Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) (2305 Views)

Tecno Launches SPARK 5 With Amazing Features-see Price And Specifications / Iphone 7 Features, Specs And Price / Apple Releases The New Awesome Red Colour Of Iphone 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by kingemmybxt(m): 2:18am On Oct 16, 2016

The Samsung Galaxy S7 hit the market nearly 5 months ago in which Samsung has done a considerable number of improvements. However, in today’s world nothing is satisfactory. Enthusiasts could not help but anticipate more gadgets.

It seems predictable that Samsung Galaxy S8 will retain some of the best features of the previous model. Rumours started when a user on a Chinese social media website, Weibo, leaked the details of the alleged smartphone. According to the report, Samsung will follow Apple’s dual lens camera feature of its new iPhone 7 Plus. Reports have emerged saying that the device will carry a 12 and 13 MP dual-lens primary camera technology and an iris scanner. The leaked information also suggests that Samsung Galaxy S8 will carry an 8 MP front-facing shooter, which is an upgrade from the current 5 MP of the Samsung Galaxy S7.

The Samsung Galaxy S8 may have a 4K UHD Display with 3,840 x 2,160 pixel resolution. The S8 is believed to have a 5.5-inch screen. The handset, will probably come with Snapdragon 830 chipset, 6 GB of RAM, and will have Android Nougat installed. The system is likely to offer face detection function, aside from identifying the user’s iris and eye structure in order to get an accurate result. Furthermore, the handset may have two screens located on each side of the “built-in cover.”

Samsung has always been able to satisfy us in some way or the other. So let’s hope Samsung Galaxy S8 turns out to be a classic example of perfection. Rumour has it that the device will be unveiled at next year’s MWC 2017. However, the company has yet to provide concrete details about its development and release date.
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by walesho(m): 4:37am On Oct 16, 2016
Where is your source?
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by DrayZee: 5:09am On Oct 16, 2016
Phone that is still about 5-7 months away from release, Apple fanboys are already claiming to have seen it.
Btw, dual camera's are not Apple's invention. They've been around long before now. Nintendo and even Tecno have been making use of it.

1 Like

Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by segebase(m): 5:17am On Oct 16, 2016
anoda bomba again
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by khalhokage(m): 6:31am On Oct 16, 2016
Dual camera?! Huawei did it, then HTC did it before Apple, so how come it's now Apple that Samsung is copying.

7 Likes

Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by somehowpenis(m): 6:37am On Oct 16, 2016
That's what they are always known for..

With 6gb ram still might not even be faster than the iphone 6. cry

To me Samsung mobiles represents an expensive leggo.
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by Earth2Metahuman: 7:05am On Oct 16, 2016
somehowpenis:
That's what they are always known for..

With 6gb ram still might not even be faster than the iphone 6. cry

To me Samsung mobiles represents an expensive leggo.
they are not runing the same operating system.

IOS is more fluid than android. Run android on iphone and watch it crash.

6 Likes

Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by henryobinna(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2016
what features are there to be copied from iPhone 7?

is it hardware that trended in 2014 or taptic engine or lack of 3.5mm jack or what?

1 Like

Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by somehowpenis(m): 7:16am On Oct 16, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
they are not runing the same operating system.

IOS is more fluid than android. Run android on iphone and watch it crash.
run android on iphone and watch Apple optimize it to a point of no lag.
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by Earth2Metahuman: 7:22am On Oct 16, 2016
somehowpenis:
run android on iphone and watch Apple optimize it to a point of no lag.
and you think android lags on Samsung?

Apple will need more ram to run android successfully than all the crappy 1g 1.5 GB they v been dishing out. No ammountol of optimization will change that.

1 Like

Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by somehowpenis(m): 8:02am On Oct 16, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
and you think android lags on Samsung?

Apple will need more ram to run android successfully than all the crappy 1g 1.5 GB they v been dishing out. No ammountol of optimization will change that.
every amount of optimization would change that Ios and Android are both built from Linux , the difference lies in optimization and close source. I don't think Android lags on Samsung, i know Android lags, coming from a user of both.. left the Samsung.
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by Earth2Metahuman: 8:18am On Oct 16, 2016
somehowpenis:
every amount of optimization would change that Ios and Android are both built from Linux , the difference lies in optimization and close source. I don't think Android lags on Samsung, i know Android lags, coming from a user of both.. left the Samsung.
androids don't lag, The device that runs them is the one that lags.

Point you don't get.
IOS is more fluid than android.

IOS is like window Xp and android like window 10
Window xp is fluid and you don't need many ram to operate it.. Just 512mb, you are good to go.
Window 10 on the other hand, you need more power ram to run it or it will crash ..

That's why apple don't go over the notch by creating more rams for on their gadgets because iOS doesn't need all the ram while android device manufacturals keep increasing the rams on their phone to make android run more smoothly.

