Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Before You Marry A Divorcee. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Before You Marry A Divorcee. (27914 Views)

Reno Omokri: "Never Marry A Woman You Have Not Seen Without Makeup" (Photos) / Can You Marry A Retired Prostitute? [video] - Watch Reactions / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Excuzeme: 7:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
Toks2008:

As I wrote, there is absolutely nothing wrong in marrying a divorcee but what I advised is that due diligence be done to know why he or she was divorced.

Some people have good reasons for divorcing while some have lame excuses and if the divorcee you are considering marrying falls into the latter category then I will simply tell you to run or stand the risk of wasting your time with such.

But the "Ex" is not the right source to seek an Objective, balanced and untainted review of what transpired!
Its like asking a thief if Robber should be punished!
What will you expect him to say? grin grin

Imagine asking a Nigeria ex-wife whether you the new, intended wife should marry her ex-husband!
Cheesux, she would so poison your mind you will feel like poisoning the man, just for daring to marry you.
shocked shocked grin grin

To find clues, go to neighbours of the couples, people who hear and see what they do on a daily basis.
Dont even ask friends as those ones would have chosen "camps" and fall into the husband/Wife camp
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Olabestonic001(m): 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
histemple:

I doubt seriously if you are married because of your submissions herein. The OP is spot on.
There is no perfect marriage anywhere in the world, the happy families you see, are products of continued resilience and tolerance.

First, you must understand that the institution called marriage is under serious and CONTINUOUS attack by the devil. So, some things happening in marriages are spiritually manipulated and can only be understood by married people.

So, if a husband/wife offends the other and he/she is truly sorry, then the one insisting on divorce is either unforgiving or has no regard for marriage. Such person will always have reasons to walk away from subsequent marriage (s).

He rightly captured it when he said "there is a party that isn't willing to divorce". If you are lucky to have a remorseful and apologetic partner who wants the marriage intact, you should be happy and forgiving. Then follow up with prayers.

From experience, the party who is insistent on divorce thinks the grass is greener on the other side.

you're speaking from experience.
I fear the next generation ooooo, marriage is seen by most of them as gaining an employment.
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Toks2008(m): 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
Excuzeme:

This does not make sense one bit!

How did you ever come about the coloured part?
There are millions of people who found TRUE LOVE in their second marriage, Male and Female, and lived together till death!

BTW: there are things that cant be forgiven, or "forgotten", which makes re-unification IMPOSSIBLE and DIVORCE the ONLY ALTERNATIVE!
For[b] example[/b], Man caught his wife with his Brother!

Also, there are times when a divorce is better alternative than forcing two "mad humans" to live under the same roof!
Although, l think it should not be taken for granted, due to its effects on the children, if any

Only a dummy will expect to hear something good about a prospective spouse from an ex but my point is logical enough...no matter the lies, st least you will have a little clue about some facts and the person will be left to clear the air on the terrible things the ex said.

I still wonder why some people find this difficult to understand...

Employers ask for references and this is a place you may decide to leave tomorrow how much more marriage that is a lifetime thing...Phew!
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Youngpo413: 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2016
STENON:
The best is to run away from divorcee.

They are always nice, God-Fearing and caring at the beginning in order to attract opposite sex.
same with baby mama's....
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 17, 2016
I'll divorce a million if nab my woman cheating!
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Femiwilli: 9:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
ogaprime:

Mr man, you better watch your mouth. Know what you say before you say it. If you are not a member of RCCG, please open up your mouth and ask God for forgiveness. Hope you know the devil knows the bible too, so those verse you quoted up there can be quoted by anybody.

As a matter of fact do you know Pastor Ituah Ighodalo?? Please make research on Pastor Ituah Ighodalo

Go and read the bible and see, the devil misquotes the bible.

Jesus on the other hand is clear.
Marrying a divorcee is adultery.

Nothing will change that.

bitingcool:

If God was a Nigerian, walahi, no one will make heaven.
So because Adeboye's Pastor's remarry, he is of the devil? Biko, carry your assertion elsewhere elsewhere. The. Men remarrying, don't they have brains or pri..ck to decide on their own.
Some Nigerians and their judgmental lives... upon all, na una thief pass

He always like to make out he does not support sin, but he has not rejected RCCG marrying divorcees.

God is clear that remarrying is a sin, nothing to do with how men think.

