Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Nigerian Atheist: - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Atheist: (2160 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Atheist Cowards? / Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ahmadgani:

be it pretense or what ever you might call it, it all summed up that you still need God indirectly though.
still need people that believe in god
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Ahmadgani(m): 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
AnonyNymous:
still need people that believe in god
it's still God indirectly
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ahmadgani:

it's still God indirectly
If I need Naruto/Spiderman fans to buy my merchandise, does that mean they(Naruto and Spiderman) exist?
If there were no Naruto fans would I bother myself about selling Naruto branded merchandise?
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Ahmadgani(m): 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
AnonyNymous:

If I need Naruto/Spiderman fans to buy my merchandise, does that mean they(Naruto and Spiderman) exist?
If there were no Naruto fans would I bother myself about selling Naruto branded merchandise?
if naruto was not created how will naruto get fans in the first place. naruto was created before it's fans.

so if naruto was not created, you will never hear about naruto.
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by akintom(m): 10:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ahmadgani:
Can a nigerian atheist become a president, governor or even a legislator?

Yes, an atheist can contest election into any political post in Nigeria. Atheists don't normally go around ( like preachers) telling people to change and become atheists. To an average atheist, religion is private and personal.

Atheist will not normally bring up religious discussions, until he's irritated by religious absurdity.

You only come across atheists on platforms like this, and through their writings.

If the issue of religion comes up during campaign, atheists are appropriately intelligent enough to handle that.

If yes, how can he or she be sworn into office putting into consideration the procedure of swearing in of public office holders in nigeria. They are meant to carry the bible or the quran while swearing.

The constitution is recognized as an oath symbol.

How do nigerian atheist say the national pledge and the second stanza of the national anthem?
election
"SO HELP ME GOD" "OH GOD OF CREATION"
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ahmadgani:

if naruto was not created how will naruto get fans in the first place. naruto was created before it's fans.

so if naruto was not created, you will never hear about naruto.
Exactly! And I wouldn't need to make special naruto merchandise to appease naruto fans.
But since there are so many fans of a non existent being, who are so crazy for him to the point that they can do anything, I have to find a way to appease those fans if I want to achieve my aim.
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Ahmadgani(m): 5:57am On Oct 19, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Exactly! And I wouldn't need to make special naruto merchandise to appease naruto fans.
But since there are so many fans of a non existent being, who are so crazy for him to the point that they can do anything, I have to find a way to appease those fans if I want to achieve my aim.

it's all the same. by appeasing God fans, you are indirectly appeasing God. but as an atheist you will be thinking otherwise but in real sense you used God to achieve your aim
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 19, 2016
Ahmadgani:

it's all the same. by appeasing God fans, you are indirectly appeasing God. but as an atheist you will be thinking otherwise but in real sense you used God to achieve your aim
So, with your logic, by appeasing Naruto fans, I'm appeasing Naruto, a fictional character? Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Kingdanitez97(m): 6:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
I see people who call themselves atheistic as an act of cowardice.... Even native doctors nd their fellow Idol worshipers believe in their shrines nd idols bt they also believe that there is a supreme being who is in heaven.. Long before Christianity came to Nigeria, the ogbo's have been using the word "Chukwubinaigwe" (God who art in heaven).. Yoruba's have been calling olorun... Even the Greeks that worship Zeus believe in uranus(God of heaven)... Biko my brothers nd sister, let us join hands nd save this lost souls(Atheists)
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by akintom(m): 6:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
Kingdanitez97:
I see people who call themselves atheistic as an act of cowardice.... Even native doctors nd their fellow Idol worshipers believe in their shrines nd idols bt they also believe that there is a supreme being who is in heaven.. Long before Christianity came to Nigeria, the ogbo's have been using the word "Chukwubinaigwe" (God who art in heaven).. Yoruba's have been calling olorun... Even the Greeks that worship Zeus believe in uranus(God of heaven)... Biko my brothers nd sister, let us join hands nd save this lost souls(Atheists)

cowardice - lack of courage to face danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.
- dictionary

If there's any group of folks bound pitiably by cowardice, it's evidently the religious folks.

If you can just do Google search on demographics of religious beliefs rejection, you will discover the rate at which your "brothers and sisters" are becoming atheists.

We are on rescue mission of you religious folks.
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Ahmadgani(m): 9:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
AnonyNymous:

So, with your logic, by appeasing Naruto fans, I'm appeasing Naruto, a fictional character? Lol

No! you are appeasing the creators of naruto
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 21, 2016
Ahmadgani:

No! you are appeasing the creators of naruto
You've added another dimension into the analogy. I only used Naruto because Naruto was a fictional character. Adding the creators of Naruto when you equate it to my analogy, you're saying that I'm appeasing the creators of god.
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Ahmadgani(m): 10:20pm On Oct 21, 2016
AnonyNymous:

You've added another dimension into the analogy. I only used Naruto because Naruto was a fictional character. Adding the creators of Naruto when you equate it to my analogy, you're saying that I'm appeasing the creators of god.
the question is how did you know naruto and how did you HEAR about God.

you knew about naruto through the creators but you learnt about God through his followers. appeasing naruto's fans means appeasing the creators. appeasing God's fans means appeasing God
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2016
....Nigeria being what it is today; I'll say a definite no.

