Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

How To Ask And Receive From God Always - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Ask And Receive From God Always (14259 Views)

Why Is God Always Angry In The Old Testament / Ask And You Shall Receive As This Year Is Coming To An End / How To Ask And Receive From God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 16, 2016
I feel number one is most important.

Many times we ask for vague things..
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by mahmudmonsru: 9:19am On Oct 16, 2016
No. 10 sure past. Wen u bliev n av faith in God, everytin u need will b givn 2 u
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Jeromejnr(m): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2016
favoured234:
God blesses who he wants to bless

God doesn't just do anything. He operates on His spiritual laws.

He blesses those that have genuine faith in Him.

Someone on earth has to cooperate with His laws of faith.

Faith is a law.
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Jeromejnr(m): 9:21am On Oct 16, 2016
Naughtysite:
I feel number one is most important.

Many times we ask for vague things..

True. We need to be specific most times.
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by akintom(m): 9:31am On Oct 16, 2016
Pseudonymous:
It is a common thing for Christians to wonder whether God still answers prays, and if He does, why does it seem as if He answers only some people. Christians need to realise that you don’t learn how to pray by praying.

You need to find out ‘the how’, if you are to receive from God always. The disciples of Jesus realised this and asked Him to teach them to pray (Luke 11:1). God longs to answer all our prayers, that’s why He said bmphatically, “ask and it SHALL be given you”. Now, How to ask and receive.

1. Know what you want.
And Jesus answered and said unto him, what wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight–Mark 10:51 God truly knows our needs but He wants us to specifically tell Him what we want Him to do for us. The blind man didn’t ask for money, so Jesus didn’t give him money but gave him exactly what he wanted, which was his sight back.

2. What does God say about your want
Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified–Isaiah 43:26. God listens for His Words in pray. For you to ask and receive from God always, you need to pray God’s words. So search out what God says concerning that want or desire of yours before you pray.

3. Meditate and believe the scripture
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success–Joshua 1:8. Meditation enables you to truly believe and act on Gods word. It makes the scriptures real to you and helps you not to doubt no matter the challenge you may be facing.

4. Come boldly
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need–Hebrews 4:16 God is your loving father, so go to Him boldly in prayers. He is not a tyrant. He actually enjoys fellowshipping with His children and loves blessing them.

5. Enter with thanksgiving and praise
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name–Psalm 100:4. This is an important step on how to pray to receive from God always. No matter how pressing the issue may be or how much you cry, you can’t enter God’s presence without thanksgiving and praise. They are the only way to get God’s attention.

6. Ask according to God’s word
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us–1John 5:14 For God to hear you and then answer, you need to pray in line with the scriptures you have meditated on concerning your desire. Also, you must ensure that there is nothing that will hinder your prayers, for example unforgiveness. And of course you must pray in the name of Jesus Christ

7. Believe you receive Therefore I say unto you, what things so ever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them-Mark 11:24 This may be the hard part but it is the proof of your faith. You have to believe that God has answered you even before the physical manifestation of the answer. For you to ask and receive from God always, it is “believing is seeing” and “not seeing is believing”.

8. End with thanksgiving and praise
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen–Matthew 6:13 Thanksgiving and praise at the end is also an expression of your faith that God has answered you. Always start and end with praise and thanksgiving.

9. Declare what you believe
For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith–Mark 11:23 Now, that you are through with your prayers, there is need for you to start declaring that that issue is settled. People may mock you but as you refuse to give up your confession, the same people will surely return to witness the physical manifestation of your answer.

10. Be patient and stand in faith
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise– Hebrews 10:36 Our timing sometimes is not the same with God’s timing. Therefore, there is need for us to wait patiently for our desired answer to come. Also, majority of the time, the enemy will try to stop the answer from coming. This is why you must not quit believing until you receive your answer. Remember Abraham didn’t quit believing until he received the promise (Isaac) 25 years after the promise was made to him.

Can someone ask and receive from God always? Yes, if the person knows how to pray. As you follow the above.

Preacher man,

How is this lesson different from the atheist who have the following:

* desire - what he wants

*wrote out plan on how to get the desire.

* worked on his plan(s).

*waited for maturity time.

*got his desire.

All these done without praying, reading Bible or believing in God.

Of what use then is religious needless labour?
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 16, 2016
aaronson:
Op, it's either you lying or God is deception.

My question is if God who is an omniscience who knows everything and your needs even before your conception, how come you still pray? Or does God also has short time memory for you to remember him through prayers?