Their is alot wrong with RCCG if you look carefully.

alexiej:

Hmmmn.

One, Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus, collected bribe, sold Him out... Did that remove the fact that Jesus is the son of God?
If not, I don't see why sin committed by a junior pastor should make u "know that Adeboye is not of God"

Two, can you name ONE of those "his pastors" that DIVORCED his wife (not that she died, and not that she cheated on him(since the bible allows for divorce in such instance)) and remarried, and still remains a pastor in RCCG today.

See, whatever u do not understand, it's better to ask questions about it than to assert an uninformed opinion. Check out 1Timothy 1:7

Jesus said that Judas Ischariot will suffer eternal condemantion.

Mark 14:21
The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed!
good were it for that man if he had never been born.

Has Adeboye come out to condemn remarrying of divorces as he shouts about tithes ?

If one person is dead then the covenant is dissolved.

You go and research Adeboye with RCCG.
All is not well there.

RCCG is like

Matthew 23:27
indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

praiseandpeac:

Which of the Adeboye's pastors divorce and remarries pls?

Go and research, you'll see something is deeply wrong.
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Okite15(m): 10:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
if you marry a divorcee, u are an adulterer. simple. Neva marry a divorcée
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Toks2008(m): 10:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
Okite15:

Says who?
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by tosyne2much(m): 10:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
Spot on oga Toks cool
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by hamilton62(m): 10:57pm On Oct 17, 2016
Google63:

I agree with you, but how about a case of domestic violence where the woman is being turned to a dumping bag on a daily basis. Will you agree she risks her life for a marriage that isn't going anywhere?
my dear, just because you don't like what is happening in your marriage doesn't result to divorce as an option from the bible...
Remember, an oath was taken for this that was why it has a part saying, ...in sickness and in health, poorer or richer, for better for WORSE but not for good or for bad... This tells that there's a magnitude of things one will endure, process afte assimilation in his or her ,arriage and deduce the best option further with God in that marriage... We can't believe in the union of marriage which gladdens the heart of God to show us favor and still believe in what saddens Him which is Divorce...
Let me tell you the truth, your 2nd wife can't be like you first if you be sincere to score them or a score card htough both will have their challenges but life isn't a bed of roses...
In domestic violence, you have to find or discover the root of that action because there was a time when you were cherished that he/she can't do without the other...
What kept a beautiful and old marriage that's the talk of town is undertsanding, patience and knowing your place and responsibility garnished with romance...
Love's not the premier because it's built to start flaming from the eyes of the other from mere likeness and these )the above qualities) are the mantle before its manifestation...
I know some families who have gone through the worst but they survive it and are grateful to God for not yielding to the ill thoughts and pessimists around then...
What is the cause and when did the violence start?
What can i do to arrest such action in my marriage?
In all, never ommit God because he makes our little efforts manifest with enormous magnitude...
Just be sincere, for ladies, you'll see that the man who thinks he is the 'big head' of the family will be in your palms if you know the power bestowed in womanhood as a wife...
Divorce is selfishness to the family, the children are affected greatly, like it or not and remember that they are the greatest investment gotten from the union for continuity and growth.
I know it's not easy but we are natural winners from conception to birth, so we can do it after winning the race for fertilization...
It's easy to die than to live, so we mustn't expect it to be easy but His grace is sufficient.
Thanks.
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by PINES: 2:51am On Oct 18, 2016
"Marriage is a union between two forgivers ..."
#CopyThat
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by hollypagan: 5:23am On Oct 18, 2016
Well I have to say marriage doesn't have any formula,he or she will meltdown when you use your best formula
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by STENON(f): 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2016
Youngpo413:
same with baby mama's....
Yes oo
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Donald7610: 3:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
Okite15:
Wish you marry your missing rib
else ..
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Okite15(m): 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
Toks2008:

Says who?
the Bible. Weda u believe it or not doesn't change its stand!
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Toks2008(m): 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2016
Okite15:

the Bible. Weda u believe it or not doesn't change its stand!

You need to read this...
https://www.nairaland.com/3384570/does-god-permit-woman-divorce

I hope lalasticlala will beam the thread for more viewers cos it's really insightful.
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Excuzeme: 2:58am On Oct 19, 2016
Toks2008:

Only a dummy will expect to hear something good about a prospective spouse from an ex but my point is logical enough...no matter the lies, st least you will have a little clue about some facts and the person will be left to clear the air on the terrible things the ex said.

