Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services (18028 Views)

Why NECO Scrapped Use Of Scratch Cards In Examination / NECO Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards, Announces New System / JAMB Effectively Scraps Scratch Cards, Redesigns Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by soldierkunle: 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has scrapped the use of scratch cards for any of its transactions and services, describing it as “archaic,” its Registrar/Chief Executive, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, has announced.

He also demanded that the Federal Government should revert to the former system where serving vice-chancellors of universities were made chairmen of the Governing Board of JAMB.

A statement issued by the spokesperson for JAMB, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, obtained by The PUNCH on Sunday, said Oloyede made the announcement in Abuja in a paper he delivered during a meeting of the Association of Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities.

According to him, JAMB would be using the platform of pin vending to check all forms of fraudulent practices which was prevalent with the use of scratch cards.

“The decision is as a result of its consistent subjection to fraudulent practices, the use of scratch cards is archaic and it is the aim of JAMB to also promote accountability in line with government’s zero tolerance for corruption. This new system will be accessible through the options of web payment, ATM issued cards (Visa, Verve and MasterCard), online quick teller, ATM payment, quick teller mobile application and Bank Branch case/card,” he emphasised.

Oloyede said in the olden days, the understanding was that only serving vice-chancellors were made chairmen of Governing Board of JAMB.

While appealing that government should go back to the practice from inception, Oloyede added that since the agency was a creation of the Committee of Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian universities, it would only be proper for them to be clearly recognised as active stakeholders to avoid any acrimony between tertiary institutions and JAMB.

He believed that going back to the old practices would “engender good synergies and harmonious relationship with a view to effectively delivering on its mandates.”

http://punchng.com/jamb-scraps-use-scratch-cards-2/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
Nice one from Jamb
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by HOLRANGE(m): 8:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
PA Oloyede, that man will restructure jamb that the organisation's life would never remain the same again

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
Chanji dole
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by Aghanel(m): 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
I will comment when I am out from the #other room grin tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by veekid(m): 2:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
What's and or who is jamb?
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by badaoyeyemi(f): 2:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
Aghanel:
I will comment when I am out from the #other room grin tongue
or when we re out of the other room

4 Likes

Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by confistified(m): 2:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
Make Sense..... Remain to bring back post utme nd reduce the fee..... If not staff children don hit jackpot at the expense of other better candidates lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by Unsad(m): 2:14pm On Oct 17, 2016
Good development
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
Many uninformed tribal and religious bigots were blinded by this man's achievement in UNILORIN, they even accused the president of appointing Muslims...now he has stopped what Dibu Ojerinde, a christian like me, could not stop.

Corruption does not know religion, if not James Ibori would not have stolen that much.

I would rather appoint a competent Muslim than appoint/vote a corrupt human being like GEJ

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by Garay(m): 2:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
good move by jamb
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
Q
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by lekxaid007(m): 2:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
am busy in the other room please.........

later tinz
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by seyirock(m): 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
am not understanding, make person explain abeg.
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by olahero(m): 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
This is the best way of restructuring.
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by Vicadonis(m): 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ok
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by bigtt76(f): 2:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
PIN vending and scratch cards are the same thing naaa! Why not integrate to a payment platform and allow the use of bank issued ATM cards? Haba naija angry

7 Likes

Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by iambabaG: 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
I was told this man is a no-nonsense person which is becoming very evident inside the organisation..

This type of radical person is needed to enforce the needed change

Carry go sir.. Sanitize And flush all 'em bad egg out of the system!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by davibid: 2:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
At last change is affecting some sectors

#Change
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by segxes23(m): 2:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
bigtt76:
PIN vending and scratch cards are the same thing naaa! Why not integrate to a payment platform and allow the use of bank issued ATM cards? Haba naija angry

Did you read it at all

6 Likes

Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by Bimpe29: 2:32pm On Oct 17, 2016
Let the change begin with..... Any how e go better. Oloyede; A Reformer per excellence..... Unilorin on my mind.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by Lagusta(m): 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
bigtt76:

Did you actually read the post??

Or you don't know what "PIN vending" is all about

Which village are you from? Daura or Kazaure?!??!

9 Likes

Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by HonabFaj(m): 2:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
God Bless Prof. Olodele ,Great step in the right direction.With the sells of the scratch cards on UTME,Post UTME and Direct Entry forms with an extra charges like (200,300 Naira) on the main amount all this years ,Jamb Office still looks like a poultry.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by bigtt76(f): 2:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
Yes I did and below said

According to him, JAMB would be using the platform of pin vending to check all forms of fraudulent practices which was prevalent with the use of scratch cards.

It also went on to mention

This new system will be accessible through the options of web payment, ATM issued cards (Visa, Verve and MasterCard), online quick teller, ATM payment, quick teller mobile application and Bank Branch case/card,” he emphasised.

What I'm asking is why 'vend PIN again when the card payment option and others could easily manage that aspect? undecided

Lagusta:

Did you actually read the post??

Or you don't know what "PIN vending" is all about

Which village are you from? Daura or Kazaure?!??!

4 Likes

Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by bigtt76(f): 2:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
Yes I did and below said

It also went on to mention

This new system will be accessible through the options of web payment, ATM issued cards (Visa, Verve and MasterCard), online quick teller, ATM payment, quick teller mobile application and Bank Branch case/card,” he emphasised.

What I'm asking is why 'vend PIN again when the card payment option and others could easily manage that aspect? undecided

segxes23:

Did you read it at all

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by youngmoneyeze: 2:44pm On Oct 17, 2016
can somebody help with wht their mean by Federal Government should revert to the former system where serving vice-chancellors of universities were made chairmen of the Governing Board of JAMB.
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by kunlex445(m): 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
Nice development from jamb..
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by idris4r83(m): 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2016
Very good development by jamb.
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by MAXIMAL123(m): 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
Busy now, I will comment latter grin
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by kings09(m): 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
I comment my reserve till I finish up in the Other Room
Re: JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services by Lagusta(m): 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2016
bigtt76:

it's more or less the same, just depends on the platform you want to choose....

You pay through your bank account through either quick teller or eTranzact, they send a "one time password" (OTP) to your phone, you type the OTP (this acts as the PIN) on the portal, and voila, you've paid!!

It's far better and more secure than the "scratch card" issue... Anyone can print scratch cards, even you.... wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU, SSANU Threaten Strike Over Unpaid Salaries, Directives On Staff School / HND Certificates’ Long Road To Obliteration / Usman Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Admission List Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.