Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians (6187 Views)

Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen / Rivers APC Cries Out Over Killing , Arrest Of Members - Graphic Picture Warning / Dangote Vies With China Over Tomato Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by REALTRUTH1: 1:19am On Oct 22, 2009
The killing of 30 Nigerians at a go by the Chinese authorities for reasons yet to be ascertained will engage the attention of members of the House of Representatives at its plenary today, even as the House is said to be opposed to the planned cremation of the corpses of the deceased.

Already, the House said it was resolved to secure the repatriation of Nigerians currently languishing in Libyan prisons, having been sentenced to various jail terms, including life sentence, over immigration issues, just as the deportees accused Nigerian Embassy staff members in Libya of collecting $15,000 compensation from the Libyan government for each dead Nigerian.

The parliament said this, when its Committee on Diaspora headed by Honourable Abike Dabiri- Erewa, received in audience some Nigerians already serving life sentence in Libya, but repatriated, based on intervention of some Non- Governmental Organisations (NGOs), including the one in which Lagos lawyer, Femi Falana, was involved.

The House slated the debate on the killing of 30 Nigerians in China, following a motion of urgent public importance raised by Honourable Austin Nwachukwu, on the floor of the chamber.

According to the lawmaker, who had to seek the leave of the 360- member parliament before moving the motion, in line with the House rules, the affected Nigerians were the largest number that were ever executed at a go anywhere, while calling the attention of the members to the condemnable act.

The lawmaker noted that it was surprising that nobody had been able to establish the reason that led to execution of the affected people, saying that the Chinese authorities did not give any reason for the development.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/22102009/news/news3.html
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by REALTRUTH1: 1:22am On Oct 22, 2009
A clear indication of international disregard and disrespect for the entity called Nigeria,,,Naija home where human beings re so cheap!!!
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by SeanT21(f): 1:55am On Oct 22, 2009
Were they illegal??

1 Like

Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Shola2009(m): 2:03am On Oct 22, 2009
^^ haba! even if they were illegal.
This is inexcusable
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by SeanT21(f): 2:18am On Oct 22, 2009
Shola2009:

^^ haba! even if they were illegal.
This is inexcusable

NO, Its not. if U go to a foreign land without any papers and U know darn well that it is wrong then U deserve anything that comes ur way. How many times have Nigerians been warned to not go to China illegally. There are many stories of how illegals get treated over there but they still go anyway. Why should I have compassion on people who neglects the law of a nation
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by blackspade(m): 3:50am On Oct 22, 2009
Death should not be the punishment for being an illegal immigrant- that is just way too much.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Nobody: 4:23am On Oct 22, 2009
blackspade:

Death should not be the punishment for being an illegal immigrant- that is just way too much.

China has never sentenced any Nigerian to death for being illegal.
Some people like drawing sympathy for themselves or their friends by having us believe that such punishment is about immigration while it has to do with drugs, 419 or murder.

The standard fine for illegal immigrants is $700 and a flight ticket of which you will be sent straight to the airport.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by seeklove: 4:28am On Oct 22, 2009
SeanT21:

NO, Its not. if U go to a foreign land without any papers and U know darn well that it is wrong then U deserve anything that comes your way. How many times have Nigerians been warned to not go to China illegally. There are many stories of how illegals get treated over there but they still go anyway. Why should I have compassion on people who neglects the law of a nation

This is the height of wickedness! How can a woman open her mouth say something as heartless as this! This is somebody who probably is illegal in America. Not to mention that there are thousands of Liberians illegal all over the world. Most of them are in political asylum because of their civil war. I am sure you are either a sister to Price johnson or Charles Taylor who by the sort asylum in Nigeria. Tell me, is this the right way to enter a country? Asylum?
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by SeanT21(f): 4:40am On Oct 22, 2009
seeklove:

This is the height of wickedness! How can a woman open her mouth say something as heartless as this! This is somebody who probably is illegal in America. Not to mention that there are thousands of Liberians illegal all over the world. Most of them are in political asylum because of their civil war. I am sure you are either a sister to Price johnson or Charles Taylor who by the sort asylum in Nigeria. Tell me, is this the right way to enter a country? Asylum?

I do not give a damn if they were Liberians, americans or Chinese. If you enter a contry illegally then U deserve whatever comes your way. Rules are not meant to be broken especially after several warnings. No one said that life was gonna be easy.

What in the world does my post have to do with charles tayor in Nigeria
??
undecided
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Epiphany(m): 11:29am On Oct 22, 2009
Foreign countries will treat people the way their home countries treat them. Nigeria, a country with a total disregard for its citizens, is getting from China, Libya and others the kind of treatment they give to us at home.

