Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,059 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk (16846 Views)

The New Way Bachelors Look For Wives In Warri! / Seven Classes Of Bachelors In Nigeria / What No-one Ever Tells Us Is That Relationships Are Hard Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by newdeal(m): 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2009
I thought to bring this worrisome trend to general notice, it may be useful for one or two persons.

The rate at which vastly educated girls of African [mostly Naija] descent, lose their senses of self worth and sink into compromising relationships in the UK is worrisome. Let us make some distinctions here; apart from girls who were born here, every other marriageable girl here is either a legal or a not so legal   [my coinage] migrant. Those who belong to the later category are a different kettle of fish. That category requires special grace of God or special attributes to break into the class of the married! I am referring to those who belong to the first category. I work closely with a faith based NGO that deals with young adults and university students [counselling, career advise, job placements, etc] I noticed a lot of young and promising girls going into relationships that are patently doomed to fail. What do you say of a brilliant black university student running after a knife wielding Yob? [their euphemism for an aspiring criminal] or the one doing her MBA at the moment going out with a man who had 2 children from another woman he is not married to, but still see from time to time? She knew the relationship will not work, yet she is prepared to risk it, because there are no better options, 
These are just few of such cases. The obvious reason is that there not enough responsible bachelors around. The few who are legally entitled to be here are either pursuing their careers or are already married. Those bachelors who have no papers and are not married are either too afraid to go near the educated girls, or busy sampling white girls, leaving only a very few who are willing to settle down with the many sisters that can offer access to Red Passport.

My blunt advise to unmarried sisters coming over here ?
Try and sort out your love life before jumping on the plane, to avoid situations like this. You are free to ignore this advise though, if your faith is big enough to see you through, but this is the reality!
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Igwe9(m): 5:35pm On Oct 21, 2009
thanks sister smiley
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by tboy1(m): 5:38pm On Oct 21, 2009
newdeal:

I thought to bring this worrisome trend to general notice, it may be useful for one or two persons.

The rate at which vastly educated girls of African [mostly Naija] descent, lose their senses of self worth and sink into compromising relationships in the UK is worrisome. Let us make some distinctions here; apart from girls who were born here, every other marriageable girl here is either a legal or a not so legal   [my coinage] migrant. Those who belong to the later category are a different kettle of fish. That category requires special grace of God or special attributes to break into the class of the married! I am referring to those who belong to the first category. I work closely with a faith based NGO that deals with young adults and university students [counselling, career advise, job placements, etc] I noticed a lot of young and promising girls going into relationships that are patently doomed to fail. What do you say of a brilliant black university student running after a knife wielding Yob? [their euphemism for an aspiring criminal] or the one doing her MBA at the moment going out with a man who had 2 children from another woman he is not married to, but still see from time to time? She knew the relationship will not work, yet she is prepared to risk it, because there no better options, 
These are just few of such cases. The obvious reason is that there not enough responsible bachelors around. The few who are legally entitled to be here are either pursuing their careers or are already married. Those bachelors who have no papers and are not married are either too afraid to go near the educated girls, or busy sampling white girls, leaving only a very few who are willing to settle down with the many sisters that can offer access to Red Passport.

Try and sort out your love life before jumping on the plane, to avoid situations like this. You are free to ignore this advise though, if your faith is big enough to see you through, but this is the reality!

Im sorry but this is Absolute Rubbish - from start to finish
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Igwe9(m): 5:45pm On Oct 21, 2009
tboy1:

lol. . . . busted!!!!!!!!!
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by tboy1(m): 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2009
^^ erm how?
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by ybab: 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2009
newdeal:

and what gave you the impression that the men we leave back home in nigeria are any better?

what we need is hints on how to identify the marriage materials within the bunch of men in the UK
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 21, 2009
Responsible men in general are hard to come by regardless of geographical location. The good men are nearing extinction. Its high time ladies realized that they can be somebody with out a man rather than settle for scums of the earth.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by newdeal(m): 6:02pm On Oct 21, 2009
@Tboy;
If it is absolute rubbish to you, why do you still ask 'how'?
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by saintneo(m): 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2009
@newdeal

Your post is great; however, I think you got some of your arguments wrong - check the red highlights.

