Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? (9957 Views)

There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! / Xtians/muslims Can You Trust An Atheist Like Your Fellow Theist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by geoworldedu: 1:32am On Oct 17, 2016
Could it be as a result of fear? As much as I know, Xtians are the most fearful set of people on earth. They fear that the world will end SOON. They fear rats and shout blood of Jesus. They fear just anything.

Atheists why don't you complain of witches and wizards and only Christians do, even praying DIE BY FIRE?

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by CoolUsername: 3:30am On Oct 17, 2016
Because I own up to my shortcomings and try to improve on myself.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 3:32am On Oct 17, 2016
Atheists are afraid of going to hell fire, so they start to wish an afterlife doesnt exist and try to build their life upon that lie.
As a result, they come to nairaland everyday to fight with their conscience....
cool

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by jeffizy(m): 4:01am On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:
Atheists are afraid of going to hell fire, so they start to wish an afterlife doesnt exist and try to build their life upon that lie.
cool

Lol.
Your argument is valid.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by akintom(m): 5:33am On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:
cool

The theists are afraid of an ANGRY God who will dump them in hell fire because they didn't recite the poem of initiation into illusion:

I acknowledge am a sinner
That i can't save myself
I accept Jesus die for my sin
I hereby accept him as my savoir.......

Atheists are on NL and everywhere educating you folks on the evil effects of religious beliefs, based on our empathic character.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 5:45am On Oct 17, 2016
akintom:

The theists are afraid of an ANGRY God who will dump them in hell fire because they didn't recite the poem of initiation into illusion:

I acknowledge am a sinner
That i can't save myself
I accept Jesus die for my sin
I hereby accept him as my savoir.......

Atheists are on NL and everywhere educating you folks on the evil effects of religious beliefs, based on our empathic character.

Save ur empathy for urself.
Why will we be afraid when we have Jesus?
Sorry, ur logic is poor.
U r the one who lacks something yet spends more time writing.
That tells a lot.
Besides, everywhere I have been to, even in my university days, christians and religious people have always been setting the pace in knowledge and academics.
Cant u see that its u atheists that dont read?
because ur comment oozes ignorance of that fact.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by akintom(m): 5:53am On Oct 17, 2016
geoworldedu:
Could it be as a result of fear? As much as I know, Xtians are the most fearful set of people on earth. They fear that the world will end SOON. They fear rats and shout blood of Jesus. They fear just anything.

Atheists why don't you complain of witches and wizards and only Christians do, even praying DIE BY FIRE?

From the neuroscientific standpoint, any abstract thought that you have strong feelings (beliefs) about (creating a neural pathway via the cognitive, memory and emotion parts of the brain), will become your conscious and unconscious experience.

Because atheists don't have beliefs about imaginary vicious beings, it can't find expression in either their conscious or unconscious experience.

What religious folks don't know is that, their unconscious mind can transform this belief about witches into images via dreams and trance, depending on how intense they feel about it.

And this irrational beliefs about witches started from some natural phenomenon like sleep paralysis. Because religious folks don't understand it, they assumed it's some vicious spirit that wants to suffocate them in their sleep.

And it's so pathetic to see them going on prayer and fasting ignorantly because of sleep paralysis.

The reason therefore that we the humanist empathize with the religious folks.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by akintom(m): 6:11am On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:

Save ur empathy for urself.
Why will we be afraid when we have Jesus?
Sorry, ur logic is poor.
U r the one who lacks something yet spends more time writing.
That tells a lot.
Besides, everywhere I have been to, even in my university days, christians and religious people have always been setting the pace in knowledge and academics.

My friend, can you now see how religious mentality has rubbished the university education in Nigeria? If not because religion has a way of creating myopic and narrow mindset in the adherents, you would have seen that intelligence is independent of religious beliefs.

For a moment, try and look with rational lens, you'll see thousands of atheists who are at the top of cutting edge knowledge and academic.

You didn't even understand the attached post. For you to claim conclusion on an idea, you MUST be able to support such idea with overwhelming, verifiable and reproducible references (this is rationality and intelligence).

Christian religion starts and ends with the bible (assumptions and illusions).

Cant u see that its u atheists that dont read?
because ur comment oozes ignorance of that fact.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 6:51am On Oct 17, 2016
akintom:
I can see i cant read the comment i am replying to?
That said atheists read books more than christians?
Or u didnt see it, before posting?
I am not surprised, how will u?

Commot there. sad
Mscheww
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by shadeyinka(m): 6:52am On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:
cool

Interestingly, its quite the opposite!
Atheists flock to the religious section even though they claim to be irreligious:

Why?

To keep their conscience under briddle

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by shadeyinka(m): 6:57am On Oct 17, 2016
geoworldedu:

A dead man doesn't need the doctor!
Why would a hunter pursue a monkey already in his trap?

