once more.

'Do you know how we can get back to the previous lodge we have in Lagos?' Tarasha asked her.

'Yes, I know. We need to cross to the other side and get a bus.'

10am

Stephanie sipped slowly the warm tea from the tea cup, staring blankly at the wall in front of her. She was lost in thoughts and had totally forgotten the nurse by her side waiting for her to finish eating so that she would administer the drugs. Thoughts of Tarasha or 'Natashay' as she knew her would not leave her mind. She kept wondering who 'Natashay' was and why she came to save them. From the brief session she had with the police earlier, they had given her the idea that 'Natashay' was a bad person. But to her, she didn't appear bad of course except for the way she brutally killed Ojo and some of Ojo's men whom she gunned down. But even if she was bad, she was bad for a good reason, Stephanie thought to herself. There seemed to be something unique about 'Natashay' and Stephanie found herself longing to meet her again. She hoped she'll appear again and then be free from all police accusation.

'Let me keep this for you,' someone said, bringing her out of the realm of her thoughts. The nurse was trying to take the empty cup from her while she still held it firmly to her lips like the liquid mixture still remained. She finally released the cup and adjusted her seating position on the bed. The wound on her neck had been covered more firmly with bandage and the pain had reduced greatly.

'Here,' the nurse spoke, handing her selected pills and a cup of water to take the drugs.

Stephanie frowned. She hated the sight and smell of drugs. She reluctantly stretched out her palm to receive the drugs and then the cup of water.

'Steph, your friends are here to see you.' she heard a male's voice as she dropped the pills in her mouth and swallowed with the help of the water. She looked towards the direction of the voice after taking an extra sip of water. It was the Doctor who was walking towards the bed from the door.

'Here, you have more.' the nurse beside her said, calling her attention to more drugs she was to use.

'Oh!' Stephanie exclaimed distastefully as her eyes met with the medicine in the nurse's hand. She took them reluctantly again and swallowed them with another cup of water.

'Where are my friends and which of them are you talking about?' she asked after handing over the cup back to the nurse. The nurse cleared the breakfast tray on the patient's drawer and proceeded out of the ward.

'Two members of the SWAD group, they came after the police contacted them. They also said the one who was involved in your kidnap has been arrested by the officers.' the doctor replied her with a smile.

'Oh!' a smile appeared on her face but it quickly turned to a bitter frown as she tasted a bitter undissolved pill she hadn't swallowed completely. It took sometime for her to speak out again. 'Where are they? Why can't they come in?' she asked.

'The police ordered that no one be allowed to see you until they're here,' the doctor answered with another kind smile. He seemed to take special interest in her as his eyes focused on her face without blinking or moving away.

'But there are policemen around, I saw one or two standing outside the door when the nurse went out,' Stephanie retorted.

'Those ones were just put there to keep an eye on you,' the doctor replied after glancing back at the door. 'You can't even see them now, you need to rest very well...' the doctor began.

'Excuse me Doc, you've been saying that since and I've been resting for sometime now. I feel quite better now and I think I can see them,' Stephanie argued.

The Doctor smiled and folded in his lips. She was right but he had been ordered by the officers to help her conserve her strength for their interrogation and questioning alone.

'Doctor, what of my mother? Did anyone mention that she has called?' Stephanie asked with a serious look on her face.

'Yes, I was told that there was a call from London...'

'No, not that.' she interrupted. 'I mean my mother.'

A confused look appeared on the doctor's face, 'Are your parents not in London?' he asked.

'Yes, but...' her voice faded in. She relaxed back and closed her eyes as she took in a deep breath.

'But what?' the doctor asked in a kind and calm manner with his voice revealing his deep concern.

Stephanie sat motionless with her eyes fixed on the doctor's face but with her mouth refusing to open. She wasn't about to start telling him about another mother which was not the one in London whom everybody knew about.

The door to the ward flung open at the right time and the doctor turned back to look. Another doctor was approaching him with two nurses behind him.

'We need to change the young lady's ward now, we have the press at our gate already and they want to confirm if she's truly in here.' the new doctor - a short middle aged man - said with a serious look on his face.

The young doctor's face widened in surprise, 'How on earth did they find out she was here?'

'They have their way of finding out things, we just have to change her ward to somewhere secret. I've also asked that those couples be moved somewhere else. We must follow the police instructions and not give out any word on the matter until they do.'