9 Likes

Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by francis247(m): 8:40am On Oct 16, 2016
khalhokage:
Dual camera?! Huawei did it, then HTC did it before Apple, so how come it's now Apple that Samsung is copying.
I tire o. Dual cameras that have been on Nokia devices since God knows when.
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by somehowpenis(m): 9:49am On Oct 16, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
androids don't lag, The device that runs them is the one that lags.

Point you don't get.
IOS is more fluid than android.

IOS is like window Xp and android like window 10
Window xp is fluid and you don't need many ram to operate it.. Just 512mb, you are good to go.
Window 10 on the other hand, you need more power ram to run it or it will crash ..

That's why apple don't go over the notch by creating more rams for on their gadgets because iOS doesn't need all the ram while android device manufacturals keep increasing the rams on their phone to make android run more smoothly.
apple don't add unnecessary gimmicks that slows down an operating system.. Ram has nothing to do with speed but processor speed. Ram is just their to handle multitasking and even with the shitload of ram the note 7 packed the iphone 6s held in much more processing power and multitasked apps.. like it literally obliterated the note 7... Android isn't like windows 10, nah.. Android is more like an unoptimized Linux, or ubuntu , it's there for anyone to build their shii with, htc uses it, Samsung uses it, tecno uses it, infinix uses it, their is no way that open source disaster can be optimized.. Hence the need to pack in more ram to it.. Ios on the other hand does virtually everything that Android can do and is yet optimized.. if you want your security incheck, you use ios normally, if you want a shii load of customization, you jailbreak and get it.. then you can use the iphone for every single thing...

The reason the ios is more optimized is because apple builds it for just one device which is iphone, So they already know the amount of processing speed and ram each device needs to handle ios on it.. Google don't even know half of the company that uses it Android Source code..
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by jmichlins(m): 11:42am On Oct 16, 2016
somehowpenis:
you don get your iPhone 7? A review won't hurt here on nairaland
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by somehowpenis(m): 12:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
jmichlins:
you don get your iPhone 7? A review won't hurt here on nairaland
not yet bro. Not yet. Hopefully by November
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by jmichlins(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
somehowpenis:
not yet bro. Not yet. Hopefully by November
you dey ball oh big time. You getting the 7 or 7+. I still dey my nokia level
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by somehowpenis(m): 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
jmichlins:
you dey ball oh big time. You getting the 7 or 7+. I still dey my nokia level
ball ni.. I require it all for my work o bro, not leisure.
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by jmichlins(m): 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
somehowpenis:
ball ni.. I require it all for my work o bro, not leisure.
hmm. Engineering right? You need to appear rich to convince clients you do well
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by somehowpenis(m): 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
jmichlins:
hmm. Engineering right? You need to appear rich to convince clients you do well
lol. Not even close.
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by jmichlins(m): 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2016
somehowpenis:
lol. Not even close.
i don't know what's that which will need much processing power. Why not buy surface tab
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by somehowpenis(m): 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
jmichlins:
i don't know what's that which will need much processing power. Why not buy surface tab
God forbid.
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by jmichlins(m): 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
somehowpenis:
God forbid.
care to tell of what's so wrong with the tab that made you invoke God. From the adverts I see about tab it seem to have great computing powers and piped with windows which is almost lag free like ios
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by paranorman(m): 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
I see some folks are saying Samsung copied Apple, seriously.?! Ignorance. It's called 'fast-following'. Lag behind and watch being left behind. competition is not friendly.,yiu have gotta be aggressive.
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by somehowpenis(m): 10:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
jmichlins:
care to tell of what's so wrong with the tab that made you invoke God. From the adverts I see about tab it seem to have great computing powers and piped with windows which is almost lag free like ios
i generally don't like and use tabs. Not a fan of big phones.
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by jmichlins(m): 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
somehowpenis:
i generally don't like and use tabs. Not a fan of big phones.
someone was telling me that iPhone 6s+ even though it's 5.5" looks bigger than phones with 6". Although I suspect it's about it bezels and the ui
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by somehowpenis(m): 11:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
jmichlins:
someone was telling me that iPhone 6s+ even though it's 5.5" looks bigger than phones with 6". Although I suspect it's about it bezels and the ui
yes the bezels are big, but big like every other phablet. I am not a fan of big phones though!
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) by jmichlins(m): 11:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
somehowpenis:
yes the bezels are big, but big like every other phablet. I am not a fan of big phones though!
yet to have a feel of iPhone but certainly I will someday then I will know whether na hype abi true testimony

(1) (Reply)

Innjoo Leapbook A100 Hands On Review(video) / Free 36GB And #1500airtime For #airtel Smartdeal / New Method On How I Activated MTN Double Data Bonus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.