Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work (1377 Views)

Car Suspension: 7 Indicators That Your Car Has Suspension Problems / For Suspension And Power Steering - Buy Quality GEARBOX / For Suspension And Power Steering - Buy Quality GEARBOX With 5% OFF. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by nurey(m): 7:49am On Oct 16, 2016
Good day all

I have not driven my Toyota sienna 2000 for 3 weeks now it's been driven by my sister, so this morning I decided to take it out for an urgent business but the kind church bell ringing around the suspension is appalling.

1. The brake fluid is low and I can hear a metal round sound from the back. I think this one is due to the brake drums attachment has loosened because it has occurred before I recently changed the drum due to an issue.

2. I hear sounds especially passing through bad roads, when I changed the rear bushing like two months ago it reduced but now, even passing through slightly uneven surface gives creak sound. The diagnosis I was given were
@ change the chassis bushing
@ change shock absorbers

3. The wiring too has been tampered with, notice a box with aisin relay inscribed dangling out of place, and when you trafficate to the right, the clock goes off and comes on.

The sounds only come from the back, haven't noticed anything weird in front.

Note: passing through bridge divider sends noticeable vibration at the back.

Please I need someone who can give me a good diagnosis even if it's to show face, I will try to find time as I am quite unavailable.
Re: How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by kingreign(m): 7:55am On Oct 16, 2016
Does it make kpom sound from the back?
Re: How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:58am On Oct 16, 2016
officer check number 3.

Re: How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:00am On Oct 16, 2016
kingreign:

kpom, kpam ,gbagagagagaga grin

4 Likes

Re: How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by nurey(m): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
officer check number 3.

Oga MI, it won't be fair to make fun of me as I rarely make fun of people in need. The number you described, a mechanic once put a spanner there and the thing was shaking said it's not suppose to shake that's the one that recommended chassis bushing.

And the abs hasn't changed goes off but once I enter water, comes on again, once dry, goes off. Abeg help your boy in this recession problem.

Note; I am not an officer nah
Re: How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by nurey(m): 8:43am On Oct 16, 2016
kingreign:

My goons are coming to make kpom sound on yah head. Lol
Re: How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:03am On Oct 16, 2016
nurey:

Oga MI, it won't be fair to make fun of me as I rarely make fun of people in need. The number you described, a mechanic once put a spanner there and the thing was shaking said it's not suppose to shake that's the one that recommended chassis bushing.

And the abs hasn't changed goes off but once I enter water, comes on again, once dry, goes off. Abeg help your boy in this recession problem.

Note; I am not an officer nah

Mechanic is right.
Re: How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by nurey(m): 11:29am On Oct 16, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Mechanic is right.
Thank you very much for your prompt and timely reply
Re: How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by earthrealm(m): 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
kingreign:

that should be the control arm bushing?.
how easy is replacing that bushing?
bought the bushings for my car, but some people on another car forum are saying its a tough job getting the old bushings out
Re: How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by kingreign(m): 12:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
earthrealm:

bought the bushings for my car, but some people on another car forum are saying its a tough job getting the old bushings out

Any mechanic work is a tough job bro
Re: How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by nurey(m): 1:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
earthrealm:

That bushing no be easy work or even a days job oooo according to a mechanic I consulted. And the rains aren't helping matters at all
Re: How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:03am On Oct 18, 2016
nurey:

That bushing no be easy work or even a days job oooo according to a mechanic I consulted. And the rains aren't helping matters at all

how does the rain affect your Jobs?
Re: How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:10am On Oct 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

He works under a tree
Re: How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by nurey(m): 5:45am On Oct 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Its not my job, it's the mechanics job. The last job done was delayed by 2 days due to rain.
Re: How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by Wristler: 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hello car gurus.
I probably would have opened another thread but I feel its best to post this here since the topic encompasses my concerns.
Car is a Primera P11. A whistling noise ( with high pitch, I like the type that comes from a hot kettle) with sudden onset is always heard coming from the the front wheel /tyre (Passenger's side) especially when driving on rough surfaces.
I've visited 2 different mechanics and both had removed the tyres and checked and oiled the arms. The shock absorber was always their suspect but it they said it has not leaked nor is it looking weak ( and so it's still alright). I would have risked changing the shock but I'm afraid the noise might still continue and money these days is scarce.
Pls I need reviews and advice on possible solutions
cc GAZZUZZ, kingreign
Re: How To Diagnose Suspension And Leg Work by Wristler: 6:57am On Oct 22, 2016
^^^^^ I visited some better online car fora and it seems that it's common knowledge to have the upper arm of that very side squeak after some time.
This might help someone else someday

(1) (Reply)

Vintage Benz Left To Rot / Small Vehicles Driving Side Conversion / Between Camry 05(v6) And Accord 07(i4).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.