Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Life As A Student In Italy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Life As A Student In Italy (11375 Views)

Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU / Edward Kisuze, Ugandan Lecturer Arrested For Sexually Harassing A Student / Teacher Assaults SS2 Student In Imo After Pestering Her For Sex (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life As A Student In Italy by shaggyosas(m): 11:27am On Oct 16, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, this forum is created to help Nigerians studying in Italy. Questions of what to expect, what to do when you arrive, accommodations for rent, directions on how to get to a place, how the educational system work and many more are discussed. I warn that every information passed through this forum be re examined and please don't post false information. Get the questions coming and I'm sure there will be someone who would give the required answers. Prego!
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Life As A Student In Italy by AlfieAlf: 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hi, please I want to ask how is the student visa policy in Italy like, Coz am about applying for a 2yr master degree programme in politecnico di Milano....
Also can a student's visa be extended after study like Canada or once u r done with masters, u r going back home?

Also, r dere job opportunities after study in Italy?

1 Like

Re: Life As A Student In Italy by newacca: 8:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
This is a great move. However, I hope our people will utilize the thread cheesy The Italy visa thread comes alive during pre-registration, visa application and collection time grin
All the same, you've initiated a good move.

Study life in Italy is challenging and interesting smiley Lot of workloads, no suegbe, no dulling. It's an eye opening experience. As challenging as it looks, it's full of knowledge, experience and promising future. Just do it!

2 Likes

Re: Life As A Student In Italy by fOFT: 12:22am On Oct 18, 2016
AlfieAlf:
Hi, please I want to ask how is the student visa policy in Italy like, Coz am about applying for a 2yr master degree programme in politecnico di Milano....
Also can a student's visa be extended after study like Canada or once u r done with masters, u r going back home?

Good questions
I can only speak for 'Engineering' because all my friends that graduated from my school got different offers from companies within and outside Italy.
They declined the offers because of their Ph.D programme.
So, the answer is God+luck+ perseverance + positive mind
Also, after the completion of your M.Sc, you'll apply for another permit of stay which will be valid for 12 months and this will allow you to search for job.
This is all I know as at this time.

3 Likes

Re: Life As A Student In Italy by AlfieAlf: 6:33am On Oct 19, 2016
Thanks guys
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by shaggyosas(m): 8:18am On Oct 19, 2016
fOFT is right. @ newacca, thanks for the contributions. Some of us that just entering italy for the first time are finding it difficult. Like;

1. The issue of bus fare. If you are new in italy endeavour to get a bus ticket which cost btw 1.5 euro (valid for 90mins), 6.50 euro (5 times of 90mins) and 21euro (valid for a month). This bus ticket should be entered into the machine inside the bus once within that 90mins except for the monthly one which is entered once in the 1st of any month. If you enter the monthly ticket, for example on the 2nd - 27th of that month, it expires on the last day of that month, which means you don't get up to a month bus fare. Not yielding to this advice, when caught, you will pay a fine of 25euro. Happened to a friend of mine.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life As A Student In Italy by Faithdamsel(f): 2:11pm On Oct 19, 2016
shaggyosas:
Hello Nairalanders, this forum is created to help Nigerians studying in Italy. Questions of what to expect, what to do when you arrive, accommodations for rent, directions on how to get to a place, how the educational system work and many more are discussed. I warn that every information passed through this forum be re examined and please don't post false information. Get the questions coming and I'm sure there will be someone who would give the required answers. Prego!

Nice one
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by shaggyosas(m): 9:07pm On Oct 24, 2016
Faithdamsel:

Nice one
Yeah. So what's new in Rome?
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by DanIndia(m): 7:34pm On Jan 05, 2017
AlfieAlf:

This pretty much sums it up. And POLIMI is a bit theoretical so be ready.
Allora, Ciao.

@fOFT - I see you ehm
fOFT:

Good questions
I can only speak for 'Engineering' because all my friends that graduated from my school got different offers from companies within and outside Italy.
They declined the offers because of their Ph.D programme.
So, the answer is God+luck+ perseverance + positive mind
Also, after the completion of your M.Sc, you'll apply for another permit of stay which will be valid for 18 months and this will allow you to search for job.
This is all I know as at this time.