I knew a non-conformist a while back in my neighbourhood (atheist, deist, I dunno) who has helped our communities in immeasurable ways and had plans to further build our place.

But when he ran for local government chairman; he lost.

Why

Because people said that if he wins; he will "open the neighbourhood to demonic attacks".

Heck, I also believed that shit.

They eventually voted in a man who embezzled money meant for a transformer and the whole community had to buy a new one from their pockets.

Moral of the story: People will always be people. Gullibility and religiosity flow hand in hand.
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 21, 2016
Ahmadgani:
the question is how did you know naruto and how did you HEAR about God.

you knew about naruto through the creators but you learnt about God through his followers. appeasing naruto's fans means appeasing the creators. appeasing God's fans means appeasing God
My goodness, you people are experts at twisting things around. That is not the analogy I made at all. Ok, let me use something else.

I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. The only thing I eat is noodles in his honor. My house is full of different types of macaroni from around the world. My gate's welcome message says "Peace be unto you. Ramen". I organise cooking classes every Sunday to teach people how to cook spaghetti. I have a degree in food science and I cooked a special brand of Italian Spaghetti for my final year project, all because my life is dedicated to the glory of the Flying Spaghetti Monster(PBUH).

Now, to you, I'm raving mad. But, lets imagine you need my financial assistance or anything at all. What would be the first thing you'd do? Pretend to love spaghetti, right? Does that mean you are appeasing me, or appeasing the flying spaghetti monster?
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Ahmadgani(m): 5:31pm On Oct 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Now, to you, I'm raving mad. But, lets imagine you need my financial assistance or anything at all. What would be the first thing you'd do? Pretend to love spaghetti, right? Does that mean you are appeasing me, or appeasing the flying spaghetti monster?

I'll like to commend you for using analogical deduction.
But let me ask. Between you and the flying monster, which is more relevant? You!
Using your above logic, i drew that you are a fan of the monster and none of you created eachanother, right? If that is so, i am left with two conclusion.
One, without you, the monster will still exist. Without the monster you will still exist. But the problem now is that you believe in the monster and love all that is associated with the monster. That makes u a slave to the monster. If i am appeasing you, i will be appeasing d monster indirectly, if i pretend to love the monster, i am appeasing you.
To you the monster is everything because u dedicated ur life to it
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2016
Ahmadgani:

I'll like to commend you for using analogical deduction.
But let me ask. Between you and the flying monster, which is more relevant? You!
Using your above logic, i drew that you are a fan of the monster and none of you created each another, right? If that is so, i am left with two conclusion.
One, without you, the monster will still exist.. Without the monster you will still exist. But the problem now is that you believe in the monster and love all that is associated with the monster. That makes u a slave to the monster. If i am appeasing you, i will be appeasing d monster indirectly, if i pretend to love the monster, i am appeasing you.
To you the monster is everything because u dedicated ur life to it
-I 'created the monster'. It is a figment of my imagination

-With or without me, the monster does not exist. You know that. But you only have to pretend to like a non existent 'monster' just to get to me.
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Ahmadgani(m): 9:34pm On Oct 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:

-I 'created the monster'. It is a figment of my imagination

-With or without me, the monster does not exist. You know that. But you only have to pretend to like a non existent 'monster' just to get to me.
nope! by bringing it up in this scenario means you are attached to it. God was not cooked up the way you cooked up this your monster(master).

imagine your father is a notorious armed robber, then he was chased by police men.

Knowing fully well were your father hid himself but you lied and was able to put off the police men. now are you aiding an armed robber? or you are protecting your father?
Re: Nigerian Atheist: by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 22, 2016
Ahmadgani:
nope! by bringing it up in this scenario means you are attached to it. God was not cooked up the way you cooked up this your monster(master).
I'm going to stop here. Its mere difference in ideology. You dont believe the bible was cooked up, I do. Simple. My point is just that we don't need your god because we feel that its imaginary (how can you need something that doesn't exist ) but that we need you, in this country to become anything. See what Nelson Mandela said about Nigeria not being secular in his 2007 interview. But as far as you're concerned, by needing you, YOU think we're needing your imaginary figure that hasn't done anything or even sown that it exists.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do I think that I am very rich and wealthy, and why do I see myself so???... / 990yrs In Kingdom Of Satan-confession. Click Here To Download / CHURCH VS CONGREGATION Congregation Was Yahshua Creation, Church A Creation Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.