We have all seen how the western countries hold their citizens in high esteem. Do we remember how Clinton, a former president, went to North Korea to negotiate the release of two American Citizens? North Korea could have just killed those two women but they chose to hold on a bit. I am sure that if they were Nigerians, they would have shot them on the spot, knowing that Nigeria is a very unserious country and does not care for its citizens.

However, WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE PEOPLE DOING IN CHINA? It is very unfortunate that some people no dey hear word. China is not a place where you decide to be illegal. Being black, they will stand out from everyone else and can easily be spotted anywhere. This is another unfortunate thing about Nigerians. When they are told NOT TO GO INTO CHINA BECAUSE OF THE REGIME, they turn a deaf ear to all advice. In this sense, i am not really sympathetic to their plight. . . including their death. With this development, you will find out that more Nigerians will still go into China or stay there illegally, even with the knowledge that being there can lead to their death. How do you sympathize with these kind of people?
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 22, 2009
nuzo:

Some people like drawing sympathy for themselves or their friends by having us believe that such punishment is about immigration while it has to do with drugs, 419 or murder.

The standard fine for illegal immigrants is $700 and a flight ticket of which you will be sent straight to the airport.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Utaroz(m): 11:45am On Oct 22, 2009
Please, I need a small clarification, 30 killed at a go? That must refer to 30 chickens, right?
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by koolchicco: 11:55am On Oct 22, 2009
SeanT21:

NO, Its not. if U go to a foreign land without any papers and U know darn well that it is wrong then U deserve anything that comes your way. How many times have Nigerians been warned to not go to China illegally. There are many stories of how illegals get treated over there but they still go anyway. Why should I have compassion on people who neglects the law of a nation

SeanT21:

I do not give a damn if they were Liberians, americans or Chinese. If you enter a contry illegally then U deserve whatever comes yourway. Rules are not meant to be broken especially after several warnings. No one said that life was gonna be easy.

??
undecided

Chai!! see yans!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by honeric01(m): 12:08pm On Oct 22, 2009
SeanT21:

SeanT21:

I do not give a damn if they were Liberians, americans or Chinese. If you enter a contry illegally then U deserve whatever comes your way. Rules are not meant to be broken especially after several warnings. No one said that life was gonna be easy.

??
undecided

No apologies, with these statements you made, you are a slowpoke.

Do your worst. angry angry angry angry angry

You will surely reap this in another form.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by bestvera: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2009
Are you talking about Human Beings  30 --------------  shocked, just try to kill 3 americans , that will be on the news for a whole month.As you take your property to be yeye, na so people go take am
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by bestvera: 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2009
To kill 30 chiken at a go is gross.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by honeric01(m): 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2009
bestvera:

Are you talking about Human Beings  30 --------------  shocked, just try to kill 3 americans , that will be on the news for a whole month.As you take your property to be yeye, na so people go take am

I tire oo, did you see what somebody said about the death of 30 Nigerians? read below:

SeanT21:

??
undecided

SeanT21:

Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by WilyWily: 12:20pm On Oct 22, 2009
Anyone who got information that Chinese authorities killed any of his relative, if he can should kill any Chinese here too. Nothing will happen.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by agor1974: 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2009
[b]I do not give a damn if they were Liberians, americans or Chinese. If you enter a contry illegally then U deserve whatever comes your way. Rules are not meant to be broken especially after several warnings. No one said that life was gonna be easy.

What in the world does my post have to do with charles tayor in Nigeria??  

ur writting is heartless,then if its so,as u wrote,white europeans in the whole of africa should all be hanged,cos they never came to africa with documents or passpport.and mind u not everyone in life is fortunate as u.just have it in the back of ur mind that the chines dont give a damm about black africans.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by chosen04(f): 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2009
Epiphany:

Foreign countries will treat people the way their home countries treat them. Nigeria, a country with a total disregard for its citizens, is getting from China, Libya and others the kind of treatment they give to us at home.

We have all seen how the western countries hold their citizens in high esteem. Do we remember how Clinton, a former president, went to North Korea to negotiate the release of two American Citizens? North Korea could have just killed those two women but they chose to hold on a bit. I am sure that if they were Nigerians, they would have shot them on the spot, knowing that Nigeria is a very unserious country and does not care for its citizens.

However, WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE PEOPLE DOING IN CHINA? It is very unfortunate that some people no dey hear word. China is not a place where you decide to be illegal. Being black, they will stand out from everyone else and can easily be spotted anywhere. This is another unfortunate thing about Nigerians. When they are told NOT TO GO INTO CHINA BECAUSE OF THE REGIME, they turn a deaf ear to all advice. In this sense, i am not really sympathetic to their plight. . . including their death. With this development, you will find out that more Nigerians will still go into China or stay there illegally, even with the knowledge that being there can lead to their death. How do you sympathize with these kind of people?