Re: Life As A Student In Italy by dejiconde(m): 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2017
Nice thread
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 21, 2017
Thanks @fOFT.Buona sera a tutti, mi chiamo Angelo.Staying in Italy not a student though,just wanna hookup with friends from Africa,ever since have been in this place,some of the blacks I tried to relate with don't share same idea with me and also have very low iQ sorry to say,distance might not be a problem,am the type that like traveling.Look forward to know you guys. Grazie a tutti....
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2017
smithsydny:
Nice one
am still same person guys.
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by newacca: 9:39am On Jan 22, 2017
chasers:
Thanks @fOFT.Buona sera a tutti, mi chiamo Angelo.Staying in Italy not a student though,just wanna hookup with friends from Africa,ever since have been in this place,some of the blacks I tried to relate with don't share same idea with me and also have very low iQ sorry to say,distance might not be a problem,am the type that like traveling.Look forward to know you guys. Grazie a tutti....
I'm in Roma. Where are you?
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 22, 2017
newacca:

I'm in Roma. Where are you?
In Bari,wahoo left Roma last month grin Student right?
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by newacca: 10:45am On Jan 22, 2017
chasers:
In Bari,wahoo left Roma last month grin Student right?
Yeah. When next you are in Roma, you can buzz me. smiley
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 22, 2017
newacca:

Yeah. When next you are in Roma, you can buzz me. smiley
Alright,Anytime you guys have any gathering over there,just holla @ me.Grazie
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by newacca: 11:49am On Jan 22, 2017
chasers:
Alright,Anytime you guys have any gathering over there,just holler @ me.Grazie
Unfortunately, I am not aware of such gathering at the moment. Maybe when other nairalanders in Roma think we should organize one. smiley
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
newacca:

Unfortunately, I am not aware of such gathering at the moment. Maybe when other nairalanders in Roma think we should organize one. smiley
Alright.Buona giornata...
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by Faithdamsel(f): 4:38pm On Jan 24, 2017
newacca:

Whenever you are ready for a gathering, buzz me and i will be there.
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by newacca: 5:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
Faithdamsel:

Whenever you are ready for a gathering, buzz me and i will be there.
How about this weekend? How many of us are in Rome or near Rome? I would be glad if any NL in Rome could signify here.
Grazie smiley
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by shaggyosas(m): 1:56am On Jan 26, 2017
It would be nice to have a get together. When the time is right, will definitely show up.
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by freeman105: 11:00am On Jan 26, 2017
Call :08139315254 for private lesson.both regular students and students with all forms of learning disability.only people in Abuja
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 27, 2017
newacca:

How about this weekend? How many of us are in Rome or near Rome? I would be glad if any NL in Rome could signify here.
Grazie smiley
why don't will plan it bigger,kind of getting an apartment for two days or three,won't just be people closer to Rome,or camping instead.Might not be this month..
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by newacca: 3:35pm On Jan 27, 2017
chasers:
why don't will plan it bigger,kind of getting an apartment for two days or three,won't just be people closer to Rome,or camping instead.Might not be this month..
Not bad though.
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by Chryx: 4:58pm On Jan 27, 2017
Newecca please I want to discuss something very important with you but privately.please can I chat you up on whatsapp?
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by newacca: 9:18pm On Jan 27, 2017
Chryx:
Newecca please I want to discuss something very important with you but privately.please can I chat you up on whatsapp?
I don't use whatsapp often. You can send private message via Nairaland, if want you want to say is really private. NL will notify me and you will be able to message me directly.
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by nappyboi001: 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hey guys, am about processing my admission at University of bologna for MSc molecular biology. Pls will need candid advice on life in Italy, accommodation n stuffs. Thanks in anticipation for a reply.

2 Likes

Re: Life As A Student In Italy by ghostmist: 3:22pm On Mar 06, 2017
Mehn, what happened to this thread...?
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by shaggyosas(m): 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2017
nappyboi001:
Hey guys, am about processing my admission at University of bologna for MSc molecular biology. Pls will need candid advice on life in Italy, accommodation n stuffs. Thanks in anticipation for a reply.
i really dont know about accommodation for bologna. but prices should range from 130 to 500 euros depending on what suits your lifestyle. Life is cool. Nobody sends what you wear to school or how you live your life. The students can be friendly, if u get to know them.

1 Like

Re: Life As A Student In Italy by Chryx: 2:44pm On Mar 20, 2017
This room is so quiet...I've been in Rome for days now and I barely see blacks not to talk of Nigerians
Re: Life As A Student In Italy by DanIndia(m): 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
Chryx:
This room is so quiet...I've been in Rome for days now and I barely see blacks not to talk of Nigerians
Ah I see. How do you like Rome so far?

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ten Tips That Will Boast Your Exam Preparation / Abraham Lincoln's Letter To His Son's Teacher... / Ganduje Employs Dahuru Abdulhamid Idris, Blind Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.