Characteristics of Ladies: I believe most of our Ladies both International and Local get tricked into to PR of your 'knife wielding Yob'?

Love Life before Travel: I think there are lots of sensible Nigerians in the UK, especially the postgrads and grads who can really stand up to calls of responsibility.

@everyone
Please see this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-341048.0.html

newdeal:

The rate at which vastly educated girls of African [mostly Naija] descent, lose their senses of self worth and sink into compromising relationships in the UK is worrisome. Let us make some distinctions here; apart from girls who were born here, every other marriageable girl here is either a legal or a not so legal   [my coinage] migrant. Those who belong to the later category are a different kettle of fish. That category requires special grace of God or special attributes to break into the class of the married! I am referring to those who belong to the first category. I work closely with a faith based NGO that deals with young adults and university students [counselling, career advise, job placements, etc] I noticed a lot of young and promising girls going into relationships that are patently doomed to fail. What do you say of a brilliant black university student running after a knife wielding Yob? [their euphemism for an aspiring criminal] or the one doing her MBA at the moment going out with a man who had 2 children from another woman he is not married to, but still see from time to time? She knew the relationship will not work, yet she is prepared to risk it, because there are no better options, 

Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by ayo84(m): 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2009
Responsible men in general are hard to come by regardless of geographical location. The good men are nearing extinction. Its high time ladies realized that they can be somebody with out a man rather than settle for scum.

rubbish, i think this should be rephrased as creative,beautiful,unsophisticated and understanding women are difficult to come by.

The issue is not with us men, but i think is the ladies.we are witnessing a scenario  where material wealth is a necessity for a stable relationship,gone were the days where couples fell in luv, even without no money.but these days the lady folk have created this illusionary world where money is everything, men are imprisoned by this trend , they disregard all forms of honest simple,truly luv at first sight incidences, and chase money, hoping that after accumulating the money they now have what it takes to get any woman they want.it's all the ladies fault-their obsession with material things drive men to do what they do.

[flash=300,107]http://www.del-premium.com/advert2.swf[/flash]
                                                                                shop online for naija tshirts
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by platinumnk(f): 6:16pm On Oct 21, 2009
So women should accept lazy men?

or better yet force women to to be the breadwinner
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by bawomolo(m): 6:26pm On Oct 21, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Responsible men in general are hard to come by regardless of geographical location. The good men are nearing extinction. Its high time ladies realized that they can be somebody with out a man rather than settle for scums of the earth.

when you start dating a string of horrible men, the problem is you and not men.  You are what you attract
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by newdeal(m): 6:29pm On Oct 21, 2009
@saintneo,
I don't see how the highlighted is flawed , i fail to see what  a university student hopes to achieve from a relationship with a drop out who has no other ambition than to lazy around and commit crimes.

In the second highlighted portion and even the title of the post, I feel sometimes, people make mistakes because they do not know what they are walking into, if resorting to absolutes will help keep them on alert, so be it.

On the whole, this post is for me a sort of catharsis, it has helped me to relieve something i feel so passionate about. I may not even reply to the replies anymore---
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 21, 2009
platinumnk:

So women should accept lazy men?

or better yet force women to to be the breadwinner
That exactly is what some Negros seem to be saying undecided

bawomolo:

when you start dating a string of horrible men, the problem is you and not men.  You are what you attract

What I am saying is there are more horrible scum than good men out there.

ayo84:

rubbish, i think this should be rephrased as creative,beautiful,unsophisticated and understanding women are difficult to come by.

The issue is not with us men, but i think is the ladies.we are witnessing a scenario  where material wealth is a necessity for a stable relationship,gone were the days where couples fell in luv, even without no money.but these days the lady folk have created this illusionary world where money is everything, men are imprisoned by this trend , they disregard all forms of honest simple,truly luv at first sight incidences, and chase money, hoping that after accumulating the money they now have what it takes to get any woman they want.it's all the ladies fault-their obsession with material things drive men to do what they do.