_________

10.30am

After a thorough search of the building at Ejiro Street without discovering anything, the officers had to turn back. The sedated guys who had woken up were moved to the police station and Inspector Sandra had also opened her eyes from the forced sleep but unable to remember anything about her being used as an hostage. The last she remembered was herself in the warehouse searching the place with her co-officers.

The car Tarasha had left at the warehouse area had also been discovered and traced to the hotel where she came from but no valid information was gotten from the discovery.

Inspector Mac led a team to the library where the culprits were said to have permeated before escaping. The usual activities of the library had to be stopped even though the workers at the place were all present. The place was sealed by the Police for proper investigation. Apart from the entrance into the compound which was proved by the displacement of some flower vases and destruction of the gate light, the only other proof gotten was the mock-bomb placed at the entrance of the main facility.

________

Rex was seated gently at the backseat of the sienna with two other passengers, that was the only space he had gotten at the the time of his arrival to the motor garage in Abuja. Now they were several hours into the journey and he had not spoken any word to anyone aside from the call he made some hours ago. All that was going through his mind were strategies on how to lure Tarasha into a death trap.'

His phone began to vibrate and ring at the same time attracted attention to him once more in the bus. His ringtone was a repetition of an immoral and dirty word voiced by an American rapper as an intro to his album. People found it awkward that someone could use it as a ringtone and be comfortable with it in public.

Rex took out his phone and answered the call, not bothered about the attention he got from other passengers.

'Rex, what in the world are you doing?' Chief Rikau's voice sounded angrily.

'What do you mean Chief?'

'Don, what he did overnight, didn't you send him?'

'It wasn't his fault, Tarasha attacked him there at the time I called you.'

'What time did you call me?'

'Don't tell me you've forgotten Chief, do you sleep as bad as that?'

'Rex, you don't expect me to remember all you said at midnight. I only remembered that you wanted to travel at that time.'

'Yes, I wanted to...' Rex stopped and looked around briefly. 'I'm not in the right place to talk, I'll call you later.' he said and ended the call.

_______

Abuja

Chief Rikau dialed another number immediately his call with Rex ended. He was pacing the floor behind the three seater sofa in his living room, one of his personal officers stood firm beside the entrance.

His mind had been disturbed since he got news of the attack, his worry was that Don or any of the men who knew the Vice President's and his association with them could confess if caught. He needed to find a way to avoid that or stop the information from spreading if it had been mentioned at all.

His call was answered and the receiver saluted in a loud voice, 'Hello, Inspector General sir.'

'C.P, what's happening now?'

'We've not gotten any lead yet,' the Lagos state commissioner of Police replied. 'The officer she used as her hostage was drugged and couldn't provide us any information.'

'And what else have you discovered?'

'Everything looked like a clash between two gangs just as reported by the news media, Samantha Osman's gang and Nanl gang. Samantha Osman rescued the parents of Aisha Bello, the kidnapped Stephanie George of SWAD and other captives from the place.'

There was a brief moment of silence from the Inspector General's end. 'So where are those she rescued from the place now?'

'They're at a private hospital in town and we have our men guarding the place,' the CP replied.

'Try keep that secret for now, I'll get back to you very soon.' the Inspector General wanted to conclude with that but the commissioner had more to say.

'Sir... It's no longer a secret, the Press found out and I'll have to address them very soon. In fact, after this call.'

'Oh shi*t! How did they find out?' The IG asked, without expecting a reply. 'You know what? We have to be wise. Do not release full details to them. That Samantha Osman rescued the captives should be hidden.'

'But sir... Should I just avoid talking to them at all?'

'No, talk to them.' the Inspector General said. There was another brief pause. 'How many officers have knowledge of this?'

'Only the senior officers who interrogated the suspects.'

'Ensure that they keep it secret and then credit the police for the rescue, Samantha Osman should not take the credit. Do you understand?'

'Yes sir...' the CP's voice sounded weak.

'And also make them know that we are on top of the situation and would deliver Samantha Osman to the hands of the law soon.'

_____

'Any progress yet?' Stone asked Don who sat on a bench on the verandah with a laptop on the seat. Stone stepped out from the entrance where he was and Stainless followed behind him.

'I just found the device and I'm requesting for the location already,' Don replied him. 'Installing the server is what took so much time, locating them would not take much.'

'How long will that take?'

'Just few seconds and we'll...' Don stopped and stared intently at the screen. 'I know where they are,' he said looking up at Stone and Stainless' face.