So if you have 10 children, you as a father goes about meeting all their needs without any of them asking anything because it is assumed you know all their needs..

haha.. You failed that analogy.

Sir, even between man and wife, communication is encouraged for sharing of needs. Some ladies while dating will assume their fiancee or boyfriends knows all her needs and this generates bad blood between just two people not to talk of hundreds and billions of people..

Stay there, don't ask while those asking rightly are receiving..
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 16, 2016
Interesting... Let's see some testimonies
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 16, 2016
Naughtysite:

So if you have 10 children, you as a father goes about meeting all their needs without any of them asking anything because it is assumed you know all their needs..

haha.. You failed that analogy.

Sir, even between man and wife, communication is encouraged for sharing of needs. Some ladies while dating will assume their fiancee or boyfriends knows all her needs and this generates bad blood between just two people not to talk of hundreds and billions of people..

Stay there, don't ask while those asking rightly are receiving..
so that means God doesn't know everything at all unless we tell him? Right or wrong?
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by chefremy(m): 1:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
winkmart:

stop wasting time on this ur signature, check mine.
hope its working. . .
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by tthobique: 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2016
For ur MMM registration or better explanation, contact or whatsapp me on 08160104345
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Senorprinz(m): 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2016
LaEvilIMiss:

the one i am dreaming of
oya wake up, please don't go to bed hungry again.
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Billygee2u: 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
Pseudonymous:
It is a common thing for Christians to wonder whether God still answers prays, and if He does, why does it seem as if He answers only some people. Christians need to realise that you don’t learn how to pray by praying.

You need to find out ‘the how’, if you are to receive from God always. The disciples of Jesus realised this and asked Him to teach them to pray (Luke 11:1). God longs to answer all our prayers, that’s why He said bmphatically, “ask and it SHALL be given you”. Now, How to ask and receive.

1. Know what you want.
And Jesus answered and said unto him, what wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight–Mark 10:51 God truly knows our needs but He wants us to specifically tell Him what we want Him to do for us. The blind man didn’t ask for money, so Jesus didn’t give him money but gave him exactly what he wanted, which was his sight back.

Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified–Isaiah 43:26. God listens for His Words in pray. For you to ask and receive from God always, you need to pray God’s words. So search out what God says concerning that want or desire of yours before you pray.

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success–Joshua 1:8. Meditation enables you to truly believe and act on Gods word. It makes the scriptures real to you and helps you not to doubt no matter the challenge you may be facing.

4. Come boldly
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need–Hebrews 4:16 God is your loving father, so go to Him boldly in prayers. He is not a tyrant. He actually enjoys fellowshipping with His children and loves blessing them.

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name–Psalm 100:4. This is an important step on how to pray to receive from God always. No matter how pressing the issue may be or how much you cry, you can’t enter God’s presence without thanksgiving and praise. They are the only way to get God’s attention.

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us–1John 5:14 For God to hear you and then answer, you need to pray in line with the scriptures you have meditated on concerning your desire. Also, you must ensure that there is nothing that will hinder your prayers, for example unforgiveness. And of course you must pray in the name of Jesus Christ

7. Believe you receive Therefore I say unto you, what things so ever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them-Mark 11:24 This may be the hard part but it is the proof of your faith. You have to believe that God has answered you even before the physical manifestation of the answer. For you to ask and receive from God always, it is “believing is seeing” and “not seeing is believing”.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen–Matthew 6:13 Thanksgiving and praise at the end is also an expression of your faith that God has answered you. Always start and end with praise and thanksgiving.

For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith–Mark 11:23 Now, that you are through with your prayers, there is need for you to start declaring that that issue is settled. People may mock you but as you refuse to give up your confession, the same people will surely return to witness the physical manifestation of your answer.

For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise– Hebrews 10:36 Our timing sometimes is not the same with God’s timing. Therefore, there is need for us to wait patiently for our desired answer to come. Also, majority of the time, the enemy will try to stop the answer from coming. This is why you must not quit believing until you receive your answer. Remember Abraham didn’t quit believing until he received the promise (Isaac) 25 years after the promise was made to him.

Can someone ask and receive from God always? Yes, if the person knows how to pray. As you follow the above.
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by GreatManBee: 5:25pm On Oct 16, 2016
Pseudonymous:

1. Know what you want.

4. Come boldly

Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by maclily: 5:49pm On Oct 16, 2016
Nice. ....
Thanks for the eye opener.