I still wonder why some people find this difficult to understand...

Employers ask for references and this is a place you may decide to leave tomorrow how much more marriage that is a lifetime thing...Phew!

Stop biting yourself in the tongue!
It takes a dunce to do that.

Below is your quote advocating the prospective bride/groom to go seek REASON FOR THE DIVORCE, from the "Ex".

Toks2008:

Before you marry a divorcee please make sure you find out the reason for the divorce and if it is possible, have a discussion with the ex to hear the other side of the story and no matter the false representation given by the ex, you will still have an idea of the type of person he or she is and the reason for the divorce because in most cases, the party who insists on divorce will always have a reason to divorce again and again.[/b]]

Why seek information from a 'source' (the Ex) when you are sure the information given will be FALSE and UNRELIABLE?
It simply shows a lack of clarity of the thought process on the part of whoever does that.
No long story, its a dud.
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Okite15(m): 3:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
Toks2008:

You need to read this...
https://www.nairaland.com/3384570/does-god-permit-woman-divorce

I hope lalasticlala will beam the thread for more viewers cos it's really insightful.
bro, dats ur sch of thought, no scripture is of private interpretation, and dats wat u did in DAT write up. Divorce and remarriage is a sin, be it male or female, there's nothing insightful Abt DAT thread. just please accept d scripture in black and white, u are not wiser Dan d author- God. God bless.
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Toks2008(m): 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
Okite15:

bro, dats ur sch of thought, no scripture is of private interpretation, and dats wat u did in DAT write up. Divorce and remarriage is a sin, be it male or female, there's nothing insightful Abt DAT thread. just please accept d scripture in black and white, u are not wiser Dan d author- God. God bless.

Lol did you just say my own interpretation? That is very laughable.

Thank God the Bible is written in many languages so go look for the one you understand and study it very well.
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Toks2008(m): 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
Excuzeme:

Stop biting yourself in the tongue!
It takes a dunce to do that.

Below is your quote advocating the prospective bride/groom to go seek REASON FOR THE DIVORCE, from the "Ex".

Why seek information from a 'source' (the Ex) when you are sure the information given will be FALSE and UNRELIABLE?
It simply shows a lack of clarity of the thought process on the part of whoever does that.
No long story, its a dud.

You still need to learn a thing or two about due diligence.
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Okite15(m): 7:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
Toks2008:

Lol did you just say my own interpretation? That is very laughable.

Thank God the Bible is written in many languages so go look for the one you understand and study it very well.

both d deceivers and d deceived are in d same shoe, stop deceiving people DAT dey can marry a divorcee. that said, a natural man cannot understand d things of d spirit! its clear u need salvation, quote me anywhere. Ciao...
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Toks2008(m): 8:08pm On Oct 19, 2016
Okite15:

both d deceivers and d deceived are in d same shoe, stop deceiving people DAT dey can marry a divorcee. that said, a natural man cannot understand d things of d spirit! its clear u need salvation, quote me anywhere. Ciao...

Just negodu there and stop showcasing your shallow understanding of the scriptures

Do you think I just write things from the scriptures without understanding?

Go back to the thread and read clearly what the scripture says about desertion as a viable ground for divorce and remarrying.

Please do me a favor and stop quoting me I don't get involved in beer parlor discussion ..the sripture is crystal clear. ..1 Corinthians 7:15. (GOD'S WORD® Tran slation)
"But if the unbelieving partners leave, let them go. Under these circumstances a Christian man or Christian woman is not bound [by a marriage vow]. God has called you to live in peace".
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 21, 2016
STENON:
The best is to run away from divorcee.

They are always nice, God-Fearing and caring at the beginning in order to attract opposite sex.
Talking from experience..... save journey to Niger
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by STENON(f): 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
singlessubway:
Talking from experience..... save journey to Niger
experience from what??... Niger for wetin??
Re: Before You Marry A Divorcee. by perfectcrown(f): 5:14pm On Oct 24, 2016
So I shld coman die sbi? Esply wen its in a case of baterring and resulting to almost death.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Advice Would You Give To The Person Dating Your Ex? / Nairaland Couples Went For Movies Last Weekend (photos) / Avoid A Narcissist At All Cost, My Experience. A Must Read.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.