Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Mba Or Msc - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mba Or Msc (3660 Views)

Access Bank Hiring - Bsc+ Msc / Mba Or Msc / Change Of Career: Mba Or Msc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mba Or Msc by easylife(m): 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2006
HELLO HOUSE, I NEED SOME ONE THAT CAN ADVICE ME ABOUT MBA AND MSC OF UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN,I AM A GRADUATE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE FROM UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN AND AM GOING TO CONCLUDE MY NYSC BY JANUARY 2007, I GRADUATED WITH SECOND CLASS LOWER, AND MY PLAIN IS TO START MY MASTER IMMEDIATELY AFTER MY SERVICE,I NEED ADVICE ON WHICH ONE TO GO FOR BETWEEN MBA OR MSC IN COMPUTER SCIENCE.AND WHAT IS THE GENERAL REQUIREMENT BOTH CGPA AND OTHER OF THE SCHOOL OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL UNIVERSITY.

THANKS
Re: Mba Or Msc by nnowu(f): 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2006
some one should advice me pls,i rounded up with my nysc in august,i have just been offered admissin in unilag to do my MBA, most people are advising me to get a job first,while just a few are in support of the programme.
someone should advice me candidly pls.
Big shout out to all nairalanders,u guys are doing a great job
Re: Mba Or Msc by Nikegenius(f): 12:39pm On Dec 30, 2006
Hi guys

To the first guy, UI does not offer you MBA without some good number of years of experience. So u are left with MSC.

To the second lady, its true u need to get a job first but you can do ur MBA too. From what i learnt, most companies dont want to hire you without years of experience cos they think u are no better than a fresh grad but u would want to be paid more. So, i'll advice you to continue with your MBA and try to get a job at the same time. if u cant cope, finish your MBA but dont add it in ur CV to get a job when u finish it unless it is very necessary.

Just an advice.

Compliments
Re: Mba Or Msc by shegewumi(m): 4:53pm On Dec 31, 2006
Please can anybody tell me when the MBA programme's application will commence in UI? Please I want toknow. I want to apply for it
Re: Mba Or Msc by Tzar(m): 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2007
I think I am in a very good position to offer advice. If u wanna b a career/executive person, an MBA is way better dan an MSc. D bad part is that an MBA is more difficult 2 secure admission in Nigeria. NUC in its efforts to upgrade and restructure MBA programmes in all UNI's in d county presented dis shockers: A huge number of MBA's were disaccredited/scrapped. As a result, the few MBA dat survived will increase tuition 4rm nxt session averagely u should hav 200,000 min 2 get an MBA, but now, u may hav 2 cough out at least 350,000 4 d most inexpensive MBA.
D NUC just hinted dat u'll hv 2 get 70% in the entrance examination (full or part-time) unlike 50-60% DAT OBTAINED B4.
Wn u finally get admission, there are speculations that the pass mark is no longer 40% but 50% if u dont want references, Lastly full-time MBA's may no longer b 15-18mnths but 2 yrs & part-time will no longer b 2yrs but 3 yrs.

U.I requires that u hv 5 yrs mgt experience & as at 2005 u'll hv 2 cough out 180,000/ session, Dy may ask u 2 pay more now. there r oda sch's like FUTA, FUTO, UNILAG, OOU, ABU dat just only ask 4 0-2yrs ordinary experience 4 bachelors holders and 2-5yrs ordinary experience 4 HND holders.

If any of the above constitute any form of obstacle i'll advice dat u do ur MSC. a PG degree is better than having none at all. a BAchelors has become basic education- every tom, dick and harry has it. D earlier u do it d better. Entrance is becoming more dreadful as I hav hinted above d earlier d better. My firends just paid 105,000 to obtain their MBA in Futa, I am paying 160,000 to obatain mine. It will definitely become hiher by nxt session. MSc's will soon follow suit. I remember dat an MSc in U.I, OAU and UNIJOS will cost u 9,000 in 2001/2002, now it costs a minimum of 60,000. Who knows what next.

4 MSc i will nt advise dat u go 2 u.I too. u wil use 18mnths. Why not go 2 LASU and spend just 1yr. I had my bachelors in U.I and I will round off my MBA in FUTA by May, 2007.
I hope dat i hav been helpful in any way.