Read Chapter 5 Parts 6 - 10 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Alennsar(f): 8:25am On Mar 19, 2017
Aisha died been loyal to her boss and don also die but will tarasha survive? Tuesday is just to far kai

oyinprince do sumtin abeg

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by fidek(m): 11:06am On Mar 19, 2017
Alennsar:
Aisha died been loyal to her boss and don also die but will tarasha survive? Tuesday is just to far kai

oyinprince do sumtin abeg

Are you sure you are reading the same story with me. . .
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Alennsar(f): 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
fidek:

Are you sure you are reading the same story with me. . .
plus go and read on his blog
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
oooh my Aisha don die. let Cole and tarasha survive it oh....and tarasha should try and discover who Rex is fast fast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by fidek(m): 2:38pm On Mar 19, 2017
Alennsar:

EmpresFIDEL:
oooh my Aisha don die. let Cole and tarasha survive it oh....and tarasha should try and discover who Rex is fast fast
Alennsar:

Hope you guys know that there is a comment box on Oyin's blog

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Alennsar(f): 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
fidek:

do you have any problem with that huh?
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 19, 2017
fidek:

have not been able to comment there oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by fidek(m): 6:06am On Mar 20, 2017
Alennsar:
do you have any problem with that huh?

Not at all. Its you, the faithful servent of Allah who seems to be having issues with it
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by fidek(m): 6:08am On Mar 20, 2017
EmpresFIDEL:
Oyinprince take note
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Alennsar(f): 12:41pm On Mar 20, 2017
fidek:

Not at all. Its you, the faithful servent of Allah who seems to be having issues with it
well tankx a lot.

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oladim001(m): 7:40pm On Mar 20, 2017
fidek:

You need not bring ones religion into this bro. It doesn't make any sense.
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by fidek(m): 5:29am On Mar 21, 2017
Oladim001:
You need not bring ones religion into this bro. It doesn't make any sense.
I can't help it bro, i'm a Religious student and that was the only way i know i could end the arguement
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 9:27pm On Mar 21, 2017
fidek:
I can't help it bro, i'm a Religious student and that was the only way i know i could end the arguement
There was no need for that
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 9:29pm On Mar 21, 2017
EmpresFIDEL:
Pm me
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 9:31pm On Mar 21, 2017
Chapter 5 Part 6

'Like you all have been reporting since morning, our men encountered with the Samantha Osman's gang overnight and there was a gun battle. Some of our brave men died during the gun battle with her but we still succeeded in rescuing the captives taken by her and her partner gang. According to our investigation so far, there seemed to be a deal that went wrong between the Samantha Osman's gang and the Nanl Gang which led to the Nanl Gang kidnapping the parents of Aisha Bello. That was the reason for their clash last night but they were intercepted by the police and the captives who had almost turned victims of the two gangs stupidity were rescued. We also found and rescued the missing SWAD leader, Stephanie George. All of them are being attended to medically and are now in safe hands. We urge all lagosians and Nigerians to remain calm, the end of Samantha Osman is near, our men are closing in on her very fast...' the scene faded off and a newscaster continued with the casting of the remaining part of the news.

'We didn't kill any police officer,' Tarasha said aloud, to herself though Aisha could hear her talk. She was at the middle of the living room, coupling parts of an electronic gadget while Aisha just walked in with a tray of rice and a bottled water. Tarasha was already undressed and now in bum shorts and a singlet. Aisha had also changed to something more comfortable but both still looked unkempt, especially their hairs as neither of them had taken their bath or rested at all.

'What game are the officers trying to play?' Tarasha kept mumbling to herself as she worked, she kept her eyes focused on what she was doing and didn't bother to look up even though she noticed Aisha's presence.

'Boss, I made some rice for us to eat.' Aisha announced.

Tarasha froze for a second. She then turned and stared at Aisha with a surprise look on her face. 'You cooked?' she asked, with her eyebrows raised. 'You're supposed to get some sleep now, we've got more work to do, you know?'

'Yes, I'll rest a bit now. I just thought you'll need to eat because you've not taken anything since yesterday,' Aisha said.

'You're right, I'll love to eat. Thanks,' she said and flashed a brief smile at Aisha. Then her face turned serious again almost immediately, 'But do remember you don't work as a cook only anymore, you now work as an assassin. Killers don't take their opportunity to rest for granted because you could be sought after the next moment, 'It could take you an hour to cook but just ten minutes or less to get food from a cafeteria either by buying it or taking it forcefully.' she added and then turned back to her work. 'You can go rest now, thank you for the food.'