Well done!!
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Jasperwhizz(m): 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
olumaxi:
Lord!...i hav heard many wonderful words about my life and i have been waiting for so long for it to manifest..i pray dat those words,should begin to manifest as from dis morning in Jesus name...i pray this same prayer for everyone reading this comment
AMEN YOU REVERENCE YOUR WORDS MORE THAN YOUR NAMES.FATHER I COMBINE MY FAITH WITH THE FAITH OF THIS MY BROTHER IN YOU ANSWER OUR PRAYER MERCIFUL FATHER IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME AMEN.

1 Like

Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Elviswhite0007: 8:19am On Oct 17, 2016
Thank you Jesus for all you have made known to us.
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On May 08, 2023
Pseudonymous:
1. Know what you want.
4. Come boldly

Can someone ask and receive from God always? Yes, if the person knows how to pray. As you follow the above
Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of pleas. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

You need to understand the meaning of the word "amiss" in order to realize what James was instead trying to tell you in that verse that you pulled from his epistle. If you consult Webster's dictionary, you will find that the word means to be in an imperfect state, a state that is not in the right order aka unrighteous.
Amiss

1. : not being in accordance with the right order. : faulty, imperfect.
What James was saying in that verse is that the reason you do not receive from God is that you are asking in an unrighteous state—a state that is not in accordance with God's mandate of righteousness. So, clearly, you cannot benefit anything from remaining in an unrighteous state as far as God is concerned. That is what God said, and James reiterated it in that verse there. undecided
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On May 09, 2023
muyoge:
■ God answers prayers in the following ways.
1. Yes,have it.
2. No. (Moses prayed to enter the promised land but God said no)
3. Wait for the perfect time. Not now but later.
4. Take a better substitute.
Whichever response we get from God, always thank Him for He knows what is best for us. Whatever your challenge is, remember He says "when you pass through fire you will not be burnt and when you pass through the flood,you will not drown." May you receive the grace to disgrace all the challenges of your life. Just hold on.
1. This is wrong! God said He answers all of the prayers of the righteous, without exception. God already previously declared that all those above the age of 20 at the time the people left the land of Egypt would not enter into the promised land, and Moses was not an exception, hence the reason why he did not enter into the Land of Canaan at that time but Moses will be in the Land of Canaan at the time of the resurrection meaning God did not say No to Moses' desire. undecided

God made it clear that He answers all of the prayers of the righteous and none of the prayers of the unrighteous, so the only hindrance to a "yes" is unrighteousness, and nothing else. undecided
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Kobojunkiee: 9:42pm On May 11, 2023
■ the last bit kinda puts a bleacher into the whole scheme .. Patience and Faith.. My Range Rover Evoque could become an old-school used car by the time God answers
God only answers the prayers of those who have been approved righteous by Him. So you could grow up and die and still not get your prayers answered if you choose to continue in unrighteousness. So, do the needful! Seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness), and then God's Righteousness in order that all these things — the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to all your prayers) — shall be added onto you. undecided
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On May 13, 2023
Spar7tan:
nice one, he that cometh to God must come believing, that he's a reward for those that diligently seek him. # in other words, seek him diligently..
Unless you are first righteous, God ain't rewarding you jack! undecided
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On May 15, 2023
Praying can be discouraging sometimes. Especially when u hear God's time is the best
You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On May 26, 2023
montero4Dladies:
■ Absolutely true guide 2 answered prayers...But alternatively u can praise/worship and u ll always receive 4rm God. U can pray wrong bt can never praise wrong.
None of that religious nonsense will cause God to answer your prayers. undecided

You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who he loves. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On May 29, 2023
■ Op, it's either you lying or God is deception. My question is if God who is an omniscience who knows everything and your needs even before your conception, how come you still pray? Or does God also has short time memory for you to remember him through prayers?
You pray because God asked you to pray —obedience. God relishes our obedience to HIm more than anything else we attempt. He made this known when He said it is those who obey Him that His love belongs. undecided
Re: How To Ask And Receive From God Always by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:40pm On May 29, 2023
olumaxi:
Lord!...i hav heard many wonderful words about my life and i have been waiting for so long for it to manifest..i pray dat those words,should begin to manifest as from dis morning in Jesus name...i pray this same prayer for everyone reading this comment
Amen

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. / How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2020; It Is Time To Fly! 7-12th Dec. 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.