Its a question of who is Dead or Alive!
Its about who is already Trapped or Free

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by akintom(m): 7:02am On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:

I can see i cant read the comment i am replying to?
That said atheists read books more than christians?
Or u didnt see it, before posting?
I am not surprised, how will u?

Commot there. sad
Mscheww

I spoke of understanding, not read.
The attached post is talking about overwhelming, yet empirical evidences, supported and corroborated by thousands of books, that irrefutably confirm the NON EXISTENCE OF GOD(S).

As against the USE of ONLY Bible that you folks use in defending the existence of Gods. Albeit without tangible evidence.

The many books is in relation SPECIFICALLY to existence of Gods, and not general knowledge of life.

Do you now understand?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 17, 2016
There is something called rational fear and irrational fear.

Fear for what you can see that might likely endanger you is rational so, getting scared of Lion or Dog is a rational fear.

Fear for what you can't see be assume it will haunt and taunt you is irrational fear and such is religion, witches and diabolical jagon etc

Atheists has only rational fear and applies logic to take care of irrational fear because irrational fear is non-existent, just your mind playing tricks on you. (Deja Vu)

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by frank317: 7:21am On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:
cool

Lol... U are one hell of an intelligent dude. as for me, I am so scared of hell that I want to go there.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by geoworldedu: 7:32am On Oct 17, 2016
shadeyinka:

A dead man doesn't need the doctor!
Why would a hunter pursue a monkey already in his trap?

Its a question of who is Dead or Alive!
Its about who is already Trapped or Free

Abi o. So you mean atheists are already free, so they have nothing to fear. And Christians are still in bondage of fear. This world is funny o.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by geoworldedu: 7:35am On Oct 17, 2016
aaronson:
There is something called rational fear and irrational fear.

Fear for what you can see that might likely endanger you is rational so, getting scared of Lion or Dog is a rational fear.

Fear for what you can't see be assume it will haunt and taunt you is irrational fear and such is religion, witches and diabolical jagon etc

Atheists has only rational fear and applies logic to take care of irrational fear because irrational fear is non-existent, just your mind playing tricks on you.
(Deja Vu)
Have you once been an atheist? How did you know they have rational fear? Majority of atheists were once Christians, so they can tell what Christians feel, but you can't tell what atheists feel because you've never been one.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by shadeyinka(m): 7:38am On Oct 17, 2016
geoworldedu:
Abi o. So you mean atheists are already free, so they have nothing to fear. And Christians are still in bondage of fear. This world is funny o.

After eating the forbidden fruit they think they are free not knowing that they just sold themselves into slavery.

Just like Eve, they need company in their rebellion
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by Elthugnificent(m): 7:47am On Oct 17, 2016
geoworldedu:
Have you once been an atheist? How did you know they have rational fear? Majority of atheists were once Christians, so they can tell what Christians feel, but you can't tell what atheists feel because you've never been one.
Exactly dude! They can't phantom such feeling. Those days when things aint moving as plan and you or your pastor easily attribute that to the witches in your village lol.

Someone once wrote about the advantages of been an atheist, some people argue that there is non. Well as for me the greatest advantage is the freedom from been superstitious of things around. I decide my fate, without accusing any witches/wizard from my village, or attributing people success to witchcraft.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by raphieMontella: 8:06am On Oct 17, 2016
geoworldedu:

because witches are a figment of our imaginations.
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by Wilgrea7(m): 8:17am On Oct 17, 2016
geoworldedu:

there are 2 types of atheists

1. the type that believe in supernatural stuff like juju and jazz etc

2. the type that don't believe in any supernatural stuff

if spirit slap d first type.... they will run to babalawo or pastor

if spirit slap d second type they will join one religion.. person no go tell them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 8:40am On Oct 17, 2016
frank317:

Lol... U are one hell of an intelligent dude. as for me, I am so scared of hell that I want to go there.

U dont have to,
I pray 4 u my brethren. U shall be liberated,
Its not ur portion.
Jesus loves u.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 8:41am On Oct 17, 2016
akintom:

I spoke of understanding, not read.
The attached post is talking about overwhelming, yet empirical evidences, supported and corroborated by thousands of books, that irrefutably confirm the NON EXISTENCE OF GOD(S).

As against the USE of ONLY Bible that you folks use in defending the existence of Gods. Albeit without tangible evidence.

The many books is in relation SPECIFICALLY to existence of Gods, and not general knowledge of life.

Do you now understand?