'Thank you,' Aisha mumbled and left. Tarasha looked up and stared at her behind as she walked away from the living room. She dropped the tools she held and stared at the food on the stool, it didn't look inviting in anyway as Aisha's normally prepared food used to be but it was understandable as the meal was rushed and wasn't planned. But the food was still good enough to awaken her to the fact that she had not eaten since afternoon the previous day.

Just as she rose up, her phone which she placed on the centre table rang. She walked to the table which she had shifted under the TV and picked up the phone. The caller's number was unsaved and it had a another country's code beginning it. She stared at the screen for a while as she walked to the seat in front of which the food was placed. The phone stopped ringing before she got to the seat, then it began again immediately she sat. She swiped the middle box to the green icon and placed the phone to her ear.

'Tarasha,' the caller began in a gruff voice. She took the phone off her ear to check the number on the screen again. 'It's been a while,' the caller continued. 'I got this number after dialing over thirty mobile numbers.'

Tarasha already identified who was talking now, Chief Gab.

'What's happening, I've not heard any progress report from you recently.'

'Just one person left,' Tarasha reminded him, she didn't sound ready for a conversation with him. 'I'll reach you by mail when I'm done.'

'You seem to be taking more time than usual, is anything the matter?' Chief Gab sounded unruffled by her response.

'There's no problem, the Vice President's case is just a little bit different from the others.'

'Sorry... I didn't warn you about that. The guy is a crook but I didn't think that'll matter to you, that's why I never mentioned it.'

'It doesn't matter. I just need a little more time for him.'

'Okay... But Tarasha... It appears like you're already digressing from the job I gave you.'

'What do you mean?' Tarasha asked, raising a brow. She picked the bottle water from the tray and began to turn off the cover. The atmosphere turned into a tensed one.

'The news of what you did last night has circulated everywhere in Africa and the world, it was also reported on CNN few minutes ago.' Chief Gab stated, his voice expressed his unhappiness.

'I didn't do anything last night, and they don't know me, they can only make a report about Samantha Osman.' Tarasha retorted.

'Don't be don't silly! The world refers to you as that. I really need to understand what went on last night,' Chief Gab returned.

'It's nothing that concerns you Chief,' Tarasha snapped.

'Damn! It definitely concerns me, you're here for me because I brought you here and everything you do concerns me.' Chief Gab snapped back. Tarasha was silent. 'You can't be working for someone else or with another gang when my contract with you has not expired.'

There was silence for half a minute from both ends.

'I'm not working for anyone else or with any gang, Chief. I'm doing your job alone but the contract doesn't stop me from going about my personal business.' Tarasha replied calmly.

'What personal business do you have with Nanl Gang?' Chief Gab asked.

'None. Your contract brought me against Nanl Gang, didn't it?'

'What do you mean?'

'You took out three people from the Nanl Gang to work with me and you expect the gang to do nothing?'

'What? Are they fighting you? I paid Don Dan heavily, what else does he want?'

'Nothing else,' Tarasha said and paused to take a sip of water. 'His business with you ended and he wants nothing else from you. It's only that his new bosses wants a lot from him.'

'I don't understand you,' Chief Gab replied after fifteen seconds of possibly trying to grasp the statement.

'Don works for the Inspector General Rikau and they are after me, after my group. Don has been using the advantage of his knowledge of the weaknesses of the men you gave me to slow down my work, ' Tarasha explained.

'What does Don have to do with the Inspector General?' Chief Gab questioned, he sounded perplexed.

'The Inspector General and the Vice President are friends, Don works with them and must have told them about me,' she replied.

'Damn it! How could Don do such?'

'Why should he not? He works for his money and do the work of whoever pays him,' she answered with a chuckle.

Chief Gab was quiet but she could hear his breathing from the other side and knew he was angry.

'You still have to stay hidden for now,' she continued. 'Don is working so hard and using every means possible, if you show up he could attack you in a bid to lure me.'

'He cannot dare that,' he said in a tough vibrating tone.

'Just stay away for now,' she said, stressing the words for emphasis.

'For how long do I have to stay here?'

'For as long as it takes me to kill Inspector General Rikau and the Vice President.'

'Inspector General Rikau? He's not part of...' there was a brief pause. 'Well, you can do away with him if he's getting in the way.'

'Do you have anything else to say Chief?' she asked in a calm tone, drawing in a deep breath as she remembered some of the questions she has been nursing in her mind.