Lies and more lies used to Justify the animalistic, archaic behavior of your gender.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Igwe9(m): 7:17pm On Oct 21, 2009
newdeal:

@Tboy;
If it is absolute rubbish to you, why do you still ask 'how'?

grin grin
I think he was referring to my post. smiley
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Pharoh: 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Tone it down dear before you become misjudged sad. You sound too bitter sometimes when issues like this are raised about men.

ayo84:

The issue is not with us men, but i think is the ladies.we are witnessing a scenario where material wealth is a necessity for a stable relationship,gone were the days where couples fell in luv, even without no money.but these days the lady folk have created this illusionary world where money is everything, men are imprisoned by this trend , they disregard all forms of honest simple,truly luv at first sight incidences, and chase money, hoping that after accumulating the money they now have what it takes to get any woman they want.it's all the ladies fault-their obsession with material things drive men to do what they do.

Bros abeg say it more louder let them hear the truth.

@Poster Is it compulsory they have to marry Nigerian Guys? Are there not responsible guys in other parts of Africa and The World?
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by POSAKOSA1(m): 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2009
Pharoh:

@Poster Is it compulsory they have to marry Nigerian Guys? Are there not responsible guys in other parts of Africa and The World?

G B A M!
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 21, 2009
Pharoh:

Tone it down dear before you become misjudged sad. You sound too bitter sometimes when issues like this are raised about men.
Im not bitter hun far from it actually. Hope you are well. I agree we Nigerians gals should not seat and wait for Nigerian guys like we have been doing. There is a whole world of men out there and we should explore.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by VGA: 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2009
Are we not the one complaining we dont like MR too nice, now we"re saying something else. we go to church and pray to meet MR right at the same we"re not giving these guys opportunity. we"re still looking for MR bad.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Pharoh: 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Im not bitter hun far from it actually. Hope you are well. I agree we Nigerians gals should not seat and wait for Nigerian guys like we have been doing. There is a whole world of men out there and we should explore.

I am well and you?  smiley

Naaaaa you ladies don't have that option hence the reason why this thread was created  sad. We have to find a solution because we haven't realize we are tackling an harry potter and voldermot situation here.

POSAKOSA1:

G B A M!

Thats one truth and option both parties will not dare to think about because the Nigerian men are also complaining in that same UK that there are no wife material around them. Why don't both party leave each other alone and go elsewhere to seek for what they truely want in a partner.

VGA:

Are we not the one complaining we dont like MR too nice, now we"re saying something else. we go to church and pray to meet MR right at the same we"re not giving these guys opportunity. we"re still looking for MR bad.

Thanks for hitting the nail on point because sometimes i just feel we have misplaced priorities and trying to eat our cake to have it later again.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by N101: 8:59pm On Oct 21, 2009
ayo84:

WRONG @ highlighted.  Men aren't as weak as you make them out to be, if they are they reap their reward.

"Material wealth" isn't necessary to sustain a relationship, it is because people - men and women - are materialistic.  Love means nothing and neither does honour.  Choose a man with a car even if he's a "yob" and/or doesn't have a driving licence; choose a man/woman who looks the part even if their attitude and character stinks. The list goes on.

Stop seeking to blame women.  Men are just as guilty, they get themselves into debt to look the part and don't act financially responsible.  I've heard too many stories of Nigerian men claiming bankruptcy or ducking from answering the door because they think it's the bailiffs.  Often their indebtedness is self-inflicted to impress others, not because of the demands of a woman.

Few people are interested in integrity in relationships, a lot of people just go for the show and lie until they get caught out. That is the reality of the world we live in.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by cold(m): 9:14pm On Oct 21, 2009
ayo84:

The issue is not with us men, but i think is the ladies.we are witnessing a scenario where material wealth is a necessity for a stable relationship,gone were the days where couples fell in luv, even without no money.but these days the lady folk have created this illusionary world where money is everything, men are imprisoned by this trend , they disregard all forms of honest simple,truly luv at first sight incidences, and chase money, hoping that after accumulating the money they now have what it takes to get any woman they want.it's all the ladies fault-their obsession with material things drive men to do what they do.

[flash=300,107]http://www.del-premium.com/advert2.swf[/flash]
shop online for naija tshirts
Spot on.Truth is,u loose money chasing women but u never loose women chasing money.It's the same everywhere,all that talk about 'true love' is all balderdash,there's no such thing.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by N101: 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2009
cold:

Spot on.Truth is,u loose money chasing women but u never loose women chasing money.It's the same everywhere,all that talk about 'true love' is all balderdash,there's no such thing.
If that is true for you, you are swimming in the wrong waters.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by POSAKOSA1(m): 9:21pm On Oct 21, 2009
I hate when conversations about relationships/love come up and some Arrow brings up the issues of money.