No my pikin, ur meme says otherwise
cool
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by hopefulLandlord: 8:53am On Oct 17, 2016
when you get rid of your imaginary friends, imaginary enemies also leave with it

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by kjhova(m): 9:31am On Oct 17, 2016
Wilgrea7:

there are 2 types of atheists

1. the type that believe in supernatural stuff like juju and jazz etc

2. the type that don't believe in any supernatural stuff

if spirit slap d first type.... they will run to babalawo or pastor

if spirit slap d second type they will join one religion.. person no go tell them

Looooooooool!!

Actually, there are two types of people in the world; be they atheist or religious people. The two types of people in existence are; Dumb & Intelligent people.

Now intelligent people treat every mishap as case study to figure why, where, when, who and how while dumb people convince themselves that a mishap is the result of a spirit slap!!

So I tell you what, an atheist in a near death situation like a seeming plane crash reconciles himself with the situation while the religious folks freak themselves to death screaming loud in tears for sky daddy to save them!! Plane crashes or pilot manages to land...the atheist picks his baggage and go home to celebrate with his family while some pastor somewhere in the religious guy's church is about to get richer!!!

I'm sure you get my point.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by hopefulLandlord: 9:33am On Oct 17, 2016
kjhova:

Looooooooool!!

Actually, there are two types of people in the world; be they atheist or religious people. The two types of people in existence are; Dumb & Intelligent people.

Now intelligent people treat every mishap as case study to figure why, where, when, who and how while dumb people convince themselves that a mishap is the result of a spirit slap!!

So I tell you what, an atheist in a near death situation like a seeming plane crash reconciles himself with the situation while the religious folks freak themselves to death screaming loud in tears for sky daddy to save them!! Plane crashes or pilot manages to land...the atheist picks his baggage and go home to celebrate with his family while some pastor somewhere in the religious guy's church is about to get richer!!!

You've got good brain

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by akintom(m): 10:05am On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:

No my pikin, ur meme says otherwise
cool

You just have to learn how to engage intelligently, especially on the issues of religious beliefs.

Am not out to sound ambiguous or insincere in my writings.
Like many theists on this platform, they either lack the attitude of courtesy or deliberately choose to be ridiculous. The only exception to this attitude is shadeyinka, who will not find it difficult to admit he "doesn't know" response.

If you must dismiss my claim, you must do that based on rebuttal that is supported with evidence and intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 10:08am On Oct 17, 2016
akintom:

You just have to learn how to engage intelligently, especially on the issues of religious beliefs.

Am not out to sound ambiguous or insincere in my writings.
Like many theists on this platform, they either lack the attitude of courtesy or deliberately choose to be ridiculous. The only exception to this attitude is shadeyinka, who will not find it difficult to admit he "doesn't know" response.

Somebody who just blasted a meme is trying to teach me how to engage intelligently.

Issorai. smiley
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by jonbellion(m): 10:22am On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:
cool
lol hell fire 8 bullshit I don't address religion because of God; I address it because of the people who believe in God. I don't want them to believe in a fantasy. I want them to believe what is true. If most of the world believed in Harry Potter and based life decisions — that affect everyone — on that belief, then I'd spend my time addressing Harry Potter. Get this straight: I don't know if a god exists, but I do KNOW the Abrahamic God doesn't exist, for He is an illogical concept, rife with contradiction — a square circle of loving wrath, known to have gone through an evolution as He was compiled by the ancients throughout history. This is very obvious

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 10:28am On Oct 17, 2016
jonbellion:
lol hell fire 8 bullshit I don't address religion because of God; I address it because of the people who believe in God. I don't want them to believe in a fantasy. I want them to believe what is true. If most of the world believed in Harry Potter and based life decisions — that affect everyone — on that belief, then I'd spend my time addressing Harry Potter. Get this straight: I don't know if a god exists, but I do KNOW the Abrahamic God doesn't exist, for He is an illogical concept, rife with contradiction — a square circle of loving wrath, known to have gone through an evolution as He was compiled by the ancients throughout history. This is very obvious

Eiya, evangelist atheist.
Whats obvious is God created us and sent Jesus to save us.
If u dont believe it, u dont have to become apostle of non belief.
because u seem pained about what u call imaginary. cheesy
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by Wilgrea7(m): 10:30am On Oct 17, 2016
kjhova:

Looooooooool!!

i get ur point... still tho... it depends on the kind of religious person.... plus I've never seen an atheist explain miracles to me
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by akintom(m): 10:43am On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:

Somebody who just blasted a meme is trying to teach me how to engage intelligently.

Issorai. smiley

If you must dismiss my claim, you must do that based on rebuttal that is supported with evidence and intelligence.
Re: Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? by felixomor: 10:45am On Oct 17, 2016
akintom:

And ur meme was supported by which evidence nor Intelligence?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Country Where Garden Of Eden Is Located... (photos) / Tattoo On The Body Is Evil / Catholic Bishops Donate N10million To Nimbo Victims Of Fulani Herdsmen Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.