Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Why Is Every Number Raised To The Power Of Zero One Not Zero - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is Every Number Raised To The Power Of Zero One Not Zero (563 Views)

Akwa Ibom Science College Where Students Are Raised In Squalour / Genius: Zero Raised To Power Of Zero Is What? / 500-Level UNIUYO Student’s School Fees Raised By Nigerians On Twitter In 5 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Every Number Raised To The Power Of Zero One Not Zero by YoungSoldier(m): 11:02am On Oct 16, 2016
I got confused most times while in secondary school pertaining to the issue of all numbers raised to the power of zero(0) is one(1) not zero(0) even zero(0) raised to power zero(0) is also one(1)
Our teachers had always explain to us that if we see a number "e.g 2" raised to power of another "e.g 3", it means 2 in 3times i.e; 2*2*2, if its 2^1, it means 2 in 1time i.e; 2. So if that is the case, i think 2^0 should also be 2 in zero time which directly mean there is no 2 at all and that should result to "0".
why do everyone say its 1?
why isn't it 0?
Mathematicians in the house pls.
Re: Why Is Every Number Raised To The Power Of Zero One Not Zero by Idenyijoshua(m): 11:52am On Oct 16, 2016
Hope this helps

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Every Number Raised To The Power Of Zero One Not Zero by YoungSoldier(m): 2:02am On Oct 19, 2016
Idenyijoshua:
Hope this helps
oh yea. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Get Prepared For Jamb 2017 With Jamb Cbt Software/app / Female Roommate Needed At Unilorin / Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.