'Not for now, I just want you to be fast about it.'

'I have a question for you,' she said and paused to allow him prepare his mind.

'And what question could that be?'

'What do you know about the Danjuma's family?'

'Dan..ju..ma?' he repeated slowly. 'I don't know any family called that.'

'I mean late Dr Danjuma and his wife Dr Lydia,' she clarified.

There was a brief pause and total silence.

'Do you know them?' Tarasha asked again.

'Yes, I used to, during their lifetime.' Chief Gab replied, there seemed to be tension in his voice. 'But what about them?'

'Nothing really, I just need some little information against Chief Elvis Richards.' Tarasha answered. 'Did you ever have anything to do with them? I mean the doctors.' she added.

'Yes, we did. We had a lot to do with them during our illegal drugs trading but I don't think the doctors ever agreed to work with us.'

'And then, what happened to them?'

'I don't really remember but I think they moved out of town and that was the last we heard about them,' Chief Gab said.

'Is that all you know about them?'

'Yes, that's all.'

Tarasha smiled to herself. 'Chief, is that all you know about them?' she asked again with emphasis, adding a chuckle that carried a strong threat.

'Yes, that's all.' Chief Gab replied, his loud tone seemed to have reduced. 'But what's up with that?'

'Nothing Chief,' she answered.

'Are you sure? The way you're asking makes it sound serious,' Chief Gab pressured.

'It's nothing more serious than I can handle, it's just that I won't like finding out you lied to me.' She returned.

'I did not lie, I've told you everything I know about them.'

'It's okay Chief, bye for now.'

'Bye Tarasha, and please hurry up with what you need to do.' Chief Gab replied and the line went off.

Just as she was about to put the phone aside and begin with the food, another call entered. This time it was from a saved number, Henry's.

A smile formed on Tarasha's face unconsciously, somehow she had been longing to talk to him.

'Good afternoon Henry,' she said into the phone after answering.

'Tara,' the voice sounded stressed out and unhappy.

'Yes, what's wrong?'

'Everything is wrong Tara, everything.'

'What do you mean by that?'

'So many innocent ones lost their lives again yesterday, just because of you.' Henry complained.

'It happens like that, some have to lose their lives when there is a clash.' She replied unshaken.

'Tara, are you always this way? Do you take joy in killing innocent people?'

'No, I don't take joy in killing. Killing is just my lifestyle, I was born and trained all my life to kill. So it's just something normal to me, it doesn't bring joy or any emotion,' she answered.

'Damn it! You're a devil Tara, how could I ever think you would change,' Henry cried out, accompanied with hisses and sighs of regret.

'Be careful when you talk to me dear, I could be dangerous. I've not done anything wrong yet,' Tarasha said but still in a calm tone, unhappy that the conversation which she had longed for was turning into an argument.

'Killing innocent police men means nothing wrong to you?'

'I don't understand the language of right or wrong, I don't understand the language of morality, I only understand the language of killing. Besides, I didn't kill any policeman or innocent person yesterday, I didn't have any reason to kill them. So I don't understand why you're purnishing yourself.'

'Tara, stop lying. It's all over the news how you attacked another gang yesterday and killed policemen in the process.'

'Who do you want to believe, me or the news?'

'Tara, why should they lie? Tell me,' Henry replied, it sounded more like a challenge.

'Did you listen to the news fully? Didn't you notice any inconsistency?'

'What inconsistency was there? Tell me,' he challenged again.

'Did they talk about the captives and the gang?'

'Yes, the police rescued the captives from you. You were...' Henry stopped abruptly, he seemed to have realized something. 'They said you were about to take the captives to hurt them...'

'So, is that correct?'

'Ermm... I wouldn't know that.'

'Come on stop being unreasonable, did you even pay attention to the news at all?' She chided. 'You know I came here to help rescue the captives who are Aisha and Cole's parents. How could you have believed I came to hurt them? And are you so gullible to believe the Police's claim that I struck a deal with the Nanl gang, the same gang that was involved in my brother's death?'

There was an awkward moment of silence.

'I'm sorry Tara, but I didn't reason it at all that way. The news was the first thing I read after my morning devotion, I'm sorry...'

'Do you have anything else to say?' she cut in.

'Ermm... No, I just... I think I should ask how you're doing,' Henry replied, stammering.

'I'm doing fine, but can do better if...' she paused.

'You can do better if?'

'If I'll stop getting disturbances like this, like you bothering me.' she slammed.