. There r oda Fed Uni's dat offer d same programme
Re: Mba Or Msc by Tzar(m): 4:59pm On Jan 02, 2007
@ nnowu, shegewumi  & easylife
I think I am in a very good position to offer advice. If u wanna b a career/executive person, an MBA is way better dan an MSc. D bad part is that an MBA is more difficult 2 secure admission in Nigeria. NUC in its efforts to upgrade and restructure MBA programmes in all UNI's in d county presented dis shockers: A huge number of MBA's were disaccredited/scrapped. As a result, the few MBA dat survived will increase tuition 4rm nxt session averagely u should hav 200,000 min 2 get an MBA, but now, u may hav 2 cough out at least 350,000 4 d most inexpensive MBA.
D NUC just hinted dat u'll hv 2 get 70% in the entrance examination (full or part-time) unlike 50-60% DAT OBTAINED B4.
Wn u finally get admission, there are speculations that the pass mark is no longer 40% but 50% if u dont want references, Lastly full-time MBA's may no longer b 15-18mnths but 2 yrs & part-time will no longer b 2yrs but 3 yrs.

U.I requires that u hv 5 yrs mgt experience & as at 2005 u'll hv 2 cough out 180,000/ session, Dy may ask u 2 pay more now. there r oda sch's like FUTA, FUTO, UNILAG, OOU, ABU dat just only ask 4 0-2yrs ordinary experience  4 bachelors holders and 2-5yrs ordinary experience 4 HND holders.

If any of the above constitute any form of obstacle i'll advice dat u do ur MSC. a PG degree is better than having none at all. a BAchelors has become basic education- every tom, dick and harry has it. D earlier u do it d better. Entrance is becoming more dreadful as I hav hinted above d earlier d better. My firends just paid 105,000 to obtain their MBA in Futa, I am paying 160,000 to obatain mine. It will definitely become hiher by nxt session. MSc's will soon follow suit. I remember dat an MSc in U.I, OAU and UNIJOS will cost u 9,000 in 2001/2002, now it costs a minimum of 60,000. Who knows what next.

4 MSc i will nt advise dat u go 2 u.I too. u wil use 18mnths. Why not go 2 LASU and spend just 1yr. I had my bachelors in U.I and I will round off my MBA in FUTA by May, 2007.
I hope dat i hav been helpful in any way.

. There r oda Fed Uni's dat offer d same programme
Re: Mba Or Msc by nnowu(f): 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2007
nikegenius,thanks,i really appreciate
Re: Mba Or Msc by segedoo(m): 8:15pm On Jan 06, 2007
If u want to pursue ur MBA, just come to ife. That's because OAU, UNILAg and LBS were the 3 schools World Bank approved and are currently helping to upgrade their MBA programs to world-class standards and also NUC rates those 3 skools highly as per MBA offerings.

i recommend ife again - that's because it is the cheapest of the 3 - executive program is 250K and full time is about 80K but i think after this current set, there'll be a review.

also i recommend you try and secure a job. i'm just going to do a final job test next monday and i hope to get the job but then i submitted my thesis last july and the graduation ceremony was last december meaning i've been lounging 4 about 6 months after a BSc in Chemical Engineering and an MBA!!!

Thank God i learnt how to paint and people love them and buy otherwise i 4 suffer, I was also reading tonnes of Management Gurús' books like crazy and doing some consulting for small business while hoping for a good job.

Believe me it wasn't fun the few times i wasn't doing those stuffs that kept me busy and i was still broke atimes o.

all the best and never lose faith in ur self because if u do, u have lost the one battle that will determine whether you'll win the war of life.

And whatever happens, develop ur mind by reading relevant stuffs

all the best
Re: Mba Or Msc by morakinyo: 5:04am On Jan 07, 2007
@ nnowu
Pls when you said, you got admission into UNILAG for her MBA programme, was it the same MBA Entrance exam that was written on the 9th of Sept 2006?
Pls I need you to reply cos I wrote the exam and I've not heard anything or seen the admission lists. Thanks
Pls reply ASAP nnowu.
Re: Mba Or Msc by morakinyo: 5:07am On Jan 07, 2007
@ nnowu
Pls when you said, you got admission into UNILAG for her MBA programme, was it the same MBA Entrance exam that was written on the 9th of Sept 2006?
Pls I need you to reply cos I wrote the exam and I've not heard anything or seen the admission lists. Thanks
Pls reply ASAP nnowu.

(1) (Reply)

Federal Secret Security Service Vacancy. / Engineering Jobs-graduate And Experienced / Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.