@EPIPHANY::

You started by making  very useful points but ended up sounding like some one from "Alien Country". There is no country in the world where illegal entry is punishable by death. Executing 30 Nigerians at a go smells of premeditated beef against Nigeria.

Does Nigeria execute nor even arrest illegal Chinese citizens the way China does to Nigerians? I dont blame them! its Nigeria that allow her citizens to be bullied and murdered for no just cause all over the world.

Look at Libya that used even illegal means to secue the release of her citizen convicted over the lockbie bombing killing Nigerians for no good reasons because they know that our govt dont care about us.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by kuramo: 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2009
@  SeanT21

You must be a heartless slowpoke to suggest that illegal migrants deserve to be executed because they have travelled to a foreign land on their own volition.

Don't you understand the concept of compassion and the sanctity of life, or are these alien ideas because of your limited education.

I wonder how you will feel if a close relative of yours is executed in a foreign land on the basis of the person overstaying his or her visa and thereby becoming an illegal immigrant.

Show some sense and intelligence to understand the issue goes beyond illegal migration.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by scottN(m): 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2009
agor1974:

SeanT21:

[b]I do not give a damn if they were Liberians, americans or Chinese. If you enter a contry illegally then U deserve whatever comes your way. Rules are not meant to be broken especially after several warnings. No one said that life was gonna be easy.

??
undecided

I'm sure u guys love d Human Rights Status u r enjoying at d moment!
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 22, 2009
Nigerians know that its death penalty for drug trafficking here. . . . Americans or the British are not spared. Its even worst for a Chinese national to use not to talk of trading on it.  But some Nigerians will have you believe that the Chinese govt is killing people for being illegal immigrants. LIES!
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by martinosi: 12:36pm On Oct 22, 2009
Getting Jailed in China as a Foriegner is a NO NO!!!

What the heck are Nigerians Doing Living in China Anyway

Just get your Goods for Export and Leave!!!
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by chosen04(f): 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2009
SeanT21:

??
undecided

@SeanT21::

So we should kill all the illegal Chinese citizens in Nigeria? IS that how to make the world a better place?
YOU ARE A DISAPPOINTMENT TO CIVILIZATION!!
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2009
chosen04:

@EPIPHANY::

You started by making  very useful points but ended up sounding like some one from "Alien Country". There is no country in the world where illegal entry is punishable by death. Executing 30 Nigerians at a go smells of premeditated beef against Nigeria.

Does Nigeria execute nor even arrest illegal Chinese citizens the way China does to Nigerians? I dont blame them! its Nigeria that allow her citizens to be bullied and murdered for no just cause all over the world.

Look at Libya that used even illegal means to secue the release of her citizen convicted over the lockbie bombing killing Nigerians for no good reasons because they know that our govt dont care about us.

I dont know about Libya. I can only say speak of where I know; China.
nuzo:

Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by koolchicco: 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2009
honeric01:

No apologies, with these statements you made, you are a slowpoke.

Do your worst. angry angry angry angry angry

You will surely reap this in another form.

I Concur. She is. angry angry
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by freeview(f): 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2009
@ seanT21, how could you be so heartless?
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by toideve(m): 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2009
nuzo:

I agree with you, the killing can never be as a result of immigration issues its beyond it. What are they even looking for in China of all places
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by bestvera: 12:45pm On Oct 22, 2009
My Brother honeric01 u dey mind that cow.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2009
toideve:

I agree with you, the killing can never be as a result of immigration issues its beyond it.

Why wasnt the ambassador mentioned in the whole article?
Was he the one that gave them this information?
Why wasnt he summoned immediately?

All these are all lies and if anyone doubts it. . . . give the embassy in Beijing or consulate in Shanghai a call and hear from them.
That doesnt mean that the Chinese government is totally clean, but executing 30 person for being illegal is the biggest lie of the century.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by chosen04(f): 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2009
nuzo:

Nigerians know that its death penalty for drug trafficking here. . . . Americans or the British are not spared. Its even worst for a Chinese national to use not to talk of trading on it.  But some Nigerians will have you believe that the Chinese govt is killing people for being illegal immigrants. LIES!

Were they given the opportunity of fair hearing during the trial period, If any? Executing of 30 Nigerians at a go can not be justified by what ever standard. Be it drug related, robbery etc. What has happened to life sentence in extreme cases?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tribute To African Military / "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. / Legal Method Of Obtaining Personal Police Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.