Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Why Are Flight Attendants Often Required To Wear Pantyhose? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Flight Attendants Often Required To Wear Pantyhose? (1462 Views)

Chocotravel Uses Nude Flight Attendants In Ad Campaign (Video) / Pilot Reveals Reason Why Flight Attendants Dim The Plane's Lights Before Take Of / Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Flight Attendants Often Required To Wear Pantyhose? by BizLifeE: 10:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
My daughter is a flight attendant and is required to wear panty hose and it must be a specific shade, too. One reason is that it looks more professional, something the airlines like to encourage.

In addition, due to spending all their days up in the air and on their feet, it is suggested that they wear compression hose. Not the compression hose you find in a drugstore or department store. It is medical grade hosiery and when prescribed by their doctor, they receive reimbursement through their company's insurance. I don't know the compression ratings off the top of my head but each pair costs around $80.

Flight attendants are more prone to varicose veins due to the higher altitude and the constant changes in air pressure due to multiple take-offs and landings in a day (despite pressurized cabins). E.g., Four short haul flights in a day equals 4 take-offs and 4 landings every day. Over time, the strain on the vascular system can add up, especially if your family's genes predispose you to varicose veins.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Why-are-flight-attendants-often-required-to-wear-pantyhose

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: Why Are Flight Attendants Often Required To Wear Pantyhose? by Originalsly: 3:23am On Oct 17, 2016
Hmmm.... interesting!... Are the men...including pilots... required to wear panty hose too?.... I strongly believe they also have blood vessels.... and I guess are also exposed to the varying pressures on take offs and landings and being up in the air.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Flight Attendants Often Required To Wear Pantyhose? by Boeing777pilot: 7:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... interesting!... Are the men...including pilots... required to wear panty hose too?.... I strongly believe they also have blood vessels.... and I guess are also exposed to the varying pressures on take offs and landings and being up in the air.

cry embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) / Is There Any Safest Place On Earth / Tourist Attraction In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.