You know how many men get women who are financially comfortable and leave them anyways because men are not satisfied or get tired or them/ or women who get men with money and still CHEAT on them.

Lets be clear, people make CHOICES and money IMO has nothing to do with a successful relationship/love.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by redsky1: 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2009
I could write a long essay here but I'm tired. I thank God this is no longer a problem for me cos the amount of unserious, lazy and ignorant men in this UK is simply pathetic.

I think the blame can be put at the doorsteps of both the men and women. the problem you have is that women have become very educated and career orientated and this leads to higher requirements in a partner, a lot of our boys tend to be unserious and for various reasons, be it racism, lack of confidence etc they just don't seem to be getting the good jobs and the ones that do carry the colonial mentality and believe that only oyinbo is now good enough for them.

for the women we have to admit to ourselves that we want a ready made man and tend to over look brothers that have potential but might not be that financially buoyant, therefore missing out on a possible husband material

men hear this you guys have something called wife material but we women also have something we call husband material - not all men fall into this catergory.

anyway like i said i'm tired can't concentrate on what i am writing again. hope i made at least some sense
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Pharoh: 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2009
You made more sense than you can imagine because what you said was the simple truth. Both sides are to blame and the earlier we start sorting it out the better for both parties.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 21, 2009
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by ritaNL: 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2009
@ poster

U r right, i went to UK for 9 mths looking for a responsible bachelor but i found none. cry
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by N101: 10:37pm On Oct 21, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

I hate when conversations about relationships/love come up and some Arrow brings up the issues of money.

You know how many men get women who are financially comfortable and leave them anyways because men are not satisfied or get tired or them/ or women who get men with money and still CHEAT on them.

Lets be clear, people make CHOICES and money IMO has nothing to do with a successful relationship/love.
Thank you my brother for telling the truth.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by N101: 10:39pm On Oct 21, 2009
redsky1:

I could write a long essay here but I'm tired. I thank God this is no longer a problem for me cos the amount of unserious, lazy and ignorant men in this UK is simply pathetic.

I think the blame can be put at the doorsteps of both the men and women. the problem you have is that women have become very educated and career orientated and this leads to higher requirements in a partner, a lot of our boys tend to be unserious and for various reasons, be it racism, lack of confidence etc they just don't seem to be getting the good jobs and the ones that do carry the colonial mentality and believe that only oyinbo is now good enough for them.

for the women we have to admit to ourselves that we want a ready made man and tend to over look brothers that have potential but might not be that financially buoyant, therefore missing out on a possible husband material

men hear this you guys have something called wife material but we women also have something we call husband material - not all men fall into this catergory.

anyway like i said i'm tired can't concentrate on what i am writing again. hope i made at least some sense
Pharoh:

You made more sense than you can imagine because what you said was the simple truth. Both sides are to blame and the earlier we start sorting it out the better for both parties.
Thank you! grin
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by NegroNtns(m): 10:58pm On Oct 21, 2009
The obvious reason is that there not enough responsible bachelors around

Much respect to the poster. . .but this conclusion is ambigous. Responsibility is a value but on this one issue, what dimension or measure of that value is adequate would be subjective. Can someone please help nail down what a "Responsible Bachelor" should look, smell, taste and sound like?
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by chic2pimp(m): 11:30pm On Oct 21, 2009
tboy1:

Seconded. Absolute pile of self-service.

Pharoh:

Thats one truth and option both parties will not dare to think about because the Nigerian men are also complaining in that same UK that there are no wife material around them. Why don't both party leave each other alone and go elsewhere to seek for what they truely want in a partner.

Thank u jare. That's what we nigerians are known for (whinning). Men complain,Women complain also(in truth both sexes are as bad as each other). Why not look within instead of gobbing off like a sore looser.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

KGB Document Showing All Alien Races That Have Visited Our Planet (photos) / I Caught My Brother's Friend Sniffing My Panties / (18+) "See The Housemaid My Husband Bought Home" (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.