'Oh! I'm sorry,' he apologized again, his tone sounded very sincere. 'I'll just drop the call now.'

'Better, do it quickly,' she tried to say but the phone went off before she finished. She took the phone down slowly, now feeling guilty for talking harshly. She stared at his number for a while on the phone's screen and then closed her eyes to take a deep breath.

_________

'Are you sure that's what she told you?' Inspector Mac questioned.

'Yes, I asked her twice to confirm that I didn't hear wrongly.' Stephanie replied the officer with a frown, unhappy that she was being questioned like a kid who does not know her left from right.

'But what kind of name is Natashay?'

'I asked her too,' Stephanie replied briefly, staring blankly at the wall behind the Inspector's seat.

'Okay, that doesn't really matter for now. She's a criminal and wouldn't tell you her real name before,' Inspector Mac remarked. The frown on Stephanie's face deepened. 'Now, did she drop anything with you or tell you anything about herself?'

'No, she didn't say anything about herself but she dropped something with me,' Stephanie said, pausing to search the cloth she was putting on. 'It's on the cloth I was putting on before, she gave me an electronic device to send a message to her.'

Inspector Mac glanced at the officer standing beside for a confirmation.

'Sir!' the officer responded like an automated machine. 'There was nothing there, we've searched everywhere.'

'She must have taken it,' Inspector Mac said as he turned back to Stephanie. 'Ermm...' he scratched his forehead softly as he thought of the best way to ask the next question so as not to get her too embarrassed. 'Did she tear off your clothes and underwear?' he asked, his eyebrows gathering together as he squinted into her eyes directly.

'No, Ojo was the one who tried to molest me. He tore off his clothes and rained blows on my face,' she said in a sad tone, touching her bruised face.

'Is it the same cult leader Ojo?'

'Yes.'

'And she saved you from him?'

'Yes, Natashay appeared before he could go further and she...' she paused and stared at the Inspector's face, rubbing her forehead with a finger.

'And she killed him right and killed the others too?' Inspector Mac tried to put the words in her mouth. Stephanie was quiet. 'Speak up Steph, she killed him and began to kill the other's too?'

'Why are you asking me these questions again? Another officer already interrogated me this morning,' she said defensively.

Inspector Mac chuckled and rose up from his seat, he pushed the plastic chair behind and squatted before Stephanie. 'You see Steph, when we want a thorough investigation, we have to repeat some processes like we're doing now.' He said, looking into her face. He rose up and took two steps behind her seat. 'You better thank your stars the hospital informed the RRS and they arrived on time to this place. She definitely has ulterior motives for helping you, don't you think she is an Angel.'

'But what kind of ulterior motive could she have?' Stephanie turned back on her seat and questioned. 'We've been kept in that place the days now, she took us all out and brought us to an hospital.'

'Oh!' he faced her with a mocking smile. 'That's how she plays pranks on all her victims, she comes like an angel of light and ends up murdering them in the most gruesome manner.' He said and handed her a paper which he collected from the junior officer beside them. 'That's how she killed the late Senate President, she acted like she was from a charity organization and even distributed some bags of rice to help distressed children, then ended up to be his murderer after gaining his trust.'

With a bitter look on her face, Stephanie stared at the pictures on the paper the Inspector gave to her. It contained graphic images of the police officers killed that morning and the bloody scene. 'But isn't it Samantha Osman that killed the late Senate President and did this one?' she asked, handing him back the paper. 'What does it have to do with Natashay?'

'Oh! You don't understand yet.' Inspector Mac smiled and walked back to his seat after handing the papers to the junior officer. He sat at the tip and bent forward, 'That lady you're considering to be a savior is the same devil, Samantha Osman.'

_______

2.56pm

'Boss, we found their new location through the tracker.' a voice sounded through the speaker of the telephone.

'Wait till I come before you take any action,' another voice replied the first.

Read more parts on www.youngicee.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by fidek(m): 6:29am On Mar 22, 2017
Oyinprince:
There was no need for that
Ok. Cool
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by boligo1(m): 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
dis is the best story have ever read on nairaland...tanx oyin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by sorzy1(m): 6:22pm On Mar 23, 2017
Nice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by costal(m): 7:42am On Mar 24, 2017
Nice story bro I can't get enough of it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Jaddo19(m): 10:19am On Mar 24, 2017
i Finally Joined Nairaland Cuz Of This Story,keep It Up Bro

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (48) (Reply)

Story: Taking Chances / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. / Meant To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 295
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.